• Published 19th Mar 2022
  • 4,290 Views, 276 Comments

Equestria Girls - The Tale of Two Sunsets - HumanSunset63



What could've been for an ending for Equestria Girls...

  • ...
17
 276
 4,290

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2: Searching the School

As Sunset went forward to look for her friends, she started getting a strange feeling they really weren't here today. They weren't really anywhere she'd expect them to be, and it wasn't particularly clear if their plans changed on such short notice. She went to the music room that housed their band instruments, and noticed none of them had been moved around at all. As usual, she checked back on her phone, but clearly saw that Applejack only mentioned the plan to move out the instruments at some point, but no other details.

It was at this point, Sunset almost felt tempted to use her geode's power to read someone's mind, in order to find a clue on her friends' whereabouts. But then she remembered something. Recently, all the girls including Sunset, decided that for the time being, it's better to simply leave the geodes behind for a while. Wearing them might cause some magical mishaps, and they'd rather have the graduation remain fairly normal. The past few weeks have gone without any magical incidents, and so they have decided it's likely for the better. Sunset then remembered that she did lock up her geode in a storage safe at her apartment, which only she has the key to.

But even then, Sunset wasn't about to rely on magic immediately for a trivial task as finding her friends in the school. She only kept this in mind in case of an emergency, and she really needs to use its magical powers. So she simply went forward to ask other students nearby if they had any idea where her friends may be.

"Hi, excuse me. Have any of you seen my friends recently?" Sunset asked some students. "Do you know where Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, or Fluttershy are at?"

"Nope, sorry. I just don't know where they might be." Derpy said.

"Haven't really seen them today. But we're not really close with them, so I have no idea." Lyra replied.

"Are they maybe doing something together as a surprise?" Bon Bon asked. "Word on the street is, Pinkie's going to throw a huge surprise party for graduation, so maybe the rest of your friends are helping her prepare?"

"Hmm, maybe? Though she didn't mention anything like this to me at all, so it might be something else? Either way, I'm just looking for them before I start planning for the graduation ceremony myself. I'll keep looking for them, thanks anyway for trying to help." Sunset said as she waved goodbye to those students.

Sunset went into the auditorium, library, gym, and even various club classrooms she frequently saw her friends at. But they were all empty. Not even Fluttershy was in the classroom that housed many of the school pets for the Animal Love club. It really wasn't like her friends to just ghost her, but Sunset still kept the benefit of the doubt that there was nothing malicious going on, and that her friends were just invested in doing something together that they forgot to tell her about.

There was one last main room that Sunset had not checked yet, so she went there in hopes of finally finding them. She opened the doors to the cafeteria, and to her relief, there they were. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, and Rarity, all sitting together at one of the tables in the back corner. Sunset walked over to the table, hoping everything was okay.

"I'm really hoping someone didn't find another memory stone that wiped their good memories of me again..." Sunset thought humorously, remembering the incident with Wallflower awhile back.

PreviousChapters Next