• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 14,795 Views, 682 Comments

A Changeling Named Sin - Art Inspired



Princess Celestia finds a changeling in the palace. Can she go through with the execution?

  • ...
75
 682
 14,795

Part Five: She's Leaving Home

A Changeling Named Sin

She's Leaving Home


Dread is something that usually isn’t liked, nor wanted in the hearts of others, and for the most part, it’s something that nopony really worries about. However, one in particular, who’s dealt with the feeling knows her heart can’t stand the torturous emotion any longer. For too long, Sin’s contemplated the thought of escape without followers or pursuing guards after her tail, and with the death of her technical special somepony, things would never be the same for her if she stayed. Her mother, the other guards; they’d be threatened every day by her constant absorption of love and vital energy.

If she left, however, they could resume, regenerate their personal vigor, and understand why she left them years later. Thinking about it, for her not to leave would be immoral. Celestia was considering sending her to Ponyville, but that would just cause problems for other ponies over there as well. A thorough disappearance was what she needed, not a new area in which she could easily end up sucking the life out of yet another family.

Walking towards Luna’s chamber, her only friend that didn’t have the family-like love for her, she allowed tear after tear to run solemnly down, leaving a well noticeable, tiny puddle on the floor. Her hoof rose to knock, but had no need to do so as the door already opened. Luna stood, pearl eyed, and looking like she already heard the news of the departed soul Sin had undesirably took. “Sin,” she began, “I’m… so sorry for your loss.”

The changeling princess lowered her head and stared at the ground. Her words of apologies wouldn’t mean anything now, and Luna understood why. What had been done cannot be undone, and there was no changing things now. Silver Blade was dead, and his life, though it was well lived was gone.

“If I knew he was going to…” Sin’s voice crackled and kept shifting pitches from high to low. The pain she felt in her heart was almost unbearable. Things seemed out of place for her, and the only way to stop the hurting she felt was to leave; run away and never return. “Please, Luna, you have to remove this spell that my mother placed on me, and don’t tell her where I’m going. I’ll live off the love that looms in the forests. I’ll feed on the food Equestria grows from the soil, but I will not live here, where I can oh, so easily harm others.”

The night time ruler turned her head and illuminated her horn. Swirling, crescent amber waves of a darkly hued blue swirl circled in loops, surrounding the depressed changeling until they all aligned with her horn. Three tugs on a petite, pallid and beige orb was all it took to force the enchantment out of Sin’s being.

As it dissipated into ashy winds and blew out the openings that could be found to the left of Sin, Luna said, “Follow me, please.” The two entered the princess’s balcony, and in the distance, she could see large trees spanning far and wide. This would be her destination, the place she needed to aim for.

"Wow," Sin said.

“The Everfree Forest…" Luna turned with a raised eyebrow. "The home of many odd animals is your best bet, but be warned,” Luna instructed, turning to gaze at the still slightly sobbing mare, “it is the home of many wild and dangerous beasts. We haven’t been there for quite some time, me and my sister… but we believe it’s still safe. Fly in the night with haste, for once my sister awakens, the guards will be departed instantaneously."

Sin looked out, her wings rising up. "Alright..."

"They will be looking for you in all the major cities as well, forests alike. You’ll probably only get a good head start if you keep going through the day and night, and yes, they will most definitely be chasing you into the woods. They will stop at nothing to retrieve you. If they do, you will probably never get this opportunity again.” Bowing her head, the princess thanked her aunt and summoned a note to leave for her mother. After finishing it, she spread her wings and hummed off, into the safety of Luna’s evening.


The dark air rustled against her, almost pleading the mare to return to the safety of Canterlot, but this was unacceptable. She fought the gusts all the way. Hours into the night, she flew, headed for the forest while Luna observed the little spot grow smaller and smaller, until it finally disappeared.

With Sin being too far from the city now, the princess of the night understood that this wasn’t her choice; it was an enforcement of her soul. If she left, then the civilians, family members, friends and any other loved ones would no longer be threatened. Not to mention, if she stayed, they’d all be in danger by her mere presence.

The second somepony falls in love with the gorgeous mare, she becomes a hazard, and a problem to whoever it may be. Celestia herself has been under the worst pressure due to the ever growing love for her daughter. It was time she ran away, and possibly, never returned.

Soaring high in the clouds, she spoke to herself, trying to clear her mind of what she was doing. “I know I’m different in all sense of the word. A golden maned changeling was never spotted during the invasion, and I know this because I’ve researched it myself. I absorb about ten times more love than any other changeling, even Queen Chrysalis herself!"

She remembered the words of mer mother from years ago when she first learned about the Canterlot changeling invasion. "Chrysalis intended to take everything that was of value to her and the others. That was love."

She shook the thought away. "If I stay in the palace much longer, I’ll never be able to get the answers I seek, and this might be the only way I can learn about my origins and get valid information on it.”

Hours of flying weakened the mare, and soon, just on the edge of the forest, her wings gave out. Landing roughly on the terrain, her head looked around, taking in her surroundings. Her eyes were half open, and soon, she felt herself pass out due to over exhaustion. It'd would be day time soon, and the princess of the sun would be awaking any moment to raise her star like she did every other day.