• Published 19th Apr 2023
  • 4,025 Views, 371 Comments

Spike's Kingdom - Guardian Dragon



Spike decides to start anew with the Dragons with all that he learnt about Friendship.

  • ...
12
 371
 4,025

Morning: Part 2

While Princess Celestia and Luna spoke privately, Discord watched his friends, Twilight Sparkle and Rarity, leave the guest room; they wanted to head back to Ponyville and alarm their friends about Spike's inconvenience. Discord feels insecure about Twilight's mentality when she explains Spike's motives and proclamation about maintaining his role as Dragon Lord; he is hopeful that Fluttershy could straighten the barriers of belief.

Discord fears Twilight and Rarity may allow their emotions to corrupt their judgment of Spike's decision, convincing the others to guilt-trip his reign about leaving his friends in Equestria behind. When he's through speaking with Celestia, Discord will monitor Twilight and Rarity's progress before returning to the Dragon Lands and understand the value of being an Ambassador for Dragons.

Discord hears loud wails from the meeting room; he pretends to be oblivious about the discussion in the conference meeting; after all, anything related to Dragon Lord Spike is of utmost importance to him. The Dragon Egg raiding intrigues Discord, and he wants to find out how Celestia's school received Spike's Dragon Egg and all other eggs for the entry exams for young Unicorns.

"Forgive me for intruding on your conversation; I must know all about the current conditions of Dragon Lord Spike; also, as King, I suspect him of hiding crucial evidence away from certain creatures untrusted." Discord thought to himself; he watched Princess Luna leave the room with certainty about her sister. "Whoever devised that raiding is clever to create an unfortunate scenario that'll draw interest, leading Princess Celestia to take the fall."

Discord enters the room and sees Princess Celestia's eyes red a little due to her crying; the logic of accusation got the better of Celestia, especially her love for all creation. "Celestia..?" Discord pretends to be keen on Celestia's stability after her conversation with Luna.

"Let's talk, Discord," Princess Celestia desires the meeting with Discord to swiftly conclude so she can scrutinize the documents of her school concerning the expedition.

"Celestia, I'm here to announce my citizenship in Equestria and the line of obligation you immerse me into."

Princess Celestia is perplexed about the topic of discussion regarding Discord's establishment in Equestria. "What's on your mind, Discord?"

"Well, Celestia," Discord chuckles; he imagines Princess Celestia's reaction when he declares his new role with Dragon Lord Spike. "I will no longer be a servitude to your rationales, Celestia."

"What?!" Princess Celestia's eyes broadened in shock, with her mouth dropped. She believes Discord may go astray with his Chaos Magic roaming freely without any bounds or consequences.

Discord takes a snapshot of his album; he inserts the perfect picture on page three, next to Fluttershy and him having tea for the second time.

"Discord, I need you-" Discord interrupts Celestia's speech.

"Celestia, all you have me do is clean up messes ever since I reverted when I teamed up with Lord Tirek; you haven't assigned me to other jobs, you gave those to Twilight and her friends, and I'm wasting away when you promised me more opportunities to utilize my Chaos Magic. However, I will become something better with my title as the Lord of Chaos. With that said, I'm not a resident of Equestria, and you have no authority over what I do."

"What purpose do you hold since relinquishing your privilege to live in Equestria and work with me?"

"Dragon Lord Spike gave me the obligation to become the New Ambassador of Dragons," Discord smirks, relishing the moment.

Princess Celestia is silent and stunned to hear Discord's new position, especially working with the Dragons and Spike instead of her and the Equestrian Ponies. Princess Celestia fears that Discord would operate Spike like a puppet for his demented causes, exposing his Chaos Magic upon the Dragon Lands and bringing ruin since he'll be unsupervised.

"Amazing, I know," Discord takes another snapshot of Princess Celestia's stunned and terrified face. "With my prestigious title as Lord of Chaos, Spike is blessing me with many opportunities with any job he has in mind. Also, I'll know better about Dragons than any of you in a dozen lifetimes." Discord laughs in triumph. "On a serious note, Spike believes in me to help better than you, Ms.I-Hold-Grudges-And-Never-Let-Them-Go!" Discord accuses Celestia of being untrustworthy after his mistake.

Princess Celestia does hesitate on certain decisions with Discord due to his childlike chaotic demeanor. "Discord, you're unpredictable due to your nature; you have fallen out of grace for selfish desires; it takes time to rebuild that trust."

"You won't permit me to demonstrate myself as a deserving asset; I watch you write missives concerning jobs and dispatch them as duties for Twilight and her friends to accomplish, rejecting me to do nothing. Spike trusts me to execute certain purposes for the Dragons; I already see him as a better ruler for pardoning my transgressions when I helped Lord Tirek gain stronger to unleash his wrath."

"I understand..," Princess Celestia sighs deeply at her mistake; however, she still believes Discord would be a bad influence on Spike in granting him the role of Ambassador.

"Princess Celestia, before I take my leave, I have one comment that'll hinder your choices from now on," Discord grabs Celestia's attention with helpful wisdom down the road. Princess Celestia slowly nods, accepting the advice given by the Draqonecuus. "Be mindful with those closest to you; neglecting them may ascend them to darkness."

Princess Celestia is unsure about the wisdom emitted from Discord's mouth; she doesn't remember ignoring any pony close to her; she loves all her subjects and would fight till her final breath for them. "Thanks, Discord," Princess Celestia graciously accepts the riddle even though she recollected no memory of ignorance except for Luna when she became Nightmare Moon.

"You're welcome, Princess. Oh, and please, have a good day," Discord walks to a window and opens it; he snaps his lion's paw and turns to leafs, riding with the winds.

Princess Celestia leaves the room and trots down the corridors, pondering what Discord had said and the Dragon Egg raid; she sees Raven Inkwell and officially declares to postpone all appointing schedules until further notice. Celestia wants to help her sister answer many questions about her school's Dragon Egg collection.