• Published 2nd Jul 2023
  • 2,170 Views, 1,362 Comments

My Little Pony: Nine Elements Book 2 - BlueBioWolf



A continuation of version of Friendship is Magic that has nine Elements of Harmony and Spike being treated with more respect.

  • ...
11
 1,362
 2,170

Chapter 23: The Tell-Tale Nose (Original Chapter)

My Little Pony: Nine Elements

Book 2

Written by Brandon Nell and Blake Hawkins

Chapter 23: The Tell-Tale Nose

The day after Peewee hatched, Twilight saw Spike playing with the phoenix chick. Peewee chirped happily, enjoying his playtime with Spike.

“Enjoying your new pet, Spike?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah,” Spike said. “Peewee’s really been getting the hang of my playtime. I know soon I’ll want to teach him obedience.”

“You’d be the third case of a sentient creature domesticating a phoenix,” Twilight said.

“I know there’s Princess Celestia,” Spike added as he gently tossed a rubber ball to Peewee. “But, who’s the other besides me?”

“Sunset Shimmer,” Twilight said. “She hatched Philomena’s daughter, remember?”

“Oh, yeah,” Spike nodded. “Sorry. It’s just that we haven’t met Sunset, so, it’s sometimes hard for me to really keep track of her or what she did. You think we’ll ever meet her?”

“Who knows,” Twilight answered with a shrug. There was a knock at the door. “Coming~” Twilight called as she went to answer the door. She opened it to find Rainbow Dash. “Ah, hi, Rainbow.”

“Hey, Twilight,” Rainbow smiled. “I finished another Daring Do book.”

“Ah, good,” Twilight said. She then led her pegasus friend inside. “Ready for the next one?”

“Sure am,” Rainbow said.

Twilight suddenly remembered something. “I have errands to run,” she said. “I’ll be back in a bit.”

“Yeah, sure,” Rainbow waid.

“Later, Mom,” Spike called. Peewee chirped in response.

After Twilight left, Rainbow noticed a skateboard on top of a bookshelf not even the ladder could reach.

“Hey, Spike,” Rainbow said. “Has that skateboard always been there?”

“Since I got it for my birthday this year,” Spike said. “Obviously, I don’t use it indoors.”

“Oh, I see,” Rainbow said. The brash pegasus suddenly had a sneaky idea. “Well, I got what I came for,” she said, picking up the next Daring Do book. “I’ll be off now.” She then walked out the door. Once outside, she snuck her way in through an open window and placed the skateboard on the floor when Spike wasn’t looking. Afterwards, she hid herself on top of the bookshelf.


At that very moment, Spike was moving some parchment to another spot, meaning he couldn’t see the skateboard in front of him.

“Okay,” Spike said to himself. “Got to make sure these are taken care of before mom gets ba-” he stepped on the skateboard. “AaaaAaaaaAAaaaAAAAACK~!” Unable to keep his balance, Spike skated across the room.

Twilight returned to see Spike skateboarding in the library.

“Spike!” Twilight exclaimed. She levitated him to her. “How many times have I told you not to skateboard indoors?”

“Uh, none?” Spike answered.

“I shouldn’t have to tell you!” Twilight said.

“I don’t know how it happened,” Spike said honestly. “I was taking the parchment to a different part of the library and I couldn’t see where I was going.”

“It pains me to do this, Spike,” Twilight said. “But, until further notice, you’re grounded.”

“What?!” Spike exclaimed. “But-”

“I’m sorry, Spike, but, that’s the way it is until I get to the bottom of this,” Twilight said.

Spike was pained to hear this. So, he went off to his basket bed and got under his covers in a huff. Rainbow, who was still hiding out of sight, saw the whole ordeal. At that moment, she began to feel guilty.

I never thought that would happen, Rainbow thought to herself. When Twilight wasn’t looking, Rainbow snuck out of the library. None of them knew that Peewee had witnessed the whole incident.


Later, Twilight was having a picnic with the other guardians, Caramel, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Though, she had a rather sad look on her face. Fluttershy noticed.

“What’s the matter, Twilight?” she asked. “Why do you look so sad?”

“And where’s Spike?” Rarity asked. “It’s not like him to miss out on a social gathering with us.”

Twilight sighed sadly and explained. “I went out to run errands and left Spike while he had his own chores to perform. But, when I returned, I found him skateboarding in the library. So, I had to ground him.”

“That doesn’t sound like Spike,” Sweetie Belle said. “He knows better than to skateboard indoors.”

“Yeah,” Applejack said. “N’ didn’t we all learn not ta jump ta conclusions?”

“How’d the skateboard even get there in the first place?” Scootaloo asked.

Rainbow looked from side to side. “Maybe he bumped something and it fell down,” she said. At that very moment, she sneezed.

“Bless you,” Pinkie said, giving Rainbow a tissue.

“I propose we investigate this mystery,” Rarity said.

“‘N the sooner we find this out,” Apple Bloom said enthusiastically. “The sooner Spike can get ungrounded!”

As the ponies headed to the library, Rainbow was a bit hesitant, which Fluttershy noticed.

“Rainbow, aren’t you going to help Spike with us?” she asked.

“Well, of course I am,” Rainbow said before sneezing again.

“You’re not feeling sick, are you?” Fluttershy asked. “That’s the second sneeze I heard from you today.”

“I don’t feel sick,” Rainbow admitted.

“Oh, that’s good,” Fluttershy said. “Though, make sure to have some tissues available if you feel any more sneezes just in case. Let’s go.”

Rainbow followed, but, she was finding it difficult to hide her guilt.


Once the ponies made it back to the Golden Oak Library, Twilight looked in cautiously to check on Spike. He was in his basket bed with his back facing the door. It was evident he was still upset. Peewee was close by Spike’s bedside, looking sad for his friend.

“Enjoy your picnic?” Spike asked glumly.

“Honestly, no,” Twilight answered. “I talked the situation over with our friends and we’re going to investigate what really happened.”

Peewee flew over to Twilight. He chirped at her, but, since Twilight wasn’t a Critter Whisperer, she couldn’t understand him.

“I’m sorry, Peewee,” she said. “I can’t understand you.” She then went to regroup with the others.

“I take it Spike is upset about this?” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight nodded grimly. Peewee decided to make his presence known by chirping.

“Hiya, Peewee,” Applejack said. “Ya bein’ by Spike’s side?”

Peewee kept chirping while frantically flapping his little wings.

“Peewee’s trying to tell us something,” Fluttershy said.

Caramel gasped. “What is it, boy?” he asked.

“I think we should let Fluttershy translate,” Sweetie Belle said. “She’s the only Critter Whisperer here.”

“Oh, right,” Caramel said. “I forgot.”

Fluttershy listened carefully to Peewee’s chirps. “He’s saying ‘Wainbow put boawd down.’” She turned to the others. “Since he’s still a chick, he’s still grasping words.”

“Who’s Wainbow?” Scootaloo asked.

“Uh, nopony I know,” Rainbow said before sneezing again.

Applejack then turned to Rainbow suspiciously. “Rainbow,” she said sternly. “Ya wouldn’t happen ta know anythin’ ‘bout this, would ya?”

Rainbow could see all of them looking at her and knew she had to tell them the truth.

I’m the reason why the skateboard was moved out of place,” Rainbow said after a sigh. “I meant for it to be a prank, but, I never thought that Spike would get into trouble for it.”

Twilight had a look of guilt on her face. “I punished Spike for something that wasn’t his fault!”

“Well,” Applejack said empathetically. “Ya can make things right fer that.” She then turned to Rainbow with a sterner face. “As fer y’all, Rainbow, yer goin’ ta apologize fer prankin’ Spike n’ gettin’ him inta trouble.”

Twilight and Rainbow went up the stairs with Rarity joining and using her magic to tow Rainbow by the ear.

“Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow,” Rainbow complained.


They soon reached Spike’s basket bed. Twilight approached him sadly and was ready to apologize.

“Spike,” Twilight said in a genuinely apologetic tone. “I was never supposed to ground you for what happened because I’ve come to learn that it wasn’t your fault. So, you are ungrounded. I’m so sorry for punishing you for something you didn’t do. I hope I can make it up to you and you don’t have to forgive me right away if you don’t feel ready to, but, for now, all I can say is, I’m sorry.” She hugged the little drake. It did take a few moments, but, Spike returned the hug.

“Thank you, Mom,” Spike said, his voice slightly raspy from the emotional lump in his throat. He then turned to see Rarity, still magically towing Rainbow by her ear. “Rarity? Rainbow? What are you two doing here?”

“Rainbow has something to tell you,” Rarity said. She then let go of Rainbow’s ear and gently nudged her forward.

Rainbow sighed. “I’m why you got in trouble. I put that skateboard there and I hid out of sight. I thought it was going to be a funny joke, but, instead, you ended up getting punished for it. So, I’m really sorry, Spike.”

Spike was less than pleased with this revelation.

“I should have figured you had something to do with this,” he said. “Aside from Pinkie, you’re one of the ponies in our friend group who can’t resist pulling pranks.”

“I didn’t mean for you to get in trouble,” Rainbow said.

“You made me step on a skateboard indoors,” Spike countered. “What’d you think would happen?!”

“I…” Rainbow started, before sighing. “I didn’t think.”

“That’s a problem you need to work on, Rainbow,” Rarity said.

“Yeah, you’re right,” Rainbow said.

“And it looks like I have to work through my own problem, too,” Twilight said. “About making sure I truly get all of the facts before I decide if Spike needs to be punished.” She gently stroked Spike’s head.

“I forgive you, Mom,” Spike said, gently hugging Twilight. “Rainbow, I’ll need some time to forgive.”

“Yeah, I get it,” Rainbow said, lowering her head sadly. “For now, though, I’m sorry and I promise I’ll never prank you again. I’ll even make it a Pinkie Promise.” She went through the Pinkie Promise gesture to seal the deal.

“So,” Twilight said. “There’s still some time in the day. Want to join us for a new picnic, Spike?”

“Sure,” Spike said.

Spike got out of bed and he got onto Twilight’s back. She, Rarity, and Rainbow then walked out of the library, with Peewee flying up to Spike happily.

“Peewee saw what happened,” Fluttershy said.

“And Rainbow explained, too,” Spike said. “Now, let’s go on that picnic!”

The friends happily obliged since Spike was feeling much better. It did take some time, but, he eventually did forgive Rainbow for what had happened.

“I think Rainbow’s learned a lesson to report to Princess Celestia,” Twilight said.

“I sure did,” Rainbow said.

Spike pulled out a quill and parchment. “Go for it,” he said.

Dear Princess Celestia,
I like pulling pranks on my friends, but, I pulled a prank on a friend that got them in trouble and they were blamed for it. I tried fighting the guilt I felt, but, I had to fess up for what really happened. So, from now on, I promise to always own up to my mistakes and make sure that if I ever do prank others, it’ll actually be something that everypony or creature can enjoy.
Yours truly,
Rainbow Dash

Spike rolled up the scroll and sent it away. “Wait,” he said. “I remembered something!”

“Oh, no!” Rainbow said in alarm. “What?!”

“That letter Princess Celestia sent me!” Spike said as he reached into his loose scales.

“Oh, yeah!” Twilight said. “The one you got while you were at the dragon lands!”

“What’s it say?” Applejack asked.

Spike read it carefully. “From the desk of Princess Celestia, Dear Spike, tell the Guardians of Harmony that they and yourself are invited to the upcoming National Dessert Competition in Canterlot. If you’re reading it to them or one of them happens to be reading it, well, the job’s done either way.

“National Dessert Competition?!” Pinkie said happily. “I have got to let the Cakes know about this! They have a new recipe they’ve been working on and they should totally enter it!”

She dashed off to Sugarcube Corner. What was the recipe, you ask? Well, you’ll find out in the next chapter.

End of chapter.

Author's Note:

Here's the next chapter.

Yeah, this one's not as long as the others. But, I'm not going to adapt Ponyville Confidential. For those who don't know, here's why:

The hypocrisy of the Mane 6. They enjoy embarrassing gossip about others, but, they only start disliking it when they’re being gossiped about. Not only that, but, said gossip came from a newspaper for a school they don’t even go to. Plus, Twilight, who’s supposed to be the most levelheaded of the Mane 6, childishly put up a force field around the library, ignoring the fact that someone BESIDES the CMC would come and not a single one of them thought to ask the CMC for their side of the story (being blackmailed into posting more gossip). Rainbow making it rain on the CMC? That's just cruel. I mean, seriously, the Mane 6 have defeated Nightmare Moon and Discord at that point, yet, they start acting like foals over a school newspaper?! That's a complete loss of character development!

Did I make that clear by now? If yes, good. If not, READ THE REASON AGAIN!

If you liked this chapter, feel free to contact me via private messages if you'd like to help make future chapters.