• Published 28th Aug 2022
  • 1,247 Views, 103 Comments

Sonic: Make Your Mark - Idiotboy24

  • ...
12
 103
 1,247

A truth that can’t be told

Crystal Brighthouse

The group were all having a fun time, baking treats for Maretime Bay day. Pipp even had a new song planned for the event, Hitch came in not too long after and joined in on the fun.

Eventually they got to a question, that none of them knew the answer to. Where are Sonic and Zipp?

Turns out the answer, is closer than they think.


Crystal Brighthouse: Balcony

Sonic was still asleep, leaned up against the wall with arms behind his head, while Zipp was on the floor with her phone out. She looked like she wanted to sleep, but kept on going. “Hour five... Still nothing... ” She spoke to the phone.

The crystals sat there floating, with no change affecting them at all. Zipp Brought the phone closer to her face, and spoke again. “Hour five and one minute... Still nothing...” She closed the phone, stood up and sighed walking away.

“Maybe I was wrong. Maybe there's no pattern to it. Just a glitch. Ugh.” Then whirring noises came from behind, making her turn quickly to see what was happening.

Sonic stirred from his sleep, due to the sudden noise. “What is that noise… woah!” He was fully awake staring at the Unity crystals, drawing magic from below.

“What in the wingfeathers?” Zipp said to herself in disbelief, both of them curious to see how long it would last.


Crystal Brighthouse: Kitchen

Downstairs in the kitchen Izzy, Sunny and Pipp were all laughing, having a good time. Making treats and putting them into trays, Pipp even ate one that came towards her. And continued laugh alongside her friends, unaware of the magic that was being drawn from them, and moving toward the crystals.


Crystal Brighthouse: Balcony

Both Sonic and Zipp watched with amazement as the crystals continued, to draw in magic from below, but then they shined brightly. Temporarily blinding both Sonic and Zipp, who blocked out the blinding light.

They then regained their ability to see, and saw green vines grow around the glass walls, making their mouths drop in awe. Well Sonic was more or less just wide eyed, with a smile.

“Whoa! I don't believe this!” Zipp commented with excitement.

Sonic who smiled happily looked over towards her. “Let’s go tell the others!” She nodded and together they made their way down below.


Crystal Brighthouse: Kitchen

Once off the elevator, they both made their way downstairs quickly and landed in the room. “Everypony, quick! Come upstairs! You have got to see this!” Zipp called to them.

“Yeah it’s amazing!” Sonic added.

Izzy who was about to add something into the mixing bowl, dropped it as they all turned to their two excited friends. “There you two are.” Pipp exclaimed.

“What happened?” Hitch asked.

Sonic then ran over, and slammed his fists onto the table. “All I’m going to say is, that if we don’t move now! It’s gonna be gone, so let’s go!” They all flinched when he made contact with the table, but obliged and followed them.

‘Please don’t be gone when we get back!’ Sonic begged in his mind.


Crystal Brighthouse: Balcony

They all rode the elevator and reached the top, only to see nothing. Izzy was the first to speak. “Wow! What are we looking at?”

Sonic simply facepalmed. “Dang it, I jinxed myself!” Nopony reacted to what he said.

“There were all these vines growing on the wall! And they were glowing!” Zipp explained, Everyone except for Sonic we’re confused. “Glowing vines?” Pipp asked still confused.

“Okay. I have a confession. I've been monitoring the Crystals, and I think something is wrong with them.” Zipp finally told them, no longer wanting to keep it secret.

Sunny was the first to react. “What?! No, there isnt.”

Sonic frowned her way, taking note of how dismissive she had been. ‘Man she has got to pay more attention!’

“None of you have noticed that magic seems kinda weird lately? Like it keeps switching off or something.” The others stood there thinking.

Izzy raised her hoof to her chin, and then replied smiling. “Nope!”

“Me, neither.” Pipp said.

Zipp was in disbelief but none more so than Sonic, who seemed like he was questioning how they haven’t noticed. “Really?” Sonic asked.

“Sorry, guys.” Pipp replied as she pulled out her phone.

Zipp turned her attention to Hitch. “Hitch? I saw what happened at the beach the other day. Didn't you take—?”

Hitch suddenly jumped at that. “What?! I didn't take anything at the beach!”

“...down a report?” Zipp finished, confused as to why Hitch reacted that way.

“Oh. Right. A report. Actually, that reminds me. Gotta go file that report!” Hitch lied as he went down the elevator nervously, Izzy and Pipp followed after him.

“Hey, you wait a second! You were gonna teach us how to make life-sized gummy bunnies!” Izzy yelled on her way down.

Zipp faced Sunny. “I know it sounds weird, but I know what I saw! And what I've been seeing! Like the other day, when I was flying back from Zephyr Heights, these two Pegasi crashed into each other, and I think it—!” But Sunny interrupted.

“I'm sorry, Sonic and Zipp. I've been so caught up in all the festival planning. This is all my fault.” Sunny admitted.

Sonic raised a brow. “Are you apologising about the magic glitching?” He asked.

“Magic is not glitching.” Sunny scoffed.

“But you said it yourself. Your Alicorn magic keeps appearing randomly. You don't find that strange? At all?” Zipp questioned.

“No, I-I think that's just because I'm still learning. We all are.” Sunny answered, having trouble saying it.

Sonic looked on disappointed at her. “Sunny, I’m gonna be honest with you right now. And let me tell you, I’m going to hate myself for saying it to you.”

He breathed heavily, and began. “Listen just because Maretime Bay day is coming, doesn’t mean it’s priority number one. And what I will say is that, I don’t care for it right now.” He admitted making her gasp.

“Why would you say something like that?!” Sunny asked with slight anger.

Sonic frowned but continued. “Because there is something amiss here, and Zipp is trying to figure it out. I’ve only recently acknowledged that, and I’m gonna help her.

But if your gonna sit around and work on something, that could go to waste because you did nothing to help prevent the problem, then you’re no better than the ones who caused it in the first place.”

Sunny for once was silent, while Zipp watched in awe. “But most of all, the one thing you’ll realise that hurts more, is that you dismiss how your friends feel about it.” He then pointed at their Pegasus friend.

“Zipp has been trying to figure it out, and when she finally tells you and everyone else about it, you immediately dismiss it because you’re so caught up, with something that means nothing compared to herself and the issue.”

The blows kept coming and Sunny was both shocked and amazed, by what he said. But she didn’t dare interrupt.

“And you are an Alicorn for gods sake, with the ability to help us. And I get it, you’re still trying to figure it out how to control it, but even with that in mind you still hold the ability to do something about the situation.

Cause here’s the thing. ”With great power, comes great responsibility.” And it’s something you don’t seem to understand, all that well.

If I’m sounding to harsh, let me reiterate. ”I hate saying this to you.” But I have to be honest with you right now, and if I don’t do that. Then that’s on me, for not telling the truth to you.”

Sunny finally responded. “Look Sonic, magic is magic. We are all still learning it okay, just please understand.” She stated.

Sonic’s body started to glow a blue aura with his fists clenching, and teeth gritting but it died down and he reverted back to normal. “Fine go ahead continue to have fun, but don’t come whining to me if things go wrong.

Because that’s not on me that’s on you.” He began walking away, after his cold comment. “Wait Sonic aren’t you, worrying to much?” Sunny added.

Sonic faced her again, and she saw his disappointment. “I made the same mistake one too many times before, and nearly lost those close to me…” This made both Sunny and Zipp keep silent.

“…and I don’t want the same happening to you or me ever again.” He went down the elevator disappearing from sight, Zipp looked at Sunny with concern.

But flew down with the Hedgehog, leaving Sunny in deep thought. She then began to feel really guilty, and also took note of how of how cold Sonic had been.

She knew she had to go and apologise to the both of them, and try and make up for her actions.

Then a thought came to her mind. ‘The way he acted so cold and serious, that felt terrifying especially coming from him.

It’s the same as how it feels worse to disappoint your parents, than to make them angry.’

After thinking it over, she proceeded downstairs and went looking for both Sonic and Zipp. To hopefully apologise.

Author's Note:

The tension begins to show, and things seem to be getting worse.

One thing I feel like the special didn’t really cover all that well, was how Sunny was really dismissive to those around her.

Especially Zipp. But hopefully this works, also Sonic wasn’t trying to be mean here. It’s even said by him, that he hated saying it.

So I don’t want comments saying Sonic calling out Sunny was really harsh, cause he hated saying it to her.

Either way hope you enjoy the chapter.

Also teaser for the next story is right here: https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/997037/story-after-sonic-make-your-mark