• Published 28th Aug 2022
  • 1,246 Views, 103 Comments

Sonic: Make Your Mark - Idiotboy24

  • ...
12
 103
 1,246

Meet the Crew

Maretime Bay

The pleasant streets of Maretime Bay were something of a spectacle, they were wide, beautiful and most of all fun to run through.

This is how Sonic felt whenever he went through Maretime Bay, not caring about the world around him. The feeling of freedom had never been so strong in all his life, everything was perfect aside from being stuck on a different planet thing.

He wore white gloves, red shoes that had golden buckles along with a thick white line going across them, and a bracelet that had a glowing green orb on it that was on his right hand.

He arrived up on top of a building’s roof and leaned over the edge, smiling down at the residents. He then saw something at the corner of his eye, and faced you.

“Hey how you doing? I see you’ve come to here to spectacular Maretime Bay!” He shouted raising his arms into the sky gesturing to the whole town.

“But in all honesty, as much as I love this place. The thing that makes it all worth it are the residents, more specifically five certain ponies.” He hopped off the roof and landed in the street.

He began walking down and waved to the occasional pony that walked by. “And let me tell you. They are some of the greatest friends, I’ve ever met… aside from my friends at home.”

He grew a sad tone but shook his head and smiled again. “But let’s not get sappy, and let me introduce you to the crew.” He gestured to the group of four ponies standing there ahead of him.

“First we have Sunny Starscout. The one who owns a lighthouse and is the main reason we have Magic back again.” We see a Apricot furred pony with a purple mane with rainbow hair, while also wearing a saddle bag.

“Next is Izzy who is the first pony friend I made here, she is very optimistic and fun. She also has amazing crafting skills.” The purple unicorn named Izzy stood there next to to Pipp who was holding her phone.

“Then we have Sheriff Hitch, a guy who cares a lot about others and the Law. And he also has a strange habit of talking to critters, but it’s pretty amusing.” A light amber earth pony with a belt thing of sorts, wrapped around him. It even had a badge attached to it.

“Then we have Princess Pipp, who is very much addicted to social media. If you get past how she acts on the outside, you can see she is really nice and caring.” There stood a pink pegasus with a purple mane, a small tiara around her head and a phone in hoof.

“And here comes the last one.” Sonic spoke aloud as he pointed at the sky.

A white pegasus landed on the ground near the group spinning a microphone. “There she is. Princess Zipp, she is very much like me in many ways. And I love how much energy she has.”

“But when looking at the bigger picture I love ‘em all, they’ve been nice to me. So I might as well return the favor, and we’ve been living out best lives.” He stopped walking and didn’t realise the group was near him.

“Uh… Sonic? Who are you talking to?” Pipp asked. Sonic faces her, with a smile. “I don’t know.” The pegasus sighed but smiled anyway.

“So can you explain what happend, while I was on my way over?” He asked them, to which Zipp replied. “Yeah we can. So basically it went like this.”


Basically the opening scene. I had written it but for some reason it didn’t save so I'm not writing it out again.

But to sum it up, Zipp goes to Zephyr Heights castle, sneaks in to get a lucky microphone and then flies to Maretime Bay.

That good enough, well glad you enjoyed it cause I’m not writing out that scene again.


Maretime Bay

“And after that I saved some Pegasi from falling, arrived here and now we’re all caught up.” She finished, Sonic smiled.

“That sounds awesome. More exciting than my morning.” He joked.

Pipp then voiced her annoyance. “What took you so long? Don't tell me you were sneaking around the palace again.” Zipp winked at her younger sister and walked over to Sunny.

“You know you can just enter through the main doors. It's our house.” Zipp gave Sunny the microphone. “But if Mom knew I was there, I'd get stuck doing one of her random princess lessons.”

“Good point.” Pipp replied, losing annoyance.

“True dat.” Sonic added quickly, getting a giggle from the Pegasus. “Okay, Sunny. Just remember. Pretend you're talking to us and not, like, all of Equestria, and you'll do great.”

Sunny was very nervous, to which Sonic noticed and walked over to his friend, he then placed his hand on her shoulder. “Listen don’t worry, just imagine all of the ponies in front of you being completely naked and… wait they’re already all naked aren’t they.” The group got a laugh from his mess up.

He facepalmed. “Forgot that this is a different world, and the fact that quote doesn’t work here.” He then walked back over to the group.

Sunny however was still stuck but Pipp aimed her phone camera at her friend. “You’re live…” The sound of a beep became audible, indicating the recording had started.

“…Now!” Sunny regained herself and was brought out of her stupor. “Like, "now" now?” Pipp nodded to which Sunny began. “Uh... Hey, everypony! I'm Sunny Starscout, and I live here in Maretime Bay with my friends. A lot has changed around here in the past few months. Maretime Bay used to be the place just us Earth ponies live, just like how unicorns always stayed in Bridlewood and Pegasi never left Zephyr Heights. But when we found the three Unity Crystals and brought them back together, it brought us back together! All pony kinds were reunited in friendship! Now anypony can live... anywhere! And... we have magic again!” She squealed.

“The best part about it, is that we made a new friend from a different world. And he’s been super nice to everyone.” The phone moved to Sonic who waved with a grin.

It then moved back to Sunny, and then moved over to Izzy.

After Izzy did some tricks with some apples, she then brought up Sunny’s powers. “Now you, Sunny. Show everypony what you can do.”

Pipp joined in. “Ooh, yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah! Turn into an Alicorn! That's an Earth pony, Pegasus, and unicorn all in one!” She aimed the camera back at Sunny who was nervous.

“Uhhh... You know it doesn't really work like that, guys. I can't just, uh... Anyway! The point is, magic powers or not, I think everypony can agree that our lives are way more magical now that we're together again.” Pipp popped out from the side.

“You know iiiiit! Okay, Sunny! Do the thing!” The style on the phone changed to promotions. “Do you like super fun times? Are you interested in learning more about Earth pony traditions and tasting local treats? Do you want to see ponies sing in a big concert?”

Izzy then jumped in. “Yes! You bet! And yeeees!”

It switched back to Sunny. “Then you should come to our annual Maretime Bay Day Festival! For a day of fun in the sunshine! It's going to be a blast! And I'm not just talking about the fireworks show. All pony kinds are welcome!”

Hitch then came over and grabbed the phone. “Oh! Oh! I love Maretime Bay Day! You gotta come check it out! The live Maretime music! The sand castle contest! The caramel ponycorn! Ah! It's the best!”

Sonic who was confused spoke up. “Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah! Could you um… please elaborate on what exactly Maretime Bay day is.” He asked.

The group went silent. “You don’t know about Maretime Bay day?” Hitch asked, Sonic shook his head. “No I don’t, after all I only just got here recently and have only known about T.U.E.S.Day.”

This caught the group off guard but due to this, a bird came down and took Pipp’s phone. “Hitch, my phone!” Pipp yelled.

They began going after it, and Sonic looked back at you. “Now that your all caught up. Let’s see how this all unfolds.” He refocused back ahead of him, with intent on catching the bird.

Author's Note:

Introductions are in order, like always.

Anyway the bit where Sonic talks to the audience is a reference to The Bad Guys opening.

Anyway hope you enjoy this chapter.