• Published 24th Feb 2022
  • 5,586 Views, 100 Comments

The Dragon Guardian - Skywalker215



A teenage Spike Drake discovers his dragon heritage and joins his friends in protecting Canterlot from the forces of evil.

  • ...
9
 100
 5,586

Chapter 2: Heritage Revealed

It was Saturday morning, and Spike immediately woke up from his bed and went to the kitchen for breakfast when his family noticed a terrible smell coming from him.

“Eww, what’s that filthy smell?” Nolan asked.

“That’s dragon breath,” Stephen replied.

“Dragon breath. Why would I have that?” Spike asked.

“You’re half dragon, Spike,” Stephen replied.

“It’s time that you knew your dragon heritage, sweetie,” Julie added.

“Let me guess, because of Grandma Seraphina?” Spike wondered.

“Very good, Spike. Yours and your father’s dragon traits come from me, and you, Zach, Sigrid, Tilda, and Nolan are descendants of the Dragon Lord Ironhide on my side of the family.” Seraphina replied.

“As for your dragon breath, it’s part of a dragon’s molt period or puberty in human sense. The stinky breath will only last for three weeks. You also have constantly replaceable teeth,” Ian added.

“Is there any way I can mask my dragon breath until the three weeks are up?” Spike asked.

“There is a fresh breath potion that you can take every morning,” Stephen replied, “I bought it last week.”

“Thanks, ‘cause the Fall Formal Festival is in two weeks and I don’t want my friends smelling dragon breath,” Spike said.

As he was eating, Spike was deep in his thoughts about the girls and how many others he’s attracting. He blushed at the flashbacks of peeking glances at the girls’ chests and legs, as well as their pretty faces, causing him to let out a lovestruck sigh.

“Something on your mind, Spike?” Julie asked.

“Just thinking about what happened earlier this week regarding my first time at Canterlot High and my friends,” Spike replied whilst blushing.

“I know that look on your face, son. It seems you’ve fallen in love with your friends,” Stephen said.

“That’s just it, mom and dad,” Spike replied, “I’ve become a chick magnet since my first day of high school, especially among my friends. Because of that, I am a little worried that they might fight over me and I can’t decide which one of them I want to date.”

“Maybe you could date all of them. Since dragons can have more than one mate and you’re half dragon, you can have a harem,” Stephen said.

“Besides your friends, you may want to limit the number of other girls you include in your circle of love, otherwise you may not have anything more to give,” Julie added.

“I’ll take that into consideration, mom, and thanks, dad. I’ll confess my love for them at the festival,” Spike replied.

“Way to go, little bro,” Zach spoke up, “I got a harem comprised of Cheerilee, Redheart, and Ebony. Those three are such cougars in the sack.”

“Let me guess, Ms. Ebony Harshwhinny?” Spike asked.

“Very good, Spike,” Zach replied.

Shortly after breakfast and taking his breath potion, Spike and Zach went with their grandmother to the yard for their training. The two brothers began with a jog, Spike began humming ‘Gonna Fly Now’ as their training progressed.

(All credit for this theme song goes to Bill Conti)

“Dragons have lungs filled with hot air and that air comes into contact with a part of the mouth called the spark pouch, which contains flammable saliva.” Seraphina explained, “You must concentrate your fire breathing on the targets set up.”

Spike and Zach each took a deep breath and managed to burn the targets in front of them. After mastering their fire breathing, the brothers did some sit-ups and push-ups, some of them on one hand and alternating between both arms. Spike and Zach also got into some wrestling matches with Spike winning some, and Zach winning others.

Soon enough, the two brothers felt a magical surge, as a pair of wings suddenly sprouted from their backs. The next sessions of their training involved testing their new wings as Seraphina taught them how to fly. They practiced various aerial maneuvers, especially defensive and offensive techniques.

“Congratulations on earning your wings, boys,” Seraphina said.

“Thanks, Grandma Sera,” Spike and Zach replied in unison.

Spike and Zach practiced their karate and kung-fu moves on training dummies, punching and kicking them. They also practiced their blocking techniques with tennis balls thrown at them, blocking every single ball. Finally, they jogged five laps around the manor and got in a few more flying sessions.

“Feeling toned yet, bro?” Zach asked.

“After all that training, most likely,” Spike replied.

“I’m feeling well-toned also,” Zach said.

The two brothers went back inside for lunch, with their grandmother right behind them.

Rarity’s house

Rarity and Sweetie Belle were thinking about Spike, both having lovestruck expressions on their faces. They were eating lunch while watching a college football game with their parents.

Their mom, Cookie ‘Betty’ Crumbles noticed this and spoke up, “Something on your mind, dears?”

Betty was a pale fuchsia unicorn with light blue eyes, two shades of grayish indigo hair in a bouffant style and tail in the same two shades, as well as a G-cup rack. She also wore a red short-sleeve shirt with a blue bra underneath and high-waisted khaki shorts that hugged her rump and showed off her lovely legs.

“Just thinking about Spike, mother. He’s such a handsome boy,” Rarity replied as she and Sweetie Belle giggled.

“Ya like him, don’t ya,” Betty said.

“Yes, mom. We both do,” Sweetie Belle replied.

The two sisters’ father, Magnum ‘Hondo’ Flanks, was too busy rooting for the Canterlot Wonderbolts playing the Princeton Tigers to hear his daughters and wife. He was a white unicorn with cerulean blue eyes and dark brown hair and tail, as well as a dark brown mustache. He also wore a blue Hawaiian t-shirt and black referee shorts.

“I think you two oughta tell Spike ya love him at the festival,” Betty said.

“That’s exactly what we were considering,” Rarity replied.

“I’m looking forward to seeing him at the festival, too,” Betty said, as the three of them giggled flirtatiously.

Sweet Apple Acres

Applejack and Apple Bloom were harvesting apples while also thinking about Spike, lovestruck expressions were on their faces as they gave a loving sigh. Just then, their older brother, father, and mother, Big Mac, Bright Mac, and Pear Butter aka Buttercup, came up to them noticing the looks on their faces. Big Mac was a red earth-born with orange hair and tail, and green eyes, he was also roughly the same age as Shining Armor. He wore a yellow checkered shirt, faux cowhide vest, jeans, and cowboy boots. Pear Butter was a tan earth-born woman with orange curly hair and tail, turquoise eyes, a G-cup rack, and lovely well-toned legs. She wore a green and black checkered shirt with pockets and a white bra underneath, along with high-waisted Daisy Duke jean shorts and cowgirl boots. Bright Mac was a light yellow earth-born with red hair and tail and harlequin green eyes. He wore a brown jacket with a gray shirt underneath as well as a pair of jeans and cowboy boots.

“Are y’all thinkin’ about Spike again?” Pear Butter asked.

“Yes, ma. He’s such a nice boy, and good lookin’, too,” Applejack replied.

“Yeah. What girl would ever resist him?” Apple Bloom added.

“Good point. I reckon y’all need to tell him how you feel,” Pear Butter said.

“That’ll happen at the festival, we can assure ya, ma,” Applejack replied.

The Apple sisters and their mom shared a giggle.

Rainbow Dash’s house

Rainbow and her mom, Windy Whistles, were watching a workout video. She was deep in thought about Spike.

“You know, mom. I bet Spike is probably getting a great workout right about now,” Rainbow said with a sigh, while blushing, “I bet Spike has become such a hunk, especially after all that karate and kung-fu training.”

Windy Whistles was a light cornflower blue pegasus with cerise eyes, scarlet and orange hair and tail, an F-cup rack, and lovely athletic legs. She also wore a golden sweater and a tan skort (skirt shorts). Not too far away, was Rainbow’s dad, Bow Hothoof lifting weights. He was a grayish blue pegasus with rainbow hair and tail and amber eyes, he also wore a green collared t-shirt and white knee-length workout shorts.

“I see what you mean, Rainbow. I may be happy with your dad, but it wouldn’t hurt to tease Spike every now and then,” Windy replied, giggling.

“Careful, Windy. When you say that, it reminds me of the times when your mother would think like that about me,” Hothoof remarked, smirking while he kept weightlifting.

“Come on, honey. I’m just messing around. Mothers are always playfully teasing boys that their daughters like,” Windy replied.

Shy family residence

Fluttershy began to think about Spike when she was playing with her pet rabbit, Angel.

“I’m looking forward to seeing Spike at the festival, Angel. It’ll be a great time to tell him that I love him,” Fluttershy said with a sigh.

Just then, her mom, Posey spoke up, “You seem to be in a good mood today, Fluttershy.”

Posey was a pale amber pegasus woman with magenta eyes, raspberry hair and tail, and a G-cup rack. She also wore a light green minidress with flower patterns, a pearl necklace, earrings, and glasses, she was also curvy in the right places. Her dad, Gentle Breeze was a pale green pegasus with light amaranth gray hair and tail, turquoise eyes, and a mustache the same color as his hair and tail. He also wore a blue sweater and tan pants.

“Yes, mom and dad. I was just thinking about Spike,” Fluttershy replied.

“We always figured you had a liking for Spike,” Gentle Breeze said.

“He’s absolutely wonderful and cute,” Fluttershy said.

“Not to mention very handsome,” Posey whispered him her ear, then the two of them giggled.

Pie family residence/quarry

Pinkie and Marble were gathering some rock slabs that were to be made into tiles. The twins were thinking about Spike, then Pinkie spoke up with a sigh, “Isn’t Spike wonderful?”

“Mm-hmm. He’s more than just wonderful, he’s dreamy,” Marble replied with a sigh.

Their older sisters, Maud and Limestone came to help them out when they noticed lovestruck expressions on the twins’ faces. Maud was a Persian bluish gray earth-born with grayish purple hair and tail, light turquoise eyes, and an E-cup rack, as well as a constant neutral expression on her face. She also wore a grayish teal minidress with a black band around the midsection and black slip-on ankle boots, she was also 18 years old. Limestone was a bluish gray earth-born with opalish gray hair and tail, light apple green eyes, and an E-cup rack. She wore a dark green sleeveless top, short jean shorts with a lime and two stones on them, and black go-go boots, she was also 19 years old.

“Whatcha excited about, Pinkie and Marble?” Limestone asked.

“We’re just talking about Spike. I bet he’s become well-toned after all that martial arts training,” Pinkie replied.

“You’re telling me, Pinkie. He’d be hunky as a rock,” Maud said.

“What do you think of Spike, Limestone?” Marble asked.

“With his kind of charm, even I’d be crazy to resist him.” Limestone replied.

“We were looking for you because it’s time we had a lunch break,” Maud said.

The four sisters went back inside the house, where their parents were waiting for them. Cloudy Quartz was a light bluish gray earth-born woman with opal gray hair in a bun and tail of the same color, as well as an E-cup rack and lovely legs. She also wore a black and white checkered brooch, a white blouse underneath a black jacket, a black and white checkered knee-length skirt, white socks, dress shoes, and antique glasses. The sisters’ father, Igneous Rock Pie was an amber earth-born with hair and tail in two shades of gray and lighter amber eyes. He also wore a black fedora, a gray suit with a black necktie and vest, along with black pants and dress shoes. Cloudy overheard the sisters talking about Spike and giggled as she was happy for them.