• ...
3
 9
 461

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6: Enhanced Snuggle Therapy

The teal unicorn filly widens her eyes in the doorway, “Really? So, what is it?”

I sigh and set the sparkly blue bullet pipe down on the table and decide not to lie to her, “Okay, fine! I was smoking dope! Uh, it helps me relax and calms all the loud thoughts in my head…”

Jessi frowns, “Were you having issues with that?”

I sigh and stare downward, “Uh, not really? It’s just been awhile and I was craving a joint when I woke up…”

“So, it’s an addiction?”

I raise my head and turn it left to frown at the other filly, “Well, I can go for days without smoking and probably quit if I really wanted to? But that’s the thing! I’d rather not!”

She lifts her left eyebrow, “So, it does help you, but you don’t want to quit?”

I smile at her, “Well, that’s why you need to control your habit when you’re doing this sort of thing! When smoking devil weed suddenly becomes more important is when you need to slow down!”

She raises her gaze at me, “Okay, that’s fine Twinkle! I trust you!” she smiles, “Just finish up what you were doing and meet me at the table, okay? I love you!”

I stare blankly at this other filly and blink my eyes, “Will do!”

The doorknob glows yellow and soon shuts to hide Jessi and I’m once again alone in my room. I turn my neck back to the small round wooden table in front of me and sigh, “You know, I only wanted a few hits earlier, but now, I’m gonna smoke what’s left in the bowl!”

<*****>

I sat down at the table with the larger bluer unicorn on my left. My two bizarre tacos containing orange fruit with pineapple and coconut sits on the table in front of me. Izzy smiles at me and says, “A tropical delight, the book says!”

I stare at the plate wide-eyed and mechanically say, “Of course! Yes! Right!”

Izzy frowns, “Is Twinkle gonna be awhile? I mean, should we just start eating, or?”

I reply, “Twinkle is smoking devil weed! She should be done in a minute!”

Izzy nods, “Oh! Okay!”

I eyeball the other unicorn carefully, “Did you know Twinkle was smoking devil weed?”

She frowns, “Um, maybe? Kinda, sorta?” she blinks, “Uh, it’s a strong possibility!”

“How did she start smoking devil weed, anyway?”

<*****>

I trot out after doing what I just did, and I feel a bit lighter as my head buzzes a bit from the herb and I hear Izzy say, “Well, I’m actually not sure when she started?” she sighs, “Okay, I smoke too and she kinda caught me firing up a blunt! She very nicely asked if she could join me and well, I just couldn’t say no!” Izzy leans forward and widens her eyes. “She’s very persuasive!”

As I trot closer, I see the teal unicorn filly smile up at the older horned pony, “So, I’ve noticed! Well uh, try to keep her from going overboard, okay Izzy?” she sighs. “Twinkle is one of the few things in this world that I really have, and I don’t want her messed up!”

At this point, both ponies suddenly notice me trotting into the foyer with the kitchen table maybe 10 feet from my small body on the floor. I stop to stare up at Jessi on the left and pout cutely as I say timidly, “Golly! You care about me, huh?”

The green unicorn turns her head right to face me and widens her eyes, “Yes, Twinkle! You are very important to me!” before blinking as if she suddenly had some grand realization

I smile up at her, “I’ll try to limit myself, okay?” while thinking about how I’m going to kindly request a blunt from Izzy after Jessi leaves later.

<*****>

I suddenly realize that I care about Twinkle while asking her to take it easy when she smokes… I furrow my brows in thought when I think that ever since my parents died, I haven’t really had that sort of connection with anypony before…

She sits down at her plate to my right and says, “Okay, by golly! Now that that’s taken care of, let’s eat some funky mango tacos!”

Izzy raises her neck to the other filly and says, “Don’t forget the hot sauce!” before causing the red bottle on her right to glow and float over the table to Twinkle where it lands in front of her and stops glowing. Izzy smiles at the pegasus, “Try it! It’s good!”

I see Twinkle holding the open bottle in her forehooves while shaking it to coat the top of the tacos with red sauce and then, she lifts the taco before I stare over at Izzy and say, “She says she smokes it to quiet her loud mind…” I blink, “Do you have a special reason too, or?”

Izzy just smiles down at me while Twinkle bites into her creation, “Me? Uh, not really?” she moves her red eyes towards the ceiling, “I mean, it IS a great way to relax after a long day of arts and crafts, though? So uh,” she adjusts her eyes towards me, “that’s why I do it, anyway!”

Suddenly, Twinkle raises her head and breathes fire out of her mouth as we two unicorns stare on! She quickly runs to the back kitchen behind her with tears in her eyes!

Izzy smiles at this, “AW! She’s so happy her friend Jessi cares about her that she’s crying!”

I eye this other unicorn and say, “Uh, I don’t think that’s it? I’d better go check on her!” before scooting my chair back and dismounting on the right before turning that direction to trot towards the kitchen, where I soon witness Twinkle with her snout in the fridge as she’s pouring milk down her throat with her forehooves while standing on her haunches… I furrow my brow, “I guess you should take it easy on the hot sauce?”

She lowers the bottle of milk right-side-up on her floofy chest while hanging onto it, “I swear! Sometimes I think that unicorn wants to kill me!”

I smile and chuckle, “I don’t think that’s it? I think she can just handle spicier foods than you!”

She widens her eyes, “Well, right! And hey! You don’t have to if you don’t want to, okay?”

I widen my eyes, “What do you mean?”

“I’m saying just because I smoke devil weed doesn’t mean you have to… It’s just something between me and Izzy, alright?”

I smile and normalize my eyes, “Well, of course, I know that! Just because we’re besties doesn’t mean we have to do all the same activities! I don’t really fly either!”

She narrows her eyes, “But you don’t have wings?”

I nod, “Exactly! So that’s another activity we’re not gonna be doing together!”

She widens her eyes again, “So, you’re not mad?”

I frown, “No! Why would I be mad, Twinkle?”

She sighs, “I don’t know? I tried to keep my special activities a secret from you, so you wouldn’t think any less of me…”

I smile, “Hey! It’s okay Twinkle! I love you!”

She beams back, “Golly! You really are a wonderful friend, you know?”

I take two paces towards her and embrace her in a tight hug! It’s so strange to me too, because only when I discovered her special habit, did I come to realize that I do care about this other filly…

<*****>

You know, I was under the impression that this other filly would disown me for life or burn me at the stake for heresy when and if she discovered what I and Izzy like to do together and I can only stand there in abject shock as she held me in her hooves, before finally regaining my composure and returning the hug with my own forehooves.

She releases me and stands there on her hooves, staring at me with her peach eyes and saying, “It’s okay, Twinkle Shine! You’re still my friend, no matter what you do!”

At this point, I start to feel warm and fuzzy inside…

<*****>

I stared at the pink pegasus there sitting on the crimson pillow on her haunches, with the glass-tipped king joint in the cleft of her right forehoof as she brought it to her mouth and made the cherry glow with her inhalation and the paper visibly burned and got darker from the resin now contained therein… She exhales overhead and lowers her gaze at me to smile, “You know, I still don’t know why you wanted to watch me do this?”

I watch her carefully from my position on the blue pillow 4 feet from her, “I just wanted to see what you do to make sure you’re okay, Twinkle!” I blink, “I do care about you!”

“Um, obviously!” She replies before bringing the joint to her mouth for another drag…

I smell the pungent aroma of this burning herb and can’t help but note the earthy scent as I ask, “So uh, how often do you normally do this?”

She exhales between us, and I once again smell the scent of the burning devil weed in the air, “Oh, I usually fire up with Izzy at certain times. You know, it’s a good thing I read that book on how to roll a joint with hooves!” before smiling, “I don’t really have any magic!”

My head starts to feel lighter as I smile back at her and say, “Well, right! But yeah, you’re not really going crazy or anything? You’re just smoking your joint!” as she inhales from the glass tipped joint, held in the cleft of her hoof once more.

She exhales between us, and the familiar scent soon wafts by my snout, “Uh, I can’t believe I want to do this, now!” before turning my neck left towards her bed and asking, “Can I borrow your blue stuffy, Twinkle?”

Her eyes widen in my periphery as I witness smoke coming from her mouth, “Uh, sure Jessi! What did you have in mind?”

I concentrate on the blue pegasus plushie with it’s rainbow mane and force it to glow blue before rising over the bed in the air and floating towards me, where I open my forehooves to catch the precious stuffy and then proceed to hold it tightly to my chest fluff as I stare forward at a perplexed pink pegasus and begin to smile and close my eyes in snuggly bliss as I feel the softness of the plushie’s body against mine…

She stares at me blankly while lowering the joint on her right and slowly exhaling smoke from her nostrils, “Uh, Jessi! You okay over there?”

I giggle, “This stuffy is soft and it smells like my best friend! I like it!”

<*****>

As I kept my eyes wide and brought the now mostly smoked joint to my mouth for another draw, I gazed at this unicorn carefully when it suddenly dawns on me that she’s been inhaling my secondhand smoke and likely has a contact buzz… As I kept the warm hit in my lungs, I couldn’t help but think that she is rather adorable there, snuggling my stuffed pegasus and I also have another thought as I brought the joint to my lips once more… Well, we’ve already gone this far, and I think we’re both high now? I hold the hot drag inside my lungs for a moment before exhaling the smoke between us and gaze at her, “Hey Jessi! Can I have Rarity now, please?”

She raises her head from the stuffy and widens her eyes, “Oh uh, sure Twinkle!” before turning her neck left towards my bed and forcing the white unicorn near my pillow at the head to glow blue and rise from the sheets and towards me…

I grasp my soft friend with my right forehoof while my left now holds the joint from my mouth, and I then give Rarity two hits from the joint as Jessi watches me…

She asks, “Are you pretending to give Rarity hits off your joint, Twinkle Shine?”

“No!” I quickly and abruptly reply before bringing the joint to my mouth for another drag and soon feel hot smoke traveling into my mouth and down my throat…

She smiles while clutching her rainbow-maned companion, “I think it’s cute!”

I quickly exhale smoke between us once more and sputter and cough slightly, “Oh yeah! Well, you and Rainbow Head over there are adorable!”

She stares at me blankly after straightening her mouth, “I’m not adorable! Your mom’s adorable!”

I smile back as the drugs begin to creep into my mind, “My mom died two thousand years ago!” before bringing the little burning nub to my mouth for a final drag…”

She widens her eyes with a start as her forehooves loosen their grip slightly on the pegasus and she frowns, “Oh! I almost forgot! Uh, I’m sorry!”

I exhale the last puff of smoke between us as I bring the joint into my right forehoof and move it towards the small round table on my right with the awaiting glass ashtray and grin dimly at the startled unicorn, “Don’t be, Jessi… I’ve accepted it … That was my last life and there’s nothing left for me there…”

Her mouth straightens as I see her gulp and ask, “So uh, it’s okay?”

I place the glass tip into the tray as I smile and nod, “Yeah Jessi! It’s fine!”

She smiles back at me, “Uh, Twinkle?”

I lower my grin and widen my eyes, “Yes Jessi?”

“I kinda um…” She gulps again before adjusting her brown eyes in my direction, “wanna snuggle you and the stuffies now…”

I enlarge my eyes as much as I can and exclaim, “WHAT?” before keeping my mouth agape…

<*****>

I don’t know why, but after hearing Twinkle say that about her mother, I really wanted to hug and snuggle this other filly! I just don’t want her to feel alone! I tentatively say, “Well, this stuffy is just so soft and fluffy and fun to snuggle, that I just thought a bunch of them would be even better!” my head jitters as I continue, “And hey! We can now snuggle with each other, too!” while holding the soft pegasus plushie to my chest and grinning at her… I don’t know why my body feels all fuzzy suddenly, but the sensation is rather nice…

She blinks as she sat there on the red pillow on her haunches in the middle of her floor, “Snuggling?”

I can only smile and stare at her blankly like a pony possessed as I nod, “Yes, Twinkle! I really want to cuddle you, now!”

<*****>

I lay there on my left side, with my head on the pillow and her head on the spare that I kept inside my closet until just now… I say to her, “You know, this isn’t the first time we’ve been snuggling in bed together!”

She chuckles behind me as I feel her hooves vibrate against my body as I rest inside her clutches, “Yeah, it’s almost becoming routine now, right?”

I giggle as I bring the white unicorn plushie to my chest and smile as I say, “I really don’t mind… Hey, didn’t I hold you last time?”

“Yup!” She cheerily says from behind me…

I blink, “But now, you’re holding me…”

“That is also correct!” She chirps from my back…

“Golly, I sure like this better!” I say before holding Rarity to my body even tighter and moving my face from side to side while closing my eyes and grinning in snuggly happiness

“Well, I like being held too!”

At that point, I open my eyes as a new idea suddenly occurs to my smoked-out mind… I feel buzzed and relaxed between what I had just smoked and her holding me, and I do have good reason to believe that she’s feeling it too… I think, Why not make that better for her? Before finally saying, “Hey, Jessi! Would you let go of me now so I can turn to face you? I kinda um, wanna hold you now while you also hold me!”

The unicorn is silent while holding me in her hooves for a moment after loosening her grip before finally saying, “So I can feel good too?”

I nod, “Now you got it, Jessi!”

<*****>

I silently open the red door to the right with the knob in my pale blue glow and take two tentative paces in with my forehooves… I turn my head left to see these two fillies, now facing each other and snoozing in cuddled contentment, as they smile at each other from underneath the covers while several plush ponies surround them…

I calmly look out into the foyer to my left as a smile forms on my face and begin to float over my Ponysung Universe B-series smartphone to me in an azure glow and then, proceed to magically operate the touch screen once it’s close enough to me…

I open the camera app and then stare back at the screen as I move the phone horizontally to take a landscape shot and the phone makes a peculiar squawk noise as the picture is taken…

I then stare at the device intently as I use my magic to send the adorable picture to Pipp, Sunny, Hitch, and Zipp…

Twinkle stirs a bit in her slumber and moves her head side to side as it’s held there on the soft pillow and the phone soon chimes with a response text from Pipp asking if she can whine the photo on Whinny…

I maintain my smile as I magically reply “Sure! Go ahead!” with the touchscreen and hit the send button…

(To be continued…)

PreviousChapters Next