• Published 19th Mar 2022
  • 4,291 Views, 276 Comments

Equestria Girls - The Tale of Two Sunsets - HumanSunset63



What could've been for an ending for Equestria Girls...

  • ...
17
 276
 4,291

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: Snacktime

After having the conversation about college paths with her friends, Sunset decided to head off to the cafe for some coffee and snacks, as she still felt a bit peckish, even after lunch. Once this was done, she felt like hanging out with her friends a bit more, mostly to have further conversations that weren't related to college. She figured it would be a good opportunity to mention the possibility of taking temporary a break from the human world to revisit Equestria for a bit, at least, until she's fully made up her mind about this big decision of hers. At the cafe Sunset normally hangs out at with her friends, she noticed Mrs. Cake was not behind the counter as usual, as she had recently hired a new girl to manage the cashier. Sunset approached the counter, getting what she normally orders.

"Hi, excuse me? Could I just get one regular coffee and two red-velvet cupcakes, please?" Sunset asked, as she rang the bell on the counter.

"Coming right up, ma'am!" The girl said in a soft voice, as she went to the cupcake rack to bag the requested items, before turning over to the coffee machine.

Sunset just had a realization that the bell was new, even if she had just run it a few seconds earlier out of instinct. "Hmm, that's new. I don't think there was a bell on the counter during my past visits here."

The girl giggled. "Hehe, yeah. It was my idea to help speed up business. Bells are also part of my name too, by the way. It's Sugar Belle." She introduced herself.

"Sugar Belle?" Sunset repeated. "That's a pretty name, nice to meet you. My name's Sunset Shimmer. I don't think I've seen you at all around Canterlot City, so I'm guessing you're new? At the very least, I've never seen you around this cafe.

"Oh, yes." Sugar Belle replied. "I'm mostly just working bakery jobs to help out my family. But I'm actually from around here, and I do own my very first bakery at the Canterlot mall. I just don't really get too much business there, is all."

"That's cool, maybe I'll check it out sometime." Sunset said as she looked around the cupcakes rack, and noticed that the snacks did look different. They had new patterns for the frosting, and there were even a few new flavors she had never seen, or heard of before. "Are these your personal recipes for cupcakes, by the way? They do look different from Mrs. Cake's."

"Oh, yeah. I started baking my own batches lately, since the customers really enjoy what I can put out. You're welcome to taste one, if you'd like." Sugar Belle offered.

Sunset was handed a smaller cupcake from the samples plate, and was impressed. "Oh, wow! These are good!" Sunset exclaimed out of natural instinct from her taste buds. "Maybe Mrs. Cake has competition, haha. You did mention you don't get as much business at your shop, so I'd certainly recommend you to my friends at school."

"Oh! That would be wonderful, much obliged, Sunset." Sugar Belle said with gratitude.

Sunset reached into her bag for the $10 bill to pay for her order, as Sugar Belle came over with the bag of two cupcakes, along with her coffee cup.

"Thanks for the business!" Sugar Belle said as she handed over the coffee and took Sunset's money.

"I can't put my finger on it, but something about that new girl reminds me a bit of myself..." Sunset muttered as she walked out of the cafe.

PreviousChapters Next