• Published 19th Mar 2022
  • 4,290 Views, 276 Comments

Equestria Girls - The Tale of Two Sunsets - HumanSunset63



What could've been for an ending for Equestria Girls...

  • ...
17
 276
 4,290

Chapters Next
Prologue: A New Possible Path

It was another ordinary day at Canterlot High, with graduation approaching in about a week. Senior year was tedious from all the exams, pop quizzes, seemingly endless homework, but the persevering students pushed on to overcome everything. It was exciting for most of them to realize all their years of hard work were about to be over soon, and that they'd finally get to experience the real world outside of high school.

Like every other student attending the school, Sunset Shimmer had just finished taking her final exams and prepared for the upcoming graduation. She knew there were a number of tasks to check off her list, including picking up her graduation gown, sending college applications, and emptying out her locker's contents. She had already envisioned how proud she'd be at the ceremony in about a week, basking in glory of finally achieving a milestone that demonstrated how far she had come in both her education and acceptance of friendship.

She sat around in front of the main lobby, absolutely exhausted from the incredibly draining schoolwork she had completed recently. While resting her tired brain from those many hours of studying, she had begun reflecting the many adventures she's had, where Equestrian magic or related artifacts had shown up, and created trouble in different forms. Although there weren't many magical occurrences ever since the time loop artifact was discovered at the festival Postcrush had performed in, the experience definitely had Sunset on her guard for suspicious activity.

"I've certainly had quite a number of magical memories here and even throughout this whole city, haven't I?" Sunset said to herself. "Let's see, stealing a crown, siren gems, magical mirrors, stones that erase your memory, and even artifacts that make you relive the same day indefinitely. Yeah, I'd say I've been through a lot."

After recapping, Sunset then thought about her plans after graduation. She already had a job at the Canterlot mall sushi place, which helped her with paying rent for her apartment. Although she likely wouldn't have enough income to afford college tuition, one of the institutions could still give her a scholarship. But what was the goal after she would have received her high school diploma?

"I still haven't decided for sure which college I'll be attending, nor the major I'll be applying in." Sunset said as she began contemplating. "Sure, I'm talented with a lot of skills that many institutions would gladly accept me for, but is this really what I want?"

She had then suddenly thought of an idea that had not crossed her mind ever since the Friendship Games. "What if... this isn't what I want at all? Since Princess Twilight used my old journal to reopen the portal back to Equestria without having to worry about waiting every 30 moons, maybe there's more to do back home?"

This was indeed a big decision, as she felt she wouldn't really want to live life in two separate worlds simultaneously. With graduation quickly approaching, Sunset was glad she had at least thought of this as a possibility, but for the time being, there were other considerations before she went through with it.

Chapters Next