• Published 20th Jan 2022
  • 1,784 Views, 350 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls Going Digital - WarriorofFaith18

  • ...
20
 350
 1,784

The Dreaded New Duo/An Enemy Within?!

At the villains’ hideout, Chaos Mage entered a room where Ripley and Lewej were sharing a drink.

“Ripley!” he hollered. “Our lookout has reported Shine Boy along with the Ninjas, Rainbooms, and Digidestined have arrived at the Primary Village.”

“What?” Lewej shot up.

“I knew those Digi brats would call Shine Boy and his friends should they notice we were here.” Ripley huffed as he drank his drink.

Just then, Mortar came in the room to report. “I must inform you both that Shine Boy and his friends had defeated the Kimeramon we revived.”

“Now why doesn’t that surprise me?” Ripley muttered. “No matter. Kimeramon had served his purpose in slowing our enemies.”

“How can you be so calm knowing our enemies are next door, dear?” Lewej asked.

“I am aware you’d worry, my love. Our forces have failed against them. Devimon had failed. I have failed.” As Ripley spoke, he walked up to a couple cages where there was clanging to be heard. “But only because I revived one Digimon. This time, we revived two Digimon!” he smirked as a metal claw is seen reaching out one of the cages.

-------

After resting from their long journey to the Primary Village, The heroes continued the older Digidestined’s ninja training. While Mikey and Keno privately trained Josh, Karai stood ready as the older kids stood ready with wooden katanas to spar. Sora then jumped in and attacked Karai, only for the kinoichi to deflect every hit and hit her from the back.

“Do not lead with your shoulders, Sora.” Karai instructed as Sora recoiled.

Then, Matt tried to jump her, but was quickly deflected and fell over.

“Faster on your counterattack, Matt.”

Izzy jumped in and almost landed a hit before Karai hit him on his shoulder.

“Watch your blindspots, Izzy.”

Mimi was next to attack but was disarmed quickly while Karai held her wooden sword at her.

“Tighten your grip on your weapon, Mimi.”

Joe was next to try. Then he was easily tripped by Karai.

“Mind your footwork, Joe.”

Tai charged in. when he missed, he threw his wooden sword at Karai, who easily deflected it and pinned him to a tree.

“You are distracted, Tai. You need to focus your attack!”

“Hmm.” Was all Tai said as Karai let him pick up his training sword.

“Again!”

As they continued to train, their Digimon partners watched them.

“Wow! Karai’s not kidding around training Sora and the others.” Biyomon pointed out.

“I remember Adagio saying she was a lot stricter when they worked for that Shredder guy.” Tentomon recalled.

“Hate to have met her then.” Gabumon shuddered.

“Must be on her nice side.” Gomamon shrugged.

“Well, the training will be well worth it to beat those bad guys.” Agumon hoped.

“You can do it, Mimi!” Palmon cheered.

Agumon looked over to Tai, remembering what Karai said about him being distracted, and worried about his buddy still not trusting Josh and Keramon.

Not far from them, Davis and his team, along with the CMCs, were sparring with some of the Rainbooms, April, Casey, Keno, Starlight Glimmer, and Shinigami. Applebloom sparred with Applejack, Rainbow against Davis, Cody with Shine Girl, Scootaloo with Casey, Sweetie Belle with April, T.K. with Pinkie, Kari with Twilight, Ken with Starlight, and Yolei with Shini. As they sparred, Starlight shared her not so bright moments with Ken.

“So, you actually found a way to travel back in time?” Ken asked as his tonfas clashed with Starlight’s bow.

“Yeah. After Princess Twilight and the Rainbooms’ counterparts stopped my cutie mark stealing scheme, I found a time traveling spell to stop them from being friends in the first place. It kept resulting in terrible futures in Equestria until Twilight opened my eyes. If I hadn’t accepted her offer her friendship, I wouldn’t have good friends like Trixie and Maud as well as reunited with my old friend Sunburst.”

“Glad I hadn’t thought of time traveling as the Digimon Emperor. It probably been like your experience.”

“Yeah. But still, controlling Digimon with dark rings? Creating Kimeramon? Wow.”

“Still not my favorite highlights” Ken sighed.

“At least Wormmon stood by you no matter what.”

“Yeah. I’m glad he never gave up on me.” Ken nodded as they continued to spar.

Meanwhile, as they sparred, Davis then asked Rainbow a question. “So, how come you and Rarity aren’t training your sisters like Applejack?”

“Well, actually, Scootaloo’s my fan. Second, I don’t mind. Scoots could learn something from Casey. And, if I heard right, April is doing a favor for Rarity by training Sweetie Belle while she’s prepping herself while on guard duty with Love Shine.”

“Guess that makes sense.” Davis shrugged.

“Why? Afraid I’m too awesome to handle, Davis?” Rainbow taunted.

“Oh yeah? Well I’m awesomer!” Davis smirked.

“That’s not even a word!” But Davis and Rainbow didn’t hear Twilight as they sparred.

Twilight herself went back to sparring with Kari. As her spear hit her tessen, Twilight noticed Kari didn’t seem to be concentrating as she froze a couple times. Then, she accidentally knocked Kari’s tessen out of her hand.

“Are you okay, Kari? This is the fourth time you hesitated.”

“Sorry. Just a lot on my mind.” Kari shrugged.

“If it’s about Ripley and Lewej, we’ll beat them by working together. But Leo wants us to sharpen our skills.”

“Sorry. I’ll try harder.” Kari promised. She showed a little improvement, but Twilight still worried about her friend. She wasn’t the only one as Gatomon noticed with the other Digimon and Spike watching the spars.

Over to Applebloom, she used her tanto blade to block Applejack’s shuko claws as her sister coached her.

“Good block, sugarcube. Just make sure you know when to attack or keep blocking.”

She then used her claws to disarm her little sister.

“Like now?” Applebloom grinned as she tackled Applejack and began tickling her.

“No! Wait! Ha ha! Applebloom! You! Ha ha!” Applejack laughed as she slipped off her claws. “So, you wanna play that way, huh? How’s these apples?” she began to give her little sister a nuggie as the two laughed heartily.

“Well, it looks like those two are having fun.” Armadillomon looked up.

“I think it has something to do with them being sisters or something.” Pondered Veemon.

“Something like that.” Spike confirmed.

Meanwhile, Yolei dodged Shini’s attack while doing maneuvers with her karisama chain.

“Glad to see you’re improving on your movement, Yolei.” The witch girl smiled.

“Yeah. Thankfully, Cody helped me find time to train between keeping tabs on the Digital World, helping at my family’s convenient store, and schoolwork.”

“That’s good! I was more worried that you would be too shook up from back at the waterfall.”

“I’ve backed down when things got bad too many times. I don’t want to do that ever again.” Yolei stated.

Shini nodded as they continued their spar. Over to Cody and Shine Girl, the young boy clashed his swords with Shine Girl’s baton before disarming the heroine. Cody then used a sweep kick, tripping Shine Girl before pointing his sword at her.

“Do you yield?”

Shine Girl was unfazed. “Always check all options before declaring victory.” she then slammed her baton, sending it flying before it knocked Cody’s kodachis out of his hands. “Over confidence can shift the balance between victory and defeat.”

Cody bowed in respect. “I’ll try better.”

“However, your grandpa has trained you well.” Shine Girl assured as she handed Cody his weapon back. “Let’s go again.”

“Of course.” Cody accepted and they continued.

Casey was still coaching Scootaloo as he blocked her attack. “Aright. Not bad. Not bad. Keep at it, Scoots.”

“I’m just getting warmed up.” Scootaloo grinned.

T.K. tried to Pinkie who kept dodging left to right.

“Come on, T.K.! I’m over here! Over Here! Over here!” The party girl taunted as she bounced all around.

“And they say Dodging is really difficult.” T.K. mumbled before he got an idea. “Hey Patamon! That’s a delicious looking cupcake you found there!”

“Where? Where?” This was enough to distract Pinkie for T.K. to grabbed her with a full nelson.

“Gotcha!”

“Real clever.” Pinkie grinned.

April was showing Sweetie Belle some ninja tricks Splinter taught her. Sweetie tried one before she fell on her seat.

“That was a good try there, Sweetie. Just don’t hesitate when executing.” April instructed as she helped her up.

“Okay.” Groaned Sweetie.

“That looked painful.” Hawkmon winced.

“At least they’re learning.” Wormmon said.

“Wonder how the others are doing with Leomon and Ogremon?” Patamon wondered.

Near a ledge of a mountain, Leo, Donnie, Raph, Bebop, and Rocksteady were sparring with Leomon and Ogremon while in their Digi Armors. They each fought either Leomon and Ogremon who blocked each attack and tried to counterattack. Leomon blocked a split kick from Leo before the two fought with their swords.

“Your father has taught you all well.” Leomon admitted before blocking an attack from Donnie.

“Your pretty good yourself, Leomon.” Leo nodded.

“Tell me again why Mikey isn’t in on this?” Raph asked.

“He’s helping Keno train Josh, remember?” Donnie recalled.

“We’ll make sure he catches up.” Leo promised.

Ogremon and Rocksteady were wrestling each other as they talked.

“I love Digi Armor! I feel twice as strong!” Rocksteady boasted.

“Least we’re on the same side or I’d be major jealous.” Ogremon shrugged.

Bebop then jumped over Rocksteady’s shoulder and jumped off Ogremon’s head. “I know, right? Makes me wanna shake my groove thaaaaaang! HeeHeeeeeee!” he sang as he jumped off and danced around.

“Gotta love a guy who loves this work.” Ogremon mumbled.

Josh dodged some blows from Keno and blocked a swift Nunchuck strike from Mikey. "you're learning fast, bro!" Mikey said.

Josh Chuckled. "Thanks. But I'm really impressed with your own skills, Mikey. You think you could teach me to handle my own pair of chuks?"

Mikey grinned ear to ear. "DUDE! I always wanted to pass my sweet chuck skills to a student!" This made Josh grin with glee.

Keno raised a brow. “What about Bright Eyes?”

“Oh well. Like doing it twice!”

As they were sparring, Keramon sat on the sidelines. He called out to them, "Hey, wanna hear about some of our adventures before we met you guys?"

“Hey, that got me curious. Let’s hear it.” Keno smiled.

Keramon sighed: "Well one of the first things we faced were Digimon that caused havoc in our town in the real world. Like Clockmon."

Keno tilted his head."Clockmon?"

Keramon nodded. "he used his powers to target children and steal their time."

Mikey scratched his head. "Steal their time?"

Keramon nodded. "He hit them with his hammer then stole years off their lives."

Josh shuddered. "I witnessed him attack a girl in my class. He stole her time and I watched her age from a teenage girl to a wrinkly old woman near death in a matter of moments! Then he came after me!!"

Keno and Mikey were shocked.

“Wouldn’t like that to happen. Too much I wanna do before I grow old.” Keno admitted.

“Wonder what I’d look like if I was that old?” Mikey pondered as multiple visions came to thought.

Josh nodded. "But thankfully, Keramon saved me. He damaged Clockmon's clock hands and all the time he stole went back to everyone he stole them from, good as new."

Keramon jumped up. "Then I digivolved into Chrysalimon and laid the smackdown on him! But his hammer ended up hitting himself and turned his powers on himself! He rapidly aged until he was destroyed, transformed back into a digi-egg."

“Reap what you sow, my dad always says.” Keno grinned while Mikey laughed his head off.

“Now that’s funny karma there!”

Josh tapped his chin. "It does seem ironic, doesn't it? What seems more ironic is that our enemies would try reviving Digimon from the primary village into bad guys. I hope we stop them before they do too much damage. "

Keramon nodded. "Luckily, we can go beyond Champion stage and into Ultimate and Mega anytime we want."

This caught the attention of Izzy, who was taking a break. "WHAT? You already found your crests?!"

Josh looked confused. "Found? I've always had it." he then held up his digivice, which they now noticed had a different shape.

Josh tapped a button and a symbol appeared on the screen that looked like a lightbulb. "This is the Crest of Imagination. Built right into my digivice. What, you don't have this? I thought all digivices did."

As they explained, no one noticed Tai frowning before walking another direction.

Matt spoke. “You see, our Digivices are an older model. Back in our day, we had our crests in tags, which we all had to find because they were hidden by Devimon and the Dark Masters around the continent of Servo.”

“While Kari’s was in Myotismon’s possession.” Sora added as Izzy continued.

“While they were our ticket to defeat our enemies, they ended getting destroyed by our greatest enemy Apocylamon. While we found out our crests were in our hearts and bond and we defeated Apocylamon, we eventually returned that power to restore the Digital World.”

Josh frowned. "So you can't have your digimon digivolve further than champion? That's not right. It's not fair if I'm the only one who can do it."

Keramon frowned. "I wanted to fight alongside a Mega."

Davis, who was still sparring, overheard and spoke up.

“Well, our Digimon have been able to become ultimates by DNA Digivolving, as you recall from our battle with Kimeramon.” He explained before he was tackled by Rainbow.

Ken continued while he and Starlight took a break. “And our Digimon have been able to digivolve to mega as Imperialdramon. Still does.”

Joshua nodded. "We did notice. I guess I can get consolation from that. I guess my digivice is a newer model."

Keramon elbowed him playfully."Kinda makes you feel special, huh?" He asked. Joshua chuckled and nodded. "Yeah. Reminds me of when we met that Mummymon who wanted to be a doctor."

“Wait! Did you say Mummymon?” Davis gasped.

Josh nodded. "Yes. There was a Mummymon kidnapping people near the museum in my town and trying to wrap them up like mummies. He thought he was healing them since they ancient Egyptians tried to do that and he learned it from the exhibit. After getting into a fight with Chrysalis on, I told him he would have killed them if he went through with it, since it is a thousands of years out of date technique. I let everyone go after that and started studying modern medicine from the local hospitals. Honestly, he had good intentions, but didn't know what he was doing."

"We have had our own encounter with another Mummymon." Ken frowned. "Only this one aided our enemy Arukennimon in trying to destroy the Digital World."

"Hmmm. wonder how good Mummymon would be at funky rap." Mikey wondered imagining Mummymon wearing DJ bling at a turntable while Mikey was in rap getup while holding Ice Cream Kitty.

"I doubt it, Mikey." Davis popped his fantasy bubble.

Josh chuckled. "I like Mikey's style."

Keramon nodded. "Me too."

Back in the Village, Fluttershy and Gamer were helping Elecmon feed the baby Digimon.

“Here you go, little one.” The shy girl cooed as a Punimon accepted a fish and started nibbling.

Elecmon walked up. “I halfta admit. I’m impressed, Fluttershy. A lot of the babies have taken a liking to you.”

“Well, I have had practice with the animals at the animal shelter I work at.” She then looked over to Gamer who was trying to feed a Botamon. “How are you doing, Gamer?”

Gamer looked discouraged. “Well, I was doing fine until this guy. He doesn’t seem to want to eat.”

Elecmon looked closer. “I think you’re trying to feed him through his nose.”

“Oh.” Gamer lowered the fish and the Botamon finally accepted and began to eat. “Anyway, I could a learn lot about Digimon doing this.”

Fluttershy smiled before looking around. “Do you know where your brothers went?”

“Shine Boy went to check on Love Shine and Rarity. Said he’ll be back shortly. Luke is just doing his thing.” Gamer pointed to Night Shine who was hanging from a tree branch doing sit-ups.

“And Sunset?”

“She’s writing in that magic journal of hers. She said she wanted to tell Twilight’s counterpart about the situation.”

Just then, Shine Boy walked up. “Yeah. She’ll be around in a bit. I just passed her on my way back.”

“How are Love Shine and Rarity doing?”

“Well, Fluttershy, they’re doing fine. So far, things are pretty quiet over to where Ripley and his forces are. Though I’d have to agree with Sweetie Belle that Rarity wanted to be with Love Shine alone.”

Everyone chuckled at Shine Boy’s joke as he then asked. “So, how’s everyone doing in their training?”

“Karai was training Tai and the others while the others sparred. Leomon and Ogremon are training with the turtles, minus Mikey, Bebop, and Rocksteady. Mikey and Keno were training Josh.”

“Good. I just hope we’re ready for whatever Ripley and Lewej throw at us and stop this virus.” Shine Boy looked over head.

-------

Meanwhile, back at their headquarters, Ripley and Lewej watched the cells where the two new mutated Digimon were contained as they banged on them.

“Those won’t hold them for long.” Lewej observed.

“Then I guess it’s time they see who their master is.” Ripley decided before turning to Gladitron. “Gladitron! Remove the bar!”

“As you command.” Gladitron walked up to the cage and roared, causing the captives to back away as he removed the bar from the doors and hurrying away.

“Come forth!” Ripley demanded.

The cell doors were knocked over, revealing the two new Digimon. One was a robotic skeleton whose spine was on an energy ball wearing a black robe and cape. He carried an energy scythe.

The other looked like a beautiful female whose appearance is a cross between a demonic priestess and a feudal Japanese courtesan, wearing long, purple robes over a latex catsuit. It has the Mark of Evil on its forehead. Its hair was black like the demonic bat-like wings protruding from its back, its eyes were blue and its skin was rather pale, similar to a vampire. It wore an inscribed golden gauntlet named "Nazar Nail" over its right arm and wore purple eye shadow, lipstick and nail polish as makeup.

“A reaper! And a vampire. Incredible!” Ripley awed.

Lewej was equally impressed. “They look very menacing!”

The two Digimon began to look like they wanted to fight. Ripley stood strong and welcomed their behavior. “Yes. Come! Attack me if you must. When it is over, you will call me Master!”

--------

Back in the Primary Village, Sunset had finished talking to Princess Twilight through her journal and was on her way back to the others when she met up with Shine Boy, Leo, Cody, and Armadillomon who met her halfway.

“Hey, guys.” She greeted.

“Hey, Sunset. How’s everything with Princess Twilight?” Leo asked.

“Real great. While she shares our concern about Ripley and the virus, she believes we can win. She also hopes to meet the Digidestined as well your team as well someday, Shine Boy.”

“I shall look forward to that day.” Shine Boy looked.

“Guys! Look!” Everyone looked to see where Cody pointed. There was a small round green Digimon with stubby legs and dark green hair like a tomato.

“Who’s that?” Sunset asked.

“It’s Datirimon! He was originally supposed to be Oikawa’s Digimon partner!” Cody explained.

“What’s he doing?” Armadillomon wondered as Datirimon jumped up and down.

“Well, he’s got our attention.” Leo noticed.

“Hey there, little guy.” Shine Boy walked up to Datirimon only for the Digimon to hurry a little way and began jumping again. “It looks like he’s trying to lead us somewhere.”

“Should we trust him?” Leo asked Cody.

“I think so.”

“Let’s go get the others.” Sunset suggested.

“Looks like he’s heading further into the woods! Guess we’ll have to go without them.” Shine Boy stated.

“Let’s go!” Leo agreed as the four follow Datirimon into the forest.

The little Digimon led them to a peaceful clearing about a mile away from the Primary Village.

“Where are we?” Leo wondered.

“I don’t know, but it feels so…. peaceful.” Shine Boy admitted.

“I could really have a nap here.” Armadillomon yawned.

Sunset noticed Datirimon sitting down. “I guess he wants us to sit.”

As they sat down around Datirimon, Leo spoke up. “I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like meditating here.”

“Meditate?” Cody blinked.

“You know I feel like it too.” Shine Boy concurred as he pulled out some beads from his belt.

“I have a feeling that is what Datirimon wants us to do.” Sunset noticed the said Digimon relaxing.

“Is it really hard?” Cody asked.

“Not really, Cody. Just close your eyes and concentrate. Concentrate hard.” Leo instructed as he began to meditate.

Cody watched as Sunset and Shine Boy began to meditate too while Shine Boy held the beads and quietly chanted and did as he was told. As the four meditated, and Armadillomon napped, things sparkled around them before they were engulfed in a blinding light.

--------

The four woke up to see they were surrounded by nothingness. Everything was just bright and white.

“Where are we?” Cody asked.

“It must be some sort of spirit world of the Digital World.” Sunset guessed.

“Makes sense since we had to meditate to come here.” Shine Boy looked around.

“There must be a reason why we’re here.” Leo wondered before hearing a familiar voice.

“There is, my son.” They all turned to see Master Splinter walked up. “A very good reason.”

“Sensei!” Leo and Sunset cried as they embraced him.

“I am always happy to see you again.” The Sensei smiled.

Shine Boy bowed in respect. “Master Splinter. It is an honor to meet you, even if it’s your spirit.”

“It is an honor to meet you as well, Shine Boy.” Splinter smiled before turning to Cody. “And you must be Cody of the Digidestined.”

“Yes sir. It is an honor to meet you.” Cody also bowed.

“The honor is mine.” Splinter nodded. “But I’m afraid our reunion isn’t under better circumstances.”

“We know. Ripley and Lewej are unleashing a virus and mutating more Digimon.” Leo stated.

“Yes, but I’m afraid there is an even greater threat that not even they know about.”

“A bigger threat?” Gasped Cody.

“What do you mean, Sensei?” Sunset asked in worry.

“To answer your question, we must show the window to the past.”

“We?” Leo asked.

“Like you all, Leonardo, I have made new friends from other worlds.” Splinter stepped aside to show a tall man with long black hair wearing a purple trenchcoat over a red shirt and black tie along with black pants.

“Hello, Cody. It is great to see you again.” He smiled.

Cody wide eyed as he recognized the man. “Mr. Oikawa!”

“Yes. Do not be alarmed. It’s the real me that isn’t possessed by MaloMyotismon.” Oikawa knelt to Cody’s level as the young Digidestined looked to see his former enemy had normal skin and calm eyes, just as he did before he gave his life for The Digital World.

“It IS you!” Cody cried as he hugged his dad’s old friend.

“I am glad to see Datirimon was able to get your attention.” Oikawa nodded as he stood up. “Even though my body is gone, we were still able to communicate with each other. When I met Master Splinter, who wanted to warn you all, I had him lead you to a good spot to show you all through meditation.”

“Good choice.” Shine Boy grinned.

Splinter then spoke up. “Now, to fully understand this new enemy, let us show you the past.”

“Observe.” Oikawa held hand up along with Splinter and the scenery began to change as the four began to observe the scenes to come.

Before long, the four found themselves in the mountain area.

“Where’s this?” asked Cody.

“Looks like the mountain area of some sort.” Shine Boy observed.

“This is the past. Eight years ago.” Oikawa explained.

“Kraang Prime, I presume?”

The group looked over to see some familiar villains from their past.

“It’s the Kraang! And Kraang Prime!” Leo gasped.

“That’s the Kraang?” Shine Boy blinked.

“Who are they talking to?” Sunset wondered.

“They are the Dark Masters.” Oikawa answered. “Piedmon. Metalseadramon. Machinedramon. And Puppetmon.”

“So those are the Dark Masters we’ve been told about.” Shine Boy recalled.

“They look as tough as how Izzy and the older kids described them.” Cody shuddered.

The group then listened to their conversation as Piedmon chuckled.

“Hmm. So let me get this straight. You claim you can help us by offering your technology to us so you can use your miracle gel to make our world suitable for your kind?”

“Hahaha! I ain't using that gunk to look like a wad of chewing gum! And Machinedramon's ugly enough as it is!” Machinedramon growled at Puppetmon’s jester.

“That is the dumbest thing I ever heard! I thought Piedmon convinced us you guys were smart!” MetalSeadramon roared.

Kraang Prime glared at the four’s insults. “You dare mock Kraang? Kraang will destroy!”

The group watched as The Dark Masters forced The Kraang back to Dimension X.

“Look!” Everyone saw Shine Boy point to a canister of mutagen that fell to the mountain below during the fight. As they floated towards the canister, they noticed Machinedramon smashing the portal before the Dark Masters all flew off not noticing.

“I guess they didn’t notice the canister that fell here.” Leo observed.

“Or cared.” Shine Boy added.

“Probably better that way.” Sunset figured trying to grab the canister when her hand went through it. “Oh right. It’s the past.”

“Now some time has passed.” Splinter said as they fast forward a bit. When it stopped, they heard a new voice.

“What do we have here?”

The group looked to see two blue wolf like creatures walk up to the canister. The one with shades picked up the canister.

“What is that?” the other one asked.

“No idea.” The shade one pondered. “But maybe Lord Etemon might find use for it. Whatever it is.”

“Who are they?” Shine Boy asked as the two scurry off.

“They are Gazimon.” Cody recalled. “I remember T.K. told me they were troublemakers who served their old enemy, Etemon. Nowadays, they’re a lot nicer after we saved them from the Digimon Emperor.”

“Yeah, I remember Tai and the others telling me about Etemon.” Sunset pondered before gasping. “Could Ripley be reviving Etemon like he did with Devimon?”

“I’m afraid the threat is greater than Etemon.” Splinter sighed as they now stood in front of a mobile trailer as they heard shouting and saw the Gazimon getting thrown out.

“You overgrown dust bunnies! You come to bother me with this?” stomping out of the trailer was a monkey like figure wearing shades.

“But lord Etemon! We thought it could be useful!” pleaded the Gazimon with shades.

Etemon held up the canister. “What makes you think I need a stupid little lava lamp? How is THIS gonna help me rule the Digital World?”

Before the two could plea more, another Gazimon came out of the trailer. “Lord Etemon! I just got word the Digidestined are arriving on Sever nearing the Korromon village!”

Etemon thought for a moment before he looked at the two. “Fortunately for you throw rugs, the real targets are on their way! Get to the Korromon village and tell the Pagumon to give them a warm welcome!”

“Right away, Sir!” Gazimon bowed before the two hurried away.

As they left, Etemon looked at the canister before tossing it like garbage. “Green isn’t my color anyway!” he mumbled as he walked back in his trailer.

Back to the present group, Shine Boy tried to hide a laugh. “Forgive me. I know this is serious, but the way Etemon talked sounded funny to me.”

“Understandable.” Splinter chuckled as more time passed.

As the canister of Mutagen laid in the sand, another Digimon flew up to it. This one was round and flew like a bat and looked an awfully like Devimon.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” he sneered at the canister. “Must’ve fallen from Etemon’s dumb truck. Oh well. Finders’ keepers!” He snatched the canister and flew off. “Don’t know what this is, but I bet Myotismon might find use for it.”

“Was he related to Devimon?” Leo asked.

“That must be DemiDevimon. The one who tried to manipulate the Digidestined! Remember how Mimi met the Gekomon?” Sunset remembered.

“Indeed, Sunset Shimmer.” Oikawa nodded. “And I am sure you three are familiar with Myotismon?”

“The Digimon who possessed your body? Who Gatomon used to work for? I remember.” Shine Boy recalled.

“And is this threat bigger than him?” Leo asked his father.

“I’m afraid so, Leonardo.” Splinter nodded.

As they watched DemiDevimon fly off, Shine Boy noticed something about the canister. “Did you guys see that?”

“See what?” Cody raised.

“I think the mutagen in the canister flickered purple for a second.”

Everyone watched as DemiDevimon flew to a castle that looked like something out of a vampire movie. He then gave the canister to a tall figure that looked like a vampire wearing a maroon eye mask and a red and black cape.

“That must be Myotismon’s original form.” Cody gasped.

Shine Boy sweated. “Even as a memory, I can feel the darkest in his soul.”

“He could give Shredder or Sombra a run for their money.” Sunset shivered.

“Yeah.” Leo whispered.

They all listened in as Myotismon observed the canister. “So, this was from what was left of Etemon’s Dark Network?”

“That’s right, Lord Myotismon! He was defeated by the Digidestined! Also, the boy with the Agumon disappeared with him and the other kids are separating to find him!” cackled DemiDevimon.

“That may prove useful to us. Go to the forest and await further instructions, DemiDevimon! I have an idea that will make their crests useless.”

“Right away, your malevolence!” As DemiDevimon flew away, Myotismon sneered at the canister.

“I don’t know what this is, but it might be useful later.” He muttered as he set it on his shelf and left the room, unaware the mutagen flickered purple again.

But Sunset noticed. “Now I saw it.”

“I’m sure it’s pretty obvious, but that canister has something to do with this big threat, doesn’t it?” Shine Boy asked.

“Your suspicions are correct, Shine Boy.” Splinter nodded.

The group then watched as time passed. They watched as Myotismon’s castle was destroyed and the canister became lost as the Dark Masters transformed the Digital World into Spiral Mountain. It then floated into the dark void during the battle with Apocalymon. It was there that Leo and Cody notice the mutagen flickering purple more. As the Digital World rebuilt itself, the canister landed back on the ground. As time passed, the group noticed the mutagen kept flickering purple. Then, something tall was created over the mutagen.

“What is that?” Sunset gasped.

“A Control Spire!” Cody answered. “They were how The Digimon Emperor controlled Digimon with his Dark Rings.”

“Well, it looks like that canister is buried now under it.” Leo observed.

Then something caught Shine Boy’s eye. “Is that…. Ken?”

Everyone looked to see what appeared to be Ken. Only he was sporting spiky hair in varying shades of blue and light blue. He wore yellow sunglasses with purple lenses, a blue, gray and white jumpsuit, black shoes, cuffs on his wrists and ankles, a dark gray belt with a yellow buckle on it, and also a blue cape with a yellow lining that looks very much like insect wings, with golden-yellow shoulder pads.

“Time to gather more slaves.” He snickered as he readied a whip.

“Yeah. That’s what he looked like as the Digimon Emperor.” Cody turned away.

“My word!” Sunset held her mouth.

“Whoa.” Whispered Leo.

“Yeah. Whoa.” Shine Boy agreed.

Oikawa noticed Sunset looking frightened at what she saw and held his hand up. “You probably shouldn’t need to see this.”

As time flashed forward, Leo and Shine Boy coaxed their friend.

“It’s okay, Sunset. Remember, this is the past.” Leo assured her.

“And I’m sure Ken regrets all that.” Shine Boy smiled warmly.

Sunset looked him as she shed a tear. “I know. It’s just seeing him like that reminds me of my past.”

Cody looked at Sunset in remorse as Splinter placed his hand on her shoulder. “It is understandable that you are still hurt from your past mistakes, Sunset, but you should let it define how far you've come and who you really are in the here and now.”

Sunset smiled at him, beginning to feel better. Shine Boy walked to the Control Spire.

“So long until that canister stayed buried under- WHOA!” Shine Boy was thrown back as the Spire was smashed. “Well guess that answers that.” He then noticed a tall figure standing in front of him. The figure resembled Agumon’s mega form, WarGreymon, only he was blacker and more looked more menacing.

“It’s BlackWarGreymon!” gasped Cody.

“I remember you guys talking about him, but he looks menacing.” Leo admitted.

“He definitely looks threatening.” Sunset admitted as they heard what the Digimon said.

“I must find the Destiny Stone and destroy it! It is the only way I’ll face my worthy opponent!” BlackWarGreymon then flew off in anger.

Not long after he left, the group noticed a jeep drove up to the now destroyed Spire. In it were two figures. One was a woman with white hair wearing a red dress and hat and sunglasses. The other was an old looking man with gray skin under a blue coat and pants and hat.

The woman grumbled. “BlackWarGreymon is destroying everything in his path to find that Destiny Stone! We better find it before those kids intervene!”

The man noticed something where the Control Spire was and stopped the jeep.

“Mummymon! What are you doing? We need to follow BlackWarGreymon!” the woman cried as he hurried over.

“But Arukennimon! I just saw something not familiar!” Mummymon grabbed the canister. “I never seen anything like it. What do you think, my dear?”

He showed the canister to Arukennimon who was equally intrigued. “I never seen anything like it either! Bring it! It might be useful. Now hurry! We must follow BlackWarGreymon before we lose him!”

“Right away, my sweet!” Mummymon gleamed as he put the canister in the back of the jeep and drove again.

“So those two were Arukennimon and Mummymon if I heard right?” Sunset guessed.

“Yes. And I created them.”

“What?” Leo, Shine Boy, and Sunset looked at Oikawa in surprise.

“In my attempts to go to the Digital World, my turned my DNA into data and created those two. But it wasn’t enough. I wanted to go myself.”

“Was it your own obsession or when this Myotismon possessed you?” Splinter wondered.

“A bit of both. You see, long ago, me and my only friend Hiroki had discovered the Digital World through video games. We both vowed to go someday. But one day, Hiroki died in the line of duty.”

“He was my father.” Cody admitted as Sunset and Leo patted his shoulders in remorse. “Did you see the mutagen, Oikawa?”

“Allow me to show you.” Oikawa smiled as time fast forwarded. The group saw they were in an isolated office room. There was Oikawa. But here, his skin was gray, and his eyes looked menacing. He smirked as Arukennimon and Mummymon came from The Digital World through a portal.

“What happened?” he asked.

“BlackWarGreymon is gone away, and those brats saved the last Destiny Stone.” Arukennimon reported.

“No mind. It won’t stop my plan.” Oikawa then noticed the canister Mummymon was carrying. “What is that?”

“Oh this? I found it where a Control Spire used to be. Don’t know what it is, but it might be useful.” Mummymon handed it to Oikawa who observed it.

“I remember seeing this a long time ago. I never had the opportunity to use it. Perhaps I can find use for it later. But for now, we will proceed with my plans.”

The three walked out as the group had seen the whole thing.

“Man. No offense, Oikawa, but you could give people the heebbie jeebies.” Shine Boy shuddered.

“None taken. I got that a lot.” Oikawa smiled.

Time fast forwarded again. The group saw Oikawa trying to get to the Digital World with the kids he put Dark Spores in, only to ricocheted to another world where he and the Digidestined about Myotismon inside Oikawa. The evil Digimon came out of him as a duplicate of himself.

“What’s the matter? Seeing double? What’s wrong now? Gatomon got your tongue?” Myotismon taunted Oikawa. “Oh by the way, about the Dark Spores being the key to opening the gate? They’re actually the batteries I need to be reborn!”

“You-!” Oikawa fell from weakening. As Myotismon absorbed the Spores and transformed into MaloMyotismon, no one notice the mutagen canister fall out from Oikawa’s bag. The group watched as the Digidestined battled him. As they blasted MaloMyotismon through the dimensional barrier and into the Digital World, the canister flew right behind him, landing on the ground as it flickered purple a couple times.

“So, it was lost again after defeating MaloMyotismon and you sacrificing yourself?” Leo asked.

“Yes. Until recently.” Oikawa showed them months after the battle, some Gem Knights scouted the area and discovered the canister and showed it to Gladitron.

“Bring it.” He ordered and they carried it with them. But none of them saw it flicker purple a couple times.

“So, Ripley and Lewej have it now?” Sunset figured.

“I wonder if the canister is harboring a Digimon?” Shine Boy added.

“But who?” Cody asked.

“Milleniummon.”

“Huh?” everyone looked at Oikawa as he explained.

“Years ago, before the threat of the Dark Masters, a Digimon that could rival Apocylamon tried to rule the Digital World. That Digimon was Milleniummon. He is a composition Digimon who had the power to control time as well as create and destroy dimensions.”

“What happened to him?” Leo asked.

“The warriors who created your Digi Armor defeated him after a long hard battle. They then sacrificed their lives to make double sure Milleniummon would never return. But I’m afraid he’s using the mutagen to make his return.”

“Is it too late to prevent his return?” Cody wondered.

“I’m afraid it is.” Splinter closed his eyes. “But it is not too late to stop him.”

“How can we stop him?” Sunset asked.

“I believe that with their ninja training, Cody and the Digidestined can unlock a way to defeat your enemies. They need…. A Spirit Quest.”

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

What must the Digidestined do in the Spirit Quest? Will they stop Ripley and Milleniummon? Will Ripley get his two new Digimon under control? Find out!


- The birth of the duo Digimon was based on when Tokka and Rahzar debuted in TMNT 2 The Secret of the Ooze.

- Karai's sparring training is based on a scene from the 2003 TMNT series. With a few additions.

-The feeding at the nose joke was from Batman Beyond.

-Josh's adventures are based on episodes of Digimon Data Squad and the recent Digimon Ghost Game. It was also his idea to use MetalPhantomon and Lillithmon.

-I wanted to have the canister to be around during the continuity of both Digimon Adventure and Zero Two with little alterations.

- I chose Cody to be with Shine Boy, Leo, and Sunset in the meditation scene because of Oikawa's history with his dad.

-I don't remember whose idea was to use Milleniummon. but I assure he's gonna be in the final battle. SPOILER ALERT!

special thanks to Ezio1-3 for his help on this.

Next Time: MetalPhantomon and Lillithmon! Preperation for Spirit Quest!