• Published 21st Sep 2012
  • 1,132 Views, 58 Comments

Thirty-ish Minute Pony Stories - Abecedarian



Stories submitted to the Thirty Minute Pony Stories Tumblr - They vary in quality, but at least they're all short.

  • ...
1
 58
 1,132

PreviousChapters Next
The 247th Annual Ponyville Wing-Off (Prompt #547)

TMP Prompt #547 - "Filly Fantasy"

The prompt: One-winged Alicorn.

--

The 247th Annual Ponyville Wing-Off

Her tears, she thought, should have dried long ago, and she would not have been half-surprised if blood were running down her cheeks instead. Twin streams ran freely from the end of her nose, all dignity forgotten. Her mouth…she should have lost all feeling in her mouth, but the truth was, she had gone far beyond pain, her mind overwhelmed.

She lay on the ground, twitching, dimly aware of a voice carrying over the whining roar in her ears.

“One left!” Spike called. “One more wing to go! Can she do it, folks, or will Sweet Apple Acres’ Insanely Horrific Apple Mango Hotsauce claim her as it has all our other noble contestants? Can she pull it—What’s that? Yes, Fluttershy, all the parasprites who donated their wings to this event died of old age, I promise. Really. Totally. *Ahem* Anyway…Come on, Twilight!“

She struggled to rise, noting as she did that her coat had somehow turned a shade of red better suited to fire engines, and belched a wave of fire that washed over Spike.

“Ow. Jeez, Twilight, better in than out!”

Leaning on the table for support she surveyed the enemy that lay on the plate so innocuously.

When they’d been unveiled, the first three rows of audience members had fled, gasping and choking. One close-up whiff of the sauce had been enough to send Big Macintosh to the hospital. An experimental lick had paralyzed Rainbow Dash, the hair in her mane and tail standing on end before falling out. Pinkie had managed half a plate before inexplicably catching on fire and burning to a pile of ash with blue eyes blinking back tears, then reforming on the spot, shaking her head, and backing away.

She herself had learned the hard way about trying to levitate them when her magical aura had turned into scarlet energy that had rushed toward her and had almost reached her horn before she’d cut it off.

Only one remained…

Only one remained…

Only one remained.

Twilight Sparkle steeled herself against the rumbling in her belly, called forth the power within herself, opened her mouth…

And collapsed.

***

Shortly afterward, Sweet Apple Acres managed to land a lucrative deal with the Equestrian Army.

Author's Note:

I finally decided to add some fics which had been posted to the tumblr...t-ten years ago...and add them here. With a spot of "I was in a hurry to hit the deadline ten years ago" editing here and there.

PreviousChapters Next