• Published 28th Aug 2022
  • 1,246 Views, 103 Comments

Sonic: Make Your Mark - Idiotboy24

  • ...
12
 103
 1,246

Chasing the Bird & Posey the Earth Pony

Maretime Bay

The group ran after the bird, making sure to avoid crashing into anyone along the way. Sonic who would normally run faster, held back due to an incident that involved him knocking over things as he ran past them.

Pipp and Zipp flew after the feathered animal, it then began flying near the ground around ponies making Zipp have to dodge them.

She and the bird flew up and Zipp almost caught it, but it then dived down. It flew through the train cart that was currently moving, causing Zipp to do so as well.

Sonic quickly jumped into the air and dived down onto the roof of the train cart, he rolled and got back on his feet. He continued running again, and jumped for the bird just missing it. Landing once more he and the rest of his friends continued the chase.


Grassfield: Just outside Maretime Bay

The chase led them out of town and towards a house in the distance, Sonic grew nervous as he knew who lived there. ‘I really hope she doesn’t get to angry... especially after what happened.’

The bird slowly lost its grip on the phone and dropped it, causing Izzy to activate her magic. She managed to catch it but it wasn’t fully working, she then tripped and slid forward into the garden that sat at the front of the house.

The group caught up and laughed. “Got it!” Izzy exclaimed, still holding the phone. The leaves covered her face as she blew them off smiling.

“Izzy please never change.” Sonic requested.

She replied. “That ain’t gonna happen.” She levitated the phone down in front of her, to see it was still recording. “Oh, hey, look. It's still on.” She laughed and Levitated it to Pipp’s hoof.

“See you at the festival.” Pipp spoke to the phone before ending the recording.

“You okay, Izzy?” Sunny asked the Unicorn who stood up.

“Oh, yeah, oh, yeah. I mean, a little ground glitter never hurt anypony.” She took off the remaining leaves in her mane and giggled.

“Well, thank hoofness for magic.” Sunny commented, the others inputted their agreements except for Sonic.

Izzy who had walked over next to Sunny, looked at the Hedgehog with curiosity. “What’s your opinion on magic Sonic?”

He faced her with a slight smile. “Well actually-“ He was cut off by a muffled voice, coming from inside of the house. “Well, I, for one...” They all turned to see the door open, and out stepped a yellow Earth Pony, with a pink mane and two green bows with one on her mane, and the other on her tail.

“…do not agree.” She glared heavily at the group, but none more so than Sonic who she seethed at. ‘She’s still mad at me… isn’t she?’ He asked himself.

Sunny walked onto the path and tried to apologise. “Is this about your flowers, Posey? It was an accident, but we'll fix them right away.”

But Posey wasn’t going to end it there. “No. What I meant was that I wish magic had never come back. And I'm not the only pony around here who thinks so.”

The group shared confused looks with one another, before facing Posey again. Sonic stood there with his right hand on his hip. “Uh, what do you mean?”

Posey rolled her eyes. “You Pegasi are always flying too fast! O-Or too low! Or too high up!”

The last one confused Zipp and Pipp a lot. “What's wrong with flying high up?” Pipp asked, Posey got into her face.

“Ugh! I just don't like it, okay?! And every time I'm at the market, there's some smug unicorn using their magic to shop!” She thought back to a recent event as she stood in front of Izzy.


Flashback

’I almost got hit in the head by a bag of floating apples yesterday!’

Posey dropped her smoothie as a Unicorn passed by with a bag of apples, she looked down at her now ruined smoothie before staring down the Unicorn angrily.

End Flashback


Posey’s House

“Magic is not very safe. At least not for the rest of us ponies who don't have it. Right, Sheriff Hitch?” She asked running up to him.

But he scratched the back of his head with a hoof, unsure of what to say. “Uh... I don't know if I would say that.”

Posey growled angrily, she was expecting a different answer than that. “Everypony's just... still learning how to use it. That's all. Magic takes practice.” Sunny explained.

Posey who had faced away from them, grew a snarl. “But that’s not the worst part… he is!” She pointed her hoof at Sonic.

“I’m the worst part?” The Hedgehog asked pointing at himself, aware of what she meant.

Posey faced him specifically. “You’ve put me and others through turmoil, because of your reckless actions!” Her teeth gritted as she tried not to lash out at him.

“Hey I’ve done way more reckless things in the past, and look I’m sorry for what I did ok.” But all words fell on deaf ears.

She turned back to her house and began walking to the door. But she took one last glance at the Hedgehog, before muttering one last thing. “I hate you.” She walked in and slammed the door behind her.

The group were left in confusion and shock, but Sonic was the one who felt it the most. She hates him still, and it didn’t seem like it was going to go away. “I really did mess up.” With that said he began walking away back to the town of Maretime Bay, in silence.

The group noticed his change of attitude, it was almost guilt driven. But they couldn’t speak to him as he had already made significant distance.

“Okay, wow! She was really nice, right guys?” Izzy asked, Zipp and Pipp felt uncomfortable and followed Sonic back to the town, Hitch followed soon afterwards.

Izzy quickly fixed up the flowers and the mailbox before taking off after the others. “Oh! Come on, Sunny! Let's go home!” Izzy called to her friend.

Sunny watched as her Unicorn darted down the path, she looked through one of the windows of Posey’s house and saw her staring.

She closed the curtains angrily, showing she wasn’t going to get involved. “Don't worry, Posey. I'm gonna find a way to show you and everypony else just how awesome magic can be.”

She began walking back to Maretime Bay with a thought lingering at her mind. ’I wonder why she hates Sonic, I know it was because of something he did… but just what was it exactly?’

She shook her head and decided to ignore it for now. They still had a celebration to prepare for, and nothing was going to ruin it… hopefully.

Author's Note:

New chapter done.

Why does Posey hate Sonic well we will find out in time, also keep in mind that most of the Tell Your Tale episodes have occurred.

Also if you’re wondering why there are some changes from the trailer, and the story now. It’s because changes come along the way, and I wanted to give Sonic a bit more of an arc.

Which involves him having to become less reckless, and you’ll see that this is the beginning of that.

But anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and I’ll talk to you all later.