• Published 19th Mar 2022
  • 4,290 Views, 276 Comments

Equestria Girls - The Tale of Two Sunsets - HumanSunset63



What could've been for an ending for Equestria Girls...

  • ...
17
 276
 4,290

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16: Cheesy Jokes

The boy Pinkie was talking about had set down a several boxes of cookies before coming over to meet Sunset.

"Howdy do, miss? The name's Cheese Sandwich!" He said with great optimism.

"Great, dude! Sunset Shimmer." Sunset introduced herself before shaking Cheese's hand. "I see you've met my friend, Pinkie. I can definitely already see why you two click so well. Even your epic, poofy hairstyle."

"Ah, shucks. Thanks, girl. I certainly know I got the partying spirit down like your pink friend here! I mostly moved to Canterlot City for a fresh new start, though it also gives me a new opportunity to sell some more cookies! You wanted any, miss? Since you're one of Pinkie's friends, this one's on the house!" Cheese said as he held up a box of cookies.

"Err, no thanks. I don't really need any cookies at the moment. I do appreciate it though." Sunset said, thinking it'd be better for her to pack some more healthier food for her trip back to Equestria. She then turned to Pinkie to remind her of the job she hired Pinkie for, and seeing if Cheese would agree with helping her with it. "Anyways, Pinkie. Think the housesitting job is good for both of you?"

"Oh yeah!" Pinkie said, remembering what Sunset had asked of her. "Cheese, Sunset here wants me to housesit for a few days while she goes out of town soon. Since you just moved here and all, I figured you might wanna meet new people, but how would you feel about housesitting with me for a few days? We could spend some... ahem. Quality time together."

Cheese blushed a little, realizing what Pinkie might've meant. "Yeah, sure! Maybe we can also throw a bit of a party if we'll be here for a while? Well, as long as Sunset's okay with it, of course."

Sunset was a little bit hesitant, not really knowing Cheese all that well, but felt that Pinkie was still responsible enough to carry out the task and know when something's gone a little too far. They have babysat together many times before, after all. "All right, I guess that's fine. Just please make sure to take care of my plants, gecko, and check the mailbox. And also please be careful not to break anything."

"Sweet! She agrees! We'll have a fun time, indeed!" Cheese said enthusiastically.

"Well, Sunset, I guess we'll see you tomorrow morning or whenever it is you plan to leave for a bit? Certainly gonna miss you for a bit, but I guess you'll at least be back before graduation?" Pinkie inquired.

"Graduation? That sounds like a good opportunity for partying too. At this Canterlot High, you mentioned, Pinkie?" Cheese asked curiously.

"Uh-huh! We'll be happy to have you there, Cheese!" Pinkie said, nodding her head. She then turned back to Sunset. "But really, when is it, Sunset?"

"Well, that sounds about right, Pinkie. Tomorrow morning is a good time for me to leave town for a bit." Sunset confirmed. "But yes, I promise I will at least be back before graduation. I'm also planning to stand next to you when they take senior photos." Sunset also began to think that there would still be the possibility of not wanting to stay in Equestria for any reason, so she spoke up about this crucial likeliness of returning early. "By the way, there's no guarantees, but there could still be a chance for me to return home early, in case of bad weather or any other outside factors." Sunset said, giving realistic excuses on coming back. Just like with the rest of the Rainbooms, Sunset still wasn't ready to tell Pinkie yet, about the possibility of staying in Equestria for good. If anything, she felt that Pinkie would likely take it the absolute hardest, even if Twilight was supportive of her decision. Regardless, she only stuck with the application in taking a temporary trip out of town, as she put it, to soften the news for now. After all, what if she decides to stay in the human world?

"Okie dokie loki!" Pinkie said in agreement. "I guess we'll see you then. Thanks for catching up with me for a bit, and I'm so happy you've gotten along with my new party boy here!"

"Likewise, Sunset!" Cheese said approvingly. "And here, I know you said you don't want them, but here, I insist." Cheese said as he picked up all but one of his stack of cookie boxes. The remaining box was left behind on Sunset's computer desk. "You might not have a sweet tooth now, but I'll certainly be a cheese pizza if I basically took away cookies on a bad day! So here, really, take this. It was really nice meeting you, by the way."

"Thank you, Cheese." Sunset said gratefully. "I can certainly see you and Pinkie are gonna be really happy together... housesitting for me! Hehe..." Sunset said at the last moment, almost realizing how awkward her previous sentence was, given how Pinkie and Cheese had not fully decided if they're going to be in a romantic relationship together.

"Erm, yeah!" Pinkie said, trying to brush it off. "Come on, Cheese! I ordered us a nice cheesecake reservation at Coinky Dink World!"

Both Pinkie and Cheese Sandwich had left Sunset's apartment, before Sunset was ready to start packing. She opened the box of cookies Cheese had left her and tried one. It was beyond delicious, much better than anything she remembered trying in Equestria. "Oh my, these are amazing! Can't believe I almost threw these away. Maybe these cookies are a reason for me to stay in this world." Sunset said jokingly as she ate a couple more, deeming them to be lip-smacking good.

PreviousChapters Next