• Published 10th Feb 2023
  • 954 Views, 19 Comments

Princess Luna’s Anthology of Final Wishes - Drunk Luna



Princess Luna has the most difficult, most sacred duty imaginable. These are the stories of the ponies she has guided and comforted when they needed her most.

  • ...
3
 19
 954

Honey Blossom

Luna sighed, her heart heavy as she landed in the drainage ditch and folded her wings. A young Earth pony mare named Honey Blossom, who was only nineteen, lay lifeless in the ditch, which was quickly filling with runoff from the recent rain. Her golden coat was streaked with mud, her flaxen mane and tail were matted, her chest boasted a fresh stab wound, and she coughed as her lungs began to fill with blood. Luna entered the dream realm, where the mare was looking around frantically, her body completely healed, her mint green eyes wild with fear.

"Princess Luna, why did Sabre do this?" Honey Blossom screamed. "Why did he hurt me? I thought he loved me. Why did he do this to me?" Luna released another sigh, shaking her head as she wrapped her wing comfortingly around Honey Blossom's shoulder and drew the mare close to her side.

"Honey Blossom," Luna said, "he did not love you. Ponies do not hurt ponies that they love. This... creature," she spat, her voice gravelly with disdain, "is a disgusting waste of oxygen. He stabbed you because he could not deal with rejection. He is a pathetic excuse for a pony, and I will make certain that he never hurts another pony again. Now," she said, softening her voice to a gentle, soothing tone, "do you know why I am here, sweet Honey Blossom?" She gently pushed a stray lock of mane out of the mare's face. Honey Blossom's eyes widened as she figured out what was happening to her, and she began to tremble.

"Princess Luna," she whispered, "am I... am I... dying?" The last word was barely audible. Luna sucked in a labored breath. Informing ponies about the reality of their situations was one of the hardest parts of her job. After a few seconds, the princess' eyes met Honey Blossom's stare, and Luna nodded wordlessly. Honey Blossom immediately began to fight, clinging desperately to her mortal coil. Luna pressed Honey Blossom against her side, calmly allowing herself to be kicked and bitten. She immensely respected these types of ponies, who fought like hell even when all hope was lost. Unfortunately, every single pony who reached Luna was doomed; Honey Blossom's fate had already been sealed. Her future had been stolen by a single blow from a hunting knife wielded by a pathetic, possessive stallion.

"Ssshhh, dear one," Luna cooed, holding the mare close, "you must not fight. Do not be afraid. I am here to make this transition as easy as possible for you, but in order for me to do that, you must trust me and cease your fighting. If you had even the slightest chance of survival, you would not be in my care right now. I promise you that I will not allow you to suffer; in fact, why don't you tell me three of your greatest wishes? I will do everything in my power to make them come true." She felt Honey Blossom's body beginning to relax as the Earth pony took a deep breath.

"Okay," Honey Blossom said, "please make sure my family can find me so that they can give me a proper funeral. Make sure my parents are taken care of, and... please give this to Sabre. Make sure he gets this. He deserves to suffer for what he's done." She opened a small bag and passed a neatly folded piece of paper to Luna, who nodded and stowed the note.

"It will be done," Luna promised. She escorted Honey Blossom to Heaven and kept the letter close to her, but she didn't give the note to the mare's murderer.

Always true to her word, Luna kept the letter, waiting until Sabre's trial for Honey Blossom's murder to read it in front of the court. She fixed her gaze on the killer for a few moments before she began to read:


Dear Sabre,

Please know that your happiness is the most important thing in the world to me, but now you have gone too far, and I must put my hoof down and insist that you stop harassing me. Your texts, calls, and letters are relentless. I have asked you multiple times to leave me alone, but now I must take action. Enclosed is a restraining order that I have just filed against you. If you approach me again, I will contact law enforcement. I never thought I would fear you, but I no longer have any idea who you are. I wish you the best, but if you attempt to contact me again, I will not hesitate to have you arrested.

Sincerely,

Honey Blossom


Sabre was dishonorably discharged from the army and sentenced to death, and his execution was carried out by Luna herself as Celestia and Honey Blossom's family looked on. A sigh of relief passed her lips as the criminal died; he, like every other criminal, would not see his final wishes granted. Instead, Luna thrust him into the billowing black smoke and massively tall flames of Hell, smirking as he was engulfed by eternal torment. Justice had been delivered. Honey Blossom would be remembered.