• ...
3
 9
 459

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30: The Next Morning

The unicorn withdraws her face and smiles at me while keeping my face firmly in her view with those sparkling red eyes of hers… I blink, “What did you just do?”

She starts and smiles brightly at me, “I kissed you!”

I keep my mouth agape as I wonder exactly what that means… “Why?”

She moves her head back slightly with that perky cheerful smile of hers, “Because I like you!”

I can only stutter, “I...I like you too, Izzy! But I wouldn’t kiss you!”

She frowns, “AWWW! Why not? I liked kissing you!”

I grimace hard at this fluffy horned pony before what she just did actually begins to hit me… “You like me?”

Her mouth normalizes and she nods, “Mhm! I like you and want to be with you, Sunny Chan!”

My face begins to go back to normal, “I uh, you what?”

She smiles and giggles silently, “Yup! I love you, Sunny Starscout!”

I blink and shake my head, “WHAT?

Her smile beams brighter as she says, “Yup! I love you!”’

I finally decide not to repeat myself as I glare back at this insane pony, “Uh, w-why?”

She continues smiling as she nods, “Well uh, you have a great personality and you’re fun to talk to and I bet you’re a terrific snuggler and a great companion and well, you got this smile that I really like and this cute glare in your eyes when you get all idealistic and just that awesome way you can just throw your wings up before you take off! I think that’s really cool! And…”

I cut her off, “Okay! I get it! I’m awesome and amazing! Right! Uh…” I stare at her carefully. “you’re a lesbian!”

Her eyes widen, “Well, yeah! That’s what it’s usually called when a female pony likes other mares! I am a lesbian! Yes!” and she nods.

I’m silent for a moment… “And you like me!”

Her eyes dart up, “Didn’t I already say that?” then back to me as she gleefully continues. “Yup! I like you, Sunny Starscout!”

I blink as I attempt in vain to process all of this and exactly what just happened… I stare at her smiling, pretty face and feel something unique at that point… I feel like I don’t want to disappoint her… I feel like, perhaps I should at least give it a shot? I look at her and say, “What?” before wondering why I just repeated myself?

Izzy glares at me with wide eyes and says mechanically with an even voice, “Yes, Command? I don’t think the target got the message? I believe we need to use more penetration?” as she furrows her brows and takes another pace to me with her forehoof to plant her lips on mine… Much closer now...

This time, it’s different… I stare into her crimson gaze and notice that it’s closing as I feel the warmth of her body near mine, and I can’t help but think that there might’ve been something I overlooked earlier, by this stage?

She withdraws her lips and I feel her warm breath on my muzzle as she whispers, “So uh, whaddaya say, new friend?”

By this point, my defenses have been breached and I can only smile and giggle before saying lightly, “You are such a lunatic, you know that?”

She moves her muzzle closer to mine for a nuzzle as she whispers, “I get that a lot!”

I can’t really say anything anymore… I can only counter-nuzzle and smile while suppressing giggles at this mad unicorn… Izzy had gotten through…

<*****>

I open the station door early in the morning at 5, before the sun begins to peak up in the east and I trot inside to lay down my saddlebags, before turning on the switch on my right through the door, to make the overhead light begin to shine and then, I head to the kitchenette area to make coffee…

Suddenly, before I can turn on the light, there’s an eerie fog that seeps in through the windows and into the room! A bright blue light from somewhere quickly glows on the dark filly on the other side of the room, near the coffee maker!

I see her coat is a bluish shade of midnight black and her the two long pigtails of her mane, white as a sheet! She looks at me and says with wide green eyes, “I am Nightmare Snack! Evil energy from the moon was able to infect me and make me evil, just like in the old legends! Yes! I was able to get in because I never had any close friends, like Twinkle Shine! BLEH!

By this point, I can barely suppress my giggles and smirk as I look at this adorable filly pretending to be evil, “Little Snack! What the hay are you doing?” before moving my right forehoof to the wall to make the lights glow overhead…

The eerie light stops and the fog begins to dissipate as she looks at me wide eyed in the light, as she tries to stammer out, “N-no! I am no longer Little Snack! I’m Nightmare Snack and I’m evil! RAWR!” as her body shakes angrily at me…

I’m probably grinning wider now as I giggle under my breath, “Knock it off Little Snack!”

She stares at me wide-eyed, “I’m evil! GRR!”

I giggle slightly more, “Talking to Twinkle Shine is THAT important to you, isn’t it squirt?”

She blinks at me and eagerly nods her head, “Oh, yes! Yes sir! I REALLY wanted to get to know her and find out how much she’s like Cozy Glow from beforebecause well, I like her…” she blinks again. “She’s one of the last links I have to home…

It suddenly occurs to me that this little orange filly has some sort of connection to Twinkle Shine? I can only sigh and finally say, “I guess Twinkle is special?”

She begins to smile, “Well, kinda, yeah! I mean, she’s really all I have left...”

I sigh at the dark filly and smile, “I guess I was kinda hasty to say you two couldn’t hang out?” my brow furrows. “But no more time without adult supervision!”

She beams a happy grin and bounces while shouting, “HOORAY!”

I sigh, “Now, let me go make coffee and I’ll get this new day underway!”

She gazes at me, “Uh, Hitch?”

I smile at the filly, “Yeah, Little Snack?”

She’s silent before saying, “Can we get something to eat? I’m hungry!”

I giggle, “You’re always hungry!”

She frowns, “No, I’m not! Sometimes I’m asleep!”

<*****>

I widen my eyes as I see the earth stallion and filly there through the window and think, If anypony could ever weaponize cuteness, it would be Twinkle Shine! Before getting off the crate I was standing on and beginning to trot back to Sunny’s where I’m staying and my friends are waiting…

I think about the fog effects and the creepy light I just made and remember what Twinkle said...

As I gallop and close in on the orange shack where Sunny lives in the early morning darkness, I think to myself about this ploy… And then as I open the door to the right with my magick, I trot in and think it’s so odd that Izzy stayed the night when she never said she was going to do that?

I eventually open the big blue door to my right and trot in my room to see the dark blue unicorn on the floor to the left and the pink pegasus filly on the right who looks to me and asks, “Well, how did it go?”

I say to her officially, “Well, Hitch saw right through it and didn’t believe she was evil for a second! He thought it was adorable!”

Twinkle grins, “Excellent!” her mouth normalizes. “But what did he say about Little Snack and me?”

I nod and stare at the pink filly, “You’re now allowed to hang out with adult supervision!”

Twinkle smiles brighter and nods, “I can work with that! I just need to get rid of them and we’re in business!”

I blink, “So, you didn’t want this to succeed?”

Twinkle giggles, “Of course not! I wanted Hitch to see right through it! What I wanted him to see was cuteness! If you’re cute, adults let you get away with a lot of things!”

I widen my eyes, “Oh, wow!”

She giggles silently, “Yeah! Just don’t get caught trying to take over Equestria! Trust me on this! It doesn’t matter how cute you are at that point!” before turning her body right to Misty. “Misty!”

Misty turns her neck and widens her eyes at Twinkle, “Yes?”

Twinkle nods, “Misty! Take a letter to Little Snack! Tell her she did a good job and to meet me at the stump in two days at 7, after dinner!” she sighs. “I just don’t know how long me and Izzy will be here?”

<*****>

(2 hours later...)

I hold the orange alicorn from behind and feel her fluffy shimmery wings against my body as I hold her lovingly and then feel her warm torso to mine as I whisper in her right ear, “Hey, Sunny!”

She whispers back, “Yeah, Izzy?”

“Can we stay like this forever? I love holding you!”

She giggles and whispers back, “I think our fillies might get concerned?”

I smile down at the back of her head and say, “Yeah! I’m sure Jessi, Misty, and Twinkle would all get along well here in my house…”

“Whoa! Slow down there, Turbo! We haven’t even been on a date yet!”

I giggle, “Yeah! I just keep thinking about life with you, though?”

She’s silent for a moment, “How long have you been thinking about this?”

I frown, “Oh, not too long? Only about eighteen months.”

“Wow! Izzy! You’ve had a thing for me?”

I smile and giggle as I’m now caught, “Yeah! Ever since I first met you in Maretime Bay all that time ago! There was always something about your smile that I liked…” before nuzzling the nape of her neck with my muzzle…

“He he! Stop it! That tickles!” She chortles.

“Oh why don’t you make me Miss Alicorn-Pants! He he he!” I say before nuzzling her some more and saying slowly. “Nuzzle! Nuzzle! Nuzzle!”

She continues to giggle and chortle, “You goofball jerk! He he he!”

Suddenly, there’s a knock on the door to Sunny’s room! I look up from where I’m still holding Sunny in my forehooves and say, “Come in!”

The door opens to reveal a small pink pegasus filly standing there… She looks at us with wide auburn eyes and says, “Uh, mom! You’re snuggling Sunny!”

I can’t help but think that this is actually a lot more awkward than I first thought it would be as I stare at the filly over my left shoulder and say, “Yes, Twinkle Shine! I certainly am!”

She frowns and stops a moment before finally asking point blank, “Are you two lesbians now?”

Sunny says from within my hooves at my front, “Twinkle! We just discovered things about ourselves and we’re coming to terms with that! Go outside with your friends and we’ll be there in a few minutes!”

“Oh, golly! Um, it’s fine if you are lesbians! I mean, I think it’s kinda cute! He he!” The filly says before shutting the door again with her right forehoof…

Another moment passes before Sunny says, “We got fillies now, don’t we?”

I nod, “Yes we do!”

“And we need to explain this to them now, don’t we?”

I nod again, “This is also true!”

UGH!” She loudly groans and I can almost feel her eyes rolling at this point…

<*****>

I stare at the three fillies as Izzy stands at my right in the living room… Izzy’s blue couch is just beyond them, near the window… I suddenly wonder where the green couch from earlier went when I gaze at the fillies and say, “So, Izzy decided that she liked me and so now we’re going to try being in a relationship together!”

Jessi excitedly squeaks from the left, “Wow! They’re lesbians!”

Twinkle nods from her hooves in the center, just before the coffee table, “Told you!”

Misty beams from the right as she looks at both of us with wide interested eyes, “So uh, have you two kissed yet?”

Jessi gazes up at us, “Yeah! I mean, just how far have you two gone?”

Twinkle rolls her eyes, “Oh, golly!”

Izzy gazes at me from the right, “They’re taking it very well!”

My eyes go skyward as I groan again, “Ugh!” then back to the fillies. “Izzy confessed to me and kissed me already!”

Izzy snaps up, “Twice!”

I blink, “Uh, yes! Izzy has kissed me two times already!”

At that point, all three fillies say in unison, “AAAWWWWWW!!!!!

I avert my gaze back right to the fluffy unicorn, “This is actually a lot more annoying than I thought it would be!”

She grins and giggles, “I love you, Sunny!” before leaning 8 inches at her side to chance a nuzzle…

I smile and giggle slightly as I say lowly, “Stop it! The fillies are watching!”

And together, all three fillies once again say, “AAAWWWWW!!!!!

Jessi squeaks, “I think it’s cute!”

Misty chirps up, “Definitely!”

Twinkle rolls her eyes and repeats herself, “Oh, golly!”

I stare up at Izzy, “Okay, let's get this over with before this gets any worse! You make coffee and I’ll get breakfast!”

Izzy blinks, “Well, the fillies usually drink juice?”

Jessi chimes in, “I drink coffee!”

Izzy nods and says, “Okay! Aside from Jessi, the fillies usually drink juice!”

“Right! You just go do that now…”

Izzy nods, “Right!” and continues staring at me…

“Uh, Izzy! We’re going to go make breakfast now! Why aren’t you moving?”

Izzy smiles, “Just one thing!” before slowly and lovingly coming near me so I feel her warm breath on my muzzle before she slowly kisses me for a third time…

At that point, my irritation only magnifies as all three fillies once again say together, “AAAAAWWWWW!!!!!

When Izzy breaks her mouth from mine, she grins at me as I cringe and say, “Fillies!”

Her eyes widen as she says, “What? I like the fillies!”

<*****>

I sit there on my chair, my belly full of the sugary cereal I just ate and I’m a little jumpy by this point as it’s my second cup of coffee. I sit there and quietly vibrate as Hitch continues, “What is it about Twinkle Shine?”

I blink and stare up at the stallion, “She’s just so much like Cozy Glow from earlier and well, Cozy Glow was my first real friend… Now, everything from my old life is gone and Twinkle keeps me connected, you know? She’s like the last piece before it’s all gone!” before grasping the white cup with my forehooves and gulping down some more of the warm caffeinated beverage…

He smiles, “I’m just worried about you, Little… I don’t want you to get hurt!”

I set my cup down and stare at him wide-eyed, “Oh, I’ve been hurt lots of times! I just need to heal and get better!”

He giggles, “Well, that’s not really what I meant, squirt!”

“Hey Hitch?” I ask the stallion…

He widens his brown eyes to me, “Yes Little?”

“You ever wonder what sort of bad guys are gonna capture you later?”

He smiles and chuckles, “Little! Drink your coffee! I got paperwork!”

I smile and reply, “Yes, boss!” before grabbing the coffee mug again for another mighty swig…

(To be continued…)

PreviousChapters Next