• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 5,721 Views, 97 Comments

Ballad of Big Mac - Prisoner 24601

  • ...
38
 97
 5,721

Chapter 2: Mac Toshworth

It's a hassal writing in AJ's dialect, so I'll just write this as if
I'm Applejack, and you-the audiance- can represent Twilight and Rarity.
Here goes...

Big macintosh was once something very different from a pony. He actually started his journey as a human. He awoke one morning to the TV on downstairs in his apartment. He went there to see his 18 year old son sitting in front of the television, watching something he couldn't make out. All he knew was that it involved a lot of colors, mostly consisting of pink. As he rubbed his eyes to focus, he saw that this TV show was about brightly colored horses. His son had no idea he was there.

"Jacob?" Big Mac said. In this time before he was a pony, his name was just Mac. "What are you watching?"

Mac's son, Jacob, jumped from his seat. He was what you'd expect of an urban teen living in New York City: Leather jacket, aviators, body piercings, bright blue mohawk, etc. etc. He was probably the least likely of anyone to be watching a show about... Mac didn't even know! He studdered for a bit, then said, "D-dad, don't get mad at me... It was My Little Pony..."

Mac couldn't be angry at a time like this. All emotions turned to hysteria as an endless plain of laughter washed over him. He focused his eyes on the screen again, trying with all his willpower to hold back another surge of guffaws. He studied the ponies. There was an orange one, and a purple one... and a crowd of other ponies around what appeared to be a gazebo.

He stood there and watched for a few minutes, until Jacob said, "Dad... just give them a chance. I swear you'll like the show as long as you give it a chance..." He seemed hopeful that his dad would become a fan. That would mean he had no chance of enbarrasment unless Mac got some, too.

Mac just stood there, then he looked at Jacob. He thought for a while while he stared into his son's eyes, then said, "Alright. Show me the first episode, and we can work our way up from there."

You might be thinking, 'well that was an easy descision on Mac's part. Ahaw. This story jumps to comlusions and has no real filling. Ahaw.' But put those suspiscions to rest, because this actually was an easy descision. He didn't know why, but there was something illustrious and alluring about the show to Mac.

Anyway, Jacob did show his dad the first episode of season one, and the next, and the next, until Mac decided he needed some sleep, halfway through 'Party of One'. He didn't want to leave the show as it was, but he did need some sleep. SO, considering that the next day, when Jacob is at school, his wife is at work, and Mac had the day off, he decided to watch the rest of season one and season two.

He was obsessed. He wrote Fanfiction on FIMfiction.net, he drew and painted on deviantart.com, and he even created custom shirts and hats online! Yet, throughout all of it, nobody in his family (besides Jacob, of course) knew. He liked it that way. But after he had had his fill of the work that comes with being a brony, he retired into just reading endless fics and endless EQD posts. He had found the goldmine to life.

Comments ( 26 )

Shutup, I know it's short, but the next big thing deserves its own chapter, and I don't know how to fill this one.

again, shutup.

cpomes

Might wanna fix that, buddy

Still like it. I'm interested in "how i became a brony" fics... :rainbowwild: :pinkiehappy:

I like the way the story is going, and I hope that it stays this good, because it would be a shame if it wasn't as good twenty chapters in as it was three chapters in. It would make me cry like this :raritycry: Don't make me cry like that.

My word...

Big Mac was a human?

(how's this for my Rarity impression?)

1401990
*chuckling*
I like your humor, sir.

OMG this is HILARIOUS!!!!! But Big Macintosh should have been on screen when he walked in.:ajbemused: I am disappointed you ignored that Timey Wimey irony.:ajsleepy:

1402016
Thank you, dear.

(still being Rarity lol)

1402021
oh, no no no no no.
That is directly against my big twist at the end, that now that I am saying this to you, has probably become painstakingly obvious to everybody reading the story.

EEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH!?

1402356
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!? :pinkiehappy:

You might want to get an editor dude, almost 3/4 of this chapter was covered in grammar, spelling and continuity errors :trixieshiftright:

1405165
Yeah, but three fourths of this chapter is, like, two paragraphs. Keep that in mind.

how I became a brony? well, you can only ignore bus-ride singalongs for so long...

1405929
true, but with that attitude i don't think this fic will go anywhere

1405929 Which doesn't help you case, sine that means it would be easier to catch all the mistakes.

1406224
That's what I'm saying. It's easy to see all the mistakes because its so short. However, in longer chapters, such as ALL THE REST OF THEM ARE GOING TO BE, they will be harder to pick out.

1408821 The thing is, in the longer chapters, there will be more errors. It's not like some mystical force is out there that says, ok this author is going to have 20 mistakes per chapter or something.

1408958 Shutup and let the man write as he wants to. He's a grow up and can make his own decisions.

Big Mac as a brony? Interesting. Plus he actually watched himself unless he's watching Generation 3?... :trixieshiftright:

1480451
don't worry . . .
. . . soon everything will be fixed. :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

THAT IS SCIENTIFICLY IMPOSSIBLE (My twilight impression) HUMANS NEVER EXSISTED :twilightoops:

Login or register to comment