• Published 10th Feb 2023
  • 954 Views, 19 Comments

Princess Luna’s Anthology of Final Wishes - Drunk Luna



Princess Luna has the most difficult, most sacred duty imaginable. These are the stories of the ponies she has guided and comforted when they needed her most.

  • ...
3
 19
 954

Delphine and Moonchaser

Flames and flashing red lights illuminated the normally quiet road as firefighters rushed to rescue the two teenagers trapped in the burning, overturned car. Luna shook her head sadly and entered the dream realm, where the young couple clung to each other, crying.

"Weep not, dear ones," Luna told them gently. "You are safe."

"Princess Luna," the aquamarine filly said, breaking away from her boyfriend, "we've already decided what our wishes are. We know exactly what we want." The colt nodded in agreement.

"We want to get married," he said. "Before we leave this world for good, we want to be married." Luna nodded understandingly, turning to the filly, whose name was Delphine.

"Would you like a wedding dress, flowers, anything in particular?" Luna asked. Delphine shook her head.

"We don't want to waste any more time," the filly said. "We're both eighteen, and if we are going to die today, we want to die as husband and wife. Marry us now, please."

"Very well," Luna said with a nod. "Moonchaser, will you have this mare as your wedded wife, to live together after Our ordinance? Will you love her, comfort her, honor, and keep her in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, stay loyal only to her--" Luna bit back a sob, "--so long as you both shall live?"

"I will," Moonchaser replied without hesitation. Luna then turned to Delphine.

"Delphine," she said, "will you have this stallion as your wedded husband, to live together after Our ordinance? Will you love him, comfort him, honor, and keep him in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, stay loyal only to him, so long as you both shall live?"

"I will," Delphine answered immediately.

"Then by the power vested in me as co-ruler of Equestria, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Moonchaser dipped Delphine and kissed her softly, cupping her face in his hooves.

"Is there anything else you'd like?" Luna asked. Their surroundings began to lapse, and Moonchaser shook his head.

"You've given us everything we've ever wanted," he said. "I know you can't prolong our lives, so for us to be able to cross over to eternity together, as a married couple, means everything to both of us."

"It really does," Delphine agreed. "I can't tell you how special it is for you to do this for us. Thank you." The young couple looked at each other and exchanged a smile, then walked through the beautiful gates together. A little smile played at the corners of Luna's mouth as she turned and walked back to the main hall of the dream realm, preparing to assist more of her subjects.