• Published 4th Oct 2022
  • 202 Views, 2 Comments

Jackie and Velvet's Adventure: Rookies on Stage - CuTiE_PoNY-JacKie



A fun adventure story of two stud friends on Comic-Con, where they, to meet their heroine, have to dress up as mares from the anime.

  • ...
 2
 202

Chapter 2: Fake Actresses

"So, what are we going to do now?" Jack whispered, trying not to step on the edge of his dress and struggling to keep up with Emilio. He led the two of them towards the stage, looking out as the audience slowly began to enter little by little.

"And what do you think? Dance, of course," Velvet answered, feeling a little more confident in his new outfit.

"Yeah, I know. But I've never done anything like this before," Jack said, swallowing a lump in his throat. "Especially with professionals."

"Don't worry. Just watch what other pony is doing and try not to stand out," Velvet advised him, though deep in his heart he was also a little nervous. He had always dreamed that one day he would change into a dress and take to the stage to perform for a rapt audience. Though now that it was actually happening, he was not sure of his own abilities.

Meanwhile, the stallions had already been led to the stage, or rather to one of the positions marked with a cross, where other dancers were waiting for them. They quickly looked at the newcomers before turning back to the curtain in front of them. However, one of them looked at them carefully and even lowered her gaze and studied Jack's neck.

"I wonder what she was so interested in. I hope she didn't guess that we're really stallions," Jack wondered mentally; ready to fall to the ground with the embarrassment that gripped him.

"Come on, darling, don't be so nervous," said Velvet in a slightly higher voice. "If you keep sweating, all your makeup will run off."

"Yes. That would be a big tragedy," his friend said sarcastically, also trying to sound more feminine. Jack stood straighter, trying to appear confident, though couldn't help but worry as the mare gave them another look.

Before she could say anything, however, Miyuki Hirai finally came out, holding a microphone in her telekinesis.

"Wow, there she is. Wow, what a beauty," Jack mentally marveled as he saw the mare dressed in a beautiful futuristic outfit, highlighting her croup and slender waist.

"Well, girls, everypony is ready?" She smiled loudly to the dancers, who nodded silently in agreement.

"Not really," thought Velvet.

"I don't think so," Jack added mentally.

"Very well, then. Let's begin!" With a beautiful wave of her mane, the little kirin said. "I know some of you are new here and we haven't had much time to rehearse, but you've all proven to be exceptionally talented and improvisational mares, so I have faith in you. Let's give these ponies a real show! The Star Power!"

"The Star Power!" The mares and the two stallions that mimicked them all repeated.

"Well, let's go then! And one! And two! And..."

And with a loud "Three," she came out from behind the curtain and began to sing her show's intro Song, her voice lyrical and beautiful. The curtain immediately rose, and the audience below could see the stage, the sets, and the dancers who followed the kirin and danced with her in synchrony while she sang, mimicking her every step and movement flawlessly. All except Jack and Velvet; lacking the practice of the others, they had a hard time keeping up. At first they managed to stay in sync with the others, but then they began to stumble and take extra steps (and even stepped on their own dresses a couple of times). All of their mistakes came to a head at the second minute, when Jack stumbled, collapsing onto his stomach.

Miyuki stopped immediately. The other backup dancers stopped moving, and all eyes turned to the camouflaged stallion.

There was a short pause, during which the music from the show continued to play.

"That's it, we're screwed," Jack thought, preparing for the security guards to reveal them (or at least him) and lead them away from the stage and then make a mockery of them.

But before he could picture Buck and Cody laughing, Velvet suddenly landed on his diaper and struck an epic pose beside him.

"Yes, our legs may be tired, but we will not stop defending the power of light," he made his voice as high as possible, before turning to Jack and whispering: "Let's do that dance we rehearsed during the «Ogres and Oubliettes»".

"You mean the Dance of the Dragon? But that's..." Jack said uncertainly.

"Yes, the only one dance we can do without stuttering," Velvet winked at him. Jack gave a short nod, before rolling onto his side. He performed a few moves, trying to keep himself from shaking, while Velvet mirrored them on the other side.

Miyuki stared in surprise at their strange dance, but the crowd suddenly burst into loud applause and she, quickly figuring out what was going on. With a carefree smile, she joined them, adding her own twist to their moves.

After her, other mares joined in the dance. Being talented dancers they quickly understood how to move and, in a second, like Jack and Velvet began to stand on hind hooves and to imitate movements of a dragon with front legs, before jumping and flipping in the air. The music stopped abruptly. The DJ, apparently deciding that something more daring and rhythmic was needed for such a dance, put on an energetic club mix.

"Wow! Do they really like it?" Jack couldn't believe his eyes, though, seeing how sincerely the audience shouted and stomped watching him (and some even tried to look under his skirt). Velvet, meanwhile, was literally basking in their attention, now and then turning to the audience to wave to the most active participants.

"My dream has finally came true! I've become a filly princess! A real diaper-wearing filly princess!" he thought excitedly, beginning to dance faster and more vigorously.

Soon the music began to come to an end. Velvet came up to Jack mid-dance and whispered:

"Now, let's do our signature cheer."

"Are you sure?" The unicorn asked, blushing slightly.

"Yes! I bet they'd like that," Velvet nodded, and they both bumped their sides playfully and dropped to the floor, rolling over themselves in epic poses as they turned their croups toward the audience. Normally, at this point they would have had knight's shields and swords, which would have given them an air of masculinity and grandeur. But without them, their pose was very nice and feminine. When they stopped, the hall exploded with rapturous applause and the clicks of the cameras began to sound from all sides.

"Wow, we did it," Jack whispered, seeing the audience cheering.

"And did it good!" Velvet encouraged him, smiling merrily and sending air kisses into the audience.

"Yes, it’s a brilliant! That was a wonderful performance! Let's thank my backup dancers for this wonderful and unusual dance. And especially Princess Cloudy and Magic Willow for adding so much mischief and fun to it," said Miyuki loudly into the microphone and the ponies below began stomping and chanting the names of the two cartoon characters (making Velvet blush embarrassingly) until the curtain fell and hid them from the audience.

"Wonderful! That was great! One of the best performances of my career!" handing the microphone to Emilio, said the kirin. "I haven't heard such great applause in a long time! Thank you everyone, especially you girls," she said, turning to Jack and Velvet. "You all showed yourselves to be top-notch! There's a reason your teachers spoke so warmly of you!"

She took a bottle of water and a towel from the assistant, wiped her temples and forehead with them, took a few sips, and then added:

"Now, let's go to the VIP section and get some rest. I'm sure you're as excited as I am about this performance, and you won't mind freshening up a bit."

"Yes, of course, Miss Miyuki," Velvet nodded.

"Come on, you can just call me Mimi. That's what all my friends call me," she giggled, before turning to Jack. "That goes for you, too, honey."

"Of course... um... Mimi," the unicorn immediately nodded as his friend looked at the mare in amazement.

"Wow, she thinks we're her friends?" thought Velvet.

"Okay, girls. Let's go get some rest. We have a few more performances coming up where I hope you will continue to improvise so dashingly," the kirin said and, along with the other mares, headed for the stairs from the stage.

"Wow, we're going to the VIP section with Miyuki," Jack whispered excitedly as he followed the charming mare like a bodyguard.

Entering the enclosed section of the Comic-Con, they found themselves in a spacious, high-walled enclosure that contained an extra stage, a guest area, and a separate railing area for the artists. Everything was ready for the party: soft couches, long tables with refreshments, and a drinks bar along the far wall, filled with drinks served by a muscular stallion. Each of the bottles in front of them cost as much as a year's wages of most ordinary ponies.

"Wow. This place is much better than I thought it would be," Velvet whispered softly as he stared at the expensive dishes and the beautiful designer gold and crystal ware. "It's obvious that Buck's family didn't skimp on Miyuki's visit."

"Yeah. But we still have a shot to get her autograph," Jack chuckled.

"Right. And once that happens, we'll show those rich snobs who's number one," Velvet said, sitting down with the rest of the mares on the couch. The two proceeded to engage in small talk and starting to eat some of the appetizers that they never would have had in their lives if not for their incredible luck.

But they had barely tasted the local delicacies when suddenly the two stallions they least expected to see approached their group.

"Hey, ladies. How are you doing? Glad to see you decided to come to our party," the well-dressed Buck said in a snappy voice as he and Cody sat down unceremoniously between their friends and the mares in the backdrop. "I hope you like it here."

"Oh yes, it's wonderful. And the food and drink are so good," said one of the actresses who played the part of Princess Quickstep.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that. My father and I didn't skimp on treats, and we ordered the best for your sake," he grinned. "After all, what's a couple of million bits when it comes to beauties like you?"

"Arrogant jerk," Jack mentally snorted.

"By the way, I enjoyed your performance," said Buck, taking a glass of champagne and taking a few sips. "I'm not a fan of all these children's shows, but I couldn't take my eyes off your dancing. Your technique, Miss Miyuki, is wonderful."

And he had the audacity to put his leg around her neck.

"Yes, thank you. But I owe it all to my new members, who diversified our dance with their improvisation," she answered, a little tense. Velvet could tell she didn't like that kind of liberty.

"Is that so? That's amazing! I have to say, my friend and I have never seen anypony move like that before," his buddy Cody said in agreement. Then he turned to Jack and Velvet. "Especially you girls. You were on fire in there!"

And with that, he gave Velvet a sly wink and sent him an air kiss.

"Tell me, what was that newfangled dance?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing much," said Velvet, trying to sound as feminine as possible. "The most usual dance we used to practice with my friend."

"I see. When you two finished dancing, Cody and I thought you were really good at it," Buck added, lightly touching Jack's knee, which made him blush. "It's a pity, of course, if you're only going to continue to make appearances at Comic-Cons. I could talk to my father about you and find a much better use for your graceful croup," he told him in a slightly quieter voice.

"Oh no," Jack said to himself, guessing what he meant.

Luckily at that moment, some stallion with glasses came up to Buck, and whispered something in his ear.

"Discord be damned! What, now? Agh, okay," Buck said with a disgruntled frown, then turned to the cloaked stallions sitting on the couch and said, "Excuse me, ladies, but I've got an urgent matter to discuss with the owner of this place. But when I return, we will continue our conversation."

He gave Jack an air kiss and followed his assistant down the hall.

Cody sat on the couch for a while, and after kissing Velvet's hoof goodbye and promising that he would meet him soon, got up too, and followed his friend.

"Phew, that seems to have blown over," Velvet mentally sighed, shaking off his hoof. "Was this snob really trying to flirt with me? Oh, that's all I need."

He glanced at Jack. Judging by his embarrassed look, he felt about the same.

"Wow, did you see that? Buck almost got under my skirt," Jack whispered.

"Yeah. You're lucky we weren't alone in here, or those two would have let loose their hooves."

"What are you sweethearts whispering about?" One of the mares asked. "I see you've got the eyes of those rich, handsome fellows."

"Yeah, I'd like to be in your shoes. Those two have enough bits to buy all of Canterlot. You’d be lucky if they take you out for the weekend," said another actress.

"Or rather, our worst nightmares would come true," Jack mentally remarked, before added aloud: "Yes, you're right. They are quite nice." And he whispered to Velvet:

"I suggest we get out of here before Buck or Cody take us to separate rooms."

"You right, that's not much of a pleasant prospect. But first we have to get Miyuki's autograph."

"Well, that won't be hard. Let's just tell her that we've always been her fans."

"Yeah, and that you and I need... need..." Velvet mumbled uncertainly and then immediately groaned: "Jack, there's something we haven't considered."

"What?" The unicorn asked.

"How are we going to ask Miyuki for an autograph in Jack and Velvet's name if you and I are mares?"

"That's right, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe we should tell her our real names. And add that these are normal names for mares in Equestria."

"Yes that’s sound good. But what if she already knows the real names of the actresses we replaced? What do we do then?"

"I have no idea. Either way, we need to get her autograph right away before the real actresses show up."

"You're right. Then let's tell her that we..." Velvet began, taking out her anime club notebook (the one with the kitties and the cartoonish mares) and turning to where Miyuki was sitting. But she wasn't there anymore!

"No way! Where is she?" The stallion groaned, quickly examining the VIP section, which was full of other important guests who were standing at the refreshment tables in the hall.

"She was just here and disappeared. I suggest we split up and look for her," Jack said.

"Yes, and as soon as we find her and get her autograph, we'll run right away," agreed Velvet.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go," nodded the crimson unicorn.

And getting off the couch, they said goodbye to the dancers mares and went to walk around the closed section of the Comic-Con, looking everywhere for the kirin mare.

Velvet decided to check a few small rooms against the far wall while Jackie began wandering among the guests.

"She couldn't have gone far. I'm sure she just decided to get some privacy somewhere away from Buck and Cody," Velvet reasoned mentally, tentatively knocking and peering into a couple of rooms. But each one was empty everywhere, so he continued his search.

"Hey, beautiful mare, are you looking for somepony? Maybe it’s me?" Suddenly he heard Cody's smug voice behind him.

Velvet turned around and saw the unicorn coming toward him.

"Oh, hi. I'm actually here to..."

"I know, I know, you don't have to say it anymore. You and I were sitting next to each other, making eyes at each other, and you couldn't get me out of your mind, could you?" He smirked, stepping closer and literally pushing the stallion into one of the rooms.

"Well, not exactly. I wanted..." He tried again to explain himself, feeling the warmth of his breath on the back of his neck.

"To see if I was as rich as that snooty Buck? Ha, I can assure you that my family is as influential as his. And even though he's in charge of tonight's banquet, I can do just as well. Especially to please someone I'm interested in. You, for instance."

They had already gone completely into the room and Cody, as if by design, closed the door behind him.

"Well, now that no one else is bothering us, we can have a chat in private," he said as he pressed Velvet against the table near the wall.

"Look, mister, I know what you're up to, but I can't stay here much longer, because I have some business to..." Velvet whispered, blushing, realizing where this was going.

"Oh, come on. What business is so important as the chance to meet the wealthy heir to a big textile company?" Cody grinned, playfully lifting the hem of his dress. "You know I've always had a passion for big beauties like you. Especially if they wear diapers."

"Actually, it's a stage image and I..."

"Never mind. And since you're wearing that cute diaper, why don't we do something special?"

"Oh, no! I’m not..." Velvet was about to say, but then Cody leaned abruptly into him and kissed him passionately right on the lips.

"Mmm!" The embarrassed stallion mumbled, blushing so hard he was the same color as a tomato.

"Wow, that was great, wasn't it?" Cody said after a few minutes, pulling away from him and slapping his lips carelessly. "And that's not all I'm good for, baby, believe me. There's something else I can do that I'm sure you'll like."

Then he abruptly wrapped his telekinesis around Velvet’s body and sat him on the table.

"No, please. I'm not that kind of mare," the disguised stallion moaned.

"I know you're modest, and you don't want to rush into this, but on the other hand, why drag it out? Let's do it... now!" And with that he unceremoniously stuck his foot in Velvet's diaper. Immediately his eyes widened in surprise as he felt something strange there.

"What is that?" He groaned.

But Velvet wasn't going to take it anymore and immediately kicked him between the legs. Cody slumped to the floor, and the unicorn brought both front legs down on his head, sending him into unconsciousness.

"Chump!" Velvet said indignantly, blushing at the fact that he was slightly aroused by it. "Who gets in a mare's diaper the first time?"

He adjusted his dress and shuffled his hind legs a couple of times toward his stunned foe, as if burying something dirty in the ground.

"I need to go find Jack. As soon as that lusty snob wakes up, we're going to be in big trouble."

He quickly left the room and went in search of his friend. Luckily Jack was walking around and Velvet could see him immediately among the guests.

"Well? How are you? Did you find her?" Jack asked him.

"Not quite. But I had a run in with Cody."

"Cody? What's he got to do with it?" The crimson unicorn wondered. "Don't tell me he exposed you."

"No, I mean, not in the way you think. But we've got a bigger problem, and we've got to get out of here before we..."

But before he could finish, a new problem struck the stallions.

"How do you not know who we are? Every dog in this town knows us! We are famous artists!" said the two mares that stood at the entrance, arguing with the guard.

"Maybe, but I don't see you on the guest list," said the pegasus, preventing them from entering.

"Because we're supposed to be here with Miyuki's troupe, you fool! We play Princess Cloudy and Magic Willow. But we were a little late because..."

Then one of them turned and saw Jack and Velvet.

"Hey, those are our dresses! Who the hell are you?! And why are you wearing our costumes?"

"Uh-oh!" gasped Jack.

"We're goners," added Velvet.

"Hold on. Let me work this out," the pegasus guard said as he headed toward the two. "Excuse me, ladies; may I see you for a moment?"

But the stallions decided not to wait for him to approach them and began to back away slowly.

"Let's get out of here," Jack whispered.

"Wait, I just want to talk with you," the guard repeated once more, but when he saw that the fake actresses were retreating, he said loudly: "Stop!"

"Run!" said Velvet, and the friends shot through the crowd, shouldering their guests aside.

The guard rushed after them.

"Stop right there!" he shouted.

"They are impostors! They have stole our roles!" Shouted the mares, following him.

But the stallions were not going to give up so easily, and although some of the guests tried to get in their way, they easily dispersed them (Velvet knocking some aside with the puffy diaper) and rushed in the direction of another exit.

"We're in trouble! What could be worse?" Jack was saying as he followed his friend.

"Yeah, we've never been in so much trouble before... bloody hell!" he added as four of the tough pegasi blocked their escape route.

"Crap, what now?" Velvet whispered fearfully.

"This way!" Jack whirled his head quickly, pointing to the ropes to their right which held sandbags, and the colts charged toward them.

"Grab on!" Jack ordered, nodding at one of them.

"Ok. What now?" Velvet asked, doing as he said, while their pursuers were only a couple of steps away from them.

"Hold on!" The crimson unicorn smiled and yanked the knots with his telekinesis and unhooked the bundle of bags, after which the friends flew up to the ceiling screaming.

"Whoa! That was awesome!" Velvet said, climbing carefully over the walkway by the set.

"Ha, you bet it was," Jackie said as he jumped in after him.

"Except there's one thing you haven't counted on," said Velvet with a twist of his head.

"And what is that?"

"Pegasi can fly," the unicorn replied, nodding to the side where the guards had risen after them.

"Yes, an unforgivable oversight on my part… ha-ha… run!" Jack shouted, and they were off down the path to the steps on the other side.

"Stop right there!" A guard suddenly appeared on their path.

"Oh no, we're done!" Velvet said in fright, stopping.

"No way! We're going down!" Jack grasped the rope around them, but even there the guards were waiting for them.

"All right, that's enough running!" said the pegasus sternly. "So put the rope down!"

"Ok, if you say so," the unicorn nodded with an unexpected smile as he grinned at the guard's feet.

He looked there too and saw that the rope stretched across the walkway and ended in a knot on one of the hooks, where a cloud of telekinesis was now flickering.

"Uh-oh," the pegasus opened his mouth.

"Exactly," Jack snorted and immediately loosened the knot, causing the sacks hanging from the ceiling to fall off. The rope began to slip quickly over the walkway, wrapping around the leg of the guard and pulling the pegasi down.

"Aaah!" he shouted frightened, waving to his colleagues who flew to his rescue, though the stallion was in no danger. He simply flew up to the ceiling and bumped into the nearest beam, at most giving himself a small bump.

"What a trick," Jack said.

"Yeah. So you've got it all planned beforehand?" Velvet asked.

"Not exactly, but something was bound to happen, and I'm glad it did," Jack said. They kept running until the guards remembered to come after them.

They jumped over the railing and started down the stairs.

"It's a shame we didn't get Miyuki's autograph and got ourselves into such a mess," Velvet said, jumping over the stairs.

"And now we'll have to serve those chumps Buck and Cody for a month," Jack remarked.

"Well, at least I got my hoof between Cody's legs."

"Oh, really? How'd you do that?" Jack asked with a smile.

They had gone down to the first floor and into the little corridor behind the stage.

"Well, I was going round the hall while you were talking, I was looking round the walled rooms and..." But then they heard loud hoofsteps and the guards' voices.

"Get back! Get back!" Jack whispered. They turned in the opposite direction, but even there they could hear the shouts and rustling of wings.

"We are trapped. There's nowhere else to go!" said Velvet.

"It looks like it. It was all in vain. Now they'll get us, take the wigs off, and then..." Jack said in despair, imagining how they would die of embarrassment when they were revealed, when suddenly someone grabbed them both by the shoulders and quickly dragged them into one of the dressing rooms.

The door closed, and the friends heard security run past them.

"Wow, that was close," Velvet whispered.

"Yeah, they almost caught us. But who helped us?" Jack asked.

They turned around and saw behind them the same unicorn, Emilio, who had led them to the stage earlier that day.

"Oh, it's you, hi," Jack said as if nothing had happened. "Thanks for saving our croups."

"Yes, we owe you," added Velvet.

"You're welcome," he nodded with a cheerful grin. "Though I'm not usually in the business of rescuing two stallions who act like they're mares."

"What? How did you know?" Velvet asked, surprised.

"Oh, come on. I've been in this business long enough to know whether someponies a stallion or a mare."

He snorted merrily.

"Especially when I see an Adam's apple on their neck," he added.

"Yes, I forgot about that," Velvet said awkwardly as he swiped at his bump.

"Besides, you're not the only one who's into that," the stallion winked.

"You too?" said Velvet with a mare's chin. "So it's a kind of mare solidarity?"

"Not exactly. If be honest, I would not have helped you to hide from the guards if I had not been asked," said Emilio.

"Someone ask you to do that? Who?" Jack asked.

"That’d be me," the mare who had come into the light answered, and the friends recognized her at once.

"Mimi... uh, I mean, Miss Miyuki," Jack said in shock.

"Yeah, the one and only," she grinned. "Well, boys, what a show you've put on here."

She came over to them and sauntered around them like a jungle cat stalking its prey.

"Dressed up as mares, got into the forbidden section, pretended to be my actresses and ran away from the guards," she went on slowly.

The stallions looked at each other tensely, expecting to hear some kind of condemnation or reproach from her, before kirin suddenly laughed merrily.

"I have never seen anything funnier in my life! You really amused me! I confess, my assistant and I thought it was all part of the show. You know, some show put on specially to amuse me. And imagine my surprise when I found out it wasn't. Oh," she wiped away the tears in her eyes. "You made me laugh so much. I'll be sure to tell my writers to include this hilarious hullabaloo in a future episode of our anime."

"Seriously? You're not kidding?" Jack was surprised.

"So you're not mad at us?" Velvet asked.

"Am I? No, of course not. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. All these Comic-Con and festivals tend to be so boring. They're always patronizing me, feeding me expensive food, giving me compliments, but I don't see the fun in it. Well, until now."

She winked at them slyly.

"So you don't care that we pretended to be mares and wear your actresses' dresses?" Velvet clarified.

"Well, as I say, everyone has his own quirks. Besides, I've been in the entertainment business for years and I'm not surprised anymore. And I really liked your dance. It was very original. And that's why I would like you to continue to perform with me."

Then both stallions opened their mouths in surprise.

"P-perform? W-with you," Velvet mumbled, stammering. "B-but we're not mares."

"Nonsense, I can make you up in such a way that no one would be able to tell," said Emilio.

"I can tell you two want to do this, and so you could continue to do so," Miyuki added.

She walked around them in a circle, eyeing them meticulously from every angle, and then asked:

"Well? So what do you say, boys? Would you like to work with me?"

"Yes," Velvet said, grinning like Discord with emotion. He was over the moon that his long-held dream had come true. He wouldn't just walk around in a dress, he would become a real actor and work with a celebrity like Miyuki.

"But, can we ask you something first?" Jack interjected.

"Of course," mare nodded.

"Can we get your autograph, and when you meet Buck, the organizer of the party, can you tell him that we're your friends?"

Miyuki looked at him surprised.

"It's just, we made a little bet with him and his buddy, and I..."

"I see. You don't have to continue. It's a classic of the genre – some stallions want to outdo the others and prove they know a celebrity," smiled the mare. "No problem, as soon as I see them, I'll be sure to do so."

"Oh, I think you'll see them, and very soon," Velvet said with a sly smile as he put his arm around Jack and they bumped hooves together.

"Yes, to find out they'll be wearing maids' dresses," he chuckled.

***

A few days later.

"I can't believe we'll be touring all over Equestria soon," Velvet said as he lay on the couch, studying the contract he'd recently signed. "Fancy gigs, concerts, vacations in expensive hotels."

"Yeah, but I'm still a little iffy at the thought of us dressing up as mares," remarked Jack, sitting down beside him. He examined his new outfit for the stage, a lovely sequined dress that was slightly narrow around the croup.

"Well, a little. Though some ponies are worse off than we are," his friend grinned, picking up and ringing a tiny bell.

"Hey, maids. Where are you? Is our tea ready yet?" He said loudly.

"And the fruits?" Jack added.

Immediately Buck and Cody, dressed up as maids, came out of the next room, both red with embarrassment and resentment.

"Here you are, sir," said Buck through gritted teeth as he placed the tray of tea and fruit on the table, trying not to look into the faces of his enemies.

"Well, well, cheer up Buck. Work must be enjoyable," Jack smiled.

"Get lost," he grumbled.

"Hey, don't be rude. You'd better be thankful we don't make you walk around like this all day long," Jack laughed.

"Or in a public," added Velvet. "Though I'm sure if we'd lost that argument, you would have. But hey, we're not beasts and we're not going to humiliate you."

"You got what you wanted, didn't you, girls?" Jack asked.

"Yes," Cody and Buck said in a whisper.

"What's that?" Jack asked again, putting his hoof to his ear.

"Yes, sir," they corrected themselves.

"All right, now get back to cleaning the hall. You don't want to do that when our co-students get back here, do you?"

Buck and Cody gave him a startled look before quickly nodding and running out the door.

"Ah, life is beautiful," Jack said, stretching out on the couch and biting into a fresh apple.

"Exactly," smiled Velvet, blissfully closing his eyes and imagining how his life would change now that he was a professional actor. Or rather an actress.

Author's Note:

Well, that's the end of this short but funny story I wrote for my friend David. I hope you enjoyed it and give a good rating. Thank you for reading :heart:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment