• Published 24th Feb 2022
  • 5,586 Views, 100 Comments

The Dragon Guardian - Skywalker215



A teenage Spike Drake discovers his dragon heritage and joins his friends in protecting Canterlot from the forces of evil.

  • ...
9
 100
 5,586

Chapter 22: A Daring Rescue

That night, Starlight lay asleep in her bed. In her dreams, Starlight heard Luna’s voice calling to her.

“Starlight Glimmer, I bear a message of hope,” Luna said.

”What do you mean, Vice Principal Luna?” Starlight asked.

“Your mother, Aurora Gloom lives,” Luna replied.

“But how? I thought she was gone,” Starlight said.

”I’ve seen her dreams. She’s currently held captive by King Sombra and his forces at the old Crystal City. She longs to be back home with you and your father,” Luna replied.

”I have to go save her!” Starlight said.

”You will, but you won’t be alone. My sister, your friends and our boyfriend shall accompany you. We must set off at high noon,” Luna replied.

”Thank you, Ms. Luna,” Starlight said.


The next day at 11:30 am, Spike, the Rainbooms, Starlight, Trixie, Celestia, and Luna were gathered at Drake Manor in the living room.

“I called this meeting to discuss a plan for rescuing Starlight’s mother, Aurora Gloom,” Luna said.

“She’s still alive?” Spike asked.

“Where is she?” Trixie added.

“I’ve seen her dreams and found out that she’s being held captive by King Sombra’s forces at the Crystal City in Labrador,” Luna replied.

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go save her!” Rainbow said.

“We will, Rainbow. But something tells me Sombra might be luring us into a trap,” Spike replied.

“That’s why we’ll be getting help from some friends in the Canadian army and the Mounties,” Celestia said.

“Besides me, do you have any safes with keys in any of your bedrooms?” Twilight asked.

The rest of the girls and Spike nodded in reply. Spike went upstairs to get his passport.

“I’ll go get our passports,” Twilight said as she teleported to her bedroom.

It wasn’t long before Twilight teleported back into the living room in Drake Manor with hers and the rest of the girls’ passports. Spike also came back downstairs with his passport.

“Celestia and Luna, you got your passports already?” Spike asked.

“We do,” Celestia replied.

Once Spike and the girls texted their parents where they were going, Celestia and Luna teleported themselves, Spike, and the girls to the Canadian border. There, they presented their passports to a customs official.

“We’ve got nothing to declare, it’s just us,” Spike said.

“I see. How long will you be in the country?” The man asked.

“Just for several hours. We’re on a rescue mission at the Crystal City and we’re gonna need some help from the Mounties,” Celestia replied, “I have a few old friends among them, think you could get a hold of them for me?”

“I’ll see what I can do. I’ve got friends in the Mounties as well, maybe I’ll have them help you out too,” the man said, “Good luck!”

Once they were in Canada, Celestia and Luna teleported themselves, Spike, and the girls to the outskirts of Crystal City.

“Twilight, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Celestia, and Luna, you’re our eyes in the sky,” Spike said, “Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie, Starlight, and Trixie, cover me while I search the city.”

“We’re on it,” Applejack replied.

“We’ll alert you if we spot Sombra’s forces,” Twilight added.

Spike and the others searched the city until they reached the palace. Celestia and Luna quickly saw Sombra along with several all his stone warriors and cultists headed to the palace.

“Rainbow, Fluttershy, we must alert Spike and the others,” Twilight said.

“Right behind you, Twilight!” Rainbow replied as the three of them flew to the palace.

“Luna and I will keep Sombra busy,” Celestia said.

The two sisters landed in front of the evil king.

“Princesses Celestia and Luna, we meet again at last,” Sombra said.

“Former princesses. We’ve changed our lives over time,” Luna replied.

“We figured you would try to lure us into a trap, but it won’t work,” Celestia added.

“We shall see,” Sombra said, then turned to his minions, “All of you, go to the palace! I’ll deal with the sisters myself.”

It was then that a duel between the sisters and Sombra began. At the palace, Spike and the others were in the dungeon, looking for Aurora Gloom. Just then, Twilight teleported in front of them with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

“Spike, Sombra’s forces are coming your way! We must find Aurora Gloom quickly!” Twilight said.

“Good thinking,” Spike replied.

“Mom?! Where are you, Mom?!” Starlight called out.

“Starlight?! I’m over here! Turn left!” Aurora Gloom’s voice replied.

Spike and the girls followed Aurora’s voice until they reached the cell she was in. Twilight used her magic to unlock the door and Spike took the magic canceling ring off her horn. Aurora took the chains off herself and went up to hug her daughter.

“I thought I’d lost you for good, mom,” Starlight said, breaking her voice.

“Look at you. You’ve grown,” Aurora replied.

“By the way, I’m Spike. Starlight’s boyfriend,” Spike said.

“Good to meet you, Spike,” Aurora replied.

Starlight and Twilight teleported themselves, Aurora, and the others out of the dungeon.

Spike, Twilight, and the others fought the cultists and the stone warriors. It was then that Blueblood and the Diamond Dogs approached Spike and tried dueling with him.

“You caused 300 bucks damage to my car, you little son of a bitch!” Blueblood shouted.

“That’s your own fault, not mine!” Spike retorted.

Twilight, Rarity, Sunset, Starlight, and Trixie blasted numerous stone warriors to rubble. Just when Spike and the others were close to being overwhelmed, the Mounties entered the city. They immediately helped Applejack, Rainbow, Pinkie, and Fluttershy fight the cultists. With their combined magic beams, Celestia and Luna managed to redirect Sombra’s beam back at him and knock him down.

“You may have defeated me this time, but I’ll be back!” Sombra said.

“We’ll be ready for you!” The sisters replied in unison.

It was then that the Mounties apprehended all the cultists, including General Ling and took them away.

“Thank you, Celestia and Luna. You led us right to these evil scumbags,” one of them said.

“With help from Spike and the girls, it was a team effort,” Luna replied.

Sombra went up to Blueblood and the Diamond Dogs, seeing them having been defeated by Spike.

“Since General Ling has been apprehended, you’re my new second in command, Blueblood,” Sombra said.

“Stone army, retreat!” Blueblood ordered.

It was then that Sombra and Blueblood teleported themselves and the Diamond Dogs elsewhere. With that, Crystal City was secured.

Once Spike and the others were gathered together, Celestia, Luna, and Twilight teleported themselves, Spike, and the others back to the border. There, they presented their passports. Starlight and Celestia explained to the customs official that Aurora Gloom was being held captive in Canada against her will for years.

“Based on what you told me about her situation, Mrs. Aurora Gloom shall be granted the option of voluntary repatriation,” the customs official said.

“Yes, anything to return home safely,” Aurora replied.

Once everything was settled, Spike and the others returned to the US. Celestia and Luna, along with Twilight teleported themselves, along with Spike and the others back to Canterlot.


In the forest south of the Canadian border

Meanwhile, Sombra, Blueblood, and the Diamond Dogs, along with the stone army came across Queen Chrysalis’ former fortress and set up their new headquarters there.

“We may have lost Crystal City, but this place will suit us well for our ultimate plan: releasing my superweapon on all of America,” King Sombra said.

“What exactly is this superweapon, my liege?” Blueblood asked.

“The colossal stone giants. Soon, we shall unleash them to level every major city on this continent and force the governments of Canada, the USA, and Mexico to surrender, then all of North America will be ours!” King Sombra explained, then laughed evilly. Blueblood and the Diamond Dogs cackled with him.


Back in Canterlot, Starlight and her mother, Aurora returned home. Firelight shed tears of joy upon seeing his wife again.

“Aurora, I’m so glad you’re safe,” Firelight said.

“It’s good to be home, honey,” Aurora replied as they shared a tender embrace.