• Published 10th Feb 2023
  • 954 Views, 19 Comments

Princess Luna’s Anthology of Final Wishes - Drunk Luna



Princess Luna has the most difficult, most sacred duty imaginable. These are the stories of the ponies she has guided and comforted when they needed her most.

  • ...
3
 19
 954

Arabella

Author's Note:

TW: Implied child sexual assault

As she landed in the forest on the outskirts of Ponyville, Luna was greeted by a sight that nearly made her scream in anguish and horror: On the cold ground in the middle of the woods, a small light blue Pegasus filly with a light pink mane and tail, who looked to be no older than five or six, lay trembling and bleeding, the skirt of her pink, bloodstained dress pulled back. Luna saw a deep stab wound in the foal's stomach. Her underwear, also bloody, lay a few yards away. Both of the filly's wings had been broken by her assailant. Bile began to rise in Luna's throat as she slowly began to realize what had happened to this precious young one, and she was forced to resist the urge to take off after the foal's murderer; she would personally deal with him later. She began to feel even sicker when she realized that she had seen this filly's face all over the news for weeks. The princess didn't try to imagine what this little one had been through, as she was finding it hard enough to process the horrific scene before her. Luna sighed and tried not to cry as she forced herself to accept the horrible truth of the situation. She would lead law enforcement to the body later.

Luna hurried over to the filly's side and reminded herself that though she was a supremely powerful alicorn, she could not use any of her magic to alter the past, nor did she possess the ability to save this little one's life or heal her wounds; the foal was doomed, and all Luna could do was keep her comfortable and give her a peaceful exit from this world. Ponies never entered the Sacred Hall unless they had absolutely no chance of living. Sighing, Luna reentered the Hall, where the filly stood in the middle of a beautiful field, motionless and terrified even though her body had been healed.

"Arabella," Luna called. The filly whirled around, trembling, but she immediately relaxed when she recognized Luna.

"Princess Luna! My favorite princess! I can't believe you're here!" Arabella bounced in excited circles around Luna, then hugged the princess' legs, all fear forgotten. Luna's heart melted, and she lowered her head to nuzzle Arabella affectionately, then lay down in the cool grass of the fragrant meadow and motioned for the filly to lie down beside her. The breeze was warm and sweet, and the cloudless, brilliant blue sky smiled above the sunny, flowery field. Luna was glad to be able to distract Arabella from the agony that her Earthly body was enduring at the moment; this little one would have to face a slow death, but Luna would make certain that Arabella would feel no pain. In truth, Luna was slightly glad that this slow death would give her more time to make Arabella's final wishes come true. As usual, the princess asked the filly about her three wishes, but not before changing her into her angel gown. Arabella gasped excitedly as she was dressed in the ethereal white gown, then she quickly shifted her focus back to her wishes.

"Hmm," Arabella said thoughtfully, "I think... I think I want my wishes to be for my family. First, please make sure that the police find me soon so that my parents can give me a beautiful funeral and get justice for me. Secondly... I want to be a bride. I want to get married, so that my dad will have his chance to walk me down the aisle and have a father-daughter dance with me. I know I'm too young, but can't you give both of my parents a dream that shows me as the adult I would have been, arrange a wedding between me and the stallion I was supposed to marry, and let me wear a beautiful dress like the one on my bridal Barbie? This will be painful enough for my parents; I think they should be able to see at least one major milestone of my life so that they won't have to be sad about missing out. And lastly, please make sure my parents will be okay. Please make me their guardian angel, and make sure they know that I'll always watch over them." A small sob shook Luna's body as she processed the kindness and selflessness of Arabella's last requests. The foal was so young and innocent, and the love that she had for her family was palpable. Luna nodded and sent out a telepathic dispatch to all the law enforcement agencies that answered to her, specifying Arabella's exact location. Then, she smiled down at Arabella.

"Your body will be found before the night is out. Are you ready to be a beautiful bride?" Luna asked. Arabella nodded, and Luna sent a mist of sparkles swirling around the filly, creating an illusion of the adult she would have been. A gorgeous white silk wedding dress appeared on Arabella's body, followed by a cathedral-length veil and a bouquet of roses. A stallion in a black tuxedo appeared by her side. Luna smiled; she hadn't had to create this dream for Arabella's best friend, because he had already imagined marrying her. With a flick of her head, Luna shared the dream with Arabella's parents, who were sleeping soundly for the first time in weeks. Arabella's dad walked her down the aisle and gave her away to the stallion, then the two were married, and the dream flashed forward to the reception, where Arabella and her father shared their dance. Finally, she magically sent a wave of peace over Arabella's family, peace that assured them that their daughter and granddaughter would always watch over them.

As if on cue, the dreamscape began to lapse. Arabella, who was no longer afraid, looked up at Luna.

"I'm ready," the foal declared firmly. "Take good care of my family, Luna."

"I shall do so. You have my word," Luna promised. Arabella took a deep breath--her last earthly breath--as she entered Heaven's gates, never looking back. As the gates shut, Luna blinked, somewhat surprised. This young foal had just faced death with more courage than most adults Luna escorted. Most foals became at least a little apprehensive when they felt the lapse, but Arabella had accepted reality with grace beyond her years. With a little smile, Luna returned to the Sacred Hall and resumed her duties.