• Published 8th Jul 2023
  • 456 Views, 6 Comments

Twilight Abuses the Cutie Map - Cxcd



Twilight messes with the Cutiemap, and creates a way to look into alternate timelines. What’s going on over there?

  • ...
1
 6
 456

Broken Family Aftermath

“Poor Trent…” Starlight sighed. “Being stuck with such a hostile family…” The snackening had increased in volume, no longer contained to a simple bowl of popcorn. Now, there was a large soda sitting on the ground for every pony in the room. Which was strange, as the amount of sodas added up to four, instead of three.

“Did you see how he dived through that cloud?” The voice of Spike said, sipping on the straw to his. “That’s like- basic Pegasus knowledge. I’m a dragon, and even I know not to dive through a wild cloud like that.”

“Why was the mayor so weird?” Twilight said aloud, although the question was mainly directed towards herself. “She acts like she’s a thousand years old, or something.”

“Why did the hologram change from ponies to humans mid-way through?” Rarity asked. “It was such a… jarring and unexpected change.”

“I think the table was confused on which reality it was supposed to be broadcasting.” Twilight explained. “It might’ve lost signal with the first timeline, and simply switched to the most similar one. It just happened to be full of humans instead of ponies.”

“Hey, Ollie kind of reminded me of you, Twi.” Spike said, now burrowing his claws into the bowl of popcorn. “Big bookworm, never goes outside. Actually, Ollie’s mom is a lot like our mom, Twi… Now that I think about it… wasn’t her dad a lot like Dad, too?”

“Cosmic coincidence.” Starlight answered. “Seriously. This is cosmic. There’s a lot of room for things to happen out in the universe.”

“Or, alternatively…” Rarity cut in. “Ollie was Twilight, just from another timeline. A very, very distant timeline, to be fair, but still that timeline’s Twilight.”

“Maybe. I dunno.” Spike shrugged, piling popcorn into his mouth. “Can we start the next one?”

“Sure.” Twilight said, reaching out her magic. But, unfortunately, her face twisted into a strange grimace as she did so.

“Everything okay, Twilight?” Starlight asked.

“Y-Yeah.” She nodded. “It’s just- this timeline is really… fuzzy. It’s kind of hard to explain…” She twisted her head while she worked her spell. “It’s skipping like a record. We might not get to see the entire story here.”

“Well, we haven’t thusfar.” Rarity commented.

“I’m getting blueballs over here, Twilight.” Starlight said. Twilight’s muzzle blushed at that comment, as did Rarity’s. Spike, however, clenched his gut in laughter, rolling to his side.

“Thank you for that, Starlight.” Twilight rolled her eyes. Finally, the image appeared. That of a small farm house on a field of mud.