• Published 20th Jan 2022
  • 1,789 Views, 350 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls Going Digital - WarriorofFaith18

  • ...
20
 350
 1,789

Digi Spirit Quest PT 2

Yolei was feeling a little nervous. She found herself in a forest that was covered in huge spiderwebs. While she only seen small insect Digimon crawling on them, it still didn’t ease her tension.

“How come I end up in the Murkwood Forest?” she asked herself.

As she continued to walk, several shadows popped out from the trees above. As she looked around, Yolei looked up and screamed. Jumping from the trees were mini black spider-like creatures called KoDokumon that tried to web her. Quickly, she pulled out her Kurisama chain and sickle and started slashing like crazy. Luckily, she was able to slash or whack every single creature.

“Get me out of this horror nightmare!” she hollered.

She opened her eyes to find every one of them down before they deleted. She brushed the web off her and she took a couple deep breaths.

“Okay. Get a hold of yourself, Yolei. No one said this Spirit Quest was pretty. But it looks like it’s now over.”

Suddenly, she noticed a big shadow over her and looked up to see a figure with six legs jumping down on her. She quickly jumped away before it landed. It was a creepy spider lady with pale skin and white rough hair wearing a red gown with the bottom resembling a spider with spider legs.

“On the contrary, my dear, the nightmare has just begun!”

Yolei gasped as she saw the familiar lady. “Arukennimon? But how?”

“It’ll take more than MaloMyotismon to keep me away! Now I can have my revenge on you Digidestined, starting with you!”

Arukennimon scurried at Yolei’s direction as Yolei ran up to her and tried to attack, but Arukennimon blocked both the sickle and the weight then quickly held her by her arms.

“Not so tough without your friends to help you, huh?” Arukennimon teased as Yolei tried in vain to break free and threw her on a web. “SPIDER THREAD!” Before Yolei could react, Arukennimon fired web at her quickly cocooning her. “One down and five to go!”

Yolei struggled as she tried to break free from the cocoon. It was so hot in there and she was rapidly running out of air.

“I gotta get outta here! I’m gonna die in here!” she panted. She then remembered what Leo told her.

“Stormy seas grow calm when the wind stops blowing. Calm your mind and you find your solution.”

Yolei took a deep breath as she tightened her grip on her sickle. Her weapon began to glow bright red.

Outside, Arukennimon began to walk away from the cocoon. “I think I’ll go after Ken next. After all, we have a score with each other.” She then stopped to see a red light breaking through the cocoon before it exploded. Before she knew it, she was hit in the face and knocked off her feet. As she regained her composure, she gasped to see Yolei panting with a crazy look in her eyes. Her sickle now resembled Aquilamon’s wing while the weight looked his feather.

“You. Will. Not. HURT. KEN!” she hollered as she rammed the spider lady.

“Why would you care? It’s not like you’re his girlfriend.”

“Maybe not, but I still care for Ken as well as all my friends!” Yolei then wrapped her chain around Arukennimon’s waist and yanked herself to her and slashed her with her sickle then kicked her at a web. Arukennimon shrieked as the web broke, and she fell what looked like a cliff as trees fell with her.

Yolei fell to her knees panting as she looked at her transformed weapon. “I…care for Ken. I…care… for Ken. I…. Love Ken. I love him.” She got up as her weapon reverted to normal and began walking away. “I have to tell him.”

---------------

Ken was at a field of flowers near a gorge. He looked around and saw the mist passing the flowers.

“Looks peaceful enough, even if the mist is a little creepy.” He said to himself.

He was looking around when suddenly-

THWOMP!

Something nearly missed him. Luckily Ken was able slide away in time. He saw the smoke clear away and to his surprise, there was a creature that looked like he was made of rocks.

“A Gotsumon?” he gasped.

Normally, Gotsumon were friendly but clumsy Rookie Digimon, a ‘friendly rockhead’, Davis would joke, but this one was growling with glowing red eyes. Before Ken knew it, another Gotsumon landed near his left and another landed behind him and neither one looked happy to see him. Ken pulled out his tonfas as the three charged at him. Ken was able to deflect their attacks, but some hits caused him to recoil back.

“Why are you attacking me?” he cried.

Neither Gotsumon answered his question before they charged him again.

“Why does this look familiar?” Ken thought out loud. As he dodged another attack, he saw the answer that filled him with fear. There, on each Gotsumon’s right arm, was a black ring, or a Dark Ring as they were called.

“No. No! NO!” Ken twirled his tonfas as he waited for each Gotsumon to charge him again. As they reached him, Ken dodged the attacks and whacked the Dark Ring with his tonfa. When the three stopped, the Dark Rings cracked before breaking off as the Gotsumons’ eyes stopped glowing. They looked around confused before Ken walked up to them with a smile.

“You’re all free now. Better get on home.”

The Gotsumon waved at Ken, thanking him, and hurried on their way through the mist. When they were gone, Ken stood up with stern look.

“I know you’re there! Show yourself!” he shouted before a shadow appeared in the fog behind him. He then heard a sinister chuckle. And it was his voice!

“Not much into surprises, are you? You haven’t changed at all. After all, no one knows you better than me! Or should I say…. Yourself!”

Ken turned around frowning as the mist blew away, revealing the shadow to be Ken himself as he was before…. The Digimon Emperor.

The Digimon Emperor smirked. “It’s been a long time, Ichijouji! You look so thrilled to see me.”

“Only you would be my great adversary!”

“Wrong! I am the better you!” The Digimon Emperor circled around Ken as his smirk turn to a glare. “You had everything conquered in the Digital World and you were a super genius! A celebrity! And you just THREW IT ALL AWAY!”

Ken winced at the Digimon Emperor’s words. “We were hurting innocent Digimon.”

“INNOCENT? HA! I took away the pain you hid a long time ago! Remember Sammy?”

Ken fell to his knees remembering his deceased brother as The Digimon Emperor continued to torture him.

“And do you remember when you tried to be nice? Those Digi-Fools refused to fight alongside you! You should’ve left them at Arukennimon’s mercy! No one wanted you at all!”

“W-Wormmon wanted me back.” Ken lowered his head in shame.

“Wormmon. HA! He was beneath me! On the other hand, if I knew he could Digivolve into Stingmon, he would’ve been more worthy as my lieutenant.” Digimon Emperor smirked. “Face it, Ichijouji! You are nothing without me!” but then, he leaned closer to Ken. “However, I might be able to forgive you if you return to the winning side. We can regain control the Digital World, destroy Ripley and Lewej, wipe out the Digidestined as well those do-gooder ninjas! I can give you everything you ever wanted. All you have to do is say ‘Digimon Emperor, you are my superior’!”

Ken still had his head lowered as The Digimon Emperor stood up. “Well?”

Ken then began to studder. “D-Digimon Emperor…”

“Say it!”

“Y-You…”

“Go on!”

“You are…”

“Yes? Go on!”

Suddenly, Ken shot up his head looking serious again. “You are….. OUT OF YOUR MIND!” He then grabbed his tonfas and jumped up and hit the Digimon Emperor in the eye. As the Digimon Emperor glared at him, revealing a crack on his face, Ken then pointed his tonfa at him. “You know, I should thank you, Digimon Emperor. Everything you mentioned reminded me of all the good I did. Not as the Digimon Emperor. Not as a boy genius. But as myself, Ken Ichijouji, The Digidestined of Kindness!”

This made the Digimon Emperor crossed. “YOU’RE NOTHING! YOU’RE NOTHING WITHOUT ME!”

“I may be kept reminded of what did in the past, but as a good friend once told me, my past does not define me because my past is not TODAY!” As Ken made his declare, his tonfas glowed onyx bright before turning black with a grey spike, resembling Stingmon’s spiking strike.

Growling, the Digimon Emperor pulled out his whip and tried to whip Ken, who blocked with his tonfa then charged towards him and stabbing him in the gut. Then, the Digimon Emperor began to crack up more and more as light shot out of him as he screamed. He then exploded into a bright light as Ken shielded his eyes. As the light dimmed, Ken saw a new figure in the place of the Digimon Emperor. A better familiar figure. A boy near his age with blue hair and glasses.

“I knew you could do it, Kenny boy.” He smiled.

Ken smiled as he began to shed tears. “Sam.”

The two brothers embraced each other. As they broke, Ken spoke up. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to-”

Sam politely lifted his hand up. “I never blamed you, Ken. Things just happen. If anything, I’m sorry I scolded you that day.” He then held Ken’s hand and locked fingers. “One day, we will be a family again. Until then, my spirit will always be with you. Now go back to your friends. Go back…to her.”

Ken hugged his brother one last time before Sam began to sparkle away. As he was completely gone, Ken watched as the light ascended. He then lifted his tonfas to watch hem change back to normal. As he began to walk back, he pondered on the last thing his brother said. “Back…to her? Yolei.”

--------

Yolei walked a couple miles away from the webbed forest. She was remembering what she told herself after defeating Arukennimon.

“Okay. No more stalling. No more failed attempts. I tell Ken how I feel.” She told herself. She then stopped as she remembered when she started to feel for him when his team played Davis’ team in soccer. She felt heartbroken when she learned he was secretly the Digimon Emperor. Then, when the team learned that Ken was fighting Digimon created from Control Spires to redeem himself, it was almost as if the feeling rekindled inside her. She pulled out her D-Terminal to see the Email she sent him that day about looking forward to the day when he joined them. Ever since they defeated their enemies, she felt that she hardly had the time to express herself to Ken. She even denied them when Bonesteel teased her after she helped Ken during that. Taking a deep breath, she looked determined as she continued her way back.

Ken was in a forest as he looked at his D-Terminal and pulled up the same Email Yolei sent him. He had kept it as a sign of hope when he and Wormmon were working on redemption. He remembered the times they’ve work together, from when she slapped him to get him to come help them to when he helped her deal with Digimon in Kyoto. He even remembered when she shared her concern for him when Oikawa infected kids with Dark Spores. He did secretly think Yolei was pretty in many ways. Would she really like him? Only one way to find out.

“Well, here goes nothing.” He spoke and continued onward.

Soon, Both Ken and Yolei came out of the woods and into a field. Yolei turned to see Ken and her eyes lit up while Ken smiled at her. After a moment of silence, Yolei made her way to Ken and quickly wrapped him in her arms and locked her lips on his. Ken was surprised as his face turned red. When she realized how quick she was, Yolei quickly let him go as her face was bright red.

“Sorry!” she stammered. “Sorry, I don’t know what came over me. Hope I didn’t startle you or-”

Smiling, Ken touched Yolei’s chin and turned her back to him.

“Yeah okay.” Yolei whispered as the two kissed again. This kiss lasted longer as the two embraced. When the two stopped kissing, they still held each other as Yolei spoke. “I’ve been really wanting to do that for a long time.”

“I’m glad we did it too.” Ken nodded.

As they continued to head back to the Primary Village, Ken turned to Yolei. “So should we tell the others when we get back?”

Yolei thought for a bit. “Maybe after we beat the bad guys.”

Ken nodded in agreement as they held hands as they walked together.

-----------

“Kari!”

“Kari, where are you?”

“KAAAAAARIIIIIIIIIII!”

Leo, Shine Boy, April, Sunset, Karai, and Night Shine along with Patamon and Gatomon have been looking for Kari all morning with no sign of the Digidestined girl.

“Come on, Kari! Speak up for crying out loud!” Night Shine hollered as everyone deadpanned him.

“She’s got to be around her somewhere.” Sunset looked around.

Shine Boy held up a device that beeped and flashed. “Good thing Andromon upgraded my LifeMeter last time in New York. If she’s near, it’ll detect her.”

April held her head. “I’m not feeling her around here.”

“Let’s keep looking.” Leo suggested before they all heard rustling in the bushes.

“Kari? Is that you?” Sunset asked.

Then, out from the bushes came T.K. “Am I glad I found you guys!”

“T.K.!” Patamon cried as he hugged his partner.

“Welcome back.” Shine Boy smiled.

Leo walked to T.K. and looked at his face. “There’s no doubt about it. You succeeded in your Spirit Quest.”

“Good work.” Sunset smiled.

“And I think I unlocked the hidden power Splinter mentioned.” T.K. held up his staff. “During the fight, my Bo staff transformed and resembled Angemon’s staff.”

“Probably would explain why Patamon was glowing not too long ago.” Karai pointed.

Patamon nodded. “It was then that I knew you succeeded, T.K.!”

T.K. smiled before getting back on track. “Any luck on finding Kari?”

“Zilch.” Night Shine sighed.

“She couldn’t have gone far.” Sunset assured.

Then, April felt her head and turned around. “Guys! Something’s going on with Gatomon!”

Everyone turned to the said Digimon, who began to cringe in pain.

“Gatomon! What’s wrong?” Gasped Karai.

“I don’t know. It’s like something inside of me is trying to come out! Something horrible! Something so bad I never knew about, even when I worked for Myotismon!” As the cat panted, a big shadow loomed from underneath her. It looked like an armored version of Angewomon with demon wings before vanishing. “I think something horrible is happening to Kari!”

“We’re running out of time!” cried T.K.

“We gotta find her!” Leo declared as Shine Boy picked up Gatomon.

“C’mon!” April called as they hurried to find their friend.

To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

Will they find Kari and save her in time? Or will she succumb to the darkness? Find out next time!

Well there you go. Yolei and Ken's Spirit Quest ends with them coming together. and yes I ship them.

-The place Yolei ends up in does resemble Murkwood Forest from The Hobbit since she fought Arukennimon. I also thought it be perfect for what Yolei had to work on about being overwhelmed.

- Ken's Spirit Quest location resembles the place they battled Kerpymon in Digimon the Movie or Hurricane Touchdown.

-Who better for Ken to face than the Digimon Emperor. The scene was based on the scene from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers where Goldar taunts Tommy for loosing his Green Ranger powers while the ending with Sam was inspired by the scene from the first Mortal Kombat movie where Kung Lao sees Liu Kang one last time.

-The Kiss scene of Yolei and Ken is similar to the kiss scene from Disney's Tarzan.

- If you're wondering what the shadow that appeared under Gatomon was, it was Ophanimon Fallout Mode. I had no intention of having Gatomon digivolve to her so I thought I'd at least have her made a cameo.

Special thanks to Ezio1-3 for his help on this.

Next time: Dark Ocean Battle