• Published 19th Mar 2022
  • 4,290 Views, 276 Comments

Equestria Girls - The Tale of Two Sunsets - HumanSunset63



What could've been for an ending for Equestria Girls...

  • ...
17
 276
 4,290

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: A Little Help

Although Sunset overall did not take the petty criticisms of the Shadowbolts to heart, she did still think about what Sugarcoat asked her. Where did she get this saddlebag? She was still way too young at the time to remember, but to make this theory short-lived, she just decided to go with the assumption that her father simply gave it to her before she went off to Magic Kindergarten. She then took a closer look at the saddlebag, and noticed an engraved word on the bottom of the bag, she had never noticed before. She read it aloud.

"S...Solstice?" Sunset had read the printing on her bag. It really didn't sound like anypony she was familiar with at all, and it didn't seem likely her father's name was Solstice. She had little memory about her father's name, but definitely knew it wasn't "Solstice". She had sat down at a table to finish the snacks she picked up earlier today, still thinking about whether or not this bag could give her a legitimate lead into finding her parents if she were to go back to Equestria. She wouldn't know if her family would be thrilled to see her again, after such a long absence. Even if she could not find her parents, she at the very least has Princess Twilight and Princess Celestia, who are definitely the closest she has to parental figures at all.

The sunset in the sky had already faded, now becoming a rather cold and dark night. Sunset had expected this after being distracted on a thought for too long. She grabbed her saddlebag and went forth to her home before it got really dark. Her work wasn't done either, as she still had some packing to do before hitting the hay. Regardless of how long this took, Sunset was indeed ecstatic about seeing Princess Twilight move up in her ranks as a princess.

"Heh, if I had taken friendship more seriously back then, that princess role could've been mine." Sunset said to herself jokingly. Although she considered herself the leader of the Rainbooms, it was by no means even close to the responsibilities of being Princess of all of Equestria. In a way, she did feel rather happy she gets to enjoy life for now, as well as being one of the few beings from Equestria to truly explore this unusual human world.

Sunset continued her way down the road to where her apartment was, only a few blocks away. However, she heard and saw something out of the corner of her eye. It looked like a little girl, and she looked familiar. Sunset immediately thought of that Lily Pad girl that she and Pinkie sometimes babysits for a little extra income. What did concern Sunset, though, was that this girl was running rather fast, all alone, and into a dark alleyway. Although Sunset was not really a night person at all, she was well aware of the dangers of being outside at night, especially being alone in the alleys. Except, Lily wouldn't exactly be alone if she was chasing someone.

Sunset immediately bolted after the alleyway Lily went into, and peaked around the corner to see what was going on. She heard some whimpering and begging from Lily, followed by a rather raspy voice.

"Please, give me back my phone! My mom worked so hard to buy that for me!" Lily pleaded.

"Oh, this phone? Okay, I'll give it back to my pocket." Said a mysterious girl that Sunset had never seen before. She had shoved the phone into her jeans' back pocket, before turning to Lily. "Now listen up, pipsqueak. I'm out of cash to buy pizza for my crew tonight, but luckily for you I have a proposition. You either pay me $50 in cash, or I take your phone to a pawn shop and sell it. So what's it gonna be? You either pay up or never see your precious phone again!"

Although Lily did have $50 on her, given to her as a gift from her grandma, she couldn't bear to part with it over her phone being held for ransom. But her phone was still valuable to her, not only for all the saved data she had on it, but because it was also a gift from her mother. She then spoke up. "I'll... I'll just go running back to my mom at the restaurant! She'll make you give me back my phone!"

The girl simply smirked and went on. "Thought you might say that. If you leave the alley right now, I'll just leave too. Good luck finding me when you got no proof to the police. It's also quite sad you depend on mommy to fight your battles for you! In fact, I think she'll be unhappy with you leaving the restaurant when she went to go use the restroom. Have fun explaining that to her, you abandoning her was a wrong thing to do."

Lily tried to stand her ground. "But it isn't right of you to steal my phone either-"

"EXCUSE ME!?" The girl roared as she kicked a nearby trashcan rather hard. Lily backed down, now having next to no confidence to stand up for herself. She was absolutely intimidated, and in such a conundrum. The girl then spoke up again. "That's what I thought. You quiet little kids are so easy to steal from. It's no wonder you also grow up to become the social outcasts later in school."

Lily wanted to cry at this point. Sunset also began to tear up herself. This felt like a very accurate portrayal of how she used to treat Fluttershy when she was the CHS bully. The days where she would steal from Fluttershy, make her feel worthless about herself, or even physically attack her for talking back. It was no contest or exaggeration, this was absolutely what Fluttershy had to endure her first few years at CHS. If there was anything at all Sunset regretted more than anything else in her life, it was definitely her overall behavior before she begun to accept friendship. She ruled the school with an iron fist and acted like a total tyrant, which hurt her even further after seeing just how that behavior was from the perspective of a bystander.

"...Fine, please, I'll give you the money, just please give me my phone back." Lily whimpered, now feeling completely defeated.

"That's what I wanted to hear, now cough up, kid." The girl said in a smug manner. She reached out her hand to collect the money as Lily begun to reach into her own pocket to grab it. Sunset wasn't having it, however. If this was how she always used to act, there was certainly no excuse. But she knew she had to do the right thing and be the bigger person this time around. She stomped her boot hard on the concrete road to make her presence known.

"Give her back her phone, RIGHT NOW!" Sunset demanded.

PreviousChapters Next