• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 5,745 Views, 303 Comments

Slave of Eternity - Secrets and Lies



Chaos descends upon the land. The Immortal Man will discover the genesis of Equestria. The Slave comes.

  • ...
14
 303
 5,745

20

Author's Note:

Revised January 12th, 2014

(20)

Silence filled the corridors of Canterlot Castle as the Royal Guards tried to barge into the throne room where Discord and their Princesses were. Their unsuccessful attempt to ram it down with the battering ram or teleport inside the chamber was useless. Each swing of the ram seemed to cause no visible damage to the large doorways, and trying to use any unicorn magic surrounding the chamber was ineffective. It appeared they could do nothing for their two Princesses and their Captain of the Guard. As soon as Valiant had left the two inside the chamber with Discord, the double doors behind them shut and were cloaked in a field of foreign magic–which hindered unicorns and held back earth ponies. Not much commotion could be heard from outside the chamber, so they were unsure whether or not their rulers were in danger.

Inside the throne room stood the three and Discord–still alive and well. The Princesses and Shining Armor watched the window Discord had enchanted earlier to show a live view of Cloudsdale. They all had watched the Fall of Cloudsdale take place and how the pegasi made fruitless efforts to escape the city. For the fall of the city wasn’t the major casualty, but how the mass of Changelings picked the pegasi off like sharks attacking schools of fish. Each would dive atop another and blast beams of harmful emerald energy over them which trapped them in cocoons. There they would sleep and the Changelings would web them together in bundles, feasting off of their last ounces of hope and love. Sapping such energy from one pony would hardly give a changeling any new strength since their hope was already so slim from the battle; but when the pegasi were bundled together by the hundreds, then mass amounts of power could be exchanged among the armies. Their wounds and sapped magic was soon replenished when draining the love from the pegasi, and in no time they would soon be ready to attack Canterlot.

Discord watched on from his sinister throne he conjured into the room, still intently intrigued at how the Changelings took great care of their captives. No pony that was captured was necessarily dead, for a dead pony would give no such force such as love or hope and was deemed worthless; however there were great casualties among the many who were crushed in the buildings when the city fell, from the soldiers and civilians who fought back and were skewered by the Changeling’s horns, and those who were decimated by the volley fire during the first hours of the battle. The death toll was only counted for in Cloudsdale though, no one knew the number of fatalities in Ponyville–in fact–neither the Princesses or the Captain of the Guard knew about the invasion of Ponyville before Discord spoke up.

It was the first thing Discord had said for a long while, he was the first to talk after witnessing the battle. When he had told the three about the nightly invasion, and how the village fell in under an hour’s time without a scream or call for help, Celestia and Shining found it difficult to hold back their seething anger. Luna, however, was unfazed from this information. She didn’t mean to be, though she thought about how the others had forgotten about Zachary and his (hopefully) soon return. Her mind was calm and collected; she could sense a power rising in the air. As faint as a cat’s footfall–it was subtle, yet terrifyingly powerful. She knew that not many things with magical capabilities with that magnitude was still left in Arteria. She knew for certain Zack was coming, but how long must they wait, she wondered. It seemed strange to her that she was the only one to sense such a power, but maybe that was because of the bond the two shared, or something much more. Discord noticed Luna being ever so tranquil compared to the others, this displeased him that his words had no ill effect on her conscious.

“Luna,” he said in a slithering, deep tone. Her eyes looked over into his when her name was called. He continued, “Are you not mad that your precious Elements of Harmony have been captured? There is no hope of turning me to stone now, is it? Doesn’t that infuriate you,” he ended in a toothy smile.

“You’re weak, Discord. Can you not sense that the Elements were broken before the Changelings took control of Ponyville?” His yellowed eyes blinked in disbelief as he stopped for a moment to concentrate on their powers solely. He meet eye contact with her again after realizing that she wasn’t lying, but his eyes showed no care in the matter.

“Like I care that The Element of Loyalty wasn’t in Ponyville. She was surely in Cloudsdale, and if not there, then where else? Isn’t that her hometown? Who cares if one Element is missing and runs off beyond my sight? You need the whole lot to take me down, which you don’t have anymore.” He turned away from her towards the window and continued, “Irony is quite cruel being that the Element of Loyalty wasn’t very loyal to her friends after all. So much for going down with the ship.” Luna took a few steps forward towards Discord’s throne; Celestia held out a hoof to stop her, but she disregarded her sister’s silent plea.

“Doesn’t it bother you,” she said with directness, “that you can’t even sense where this Element is? That something that holds so much withheld power can elude your gaze?”

He turned his head towards her with an irritated appearance and responded, “I can’t take note of every bird that flies over my head or every cloud that passes by. I may be the most powerful being on this planet now that Om is gone, but I am no god. Just a spirit in physical form.”

Luna kept pressing him with questions saying, “You were more powerful than this though. You are weakening. We can all feel it”

“I won’t lie to you, Luna. I am only slightly weaker than I was in my prime a thousand years ago.” He held out his appendages and said, “It’s this body. Held in a frame of time that withers it away. I cannot express my true power in such a form, I need something newer, something much younger, something more physically powerful.” He reached over to her and stroked her mane gently while whispering to himself, “Perhaps something in a darker coat...”

A bolt of ivory magic struck Discord’s paw as he yanked it away. Both him and Luna turned to see who shot at them. Celestia was the cause of the attack as her eyes illuminated in violent, magical energy while her horn glowed vibrantly yellow. Her brow slanted and her teeth bit down in nearly uncontrollable rage.

“You will not take my sister,” she glowered and spat.

Discord rolled his eyes and retorted, “Pa-lease, Celestia. Like I would do something like that. Now cheer up, buttercup.” After that remark, her anger was at its tipping point. At any moment, she could pounce on the draconequus and begin to tear him to pieces. Discord realized her anger was about to get the best of her, so he sat up from his chair and turned towards her.

“Face it,” he started in a dry manner, “you can’t kill me, I can’t kill you. And even though I told you my body was weakening, you know for a fact that I could still beat the both of you with my arms and legs tied behind my back. You would have to leave a smoldering crater where Equestria was to make a scratch on me. But please, fire away! I’ll even give you the first shot! But remember, you’ll be the one harming your precious pony-kind in the line of fire, not little ol’ me.”

“Discord,” a voice shouted from behind Celestia. The three spirits had almost forgotten about the unicorn in the corner of the room. The great Captain of the Guard crawled forward as the three watched and waited for what he had to say.

"Yes,” Discord droned in agonizing boredom, knowing that whatever he had to say would give Discord the opportunity to zap him into dust for the sole purpose of ridding him from his presence.

“Discord,” Shining Armor stated again, “why haven’t you killed us all yet? What is your purpose for taking control of the castle. I can understand why the Changelings are invading Equestria, but why are you?”

The draconequus smiled as he ambled over towards the stallion. Shining let out an unsuppressed peep of horror as his eyes grew with fear, knowing that he was about to get what was coming to him. As Discord stopped in front of him–greatly towering over the already large stallion–he bent over and patted him on the head.

“You didn’t ask such a stupid question after all,” Discord softly congratulated. “That is why you get to live... for a few more minutes.” After hearing that, Shining gave a look of pure horror while shaking like a leaf.

The draconequus explained himself, “I do this to tie up some loose ends and to finish the job I came here so long ago for. I have waited and plotted for far too long, letting you ponies multiply and spread across the lands. I watched from a stone prison as the world spun ever on, listening and thinking and fuming. But why I’m here now is the question you asked, so here is my answer:” He turned to the alicorns and let out a roar, “Where is the Master of the Prevailer? Where does the fool think he can hide?”

Ah-ha,” Luna chuckled, “So you are troubled after all.” His eyes now locked onto the Princess of the Night and almost immediately his temper subsided. He gave a playful grin and comically slapped his forehead with the palm of his lion paw as if he had forgotten something.

“Oh, silly me! Why didn’t I think of it before,” he averred while slipping over to her and coming into close proximity with the mare. He smirked with eager, newfound knowledge just waiting to be released aloud. “I should have asked you first, Luna my dear. Word is, you were very familiar with the Spirit Killer–or should I say–its Master. In fact, you two were... very close from what I recall.”

“What are you babbling about,” Luna demanded.

“A thousand years must be a long time for you to remember back, so let me refresh your memory. The last Master, she was quite lovely, wasn’t she? She was your personal Protégé, no? Celestia had her own line of Protégé, and you had your one and only. You were called by a different name then; however I’m quite attached to your nickname Luna though, but I remember for a while there you went only by your true title, Princess Selene. And your own Protégé, she was so very close to you, much more so than any other Protégé Celestia has ever had. In fact, wasn’t she your... surrogate daughter?” He watched Luna’s emotions begin to slowly envelop her as he tapped his claws together.

Discord continued saying, ”She was given to you at infancy by some others as patronage from what I’ve heard. At first, you were against raising such a child, but soon you warmed up to it and took the pony in as your own. And it just so happens that this mare became not only the new Master of the Prevailer, but the only heir to the throne.” Luna’s eyes began to water as her face reddened with distant and nearly forgotten memories of old. Discord only beamed a smile of accomplishment at how he was able to affect his favorite alicorn Princess.

“Yes, I know you know of the Prevailer and its previous Master. I know that horrible fate that fell upon her. And I know you know of the new Master and where he is at this very moment.”

“Now...” he said while taking his hand under Luna’s jaw and redirecting her face to look into his. “You will tell me where he is so that I may give him a fate much similar to what Moonsinger was given. I may not do exactly what Tirek had done to her so elegantly, but I’ll try my best, just for you, my sweet.”

A distant commotion could be heard through the walls growing louder by the second. A deep and quick thumping noise pounded in their ears as everyone in the throne room’s attention was diverted towards the increasing sounds. Discord looked away from Luna and towards the overarching window before them that overlooked the valleys below. The night skies were churning a terrible storm above them as the wind howled across the ivory cityscape. Piercing through the clouds was the red moon–its rays washed over the chamber’s windows and flooded inwards over the four. This was not the reason of the coming noise, but the sight of it set the mood for what was to come.

The noise became clear when it flew into sight before the audience in the throne room. A large airship with a golden trim and hull painted in a crisp white floated upward with the aid of a massive, purple balloon. Ponies of all sorts scrambled over the deck, pulling and tightening different lines to make sure the ship would stay afloat in front of the chamber window. The vessel was steered towards the archways facing directly at Discord, its ramming spear on the bow was aimed for the draconequus. Discord released Luna from his grasp as he turned to face the threat giving way to a bellowing fit of laughter.

“Is this it? Do you seriously believe this will be my demise,” He joked towards the airship, yet speaking to Celestia. He rose his arms in a taunting manner and gave an even more hearty laugh at the feeble attempt of attack by Canterlot’s finest. Luna stepped back towards the Celestia and Shining Armor silently as the three began to huddle together in a tight group.

The airship began to turn port-side while revealing its five deck lines of windows. Each window on the every deck began to open upward and reveal a cannon in each hole. Fifteen cannons on each deck were pointed at the draconequus, seventy-five in all when every portal was opened. Discord began wiping tears of laughter from his eye as he conjured a bullseye on his chest in a sweeping motion with his right arm.

“You may fire when ready,” he scoffed at the airship.

Discord eye’s widened as he began to feel a hot and concentrated object begin to pierce his backside. The painful blast shot through his body and came out the other side where his heart was. It was a white, blazing beam of magical energy produced by Celestia herself. The strike took the draconequus off of his feet and made him fall towards the floor. In the same moment, Luna had cloaked the three in a large veil of starry shadows that took them and whisked them out of the room. When the ship’s captain saw that his target was injured, he then opened fire.

Spurts and blasts of gunpowder and smoke tore into the air. Massive led balls began decimating the chamber in a violent and effective bombardment. The mass destruction completely obliterated the once delicate and beautiful throne room as the cannon balls pierced through nearly every pillar and wall. Tiles, glass and plaster flew wildly through the air as dust and smoke masked the damage Discord had taken. As the pillars fell, so did the roof of that single chamber and along with the destruction from the cannon fire, the plummeting roof finished the job that Canterlot Air Fleet had intended. As all this had happened, the Royal Guards behind the once locked chamber doors held themselves back away from the door and had fallen to their haunches from the immense quakes the assault brought with it. A gaping hole now presented itself in the side of Canterlot Castle. Water and sewage poured out from the cliff side as well as shattered crystal from the underground caverns that the mountain below the citadel bore. Smoke from the destruction and bombardment blanketed the scene of previous action and they had to wait to see if Discord had really been defeated.

As the castle fell quiet once again, the Royal Guards noticed that the foreign magic that locked the chamber doors had faded. One of the guards cautiously crept towards the doorway and lightly pushed it ajar. As it fully opened, revealing the debris-laden chamber, the hinge on the door broke free as the large gateway fell flat before them. One by one, Royal Guards entered into the Throne Room with their spears pointed forward. The chamber’s appearance resembled nothing like the previous room they were trying to break into. It was as if a tornado had riddled and torn away the side of the castle. Floors above and around the castle were now visible in the open air around the chamber. If anything, they believed they could salvage this area of the castle as a new and grand patio to have the Grand Galloping Gala on after all this.

The guards began to circle around the largest pile of debris near the center of the room. Under the mass mound of broken pillars, metal and plaster had to lay Discord’s corpse, and soon the Royal Guards began digging away. Most set aside their spears to begin searching for body, using their hooves to scoop and drag bits and pieces from the heap. Others were still took delicate heed of the situation with their spears still pointed towards the pile. They were never too careful and had thought about the possibilities of this foe surviving such a fierce attack.

Suddenly, the mound of rubble erupted and spat out a being before them. The blast scattered chucks of wreckage to and fro, hitting and scraping the stallion soliders. Through the thick haze, a shadowed being floated before them breathing heavily and looking maliciously before the Royal Guards. The black silhouette of Discord assured the other guards he was well alive as they quickly rearmed themselves and prepared to defend the city. The airship behind Discord began to pivot towards the starboard-side now, arming their cannons for another shelling.

The demented draconequus raised his fist in front of him as it glowed vibrantly yellow–as did his blazing eyes. The armor that adorned the Royal Guards began to crinkle and crush the bodies that wore them. The stallions screamed out in agony as they fell forwards and writhed in pain. A few others who fought through the torment threw their spears towards their enemy, but Discord was too powerful for them. He opened his hand forwards towards the oncoming projectiles and as they flew they dissolved into flakes of yellow ash and spark. He balled his fist again and crushed their helmets to truly cease their attacks.

Discord turned towards the air vessel behind him as the ship was almost maneuvered into its offensive position. He rose his hands upwards like controlling a puppet and in jerking and twisting motions, he began violently manipulating the course of the ship. With a sharp heave, the airship was flung into the valley before him, crashing and colliding with the forest and lands below. It rolled over across the country side, leaving a large wake of decimated forest behind it. The gunpowder ignited in the ship and the vessel discharged a great ball of fire over the valley, scorching and setting the mountain side ablaze. Large flocks of birds darted over the valley as Discord released a long, pleasing sigh. He felt pleased with his work, thinking of himself as an artist who paints the mountains in flames and will soon color the city in blood.

The forest fires over the mountain ranges before the city veiled the ivory town in a maroon haze. Above the capital flew a brigade of airships which had a full view of the action that had recently happened. On the main warship, a stern looking stallion with a short, silver beard shuddered at the destruction below. His dark-green hooves could no longer hold the telescope he peered from and he soon had to move away from the deck. Behind him, a misty blanket of shadows formed and from it was uncloaked Celestia, Shining Armor and Luna. He looked back at them with a somber look, but soon tried to hide his dismay with a warm smile. It was the least he could do to try and show them they hadn’t lost the battle yet.

He chirped up saying, “Welcome aboard the Wind Fish, my Ladies and Captain.” Celestia hastily stepped forward past the Captain to look over the bow of the vessel as Luna slowly approached the Captain.

“Thank you, Royal Captain Neighmo. But now is not that time for chat.”

“I agree,” he replied with a colder tune. The two walked together over towards Celestia as Shining tried to hold himself against the railing of the ship. By the looks of Shining Armor’s ill condition, it seemed traveling by Luna’s shadows takes some getting use to. As the two approached Celestia while she looked over the edge of the airship, she growled in disappointment upon seeing the destruction Discord had already caused.

“I thought we would have more time to plan after an attack like that,“ Celestia choked in anger.

Luna acknowledged, “It seems we have underestimated Alwaid yet again, Sister.”

Neighmo spoke forth between the two saying, “If my words could be of assurance–my Monarchs–I did everything that you ordered. Once I received your telepathic message, Celestia, I ordered the Guards to evacuate the city and lead them towards Manehatten. By this time, nearly every pony should be out of harms way. The city is practically emptied, or so I pray.”

Celestia turned towards Neighmo and breathed a sigh of relief, “Thank goodness. We can always count on you, Neighmo.”

“Bless you, Ma’am.”

Luna diverted the conversation and asked her sister coolly, “What do we do now? How will we stop him?”

“You know we can’t, Luna. That’s Zack’s job. We must hold him off for as long as we can and keep him in the city.

“Sister, I hope you realize we’re bound to the physical properties of unicorn magic unlike him, and thus we can’t kill him, but he can kill us. He was wrong and had forgotten about our forms when he said we couldn’t die as well. What you’re asking is–” Luna silenced herself as Celestia looked over towards her with a somber look in her face.

“I know,” she faltered in return. “Equestria’s fate rides on Zachary’s shoulders. We must do our part if we wish to succeed.”

A sudden crash and torrent of shouting filled the high air as everyone on the leading war vessel turned their gaze towards the following fleet. A distant airship swayed greatly through the air as magical eruptions and blasts lit the deck of the ship. Something aboard exploded below deck and the cruiser was sent falling in a billow of emerald and ruby flames. From it, something quickly hopped from it onto another ship nearby and in a few moments performed the same thing.

“Discord,” Luna cried. “He’s searching for us!”

Neighmo wasted no time and hollered out into the air, “Evasive maneuvers! Evasive maneuvers!”

Each of the airships began to scatter apart from one another, tilting their vessels aggressively away from each other. Discord flew up from the fiery aircraft and hovered silently in the air overlooking the disbanding fleet. He spotted the leading cruiser marked by unique war stripes across its hull and balloon and darted towards it. Near instantaneously, he landed on the ship’s deck as the four turned in terror at his sight. The crew froze still in panic as the Captain sputtered in a speechless slur. Discord never moved from his spot where he landed, though he kept keen eye contact on the two Princesses before him. His frigid expression remained emotionless unlike before; not showing any mad or psychotic giddiness, but only silence.

He rose a talon up to his face and waved it back and forth saying, “No one... runs away from me, girls. You think you can run away from a fight you started? That will cost you dearly.”

He rose his hand over the railing of the ship with his palm facing downwards below the city. Below the vessel and in the city arose a great wall of fire that stretched above the buildings itself. Large fires formed all across the city, searing everything they touched. When Discord finished, he removed his hand and brought it back to his side. The starstruck shipmates and allies overlooked the carnage of what Discord had just preformed to their home. From above, he had created blazing infernos in the shapes of the Elements of Harmony that fell over nearly every corner of the city.

Celestia burst forward with the aid of her wings and magic to make her swifter. She unleashed her fury and blazed in a streak of magnificent light. Her unicorn horn met with Discord’s torso as she stabbed him and took him overboard. Luna flew after her as Shining and Neighmo peered over the edge of the Wind Fish to watch the fight commence. As the two descended, Celestia pulled her alicorn horn out of Discord’s chest and flung him into the flames below. Luna followed her sister’s attack and emitted a powerful, white crescent-shaped magical energy that sailed and expanded through the smokey air below. As the magic came into contact with where Discord had fallen, it detonated with ground and from it poured forth a veil of night sky that washed over the area and sapped the energy from the fires below them. From the thick magic, spurted the draconequus who flew back upwards to greet them again with more ferocity.

He was cut short when a streak of fire like a shooting star intercepted his approach with the Princesses and left a burn mark that curved across his upper body. The fire was nothing like the destructive blaze he set forth through the city, but a magical fire which was emitted from a source much different from the alicorn sisters. He stopped when he realized this and saw the streak dart back and bend above him in the air to make a second attack. Philomena–Celestia’s phoenix–had come to aid the Princesses in battle. Discord turned and boiled with rage, thinking of how something so fragile could harm him. As the mythical bird approached for a second assault, he leaned away from the attack and drug his claws through the bird as it passed. Philomena’s fire gave out as it lifelessly plummeted out of the sky. Discord turned and raised his paw towards the small target and unleashed a blinding blast of golden, cylindrical energy that penetrated the animal. In a wailing cry, Philomena was reduced to ashes; but Discord knew of the bird’s immortal properties, so he increased his output of energy and erased the bird from existence by turning it into atoms.

When he had finished, he was met by an array of narrow beams of magic that caught him off guard. Celestia began shooting off bullets of energy that pierced Discord over and over again. After a numerous volley of attacks, Celestia gave forth a great ball of energy in the shape of the sun that resembled the one on her cutie mark. The missile sliced through the air and knocked Discord back into the inferno. Thick, black smoke rose from the impact as flames came over and consumed his body. Celestia wasn’t finished with her attack as she once again released a multitude of twisting blasts into the area he fell. The white beams of light intertwined with one another as they rained down over Discord, causing countless blasts and shock waves over the area.

The fleet of airships had been witnessing this all take place and came to aid the sisters in battle. Several massive warships started to encircle the area, following one another and slanting their hulls so that their cannon fire was aimed at Discord. They each began to relentlessly shell the area, taking out buildings and flattening the city. Along with this, Celestia continued her assault while Luna prepared her attack. As soon as the ships had depleted their ammunition supplies and flew away from the fight, Luna rose her body above everyone else and held her hooves high, forming a massive sphere of dark energy. The sphere grew larger than any of the airships and took the form of a moon blanketed in shadow. When she was ready, she threw the ball into Discord’s location, which discharged a great pillar of spastic energy. The blast filled the air and darkened the world around them as it blew away the flames from the ground and eradicated any buildings left standing. This all took place in no less than five minutes, and to the them, it was a glorious five minutes.

An unnatural silence fell over the city as the smoke began to clear and the world began to lighten up once again. A thick and inky haze lay low across the now flattened mountain city, making it difficult to tell if they had stopped Discord. The sisters still flapped silently above their city, overlooking their combined destruction and emitting heavy breaths. They had nearly depleted their magical energy from the fight, though they could not sense their opponents energy either.

Luna heaved, “Did... did we win? I cannot sense his presence, sister.”

“...I’m not sure. But it seems... it seems we have done so. It is finished.”

Celestia turned to smile at her weary sister, but her smile was halted by what she had seen. Behind her sister silently floated Discord near inches away from the happy Luna without her knowing. Luna turned towards her sister and gave a light, victorious laugh. Celestia screamed in terror as Luna drastically turned to confront their enemy once again; but before she could react, Discord had grabbed Luna by the tail, swung her about and flung her into the ruin of Canterlot. A great cloud of ash and earth flew up into the sky where she had landed as her body was swallowed into the mountain.

Celestia tried to strike before he could, but Discord was faster. He swiped his claws across her face multiple times, and in each nail of his claws he merged his raw magical power, giving him a much more substantial effect with every tear. As he stopped, Celestia pulled up her blood soaked and tattered face to try and attempted to skewer him with her horn again. Discord parried her attack and immediately rammed his elbow into the back of her neck. She spat forth blood as the air in her lungs forcefully exited out. He then placed his hand on her back and let forth a mighty blast of chaotic magic, which sent her into the ground below. As her body bounced back upward from hitting the hard stone pathway which was once the main street, Discord met her in the city and let loose another blast of magic which sent her flying across Canterlot’s ruins. Her body flailed and sputtered over the land while sailing through the stone buildings, which slowed her great speed down with every impact. Finally, her broken form came to rest in a heap of an old school building and a cloud of dust that had followed her caught up to encompass the area.

Her body was devastated and she could hardly move. She began to fear for the worst as Discord’s shadow fell upon her. She blinked a few times to remove the blur in her vision which revealed the draconequus above her, still retaining that cold and murderous look he had on the Wind Fish.

She licked the blood from her lips as she spat and stammered out the word, “...A-al...w-waid-d... Al...waid....”.

“Stay here, Celestia. It will only make matters worse if you try and run again.”

Discord watched her as he flew off above the city and towards the still standing Canterlot Castle. He floated to the top of the castle to where the large, ornamental spire rod was. He gripped his paw around the base and broke it off, wielding it like a weapon. He flew back down to where Celestia was and ambled over to her location with the massive, gold spear in his hand. Without saying a word, he bent over and rolled her body forward so that her barrel was facing him. He then took a single claw, placed it on the top-left portion of her chest and drug it down across her body in a slant. Blood spilled out as she gritted her teeth in despair and moaned in agony. He released his claw and did this again to the other side of her chest, making a large, red ‘X’ across her body. Discord slowly flew upward facing away from her and from a few meters above her he turned back to face her once more. His face appeared reddened with tears as he looked over her shaking his head.

He began to sob, “We we’re meant for each other. This wasn't suppose to happen. You loved me and I loved you, we three were going to rule together. I loved you both so much, especially you my dear, sweet Celestia.”

He sniffed and looked over his newly fashioned weapon saying, “But in the future, I will make it my goal that everything is just and right in my new world. That everyone gets a fair chance, that love is true and pure, and that lovers will follow each other till the end. Why have you let so much pain and suffering in the world blossom, Celestia? You ruled for thousands of years... and did nothing, and it sickens me because I know you’re better. You could have made everyone love you, you could have had peace.”

She replied back with ebbing strength in her tone, “I... I gave them... free will... The choice to do... what is right...” Discord’s eyes lit with anger once again as tears blurred his vision.

“Freedom,” he seethed in return, “is weakness.” He moved the large spear towards the mark on Celestia’s chest and continued in a fainter voice, “Supremacy... is strength. Supremacy is harmony, freedom is chaos. And now... now you must die... in order to bring forth a new age of prosperity, peace and justice. I am sorry, my love.”

(End of Part 2)