• Published 8th Jul 2023
  • 456 Views, 6 Comments

Twilight Abuses the Cutie Map - Cxcd



Twilight messes with the Cutiemap, and creates a way to look into alternate timelines. What’s going on over there?

  • ...
1
 6
 456

The Map Gets Abused

The duo arrived at the doors to the crystal throne room. It was a foreboding sight, as the usually bright and vibrant crystal castle looked drained and borderline abandoned as all of the light was sucked out of the walls. Rarity and Starlight exchanged concerned glances as the feeling of dread weighed heavily upon their withers.

Bright blue light arched and spilled out of any cracks of the door in front of them, flickering obedientially in time with the sounds of snapping electricity inside. Rarity, as politely as the situation allowed, cleared her throat, leaning towards Starlight.

“I-I’ve been meaning to ask, but what on Equestria is she doing in there?”

“She… decided to use my spell.” Starlight said awkwardly, rubbing a hoof against the back of her mane.

Your spell?” Rarity asked, her snout turning up. Starlight laughed nervously.

“My… edited spell. When I… you know, tried to ruin Equestria? I went back in time and ended the world several times over?”

“That’s hard to forget, darling.” Rarity sighed, her eyes narrowing. “What exactly is Twilight doing in there? With your spell, no less?”

“I think it’s better if I just show you.” Starlight said. Without another word, the duo approached the doors. Starlight’s horn ignited turquoise, and both doors swung open simultaneously.

The only word that came to Rarity’s mind was chaos.

Discord would’ve been proud.

The crystal thrones were nowhere to be seen. In the center of the room was the table, except instead of showing a roughly sized map of modern Equestria, the entire thing was growing an ethereal blue as the interior of a small doll house levitated a few inches above. The table was fitted with huge black cables that snaked all across the floor, attaching to the walls, and draining the power of the castle. Rarity felt her hairs stand up on her coat from simply walking in.

Twilight had her back facing the door, a welders mask propped up against her horn. From the table was a faint voice, like she was listening to a radio.

Look.” The voice of Fluttershy said. “These aren’t full-grown fangs. If I had to guess, he would only be… maybe a little older than Applebloom, or Sweetie-belle.

Rarity approached the Alicorn from behind, peering over her shoulder. The room being holographically displayed was that of Fluttershy’s home, iconicly identified by it’s fireplace burning a bright… blue, and the multitude of tiny staircases for critters to roam around.

It has fangs! Are you going to show me it’s fangs and not tell me it’s a predator-monster? Plus, maybe that’s just what full-grown bug-monster’s fangs look like!” Rainbow Dash said, also present in the room with Fluttershy.

Then, Rarity cleared her throat.

“Gah!” Twilight yelled. She whipped around quickly, her wings flapping wildly as the helmet she wore fell off, bouncing against the ground as she faced the two intruders. “H-Hello, Rarity! Starlight! So nice of you to-” Her horn ignited as the hologram behind her faded. “-join me!”

“Twilight, darling…” Rarity said with concern. “Be a dear and explain why you were spying on our friends?”

“Spying? No-no-no!” Twilight waved her hoof, taking a deep breath to calm herself down. “I’m simply taking a looking glass at different timelines!”

Starlight’s ears perked up when she heard this, taking a step forwards.

“Different timelines?” Starlight asked. “Like the timelines I created?”

“Not quite.” Twilight said. She turned around, igniting her horn once more, and the hologram once more came to life. She let it stabilize as she looked back to the group. “Do you two remember the human world?”

“Hard to forget…” Starlight mumbled.

“You’ve explained it before, yes.” Rarity nodded.

“The human world is simply another timeline. One that our timeline has ‘docked’ with, and now we can freely travel between these two timelines. Now- imagine if we could- not necessarily dock, but rather take a telescope to these timelines as they pass by!”

“Hm.” Rarity tapped her chin. “And would they be as different as the human world?”

“Maybe-maybe not?” Twilight shrugged. “I’ve been experimenting, and they’re not always super different. The one I was just looking through was one where Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash found a baby Changeling, years before the Canterlot invasion. They don’t always have to be super different.”

“Speaking of Rainbow Dash…” Starlight said, tilting her head. Twilight blinked, raising an eyebrow.

“What about her?” She asked.

“I mean…” Starlight nodded her head again, this time more aggressively. “Turn around.”

“Turn around?” Twilight asked, doing as told.

The hologram had stabilized, and it had turned into a clear picture of her bedroom back at the Golden Oaks before it had been obliterated in her fight with Tirek.

Except there was a definite… addition in her bed, that Twilight went scarlet at.

Uhh- if you tell anypony I’m the little spoon, I will kill you.” The holographic Rainbow Dash said.

Of course I wouldn’t tell.” The other holographic Twilight laughed. “I don’t think you’re big enough to be the big spoon.

Rarity and Starlight’s mouths both opened wide as they watched the scene unfold. In Twilight’s old bed were two ponies, both snuggling each other dearly. Watching as Twilight, the Princess and bookworm, held the Rainbow Dash, the fastest flyer in Equestia, like a snugly teddy bear, short-circuited both of their brains.

“Oh my Sweet Celestia!” The real Twilight shouted. “Turn it off, turn it off!” Her horn ignited as the hologram began flickering.

T-That was different! My legs hurt from walking all day, and-

It’s- bzzt- okay, Rainbow, I love you- bzzt- and your shortness.” The hologram ended as the small Twilight kissed Rainbow on the forehead.

The silence was deathly. Slowly, Twilight turned around, her cheeks on fire as Rarity and Starlight stood with their jaws open, completely stunned.

“We do not tell anypony about this.” Twilight was the first to speak. “Especially not Rainbow.”

“That was…” Rarity chewed air for a moment, trying to grasp the correct words. “…quite adorable, actually.”

Rarity!”Twilight shouted. “We’re not going to- this is not- ugh!” Twilight buried her face in her hooves. “That was awful.”

“I thought it was cute, too.” Starlight said. Twilight made a noise that sounded like a mix between stuttering and embarrassment, deepening her hooves into her face. “What else can this thing do?”

“Show my love-life, apparently.” Twilight mumbled. Starlight smiled deviously, igniting her horn.

“Then let’s take a look, shall we?” She smiled. Without another word, the hologram ignited, and it once again began to transform into a delicate date.