• ...
3
 9
 461

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31: The Trap

I sat at the table holding the black smartphone to my right floppy ear in my golden glow while the smaller greener alicorn sat across the table from me, happily sipping her blond coffee and staring at me… It truly was an awkward Monday morning!

Izzy continues speaking on my phone while I roll my eyes, “Yeah, and you’re so funny too! I always liked that about you!”

My eyes narrow, “Geez Izzy! I just wanted to know why you liked me! I didn’t need an entire essay on how great I am!”

She giggles, “Well, that’s just how I feel about you, Sunny!”

“I still think you’re a lunatic!”

“And I still think you have a cute smile! He he!” Izzy giggles…

“I can’t win, can I? It’s impossible!” I say while widening my eyes and I see Jessi suppressing a snicker on the other side of the table.

“Nope!” Izzy cheerfully replies!

“Ugh!” I groan and close my eyes. I open them again. “So uh, what now?”

“I don’t know yet! I didn’t think I’d make it this far!” Izzy says over the phone…

I finally smile and giggle, “What do you mean?”

The phone is silent for a moment, “Well, I didn’t think you’d actually WANT to be with me and assumed you’d say no…”

I frown, “What makes you say that?”

“Well, there’s the whole lesbian thing and the fact that we live in different towns and well, I didn’t think you’d want to risk what we already had by going further, but well, I kinda um, kissed you and here we are!”

“Why did you kiss me?”

“Well, duh! Because I like you, silly!” Izzy quickly responds…

“But uh…”

I think she sensed what I was feeling because at that moment, she cut me off and says, “Oh, don’t worry about it, Sunny! I wanted you and I got you! Nothing bad happened!”

I begin to smile faintly, “Yeah…”

“Something wrong, hun-baby?”

I widen my eyes and normalize my mouth, “Oh, nothing Izzy!”

I think she’s smiling as she replies, “Okay, babe-honey! Hey, I need to get to work on my project now! I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

I smile warmly at the phone as the other alicorn takes another sip of coffee with her magick, “I’ll talk to you later…” I widen my eyes. “I love you!”

“AWW! I love you too, hun-baby-honey-babe!” And then, I hear a click and the phone is silent as the green filly on the other side of the table grins at me widely…

She narrows her eyes and stares at me, “I heard what she called you…”

I set the phone on the table with my magick and stare at the filly, “So?”

She smiles wider and says whimsically, “It’s SWEET!”

I frown at her, “Have you eaten yet?”

Her eyes widen, “Oh, I had a bowl of cereal when Izzy first called you! I uh, didn’t want to interrupt!”

I nod, “Okay, that’s good! Ready to fly to school now?”

She nods and stares up at me with wide orange eyes, “Oh, yeah mom! I packed everything up while you and Izzy were talking about how much you love each other! He he!” she chuckles.

I narrow my eyes at the filly, “Uh, great! You run along now, Jessi!”

She snickers at me, “I think it’s cute!”

My eyes go to the ceiling, “I know you do! Now get out of here!”

She suppresses more snickering, “I love you, mom!”

My eyes go back to her, “I love you too, honey!”

She gets off her chair and trots around the table to hug me from my right and then, I hear the clacking of her hooves as she trots into the living room behind me…”

I sigh as I stare down at the icons on my screen, “What am I going to do with you?”

<*****>

I hear Izzy getting done with her mush conversation on her sparkly phone in the other room, and so, I take a final puff of my wake n bake joint before setting it back into the ashtray, knowing I need to head to school soon! I exhale a cloud of smoke in front of me and think that it’s almost time… I snuff out the nub making sure to save a few drags for later… Just in case as always…

I put on my saddlebags and trot out into the hallway and turn left to head towards the dimly lit foyer…

I notice the room is a bit sparklier now and I can only assume that Izzy had been making changes as I see her set down her Bluetooth earpiece onto the table and turn around to begin trotting away from me as she continues to happily hum to herself…

“Uh, mom!” I call out with my neck raised and eyes wide at this strange horned pony…

She turns her body to me and widens her red eyes from 20 feet away, “Oh, honey! You need to eat right quick before heading to school and pack your bags and…”

I cut her off while raising my right forehoof and tilting my head down, “I had a honey bun while you were romancing Sunny over the phone!” I lower it and look at her. “So, what are you gonna do now?”

Her eyes widen completely, “You know, everypony keeps asking me that! I don’t know? I’m just gonna play it by ear!”

“You know, she just now learned you have a crush on her… You should do something big so she knows it’s real…”

Her eyes brighten up as she smiles, “Oh goody! Time to get creative!”

I chuckle silently, “Okay mom! Let me get home from school, eat a snack, and puff a quick bowl! Then, we’re getting to work!”

She smiles warmly at me, “You wanna do something creative with me…”

My eyes widen when I suddenly realize the ramifications of what I had just said, “Well uh, yeah mom! It’s for you and Sunny!”

“You want me to be in love with Sunny!”

Oh, golly! Is that true? Do I really want my um, mother to have love? I think as I widen my eyes before stammering, “Uh, of course I do mom! I love you and want you to have uh, romance! Right! Romance and love and uh, happiness with being together with another pony, uh, right! Who happens to be a mare! Because apparently you’re a lesbian! Yes! Of course!” and then, smiling widely…

She grins whimsically and chuckles, “You didn’t think this through, did you?”

I frown when I realize I’m caught! “Um, of course I did! I am very calculating! This is all part of a ploy to make you uh, want to love Sunny more! Yes! Uh,” I blink as I’m not really sure where I’m going with this, “because you deserve to be happy… Yes!” before smiling again…

She smiles at me and I can already tell that the lie did not work at all and suddenly think that I really need to stop smoking immediately before heading out here! “Get your flanks to school, kiddo!”

I widen my eyes as I see my exit and reply cheerfully, “Yes ma’am!” and trot to her for a loving embrace before I begin the rest of my day…

<*****>

“Well, the mare who was taking care of me finally confessed that they weren’t my real parents… That they just randomly found me…” I sigh as I look down. “I don’t know why we have to talk about this now?”

Hitch sighs himself from behind his big wooden desk, “I just want to get the facts straight, squirt! You just saw a flash of light and then, you were in Twinkle Shine’s room?”

I widen my eyes at the stallion and nod, “Well, right! I was thinking about that field though… About all the times I used to play there and what that means now…”

He stares at me and widens his eyes, “What do you mean?”

I stare up at him, “Well, I played there when I thought they were my parents because I felt that’s where I belonged… But now, I realize that I never belonged there…”

He smiles at me, “Well, you belong here with me now, squirt… And maybe you belonged there once upon a time, but realized that wasn’t your place? Or maybe it’s based on the time of your life?”

I frown, “Huh?”

He nods, “Well, sure! I mean, you thought they were your parents, right?”

I blink, “Well, yeah!”

He leans towards me, “But they weren’t!”

“Well, no, not really…”

He looks at me in the eyes, “But they did take care of you, right?”

I sigh, “Well, mostly? I didn’t really get a lot of advice or guidance from er, the stallion and all the mare ever did was cook and clean… Not much for talking either…”

His mouth straightens, “But you’re not there anymore…”

I blink again, “Well, no! I’m with you now!”

He smiles, “Right! And we’re gonna take care of you!”

I eye this yellow stallion very carefully, “So, you’ll feed me and house me and help take care of me and help me when I have problems?”

He nods, “Of course!”

I stare at him carefully as I think about how to say this, “So, would that make you my dad, then?”

His eyes widen, “Oh, no! I’m more of a, uh, male caretaker than a father! Yes!”

I blink, “But isn’t caring for foals and helping them what dads do?”

He frowns, “Well uh, I think so?”

My eyes widen, “What do you mean, you think so? You act like you don’t know.”

His eyes go downward, “Well, if you must know, my father was never really around for me… He was always so busy protecting the citizens of Maretime Bay that I rarely ever saw him! My mother actually raised me, for the most part!”

I stare blankly at this stallion before saying, “Great! My dad doesn’t know what he’s doing!”

He raises his gaze to me, “But I never agreed to be your father?”

I widen my eyes, “So, you’re feeding and housing me, right?”

His eyes soften, “Well, yeah!”

I nod, “And you said you’ll help me with any problems I have and talk to me, right?”

He frowns, “Well, this is also true!”

I nod again, “Right! So you’re a dad, now!”

He eyes me carefully… “Little Snack! Do you want me to be your dad?”

I stare back at him and ponder on this as I didn’t think about that earlier, “Um, do you want to be my dad?”

He finally breaks down and silently giggles before smiling warmly at me… “I love you daughter!”

I widen my eyes at the yellow stallion as what he just said begins to be realized in my mind… I say the only thing I can at that point while my little orange body vibrates, “HOORAY!”

<*****>

“Honestly, I’m just glad we got a chance to get away from the fillies! I love them all to death, but I really wanted some time alone with you, you know?” I hear Sunny say as I see my adopted daughter flying in the air behind her… She stops a few feet behind Sunny and stares at me with enlarged pupils!

I stop and stare wide eyed at the pink pegasus filly floating in the air behind her and motion to the open pasture at my right with my head at her…

She floats with her little wings and smiles before nodding at me and winking with her right eye and then, turns left to begin flying out to the open pastures on my right here at this cafe on the edge of Maretime Bay…

I see her flying away from me in my periphery on the right as Sunny widens her cerulean gaze at me and asks, “Uh, are you okay, Izzy?”

I smile, “Oh, I’m just fine darling!”

She sighs, “Pet names! I’m still not used to that!”

I suddenly think it’s my moment to strike, and I decide to ask, “So, do you like it?”

She smiles at me, “Y-yeah… I think I do?”

“But?”

Her eyes widen as her smile lowers, “But what?”

I lower my view, “I like your butt!”

“We weren’t talking about my butt!”

I widen my eyes and look up at her, “Well, you brought it up!”

“N-no I didn’t! Izzy! Stop messing with me!” She growls as I smile and snicker at her!

I raise my head again, “So, you like pet names, then?”

She shakes her head and puts her view on me, “Y-yeah Izzy! I think I do! It’s just that, well, I never thought of you like that before, and I just don’t know what to think?”

“Perhaps that’s your problem?”

Her eyes widen as her mouth goes agape, “Huh?”

I grin while lowering my gaze with newfound determination, “You’re thinking with your head… You need to ask your heart Sunny Chan… Do you wish to be with me?”

Her eyes soften their gaze as she raises her head, “Do I want to be with you?”

I nod, “Mhm! But on some level you must, because you are here with me, right?”

She nods, “Well, yeah!”

I widen my eyes, “So you wanna be my marefriend!”

Her eyes enlarge again as she exclaims, “I didn’t say that!”

I grin and chuckle, “Well, we’ve been talking over the phone for about a week now and you’ve been very congenial and never once said no or I don’t want to be with you, so what do you think that tells me?”

She smiles faintly, “Yeah, I guess I shouldn’tlead you on like that?”

I frown, “What are you trying to say?”

She normalizes her mouth and eyes me carefully before finally replying, “I uh, I don’t know?”

I soften my face as I say, “Again, you are thinking with your head! Not your heart! What does your heart say?”

She stares at me blankly for another moment... “That I love you…”

I breathe out of my nose, “So, what more do you need?”

“I’ve never been in this sort of relationship before!”

I widen my eyes, “So?”

She breathes out her nose, “I… I’m sorry Izzy! I uh…” she blinks. “I guess I’d be willing to try?”

“Didn’t you already say that?”

She finally cracks a smile, “I uh, guess I did, didn’t I? Guess I shouldn’t go back on my word now?”

I grin with newfound zeal as I got her now! “Well no! You wouldn’t wanna be a dirty liar, now would you?”

She begins to giggle, “Uh, no! No I wouldn’t!”

Suddenly, I see a big poster come down from the awning on my right! It is about 15 feet long and 10 feet tall and it displays a big mural of me and Sunny together inside a colorful pastel mystical forest decorated with purple and pink and orange!

I hear a familiar squeaky voice come from above us, “Now is a good time! I uh, gotta get out of here! You two have fun!” before hearing some clacking above us and I soon see a small pink pegasus filly flying away in the upper section of my view to the right, just above the poster held there by rope…

I stare at Sunny wide-eyed and awkwardly before throwing my forehooves in the air on my seat, “Ta-da!” and smiling at her as wide as I can as I lean slightly to the left!

Suddenly, I hear more clacking on the floor behind me! I turn around to my left and see a small teal green alicorn there, looking up at me with wide burnt orange eyes!

Jessi smiles and says, “It’s okay! You can be my mommy too!” and then takes two more paces towards me and hugging me! I turn my head right back to the bewildered orange alicorn there and smile nervously at her as I wasn’t expecting this! “See? Everything is gonna be just fine!”

At this point, Sunny can no longer keep her composure as she breaks down in hysterical giggling, “You are such a lunatic!”

I lower my smile to more sincere levels, “A lunatic who loves you!”

Her cerulean eyes widen as she stares up at me and I feel the wind make my poster sway and as it blows through her mane to my right as she finally replies, “Well uh, y-yeah! I guess you do! Um…”

I let go of Jessi who goes back to her hooves on my left and she and I both stare at the orange alicorn, “Um, what, sweetie?”

She adjusts her pupils back to me, “Um, I guess I’d be willing to give it a try after all? I mean, if you’ll still have me?”

I smile, “No, Sunny! I spent four hours making a fancy mural with my pegasus daughter because I didn’t want you at all!”

She grins, “Such a lunatic!”

My eyes widen again, “So DENSE!”

She sighs and lowers her shoulders, “Yeah! I guess I have put up some resistance, now, haven’t I?” as Jessi begins trotting towards the edge on my right and she soon willfully falls off of it and I witness her body rising once more into my view as she begins flapping her wings to make her full exit…

I nod, “Yup! And I still made it through! So after dinner, you owe me a make-out session!”

Her eyes widen, “WHAT?”

I smile and giggle, “It’s just so much fun!”

She blinks, “Uh, are we really gonna uh, make-out?”

I start and widen my eyes, “AND play kissy face!”

Her eyes widen as her mouth goes agape, “WHAT?”

I sigh to the left while keeping a big smile on my face and then I look back at her, “Well uh, unless you don’t want to?”

She blinks as she leans forward, “Well, I mean, I wouldn’t be totally opposed to the idea, but uh, I’ve never made out with a mare before!”

My eyes widen, “Well uh, first time for everything?”

She smiles at me slightly, “Well, uh, alright Izzy!” she breathes slowly out of her mouth before adjusting her gaze back to me. “I guess we can try um, making out uh, if you really want to?”

My eyes widen, “Whoa! Can’t believe that actually worked!”

Her eyes widen as well, “What?”

I look back at her, “What?”

She smiles again, “Lunatic!”

I grin as well, “Pretty smile!”

<*****>

I see the pegasus filly standing there in the open field as she puffs her joint with her right forehoof… She exhales a cloud of smoke into the air and asks, “So, you did your part too, huh?”

I nod from about 8 feet away from her as I see the wind lightly blow the tall grass behind her to my right, “Yup! And you dropped the banner I see!”

She stares at me wide-eyed and says mechanically, “That was my job and I did it!” before bringing her joint to her mouth for another drag…

I wait for her to exhale smoke a moment later before finally asking her, “So uh, does this mean we’re gonna be sisters now?”

She nods, “Yup! You, me, and Misty, probably!”

I eye her carefully as she takes another drag from her joint… I eventually ask, “So uh, do you want to be my sister, now?”

<*****>

I trot across the foyer towards the red couch near the door to the kitchen with two warm fuzzy vibrating lumps on my back and I’m careful so as not to wake them! I stop just short of the sofa and lower my head and force my horn to glow baby blue as the two glowing furry masses levitate off my back and onto the couch…

I stare at them as the tabby yawns and stretches out his paw while the other grayer kitten snuggles his head into his friend’s fluffy belly…

I sigh, “Where is everypony?”

I turn my body and finally notice a letter left on the polished wooden coffee table on the other side of the room in front of the green couch! I trot towards it and levitate it in my magick… I quickly notice that it’s upside down and correct it in my view before reading,

Dear, Misty

I went to go get Sunny! Be back soon!

Love,

Izzy

I widen my eyes when I wonder what that means? Get Sunny?

(To be continued...)

PreviousChapters Next