• Published 24th Feb 2022
  • 5,586 Views, 100 Comments

The Dragon Guardian - Skywalker215



A teenage Spike Drake discovers his dragon heritage and joins his friends in protecting Canterlot from the forces of evil.

  • ...
9
 100
 5,586

Chapter 14: The Dark King Returns

Three months later

Deep in the Canadian Arctic, a mysterious cult was doing an excavation in the ice. The cult was a mixed group of human and unicorn men wearing dark monk-like robes and aluminum masks. The leader had blue green eyes, black hair and a trimmed mustache. He also wore a black priest robe and an aluminum mask. The cult kept chipping away at the ice until they found a shadowy figure trapped inside a compressed crystalline mass.

“After 1,000 years, we the Sons of Sombra shall bring back our rightful king,” the cult leader said.

It was then that the cult began the ritual, they chanted in Old Equestrian as a circle of runes appeared in a green flame. As the cult kept chanting, the crystal mass began to crack. It wasn’t long before the whole crystal casing shattered as the ritual ended. With that, the rune circle disappeared, leaving melt marks in the ice. Just then, King Sombra opened his eyes and approached the cult leader.

“Who has freed me from my imprisonment?” Sombra asked.

“It was I, General Henry Ling of the Canadian Army and leader of the Sons of Sombra, the descendants of your original followers,” the leader replied.

“How long was I trapped here?” Sombra asked.

“Over a thousand years. We are at your service, my liege,” General Ling replied, as he and the other cult members bowed before Sombra.

“You can prove your loyalty by helping me release my army of stone warriors,” Sombra said.

Sombra and his followers headed south until they reached a hidden underground vault deep within the boreal forest.

“This is the vault where my stone army is buried. You may perform the ritual when ready, General Ling,” Sombra said.

“As you wish, my liege,” General Ling replied.

It wasn’t long before the cult was ready to begin the ritual for reviving the stone army. As the cult chanted, the vault opened. They kept chanting until the stone warriors came to life.

Some of the foot soldiers had equestrian-like features, with unicorn horns, pegasus wings, or neither, while others looked human. The features they all had in common were glowing green crystal eyes, red with dark gray features similar to plate armor, and they were all either black, dark or medium gray, or reddish brown. Alongside the foot soldiers were 10 foot tall stone titans with the same glowing green crystal eyes.

“All we need do now is to return to Crystal City, then we shall be ready for conquest soon enough,” Sombra said.

Soon enough, Sombra, the cult members, and the stone army reached the remains of Crystal City in the Laurentian Mountains. General Ling filled the dark king in on everything that happened in the past one thousand years.

“What is the meaning of all this, General Ling?” Sombra asked, noticing all the tourists, signs, and the nearby parking lots.

“The land has changed over the last one thousand years, my liege. The remains of Crystal City have since become one of the hottest tourist destinations in Canada,” General Ling replied.

“Since there’s hardly any security, reclaiming my home will be all too easy,” Sombra said, with an evil smile.

Meanwhile, Spike’s family, friends, girlfriends, and acquaintances were seated in attendance of Fancy Pants’ wedding to Stellar Flare, Snow Pearl, Lofty, and Holiday. The wedding was being held at Fancy Pants’ mansion. Zach was Fancy Pants’ best man, with Spike, himself as a groomsman. The bridesmaids were Sunset Shimmer, Scootaloo’s mom, Mane Allgood, and Silver Spoon’s mom, Mint Spoon. Scootaloo’s mom was a light tangelo pegasus woman with grayish purple eyes, blonde hair and tail, and an F-cup rack. Mint Spoon was a light bluish gray earth-born woman with indigo eyes, greenish gray hair and tail, and a G-cup rack.

Officiating the wedding was Mayor Ivory Scroll, she then began her announcement, “We are gathered here to witness the wedding of Fancy Pants, Stellar Flare, Snow Pearl, Lofty, and Holiday. They shall now recite their vows.”

“Ladies, I have loved you ever since we met. From this day forth, I shall be there for you in sickness and in health, in good times and bad times, and I promise to respect you and listen to you for all my time,” Fancy Pants said.

The four women each said their vows to Fancy Pants before the mayor continued, “Fancy Pants, do you take these women to be your wives?”

“I do,” Fancy Pants said.

“Stellar Flare, Snow Pearl, Lofty, and Holiday, do you take Fancy Pants to be your husband?” The mayor continued.

“We do,” the four women said in unison.

“By my powers, I pronounce you all husband and wives. You may kiss,” the mayor finished.

It was then that Fancy Pants shared a kiss with each of his new wives, then they placed rings on each other’s fingers.

It wasn’t long before the reception began. Fancy Pants danced with each of his wives first. Soon, everyone was mingling and dancing to some music. Spike was dancing with each of his girlfriends. Zach was also dancing with his own girlfriends. Afterwards, the newlyweds and the guests were eating from the buffet. Sunset and Sunburst noticed their mom was particularly interested in the fruit, veggie, and cheese platters, along with some salty items. Scootaloo and Silver Spoon noticed their aunts had the same food interests at the moment. Sunset, Sunburst, Scootaloo, and Silver Spoon also noticed their mom and aunts had Pepto Bismol on them.

“You’ve been extra hungry and taking Pepto Bismol lately, mom,” Sunset said, “What’s that all about?”

“I’ve been taking Pepto Bismol, because I’ve been feeling nauseous a lot. I haven’t felt like this since before you and Sunburst were born,” Stellar replied.

“Your point is?” Sunburst asked.

“I’m pregnant,” Stellar said.

Sunset and Sunburst’s eyes widened as they were surprised to hear that.

“Is something wrong?” Stellar asked.

“We’re just surprised is all, considering that we are almost 18 years old and on the verge of being adults,” Sunburst replied.

“Regardless of that. Congratulations, mom,” Sunset said.

Scootaloo and Silver Spoon were both happy upon finding out that their aunts were also pregnant.

“Congratulations, Aunt Snow Pearl,” Silver Spoon said.

“It’s about time, Aunt Holiday and Auntie Lofty. Congratulations,” Scootaloo said to her aunts.

It wasn’t long before everyone each had a slice of cake. Soon enough, the newlyweds were about to leave in Fancy Pants’ limo.

“Where are you all going for your honeymoon?” Scootaloo asked.

“In Cancún, Mexico at a beach resort,” Fancy Pants replied.

Just as Fancy Pants and his wives entered the limo, he threw the bouquet and Zach caught it. As the limo left, the guests enjoyed what was left of the reception.

Three hours later

Spike was at home watching BBC World News. It was then that the reporter appeared onscreen and began his broadcast, “Earlier today, the historic Crystal City was taken over by a hostile force, leaving hundreds of tourists dead, wounded, and terrified. The attacker had been identified as King Sombra, who had been defeated 1,000 years ago and suddenly returned with an army of ‘walking rocks’. It is theorized that the Sons of Sombra cult was responsible for the dark king’s return. Right now there’s no telling what Sombra is planning next, but all we can say is that we hope and pray that a brave champion will defeat him once and for all. Celestia, Luna, if you can hear this, please help us.”

“I need to tell Principal Celestia, Vice Principal Luna, and the girls about this soon,” Spike said to himself.