• Published 25th Sep 2023
  • 5,425 Views, 554 Comments

For My Beloved: Sunshine. - ZaDrEx



A human with little knowledge of his past finds himself in Equestria. They decide to make the most of it. But life as always makes stuff confusing and full of twists as they grow and learn in the new world they now live in.

  • ...
28
 554
 5,425

Chapter I: Self Control.

Author's Note:

The first two chapters describe the world and characters. If you can bear them, it should become much more interesting in the third chapter.

I uploaded the first 5 chapters as an idea/concept. So I'm not making any promises about making more, but if you like it, I will try to provide you with at least one more weekly. I have more time now, and I hope I can manage to draw, write, and study at the same time.


Link to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP0_8J7uxhs

There was something in the distance, calling me.

I didn't want to wake up. I wanted to sleep, my eyes didn't want to open anymore.

However, the calling didn't stop. It pulsed through me, like some sort of force, pushing onto my very existence.

My mind was fighting, it would kill me soon.

I was forced to act.

Having no other options I decided to open my eyes. And that's where it all hit me.

The first thing that came was the scream. Then flashes of light, different colors passing, and some sort of fluid blurred my vision. I was feeling like a dead man. I couldn't feel my toes, nor could bend any of my joints. I felt weak and fragile. Something in my mind went blank for a second, and then I was back again.

The scream that alerted me, died out. Then, out of nowhere, some sort of cloth thing enveloped my whole body. It was a weird, unnatural sensation. My body brushed against it, I could feel all my muscles. But there was something horrible going on. My body felt wrong, then I felt something inside me start to work properly, my heart perhaps? I could feel my limbs, but after I started to bend them I definitely knew something was wrong. My body wasn't human anymore. It was... Something alien, something mushed together. I started to grasp everything around me instinctively, to hold onto something other than the cloth.

For a second I thought that my hands and toes were simply numb, but it wasn't the case. They were gone. Replaced with a solid frame of skin. I felt sick, It felt wrong on every level possible.

I asked myself for the first time.

'What was going on?'

Then I heard something. My head spun out to the source of the noise, but my eyes were still blurry. I could only listen. Focusing on it I started to hear more clearly. What I heard confused and frightened me.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Moonlight, it's a filly. Now, I know you are excited, but please, wait a moment. We will do some simple tests and give your daughter back to you in just a moment." I thought I didn't hear it clearly.

'What does a filly, moonlight, and a daughter of someone have in common, and what is currently happening so close nearby?' I asked myself. Confusion was rising with every second. Suddenly, I felt something lift me into the air. Something huge, my whole body felt tiny compared to what was currently holding me. It was out of a world sensation, still feeling numb I couldn't do anything to protest.

"W-What... D-Does she looks like... Feather... T-Tell me... " A hoarse voice called out a moment later. Definitely female, but sounding very tired and in a lot of pain.

"She has grey fur, Pearl, she is a unicorn... And she has... R-Red... Yes! Red eyes!" The second voice called after the first one. This one was male, very excited and happy.

"A-Are you sure? W-We don't have... But... Maybe her... Grandparents?" A hoarse voice spoke again.

'What was that supposed to mean? A unicorn? A real unicorn? Nearby?' I asked myself, my thoughts didn't connect to anything though. I couldn't hear anything after that only whispers and some things rushing past me.

'Ouch!' Something suddenly coined me on my side before flipping me upside down and starting to move the cloth I was in up and down on my skin. I felt incredibly sick and nauseous. The whole thing lasted a couple of seconds.

'The voices... The weird feeling of being weak and fragile, inability to see or feel properly... Oh my god... If what I'm thinking of is happening right now... No. It just can't be...' I thought. Every fiber of my being protested. I tried to speak. To make any sound at all, but try as I might, nothing came out.

'I wasn't in hell? Right?' I asked myself.

The thing holding me started to hold me tighter, placing some weird things on my back and belly. It felt cold. Then the cloth returned, and this time, the thing rubbed it on my face, clearing my vision a little bit. Then it took me back to the source of the voices.

What I saw next shocked me. Four blurs of colors turned out to be some kind of equines, I didn't dare to clarify them as real animals though. They were... Weird. Cartoonish looking. With unmatching colors and horns, spouting from their heads. But where were the voices coming from then?

I also discovered that I was in some sort of hospital. Everything was white and the pony-looking thing lying on the bed... Oh god, it's all covered in blood and strange fluids... Was she giving birth? Gross...

'Wait.' I suddenly realized.

'Oh no.' I said to myself as I looked down and saw my small weirdly shaped body.

'No.' I said as I saw my form of a small equine, with the grey fur the voices were talking about, my mind didn't want to accept that idea.

'I do not believe it.' I repeated multiple times before the realization finally settled in.

'Surely this can't be happening!' I added before starting to twitch violently, desperately trying to somehow wake up from this nightmare or get out of the grasp of this thing.

Before any more of my protests, however, the voices started to sound around the room again. I stopped moving and fell completely silent, not that I could make any noise apart from grunts and whines right now...

"Doctor. She is conscious alright, and her vitals are stable, but... She doesn't cry. She just twitches, or was, a second ago." I heard the thing holding me say. It was a woman's voice, but when I turned my head up, the silhouette of another pony appeared in front of me. A white pony with a nurse outfit and a nurse hat. She looked to the other side of the room where the brown pony with a clipboard was standing, still holding me in her hooves.

"It's quite alright dear. Foals sometimes don't cry after birth, it happened a few times in my career, now, please, take her to her mother. I'm sure Ms. Pearl is eager to hold her." He said in a clear, loud voice as the pony holding me moved towards the group.

My mind suddenly found itself blank. Apart from the constant question of what was happening, I was feeling a particular sensation of emptiness. I felt like my memories were not quite there. I could say that I was a man and I was 20 years old, but apart from that there was nothing. No family, no friends, no home. Just... Random memories of things I knew how to do, or which I liked...

The pony gave me to the snow-white unicorn mare that looked at me with sparkling eyes. She instantly started to cry as she grabbed me, holding me closer to her. I felt her warmth, she was also very sweaty and covered in goo and blood. I didn't want to be held like that, but my body was too weak to do anything against it. I looked around the room once again, this time spotting a pony right beside the bed. He was tall, with grey fur and a black mane. He smiled at me when I looked at him. His expression flashed with something else, a tall man with a long bushy beard and bald head, with the exact same smile. A memory perhaps...?

As she held me I felt rather happy for some reason. Note that the whole situation was so bizarre that I actually stopped trying to do anything. She is clearly very tired and in a lot of pain. Still...

I couldn't believe that I was an equine. It didn't make any sense. My lack of memories didn't help either. The only thing I could think of at the moment is to play along. Nothing could come out with me starting to panic right now. This is clearly something bigger than I'm able to deal with this level of information.

I relaxed, looking down and placing a hoof on the unicorn mare's chest I felt safe, I felt like I was at home... 'This feeling... Did I get reborn? Does this mean... It's my... Second chance?' I thought. My eyelids started to get heavy all of a sudden. This warmth started to make me drowsy, and my... 'New body', was in clear need of energy right now...

Yawning I pressed myself gently onto the furry embrace of my Mother's chest... Maybe... I will be able to... F-Figure out... This... Tomorrow...