• Published 19th Mar 2022
  • 4,290 Views, 276 Comments

Equestria Girls - The Tale of Two Sunsets - HumanSunset63



What could've been for an ending for Equestria Girls...

  • ...
17
 276
 4,290

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: Street Fighter

The girl looked toward Sunset's direction, who was standing right in front of the alleyway. Neither one of them knew who the other was, but regardless, she turned up her hostility and aggressiveness.

"What is this, you think you can scare me, or what?" The girl huffed. "Better yet, what do you think you're doing at this part of town?"

Sunset stood her ground regardless of how intimidating she was to Lily. "I should be asking you the same question. Who are you to ask me that when you're here mugging this poor little girl?"

"Because you don't belong around here!" She snapped.

"Says who?" Sunset snapped back.

"ME!" She grunted, as she began to approach Sunset, now completely putting all her focus on her instead of Lily.

"You? Really?" Sunset asked in a mocking manner. Being a bully herself before accepting friendship, she had a strong feeling this was simply a tactic by this girl intimidate her, when in reality, she didn't have the guts to do anything.

"Oh, you think you're funny, huh? You think I'm bluffing? I could literally put both of you into the hospital right now if I wanted!" The girl threatened. "Better yet, why don't I just do something easier?"

She took the phone out of her back pocket, as well as a lighter she uses to smoke cigarettes with. "Come any closer to me, and I'll burn this phone right in front of the child! So you either back off and let the girl pay me, or you'll never see the phone again!"

Sunset had to act carefully now. She wanted to help Lily out, not simply escalate things and make the situation worse than it already was. However, she looked at Lily, and noticed she had a confident look on her face. She then gave a subtle wink to Sunset, which made her realize what she had in mind. Back when she babysat Lily, she knew this was a tactic in which more often than not, reverse psychology was the answer. A rather clever tactic when she would sometimes play board games with her and Pinkie. Sunset looked back at Lily with confidence before speaking back to the threatening girl.

"Okay, go right ahead." Sunset blurted out.

The girl looked confused, totally not expecting that as her answer. "What, you think I'm joking!? I'll do it, I'm serious!" She said angrily, as she had lit the lighter.

"Yeah, sure. I did overhear that you needed money to buy pizza for your gang. So you might as well just be burning your money. You won't be able to pawn it off anywhere then. And then what will your gang think when you come back empty-handed?"

The girl growled in frustration for a moment before she began to internalize what Sunset said. She was right, no matter how she looked at this situation, and if she really were to come back to her gang empty-handed, they would not give her a friendly reception at all. This moment of distraction gave Sunset the advantage, just as Lily had hoped.

Sunset quickly kicked the girl's hand which held the lighter, destroying it completely, as she groaned in pain from her hand being kicked so swiftly. On instinct, she went to rub it with her other hand to ease the mild pain caused by Sunset's spiky leather boots. While doing this, she accidentally lost grip of the phone in her other hand, but thankfully, Lily caught it just as it was about to hit the ground.

Lily ran over to Sunset, very thankful that their plan had worked. She got her phone back and didn't have to worry about being scammed out of her money. Sunset knelt down to Lily and and told her, "Really nice thinking, you're a pretty clever girl."

The momentary celebration was short-lived, as the girl behind Sunset and Lily, had regained her strength and now looked absolutely livid at the two girls. She now certainly had it out for Sunset. Hurting her hand, destroying her cigarette lighter, and now taking back the only chance she had at getting money. "You'll pay! You'll both pay!" She screamed. "First I'll scratch your eyes out, then I'll make sure you never get to experience middle school!" She threatened and pointed at Sunset and Lily with the respective threats.

"Fine by me, you're not going to hurt her if you have to get through me first!" Sunset exclaimed. She set down her saddlebag to lessen the weight on her shoulders, before getting into a fighting stance. This moment almost reminded her of the time she was about to physically harm Wallflower for erasing her friends' memories of her, before claiming she'd see how mean she could really get.

Almost without any warning after she finished her sentence, the girl immediately swung a fist toward her face. Sunset thankfully caught her fist in time, blocking the blow. Sunset had anticipated she would then attempt to hit her with the other hand, which was also blocked by her elbow. Although it didn't seem like it, Sunset was actually a rather proficient fighter, despite of course, usually preferring to solve conflicts with words rather than violence. She had taken karate lessons at a young age to help herself in fighting her own battles, but felt glad they get to pay off now.

With both of the girl's attacks blocked by swift movement, Sunset then made a quick leg sweep, knocking the girl off of her feet, and sending her to the ground. She quickly got up out of her pure anger and hatred toward Sunset, then charged at her. This time, however, Sunset was too slow at anticipating the movement, and was tackled to the ground. Now on the ground, the girl had performed a rather beastly 3-hit combo that almost did serious damage to Sunset. Sunset was fortunate enough to swerve her face from the last hit. This was the fist that had been kicked earlier, so the pain to the girl felt even more exponential when it had missed Sunset's face, and instead, made a hard hit on the concrete path.

This moment of pain gave Sunset a temporary advantage, she grabbed the nearby trashcan lid that had fallen off after being kicked by the girl earlier, and used it as a temporary shield to block the blows of the girl, now using her other hand to throw punches. Once the trash can lid was dented enough, Sunset finally threw it hard at the girl's face, giving her the right time to get up off the ground as the girl now sat back with pain in her hands and face.

Now back on her feet, Sunset had the upper hand, and was ready to counter any further attacks from the girl. The girl then got up herself and decided fighting melee style was clearly not working. This Sunset girl was a much better fighter than she had anticipated. Regardless, she needed to settle this then and now if she were to get any chance at getting some cash tonight.

She lunged at Sunset, her vision now somewhat blurry after the pain she had endured. As she did, Sunset moved out of the way just in time, and the girl had slammed into a group of trashcans, knocking them over. A family of raccoons that were living in those trashcans became angry that their home was destroyed, and began to maul the girl. The girl tried to kick some of them off, but they were stuck on her persistently. She then turned to Sunset as she ran out of the alley, with the raccoons clinging to her.

"This isn't over, you hear!?" The girl threatened as she bolted down the street to desperately find a way to get the raccoons off of her.

PreviousChapters Next