• Published 10th Feb 2023
  • 953 Views, 19 Comments

Princess Luna’s Anthology of Final Wishes - Drunk Luna



Princess Luna has the most difficult, most sacred duty imaginable. These are the stories of the ponies she has guided and comforted when they needed her most.

  • ...
3
 19
 953

Muffin

Luna swallowed the boulder in her throat as she entered Ponyville Hospital. She hated this place with a passion. Her heart only broke more when she saw the crib surrounded by monitors in the room she was to enter. She looked down into the crib at Muffin, the tiny light brown two-year-old Earth pony, who was hooked up to countless machines. Bruises covered the filly's entire body, and Luna could tell that Muffin was exhausted from fighting; her hour was at hand.

With a heartbroken sigh, Luna entered the dream realm. The little foal sat on her haunches, physically healed but crying in fear and confusion. Luna scooped Muffin up into her hooves, forcing herself to stay cheerful so that the foal would not be afraid.

"Hello there, darling," Luna said, kissing Muffin's forehead and booping the filly's nose. "Sssshhh, there's no need to cry. Mommy is here now. You're safe." Muffin stopped crying and tilted her head inquisitively, now magically seeing Luna as her mother--her final mother, the only real mother she'd ever had. She wiggled a little and grunted, relieving herself in her already-full diaper. Luna giggled, wrinkling her nose.

"Does my little Muffin need a change?" she cooed, kissing the filly's tummy. Her heart broke as she changed the foal's diaper and cleaned her up, knowing that Muffin had sometimes had to sit in her own excrement for hours before finally being changed. As a mother to two daughters who were now adults with foals of their own, Luna was unable to fathom how any parent could knowingly neglect their foal's most basic needs. She thought of the many sleepless nights she had spent awake with Neoma and Cassiopeia, the thousands and thousands of dirty diapers, the midnight feedings, endlessly pacing around the nursery trying to get them back to sleep, and she knew she wouldn't have traded them for the world. The fact that any parent could leave their defenseless foal to suffer and die without a second thought made Luna want to vomit. Sighing, Luna changed Muffin into her angel gown.

Muffin waddled in a little circle, then lifted her front hooves.

"Mommy, uppie!" she squealed. Luna chuckled and lifted Muffin, cuddling the foal lovingly.

"Now," Luna said, "what does my little one want to do next?"

"I no want my other mommy and daddy hurt me again," Muffin said solemnly. "They hit me awe da time. I a bad filly." Her tone became sad, and Luna curled her body around the foal, giving her a gentle nuzzle.

"Muffin," Luna said, her voice serious, "you are not a bad filly. Your mommy and daddy were the bad ponies. A mommy or daddy should never, ever hurt their foal. This was not your fault, do you understand, sweetheart?" Muffin nodded, and Luna could tell that the little foal understood.

"Muffin, would you like some ice cream?" Luna asked.

"Ice cweam!" the filly cheered. "I wanna be a alicorn, too!" Luna smiled and gave Muffin her ice cream, then turned her into a princess. Muffin immediately took off, loving her new wings and horn. Luna escorted the filly through the gates, then headed back to the dream realm.