• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 5,723 Views, 97 Comments

Ballad of Big Mac - Prisoner 24601

  • ...
38
 97
 5,723

Prologue: The Sleepover

Applejack and Rarity had met up at her butique. Usually, the two mares couldn't stand each other on account of their opposite personalities, but once every week, the mares agreed to tolerate each other for Twilight. Those days were the days of Twilight's weekly slumber party. Today, when they met up around three in the afternoon, they went straight to Twilights library. Applejack knocked on the door with her leg while Rarity shine her hooves clean of dirt. Spike answered the door, and was confronted by the two.

He exitedly said, "Oh, hey Applejack! Hey, Rari ... Rari ... Twilight!" He called over his shoulder, too nervous to address Rarity. This brought slight laughter from the two mares, and as Twilight came down the stair, Spike was dismissed.

After she and Rarity were invited in, Applejack made sure Spike had left earshot, and said, "heh. That little fella. Quite a nervous little one, ain't he?" Then she looked at Rarity. Everypony-even Rarity- knew that Spike had a huge adoration for the platinum mare.

Rarity just shrugged the comment aside nervously, and said, "He's probably just a bit shy around me because he knows I don't like getting grease and dirt in my beautiful mane and coat. I'm sure it's not...that." She ended with a tone of almost disgust. She didn't want to be associated with rumor passing of Spike-it was too unladylike-even though she knew his lust to be true. She simply pretended as if she knew nothing to keep Spike's good image afloat.

Twilight led the girls upstairs to her bedroom. She sat herself down on her own bed, and Applejack and Rarity took the guest bed across from it. Twilight opened her end table, and pulled out three sheets of paper. She held onto one, and handed the other two to Applejack and Rarity. "Now," she began, "Let's go over the agenda."

Agendas were just common procedure with the violet mare. Everything needed to be scheluded, planned, and carefully organised. These agendas were nothing new to the slumber parties, and Applejack and Rarity followed along as Twilight read from her own. "Number one." she began "We will have the pre-party pillow fight. Number two, simple games will be played, including, but not limited to, Truth or Dare, makeovers, tic-tac-toe, etc. Number three, the preparation of smor'z downstairs, and finally, Number four, a finale to the pre-party pillow fight, the post-party pillow fight will follow the rules of Pillowarfare. Numer five, we sleep the rest of the short night and dawn. Everypony clear?"

Applejack and Rarity both nodded their heads in understanding, and gave the sheets back to Twilight. They always looked forward to number four, as it was the only time violence was permitted between the two. But first, the pre-party pillow fight. Twilight charged downstairs, and opened the closet. Instantly, a mountain of pillows came toppling down onto the pony, who popped her head out the top. She gave the other two 15 pillows each, leaving 20 for herself, and gave them ten minutes to secure a fort.

AJ leaped over to the window, put a pillow down, and stuck her hoof on top of it to represent it as being her area. Rarity chose the center of the stairs as her property. Then Twilight went over the rules again: three lives for each pony, one pillow equals one life, and a maximum of five pillows can be bought at a time from the store. All three ponies set up their forts of fiteen, and were given an arsenal of 20 pillows each.

Then, Twilight shouted, "FIGHT!" and it was on. Immediately, Rarity's fort was bombarded by pillows of both Twilight's and Applejacks, but she returned fire to the purple unicorn. AJ joined her, and sent pillows over the balcony blindly, hoping for them to hit Twilight. Then, Rarity's fires began dimming, and she said, "Twilight, I need an order of 10 pillows."

Twilight levitated these to her, and instead of going back her way, they flew upstairs, straight into Applejack's fort! She was renovating, and improving the defences when a stream of pillows shot at her, demolishing her foundation, and taking away two lives. Applejack said, "I've got one life left!" to confirm the toll. Then, both mares fired pillow after pillow at her, until she started fighting back. She bucked a pillow or two in Twilight's direction, then a whole flurry at Rarity. Both mares recieved one hit, and finally, a pillow sent by Rarity connected with AJ's ribcage, forcing her to give out a sign. "Time!" she shouted, and Twlight replied with her time: 2:54, a new low. Applejack wasn't in the game that day, probably because of her renovations.

Then Applejack watched for ten minutes as pillow flew from the fort on the stairs to the forst by the closet, and visa versa. And finally, to finish the game, Twilight struck the most important broomstick mast in Rarity's fort, and it all collapsed on her, leaving her vulnerable to at least twenty more shots. She shouted through impacts, "Time!" and Twilight stopped, and gave her her time: 13:34, a new record! They celebrated as Twilight still took the top of the leaderboard for the first time, with a time of 13:35. Then, they cleaned the pillows, and retired upstairs to play games.

The first one to play was Tic-tac-toe, which through the championship, Rarity was the winner. Then, they played Truth or Dare.

Twilight went first, requesting a 'Truth'. Applejack and Rarity thought it over, and decided on one thing. AJ asked, "What was yer life like, livin in Canterlot?"

A mediocre question, but neither of the friends could come up with anything better. Twilight's answer was long winded and over explanitory, and took well over fifteen minutes to tell, but whe it was all over, it had given Applejack time to think of something good for Rarity.

Rarity chose 'Dare', much to Applejack's delight. She told her plan over to Twilight, and both ponies giggled, then Twilight said, "Applejack and I dare you to go downstairs, and give Spike a long kiss, full on the lips." The two ponies broke into laughter as Rarity's cheeks became a color brighter than rose. She accepted, walked downstairs, and past the closed door. Even though they couldn't hear the kiss itself, they knew she had done it when Spike's shouts of delight reached them even upstairs. They were louder when Rarity opened the door to come back, but when she closed it, the dragon's squels were still very audible.

They rested again, and Applejack requested a 'Truth'. Being the element of honesty, she felt truth suited her more than a dare would. Twilight ad Rarity discussed, and came up with the question Applejack prayed they wouldn't. Rarity asked, "Tell us the story about Big Macintosh."

AJ gulped as she explained the heart-wrenching, barely believeable, soul touching ballad of Big Macintosh.