• Published 25th Sep 2023
  • 5,429 Views, 555 Comments

For My Beloved: Sunshine. - ZaDrEx



A human with little knowledge of his past finds himself in Equestria. They decide to make the most of it. But life as always makes stuff confusing and full of twists as they grow and learn in the new world they now live in.

  • ...
28
 555
 5,429

Chapter XI: Rockin All Over The World.

Do you ever get that feeling like no matter what you do, everything is going the same way it always does?

That's precisely the feeling I'm currently experiencing, sitting before the Headmistress's office, on my first day of school, with school librarian right beside me.

Yeah. Life could be a dream...

"Come in." I heard Princess Celestia's voice call out inside the office.

Instantly the librarian mare got up and motioned to me to go inside. With feeling of dread and despair, I pushed the door open and stepped into the spacious room.

It was rather beautifully decorated with elegant ornaments and paintings on the walls. The furniture was stylized like the rest of the school, in semi-medieval shapes and proportions. Everything was spotless of course, and the small windows on the right gave the room a cozy, yet mysterious vibe. In the back, across the wooden desk with engraved corners sat Headmistress Celestia. She had a pair of small glasses on her nose and a stacks of papers scattered around her.

As soon as she spotted me and the mare who escorted me here, she smiled weakly.

"Thank you, Miss Novel, I will take it from here." She said to the mare, who bowed and left the room in a hurry.

I could practically feel the air around me sizzle as her gaze scorched me. With my current situation, the best outcome of this encounter is to not get expelled. Everything else like my mom finding out or being punished by doing work around school is secondary.

"Please sit down Aurora." She said, gazing downward at her papers.

I did what I was told, sitting on the chair provided, in front of her. Even though my situation was simply 'fucked' I was happy that I could finally talk with her one on one. How would that turn out, we will see.

She didn't say anything for a good minute or so, just glanced at different things on her desk, thinking how to start this conversation presumably.

"Aurora." She said my name in a way I could describe as both a question and a statement.

Not wanting to remain silent I decided to speak up.

"Yes?" I replied and instantly regretted that I assumed it was a question.

She giggled. Which... Scared me a bit.

"You are a... Special filly. Normally, most students that come into my office in similar situations start to cry first thing they cross the doorframe." I felt like I fucked up already as she said that.

I forgot I'm supposed to be a filly. An eight-year-old filly. I should cry, be stupid, and be reckless. And so far, all my actions towards Princess Celestia have been more mature than even adults show. It's no secret she thinks that I'm 'special'. I'm currently balancing on a fine line that can be cut at any moment.

"I... Don't cry." I said, having both internal struggles with myself and trying to come up with a story on why I did what I did on the spot at the same time.

"That's admirable my little pony. But sometimes crying can make you feel better, or relieve you of some worries, remember that." She said, gently smiling.

I could feel that she was filling the imaginary bucket with water, looking at when it would spill out. That bucket was me.

"I... Will. Thank you." I said, not daring to look anywhere else but at her. The first rule of talking to someone you want to lie to. Look directly into their eyes.

"Well. We should most likely talk about the situation you found yourself in today, don't you think so?" She asked, a bit teasingly.

"Yes." I said, my breathing a bit faster than usual.

"Is something wrong? Do you want me to open the window?" She asked, with the most curious expression I had seen on her so far.

"No. Thank you." I replied. My mind raced on the possibilities, stories, and everything else. I felt like I was interrogated and tested on every word, move, and thought right now.

"If you change your mind, just say so, my little pony." The use of her 'my little pony' two times already made my skin itch. My mind went blank for three seconds as she said that.

'What the actual fuck...' I thought.

"You are quite red, are you sure you don't want the window open? Or perhaps a glass of water?" She asked, with that same curious smile on her face.

My head was spinning, my mind racing. I couldn't think, I couldn't blink. Her eyes felt like blazes that burned my very soul.

"N...No..." I started to struggle to even stay put. This was one sided conversation. I felt like I was on fire...

"Very well. Let's start from the beginning then." She stated. Her gaze was on the three books on the desk I was going to rent or run off with.

"Could you tell me..."

"My..."

"Little..."

"Pon-"

I couldn't bear it anymore!

My eyes started to water.

'I can't! I just can't anymore!'

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Just please! Don't expel me!" I broke the gaze, started to cry, shake, and felt incredible pressure finally lift off of my chest.

I felt... Broken.

She didn't say anything. Just smiled. Then, she stood up and walked slowly up to me. From my right, a giant shadow made my vision dark, her giant frame towering over me. Crying and shivering beneath her. She will... She will...

"It is alright my little pony." She said. This time, the words she used were... calm, motherly even.

'Huh?'

She brought her right wing and gently tucked me in. I could feel her fluffy feathers brush my fur. They were delicate, yet sturdy and thick. This action was rather unexpected. Everything up to this point was unexpected, to be honest. I didn't know how to react.

My body knew though... As I cried, tucked in her feathers, and her giant fluffy embrace... I felt at peace. I felt finally free and safe... Was this the feeling I was missing?

Her right-wing retracted after I stopped crying. She smiled at me as she sat beside me on the fluffy red carpet.

"Better?" She asked. And I felt like this was the first real question she asked today.

"Y...Yes. Thank you..." I replied, a bit flustered at the thought I just cried.

She stood up and sat down once again behind her wooden desk before looking at me once again with a smile.

"I'm not going to punish you today Aurora. You may go, but remember, that I will not tolerate any more actions like this in the future." She said, gently reminding me that I should be careful.

"Th-Thank you... Pri- Headmistress Celestia." I replied, my face fully red from crying and embarrassment. I decided not to stay here anymore. I stood up and walked to the door. But before I left, I once again glanced at Celestia behind her desk, her eyes already on the documents before her. She glanced up at me.

"Yes?" She asked, smiling once again.

"I...I can't wait for another lesson." I said, giving her the most genuine smile I had in me. Before leaving...


Princess Celestia POV


I felt my head drop as she closed the door.

"That filly will be the end of me..." I signed deeply.

Aurora Moonlight... She is Both strange and brilliant, but I knew I couldn't be too good to her. Everything I had in me, I wanted to give Twilight. Maybe if Twilight didn't exist, then I would devote my time and effort to making sure that Aurora will succeed as an element, but with so little time, and Twilight already with a cutie mark... I think I made the right choice. After all. It's for my sister's sake, not mine.

I glanced at the books in front of me. Each is different but connected in one way or another.

'Of Magic Theory' 'All About Alicorns.' 'Dangers Of Dark Magic'

I could understand why she chose, Study Of Magic Theory and All About Alicorns. But the Dangers Of Dark Magic? It's highly advanced theory-based speculation. There isn't anything more in that book than any other about forbidden magic. I made sure of that.

My mind went to the lesson I gave today, and her question to me.

"She wants to know how to create spells..." I opened the book and scanned it's contents. I knew it by heart, but sometimes some lines slipped from my mind. Then, in the very last chapter, I saw a small description that made my ears perk up.

"Most spells created by Princess Celestia are based on dire situations Equestria found itself in. She shows the prime ability to create and manipulate magic from the very core of one being. Usually, it takes a unicorn a great deal of effort to create a new spell, but if the situation calls for it, even a weak magic user can create a powerful spell in an instant with sheer power of will. That's what drives Dark Magic. It consumes that essence along with sacrifice from the user to create a powerfu-" I stopped reading.

I couldn't believe I didn't see it sooner. The original text from this book was untouched, it meant for the last three hundred years everyone could see this line, and form a conclusion based on it.

I had to correct that. It was bad enough that some ponies made new spells from time to time by accident, but this... No, I won't let it ruin my country. I have to stick to the rules I set, it made Equestria peaceful, respectful, and safe for hundreds of years already. I know this works. I know this is better.

I can't go back to the bloody wars and daily executions. Not anymore, not with my sister back in a few years. I will show her that living in peace is possible...

I remember dear sister...


"You think you can create a perfect world where everyone is safe and equal?! I LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY CELESTIA! AFTER ALL. YOU COULDN'T EVEN MAKE ME EQUAL!"


My head started to hurt again...

Why... Oh, why dear sister... I was so clouded to see you suffer...


As I walked down to my home from the upper Canterlot districts, I felt a bit numb. Everything so far was pointing to Celestia being a tyrant who manipulated ponies. But now?

Now I'm just confused.

That... The genuine action she did after all that interrogation was... Nice. I don't know what to think anymore. I feel like I'm going to need to pay close attention to her once again. Maybe after taking each piece of the puzzle, I will finally figure out why she acts like that, and hopefully, I will find a way to learn 'real' magic soon too.

I couldn't get those books, but I glanced at their contents once or twice to check if they were even useful. And yeah, one had something really interesting about creating spells.

"It takes a unicorn a great deal of effort to create a new spell, but if the situation calls for it, even a weak magic user can create a powerful spell in an instant with the sheer power of will." I recited the text from my memory.

If that's true... Technically I should be able to create new spells while I'm in dange-

"Wait the fuck up!" I said stopping in the middle of the street. Some passerbyes stared at me with wide eyes when they heard me swear. Most of them were aristocrats on their way home.

I dropped my head and started to walk faster, luckily they were too stunned to go after me. And soon I was home already. That was stupid. I'm stupid. Never mind that though...

I greeted my mom and sisters, told them how was the first day of school, without more... unnecessary details, and went to my room.

I closed the door, took a few small yellow sticky notes, and started to pin them to my worktable.

I created a small board to investigate what was going on, in the middle of course was the picture of Celestia I quickly drew with a marker, and on the sides, I drew speculations.

The most important thing was of course what I learned today. I pinned the first sticky note to a line where Celestia was. It said:

"Celestia doesn't want anypony to be in danger."

Then I pinned this to:

"Libraries don't allow you to rent books about dangerous magic."

And I had my first clue. Celestia didn't want anypony to get hurt, so she made sure that there was a system where only some ponies were allowed to learn dangerous spells. I knew that already, but the fact that she made that system meant she did it to achieve some kind of goal. And that's what I'm after.

Maybe some kind of war in the past made her decide that it's for the best? Or maybe she is just testing the idea...

I placed a sticky note to Celestia, saying:

"Tyrant or Beloved Princess?"

I need to learn more, and if the library isn't the place to do so, there is only one other thing I can do...

Ask around.

Author's Note:

One more chapter since I have some free time and am in a mood. A bit short, but better than nothing.

I also wanted to show that Celestia isn't just a bunch of sticks placed together with glue. She knows how powerful Aurora could be but with Twilight in the mix too...

Song: Rockin All Over The World