• Published 21st Sep 2012
  • 1,132 Views, 58 Comments

Thirty-ish Minute Pony Stories - Abecedarian



Stories submitted to the Thirty Minute Pony Stories Tumblr - They vary in quality, but at least they're all short.

  • ...
1
 58
 1,132

PreviousChapters Next
I Guess I Lost My Spring (Prompt #143)

TMP Prompt #143 - “When I Don’t Remember You.”

Prompt: Somepony remembers. But at what cost?

-

I Guess I Lost My Spring

Suddenly they came over the ridge! Thousands of them!

It was what every rock farmer always feared in their heart of hearts.

A stampede.

The carnage was horrible. Rocks slammed into each other, sending chips flying everywhere. Smaller rocks were run over, smashed to pebbles by their maddened elders.

Pinkie felt woozy with disgust and fear.

“What coulda spooked them?!” Ma strained to speak over the infernal rumbling. “They’re usually so calm!”

“I dunno!” Pa said. “But don’t worry! We got the high ground! They can‘t get up here!”

Plink.

“What’s that?” Inkie looked to the back window.

Plink-plink.

Pa turned, face white with horror. “No.”

The glass shattered inward as dozens of tiny rocks, painted black except for a slit near their tops, burst inside.

***

“…Ninja rocks?”

“To this day I have no idea what we were thinking when we bred them. I mean seriously! They…They killed my whole family right in front of me. Only I survived to tell the tale.” Pinkie said. “The rocks captured me and let me live as long as I threw birthday parties for them.”

“Uh-huh,” Twilight said flatly. “And how’d you get away from them?”

“I ran out of candles (rocks are really really old), and slipped away when they let me get more. I’ve gotta keep my eyes out for them in case they come after me.” She looked at Rarity. “I thought Tom was one of them, but he’s cool.”

“I have no idea who or what you may be talking about.”

“What Ah asked…” Applejack rubbed her brow. “…Was why you were late.”

“Oh, well, I saw some colts playing marbles and it all came back to me.” Her eyes took on a faraway look. “…All of it…I thought I could forget it and get on with my life, but…” She trailed off.

“Poor Pinkie,” Fluttershy sniffled as she hugged her shaking friend.

“Even if your story was true, the rule is if you show up late you have to pay for everyone’s lunch,” Rainbow Dash said. “So pony up.”

“But I’m traumatized! All my old wounds have opened up, and the faces of my family are floating before me and blood and gore…and…oh, fine.” The pink pony reached for her bit bag. “It was worth a shot.”

PreviousChapters Next