• Published 20th Jan 2022
  • 1,785 Views, 350 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls Going Digital - WarriorofFaith18

  • ...
20
 350
 1,785

Josh's Failed Attempt

“Milleniummon, huh?”

When the older Digidestined took a break from training, Izzy thought he’d check in with Gennai of their recent update of their situation through his laptop.

“Yeah. And it turns out he’s using mutagen for his return and Ripley doesn’t know about him.” Izzy confirmed.

“Well, at least on the bright side, at least the Turtles, Bebop, and Rocksteady have activated their Digi Armor so that’ll give you a fighting chance against the enemy. But as a safety precaution, I asked an old friend to come and assist you. He should arrive at Primary Village very shortly.”

“Great. Thanks, Gennai.” Izzy smiled.

“Good luck to you all.” Gennai grinned before signing off.

Izzy closed his laptop just as Keno walked up to him. “Hey, Izzy. Have you seen Josh anywhere?”

“Can’t say that I have.” Izzy pondered.

“I left him taking a break and then I turned around and he was gone.” Keno recalled.

Fugitoid walked up. “I also noticed Keramon wasn’t with the rest of the Digimon.”

“Now why doesn’t that surprise me?” They all turned to see Tai not looking too happy.

“And here we go again.” Muttered Keno.

“Don’t you think you’re being a little rough on him, Tai?” Izzy raised a brow.

“How do we know his Keramon isn’t trying another stunt like before?”

“And what if he’s just using the little boy’s room?” Keno remarked.

Before Tai could answer, Starlight hurried over. “Everyone! I just heard from Gamer! He and the CMCs think they saw Davis and the others!”

“We’ll continue this later.” Keno whispered to Tai as he followed with Izzy and Fugitoid. Tai remained silent as he wasn’t far behind.

Soon, everyone looked to see Davis, Cody, Yolei, and Ken walking back from their Spirit Quest. Veemon, Hawkmon, Armadillomon, and Wormmon all scurried over and hugged their respectable partners.

“Veemon! Hey! Easy!” Davis cringed from pain.

“Sorry.” Veemon sweated.

“Still, it’s good to be back.”

“We all knew you could do it.” Armadillomon cheered.

Hawkmon noticed Yolei smiling victorious. “It looks like you were successful.”

“Oh. In more ways than one.” Yolei said as she smiled at Ken. Hawkmon seemed to understand but kept secret about it.

“Are you alright, Ken?” Wormmon asked.

“I feel great, Wormmon.” Ken smiled.

Matt noticed someone missing. “Anyone seen T.K.?”

“No, we haven’t.” Cody shook his head.

“Here I am!” Everyone looked to see T.K. coming up along with Kari, Leo, Sunset, April, Karai, Josh, Shine Boy, and Night Shine.

“Guys! You’re back! And you found Kari!” Pinkie cheered as Mikey ran up to hug Kari.

“Oh! We were so worried!” he bawled.

“It’s alright, Mikey. I’m alright!” Kari grunted before the party turtle set her down.

“And it looks like you were as successful as we were.” Yolei smiled, pointing to her headband.

“Same to you guys.” Kari smiled as Leo walked up to all six.

“It looks like you all have succeeded in your Spirit Quests. You’ve all made us proud.” He bowed to them as they bowed back, thanking him.

“You have all earned the right to wear the Hamato Clan symbol.” Karai added.

Leomon walked up. “I am pleased to see you all have passed your trials.”

Keno then spoke up. “Hey Josh. Where have you been?”

Josh spoke up. “After I took a break, Keramon sensed danger and let us to Kari.”

“Why doesn’t that surprise me?” Tai mumbled.

Kari, seemingly hearing that, stood between Josh and Tai defensively. “Tai stop! in his defense, he did come to my aid when I was overwhelmed!”

“And if it wasn’t for him, he wouldn’t have contacted us, leading us to Kari. How do you feel now?” Night Shine glared.

Tai just stood there, unconvinced before he respectfully walked away.

“I’ll go talk to him.” Matt followed him.

Josh sighed before Shine Boy patted his shoulder. “Don’t let it get to you, bro. we all are grateful you helped us.”

Josh smiled but still felt a little upset Tai still didn’t trust him.

“Anyway, what was your Spirit Quest like?” Mimi asked, wanting to change the subject.

“We’ll be happy to tell you guys.” Davis smiled. “You think we can get some chow while we do that?”

-----------

Not far from the Primary Village, Matt caught up with Tai as Agumon and Gabumon were nearby watching with concern as Matt spoke to his friend.

“Tai, how can you still not trust Josh?”

“I just can’t, alright? Just something about him I don’t trust!” Tai snapped.

Matt was unfazed. “It’s because his Digimon is Keramon, isn’t it?”

“Yes.” Tai breathed.

“Well, from what I’ve seen, this Keramon is nothing like the one we fought on the internet years ago. From what I’ve seen, both of them have been helping us left and right. Helping us with Deltamon, battled Kimeramon alongside us, helped some of the others after we fell from the waterfall, Heck, he just helped save your sister! What more do you want?”

“And in case you hadn’t heard, Keramon can become Diaboromon! And what if he goes docile and attack us?” Tai challenged.

“Just like SkullGreymon?”

Tai had no answer to Matt’s question.

“He got him there.” Agumon whispered to Gabumon, who nodded in agreement.

“Tai, you’re the only one who hasn’t given them a chance and you’re a leader. What happen to the Tai I knew? The one who had the crest of Courage? I get it! Diaboromon almost destroyed Agumon! I know! I was there and he almost got Gabumon too! But I gave Keramon a chance and I see he’s totally different! What if having a Diaboromon on our team could really help us? Don’t wreck things for this team like I almost did! Think, Tai! Think!”

Tai clenched his fist in anger from Matt’s words. He was about to hit his friend, but something was holding his arm. What if his friends are right? What if this Keramon is not like his counterpart? What if he would hurt his friends more by his attitude? Unsure how to answer, He turned to the cliff next to him and punched that instead, causing Agumon and Gabumon to flinch. He then slowly fell to his knees trying to hide his tears.

Seeing there was nothing more to say, Matt turned away before saying more calmly. “I’m going back to the others. At least think about giving Josh a chance.”

And then Matt walked away with Gabumon following him. Agumon could only look to Tai still on his knees. From behind a tree, Shine Girl had watched everything and could only look in concern.

---------

Matt walked up to the group, who were sitting in a circle eating fruit some of the Digimon had gathered earlier, sat next to Sora.

“Everything okay with Tai?” She asked.

“I hope so.” Matt sighed.

He then listened in as Davis and the others were sharing their experience from the Spirit Quests. Even Kari decided to fess up about the Dark Ocean on her end. After hearing what they said, the group was surprised.

“So, you guys fought enemies from the past?” asked Izzy.

“Yeah. I have no idea if they were hallucinations, but they felt so real!” Davis admitted.

“Yeah. They nearly did us in.” Yolei added.

“But we still succeeded nonetheless.” T.K. smiled.

“And our weapons transformed when we did.” Cody mentioned.

“That might have had something to do with your Digimon partners briefly glowing earlier.” Applebloom pointed out.

“Makes sense since they’re your partners.” Love Shine figured.

“And afterwards, we knew you had succeeded.” Hawkmon chirped.

“Well, I didn’t feel well for a bit when Kari was in the Dark Ocean.” Gatomon shivered.

“That Dragomon had to be terrifying.” Yolei told Kari.

“And with Daemon too?” Ken added.

“Yeah it was. If it wasn’t for Josh and the others, I’d might not have gotten out of there.” Kari sighed.

“You know a hot dog stand could cleanup in a place like that.” Ogremon griped.

“Ten to one, Shredder would spend his vacation there.” Leo gulped.

“Such a dark place existing? Creepy.” Gamer shivered.

“Well at least it’s done and over with.” Joe smiled.

“Yeah. When Biyomon returns from taking food to Bebop and Rocksteady, we can work on figuring out our strategy.” Shine Boy figured.

“Agreed.” Leo nodded.

Just then, Biyomon flew down urgently. “Everyone! Gem Knights are marching this way!”

“What?!” everyone gasped.

“I had just brought the food to Bebop and Rocksteady when Rocksteady saw Gem Knights marching from their base!”

“He’s making his move!” Shine Boy got up.

“We better meet up with Bebop and Rocksteady and go from there.” Leo planned as they saw Tai and Agumon walking up.

“Tai! Ripley and Lewej are up to something!” Sora called to him.

“Okay. Let’s go!” Tai answered.

After they all grabbed their gear and weapons, with Tai and the older Digidestined armed with staffs, the group hurried to where Bebop and Rocksteady were eyeing the enemies.

“There! Moment Biyomon arrive with food, Gem Knights started march of imperial!” Rocksteady handed Leo his binoculars to see.

“Yeah, they’re preparing to fight alright. They’re obviously awaiting orders.”

“Ripley always makes his presence known.” Shine Boy added.

“More like showing off.” Grumbled Night Shine.

“Definitely the royal type.” Leomon pondered.

“So what do we do now, Leo?” Twilight asked.

“Well, we got guest at our front door, so we should go say hello.”

--------

The group walked two miles away from Primary Village ready to face the Gem Knights. Ripley, Lewej, and The Chaos Mage stepped up to a platform when Shine Boy noticed a newest addition.

“Oh no! Not him too!”

“Who’s the guy in the grey cloak?” Davis asked.

“That’s the Chaos Mage. Ripley’s uncle.” Love Shine pointed.

“The one who tried to turn you into stone on your birthday?” Rainbow turned to Shine Boy.

“That’s him.”

Gamer then added a warning. “He’s a master manipulator and expert on magic. So watch him!”

They then heard Ripley talk to them. “Well, well, well. I guess it was only a matter of time before you find me here, Shine Brat! And you brought your friends from last time.”

“Yeah? Well this time you’re on our turf, Gold head!” teased Davis.

“And when you mess with our Digi buddies, you mess with all of us!” Mikey added.

“So, you better think twice before messing with us!” Ogremon bellowed.

“How droll.” Lewej rolled her eyes.

Shine Boy then spoke up. “I’m only gonna say this once. Take your troops, remove the virus, and leave the Digital World!”

Ripley double took at what he just heard. “What virus?”

“You know! The virus affecting Earthly technology!”

“I think that mask on your head is cutting off the oxygen to your brain! I’m just trying to create my own army of Digimon to conquer the universe!”

“Then what’s causing the virus?” Spike asked behind Twilight’s leg as Leomon stood forward.

“Whatever your plan is, you would be wise to leave peacefully, or we will fight back!”

“That is the idea, kitty cat!” Lewej smirked.

Ripley called out to his troops. “GET THEM!”

“ATTACK!” Gladitron ordered as the Gem Knights marched forward.

“Charge!” Leo ordered as everyone drew their weapons. As they got ready, Sunset turned to the CMCs.

“You three focus on the Gem Knights. They’re all empty shells so don’t hold back! But Ripley and Lewej are very tough.”

“Understood.” Applebloom nodded followed by Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

Davis pulled out his Digivice. “Let’s try out our new powers!”

Everyone nodded as they pulled out their Digivices.

“Veemon digivolve to…. ExVeemon!”

“Wormmon digivolve to…. Stingmon!”

“Armadillomon digivolve to…. Ankylomon!”

“Hawkmon digivolve to…… Aquilamon!”

“Patamon digivolve to…… Angemon!”

“Gatomon digivolve to…… Angewomon!”

As their Digimon digivolved, their weapons changed forms like before.

“Whoa.” Applejack blinked.

“Metal.” Casey awed.

“Awesome.” Rainbow whispered.

“Okay. That is pretty cool.” Raph admitted.

“Booyakasha!” Davis cried as he led his team into battle.

Soon, everyone fought the Gem Knights. Rocksteady smashed a couple knights with his bare hands while Bebop danced around shooting lasers at a couple. Love Shine charge tackled a couple with Keno right behind tripping a couple nearby. Shine Boy pulled out his CDA staff which converted into a hammer and whacked a couple knights and was joined by Casey with his hockey stick.

“VEE LASER!” ExVeemon fired his laser at a bunch of Gem Knights while Karai led Gamer and Sora at a couple more.

“Should we call our Digi Armor yet?” Donnie asked Leo as he hit a Gem Knight with his bo staff.

“Not yet. We should save them should things escalate.”

“PUMMEL WHACK!” Ogremon fired his attack, which plowed through a line of Gem Knights as he backed up to Leomon. “I counted I just took out thirty-five of these creeps! How many did YOU get?”

Leomon responded by slicing a couple knights that tried to ambush Ogremon his sword. “Thirty-seven.”

Ogremon frowned. “Nobody likes a showoff!”

Gladitron was walking up to the battle when he heard a familiar voice.

“Gladitron!” he turned to see Matt and T.K., along with Angemon and Gabumon, stood ready to fight. “Remember us?”

“You!” Gladitron growled.

“We got a score to settle with you!” Matt glared as he pulled out his Digivice as Gabumon began to glow.

“Gabumon digivolve to….. Garurumon!”

“And we’re stronger than last time so things will be different!” T.K. pointed his staff.

Gladitron smirked as he pulled out his club blaster. “It doesn’t matter how strong you’ve become. You will all be put in your place!” he roared as he charged to fight the two brothers.

Meanwhile, Ripley, Lewej, and Chaos Mage watched the fight on their platform. Lewej blinked as she noticed the CMCs who were fighting well against the Gem Knights. “Are those…. Children?”

“They must’ve been training new students after last time.” Ripley pondered. “Doesn’t matter! I just want to defeat Shine Boy myself!”

“I will deal with those three young ones.” Chaos Mage squeezed his fist.

“Very well, Uncle.” Ripley smirked.

Lewej turned to her love. “Should we bring out our secret weapons?”

“Not yet. We’ll wear them out and then they’ll finish them off! And I’ll let Shine Boy live long enough to watch his friends die before we end him personally.”

The three jumped off the platform and Chaos Mage began heading towards the three young girls when Shine Girl noticed.

“Chaos Mage is heading towards your sisters!” she cried to Applejack.

“What?” the cowgirl gasped. Rarity and Rainbow heard too but were unable to go help.

Fugitoid was nearby when he saw the cloaked villain making his way to the three. “I’ll go help them!”

“Hang on! I’ll help too!” Izzy spoke up before a Gem Knight broke his wooden staff. Thanks to his training, he was able to beat the knight. “I’ll take that, thank you.” He grabbed the knight’s scepter as it disintegrated and hurried to help Fugitoid.

Josh whacked a couple Gem Knights with his nunchucks when he noticed Ripley coming to the battlefield and hurried to face him. Karai saw this and called out to Leo and Shine Boy.

“Josh is heading for Ripley!”

“Oh no!” Leo gasped as Shine Boy called to him.

“Josh! Wait! Come back! He’s too strong for you!”

But Josh did not listen as he hurried. Tai noticed as well.

“What is he doing?” he griped as he began to hurry over.

“We gotta get to him!” Shine Boy cried as he and Leo hurried over.

Ripley saw the newcomer and smirked as he stood his ground. Josh made it over there and twirled his nunchucks. He then tried to whack Ripley only for the villain to easily grab his attack.

“Impressive!” he mocked before kicking Josh down. “Fool! You are beneath me!” he held out his arm and was about to blast him when who should appear but Tai who jumped in and whacked Ripley’s arm. Grumbling as he held his arm, Ripley then whacked Tai down. “Such heroic nonsense!”

“PEPPER BREATH!” Luckily, Agumon followed Tai and blasted at the villain. As they got up, Tai glared at Josh.

“What were you thinking?” he yelled.

“I was trying to help!” Josh snapped.

“Everything would've been fine if you kept your nose out of it.” Tai continued to grill Josh.

Josh was beginning to feel hurt. “But. But don't you know why I came to the Digital World? I mean, for once, uh... I wasn't thinking about myself. I was focused on helping you guys.”

“Next time you want to do us a favor? Don't!”

“That’s enough!” Tai looked to see Shine Boy and Leo had arrived and heard everything as Shine Boy looked infuriated. “Really? We have to do this now?”

“Aw! Trouble in your ranks, Shine punk?” Ripley taunted as he wacked Agumon away.

“Agumon!” Tai cried.

Suddenly, Keramon jumped in and grabbed Agumon and set him down gently.

“Thanks.” Agumon smiled.

“You’re welcome.”

Tai stood surprised. The Digimon he didn’t trust just saved his buddy! And he just grilled his partner.

Shine Boy stood face to face against Ripley. “Leo, get Josh out of here! I’ll deal with Ripley!”

“Right! C'mon, Josh!” Leo reached to him.

Josh then started pushing Leo away. "No! I have to prove myself to Tai! I’m Digidestined! I need to keep going and save the day! Keramon! "

Keramon nodded, then turned his attention to Ripley.

"BUG BLASTER!" he shouted and spewed a powerful laser beam from his mouth at Ripley.

“Josh! NO!” Shine Boy cried.

———-

Meanwhile, April, Karai, and Shinigami were defeating Gem knights when April noticed Chaos Mage nearing the CMCs.

“That Mage guy is after the girls!”

“Not if I can help it!” Shini was about to hurry over when she narrowly missed a lightning bolt.

“You Can’t help it, WITCH!” they all turned to Lewej with a new Lightning Diamond. “You still must pay for cracking my Diamond last time!”

“Oh hi Lewej! Glad to see you too.” Shini taunted.

Lewej screamed as she fired more lightning at the three.

“Spread out!” Karai cried as they flipped away.

--------

Applebloom knocked a Gem Knight down when she saw the Chaos Mage closing in on them. “Uh oh, girls! It’s the Chaos Mage!”

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo quickly lined up next to her as The Chaos Mage chuckled.

“How quaint! Three little girls think they can stand against me!”

Scootaloo pretended to be brave. “We-we’re ninjas in training. We can handle bullies like you!”

Chaos Mage laughed. “Ninjas are child’s play. It’s time someone put you three in their place!”

“Oh no you don’t!” The Chaos Mage turned to see Fugitoid land in front of the girls. “Get behind me, you three!”

“Don’t have to tell us twice, Professor!” Sweetie Belle gulped as the three did as they did as they were told.

Raising his hands, The Chaos Mage growled as lightning sparked in his palms.

“Oh boy.” Fugitoid wide eyed.

Just when The Chaos Mage fired his attack, Izzy jumped in and was able to deflect the attack with the scepter he took.

“This probably defies logic, but I’m not complaining.” He grinned.

“Thank you, Izzy.” Fugitoid gleamed.

“You’re beginning to annoy me!” The Chaos Mage hollered when Tentomon flew up.

“SUPER SHOCKER!” The Digimon zapped the Chaos Mage on the shoulder. The villain turned to him as his eyes glowed red.

“Uh oh.” Tentomon sweated. “IZZY!” he tried to hurry away but was shocked by The Chaos Mage and fell, coughing up black smoke.

“Tentomon!” cried Izzy.

Fugitoid fired at him while the Chaos Mage counter fired with lightning.

“What makes you think you’re a match for me, Robot?” the mage taunted.

Suddenly, He felt something tug his robe. He looked to see Spike biting it. “Dumb mutt!” he hissed. Before he could whack him, he then felt something cut his arm. As he held his arm, The Chaos Mage saw Applebloom with her tanto.

“You!” she cried.

“Won’t!” Scootaloo jump kicked him in the side.

“Harm!” Sweetie Belle then clawed his shoulder.

Then, the three triple kicked him shouting. “SPIKE!”

Izzy then rushed up and whacked him with his scepter. “Prodigous!”

“Don’t you mean Booyakasha?” Scootaloo raised her brow.

“You have your catchphrase. I have mine.”

“ENOUGH!” Suddenly, they were all blown back by a shockwave. They all looked up to see the Chaos Mage sparking in anger. Tentomon then flew up to protect his friends as the mage stomped up to them. “No one opposes the Chaos Mage; do you hear me? NO ONE!”

“FIST OF THE BEAST KING!” Just before the mage could hit the five, Leomon appeared and sent him flying with his attack as he drew his sword.

“You want to harm them? You got to go through me!”

The Chaos Mage struggled to get up. Seeing that he was still injured before the lion came, he began to back away. “You haven’t won yet! This isn’t over!”

As the villain continued his retreat, Leomon turned to the others. “Are you guys alright?”

“Thanks to you, we are.” Applebloom smiled.

“Don’t let what he said rattle you. Your teamwork has made you formidable fighters.”

The girls smiled at Leomon’s words while Izzy patted Sweetie Belle on the shoulder.

-------

“Josh! Stop!” Leo cried.

He and Shine Boy couldn’t help him and Keramon fight Ripley due to the two constantly fighting him and getting in their way. Tai and Agumon were busy trying to keep Gem Knights from jumping in.

“I got this!” Josh remarked.

“No you don’t!” Shine Boy warned. “Ripley is too strong for you!”

He was right. Ripley looked annoyed than hurt. He then grabbed the duo by their necks and sneered. “I admire your perseverance, but now you are just ANNOYING!” He then threw Josh and Keramon to the side.

Josh coughed and began to stand up. He was struggling but tried to persevere. "I will prove myself! I am Digidestined! I love this world as well as the one I live in!"

He pointed to Ripley. “And no bully like you will stop me from protecting it!"

Keramon got up too. "Yeah! Just what gives you the right to just hurt others?! Jerk!" He then began to digivolve.

“Keramon digivolve to…. Crysalimon!”

Ripley just laughed. “I never asked your permission. Only the strong survive this world and it is my destiny to rule all the cosmos! I answer to no one! No Digibrat! No Digimon! No ninja! And certainly, No mutant freaks!”

Crysalimon slashed at him, only for Ripley to grab his blade and tossing him aside. “The only one who I ever consider a worthy opponent is Shine Boy! It was my destiny to fight him as he fights for justice! Everyone else is obsolete!”

“Even Lewej? What about her?” Josh quizzed.

Ripley smirked. “What good is a kingdom without someone as dominate as me to share it with?”

Josh growled. "Dang! He actually had a good comeback! Chrysalimon!"

"CHRYSALIMON DIGIVOLVE TO.....INFERMON!"

--------

“Hold still!”

Lewej kept firing trying to hit April, Karai, and Shini who have been able to dodge her attacks. Mimi noticed this as she knocked out a Gem Knight. “Yolei! It looks like April, Karai, and Shini could use some help!”

Yolei nodded. “Let’s give them a hand! Aquilamon!”

“On it!” Aquilamon flew above the Gem Knights and flew towards Lewej. “BLAST RINGS!”

Lewej embraced the attack and fired back at the Digimon. As Aquilamon took the hit, it was revealed that Palmon was on his back as she jumped off.

“Palmon digivolve to…. Togemon!”

Togemon then landed on top of the evil princess fist first. Then, she was blasted off as Lewej panted.

“You think that gives you the advantage?” she hollered.

Mimi responded by throwing her wooden staff at her. Unfortunately, Lewej was able to catch it.

“Now you’re just being desperate.” She glared as she snapped the staff in two.

However, that gave April enough time to hit her with a psychic blast. Before Lewej could fire back, she narrowly dodged a couple arrows at her. She looked to see Starlight aiming at her.

“Don’t even think about it.” She glared.

Lewej frantically protected her diamond from more arrows Starlight fired at her and hurried away.

“Anyone think that was too easy?” Yolei asked the girls.

“You’re right, Yolei. Something doesn’t feel right.” April nodded.

--------

“HOWLING BLASTER!”

Garurumon fired a blast at Gladitron who still stood tall and fought. T.K. rushed up and whacked him on the side with his staff then he and Matt double punched him in the face.

As he recoiled, Gladitron huffed. “It appears you learned some new tricks since last time.” He then muttered under his breath. “And still just as annoying.”

“The truth is, Gladitron, we learn from our mistakes!” Matt declared.

“Thing is you don’t.” T.K. grinned.

Gladitron roared as he charged them. As they dodged, Matt jabbed his fingers at the arm Gladitron was punching with before twisting away. Gladitron held his arm as he couldn’t feel it.

“What’cha do?” T.K. asked his brother.

“Pressure points. A little trick Raph taught me.”

At that moment, a Gem Knight was sent flying. The two looked to see Raph walk up and smiled at Matt. “Nice job.”

Able to pick himself up, Gladitron held his arm and glared at the two Digidestined. “Don’t think you’ve won!” he yelled as he backed away.

Love Shine saw this and jumped to the others. “Something doesn’t feel right. Gladitron doesn’t just back away after a sore arm.”

“You’re right. It took a lot more last time to get him to back off.” T.K. recalled.

“So, either he’s getting sloppy or-” Raph showed concerned as he looked at Matt who agreed.

“Let’s regroup with the others!” he suggested.

-----------

Ripley continued to avoid Infermon’s attack as Josh tried to attack again only for Ripley to flip him onto his back.

“Are you done? Be fortunate that I’m willing to let you live!”

“Josh! Please get outta there!” Shine Boy pleaded.

Josh panted. "But.... But... I can't let you guys down!"

“By letting them down, you mean standing between me and my destiny, then I say you succeeded!” Ripley hissed as he prepared to strike. Suddenly, he was tackled by a shadow. Ever looked to it was Night Shine as he grabbed Ripley by the cape.

“Hello, Superior! It’s me, Obsolete!” He glared before head butting him.

“We better regroup with the others.” Leo suggested to Shine Boy.

“Agreed. C’mon Josh.” Shine Boy helped him.

“Right. Infermon!”

Infermon nodded as he followed. Leo turned to Tai, who fought off another Gem Knight.

“Tai! Let’s go!”

Ripley backed away while Night Shine followed the group and met up with Lewej.

“Now?” The Princess asked.

“Now.” Ripley smirked before bellowing. “LILLITHMON! METALPHANTOMON!”

A rock cracked open as MetalPhantomon and Lillithmon emerged from it. Everyone backed away as the two stretched and roared.

“They must be the two Digi eggs they stole!” Sunset guessed.

“Mystery solved.” Raph sighed.

Leomon then spoke up. “I know who they are! They’re MetalPhantomon and Lillithmon!”

Tentomon continued. “MetalPhantomon is an Ultimate level Digimon who uses his energy scythe to fight. Plus, he can subjugate foes to nightmares, in order to feed off of their despair! Lillithmon is a Mega level Digimon representing the Moon and Seduction. She confounds her opponents with her bewitchingly lovely appearance, and it is said that those who are taken in by her temptations are invariably granted death.”

“Didn’t we see characters like them in a fighting game?” Gamer asked Rainbow.

“I don’t think I’ve played that.” She shrugged before they heard Ripley call out to them.

“Prove yourselves to me! ATTACK!”

MetalPhantomon and Lillithmon began walking towards the heroes when Night Shine stepped up.

“Well, you know what they say!” he drew his machete. “The bigger they are!”

He ran up to fight them. But before he could land a kick, Lillithmon dodged him and elbowed him in midair causing him to fall to the ground in pain.

“The more bones they break.” Gomamon deadpanned.

Groaning, Night Shine rolled away before Lillithmon stomped on him, then he swung both fists and hit her side, causing her to recoil.

“Alright!” Casey pulled his mask down. “These guys are mine!”

“Casey wait!” April cried as he ran up to MetalPhantomon readying his hockey stick.

“No bonehead’s gonna bring down Casey Jones! Goongala!” Casey hit the Digimon, before shaking from the recoil. MetalPhantomon then grabbed him and lifted him up.

“Then it pleases me to be the first.” He chuckled.

Then Love Shine jumped in. “Oh no you don’t!” He pulled out his photon blades and slashed at MetalPhantomon, causing him to release Casey. MetalPhantomon blocked his attacks with his scythe.

“SOUL PREDATOR!” He then fired a blast from his scythe sending the two flying back.

“We better help them!” Shine Boy declared.

Leo nodded as the Turtles, Bebop, and Rocksteady all lined up. “Now, guys!” he called as they all shouted.

“UNITY! EXECUTE! SPIRIT EVOLUTION!” In a big explosion, they all transformed into their Digi Armor.

“What’s this?” Ripley eyed. “So, they learned a new technique.”

“I like how shiny their armor is.” Lewej gleamed.

“Too bad they have to dirty them.” Ripley chuckled.

As The armored mutants charged against the two new Digimon, Shine Boy turned to Davis and the others. “Davis! You and your group help Leo and the others while we deal with the Gem Knights!”

“You got it!” Davis grinned as he readied his tribaton.

Ken walked up with his Tonfas ready. “Let’s put these new powers to good use!”

ExVeemon and Stingmon nodded as they combined.

“Exveemon! Stingmon! DNA Digivolve to…. Paildramon!”

Merging from the light, Paildramon jumped into the fight followed by Davis and Ken.

Kari walked up to Yolei as Angewomon flew next to Aquilamon and reverted to Gatomon. “Shall we?”

“Booykasha.” Yolei smiled as they fist bumped while Gatomon and Aquilamon glowed.

“Aquilamon! Gatomon! DNA Digivolve to….. Silphymon!”

As Silphymon landed, T.K. and Cody stood ready with Ankylomon and Angemon.

“And that just leaves us.” T.K. grinned.

“Last but certainly not least.” Cody nodded as Ankylomon and Angemon began to glow.

“Ankylomon! Angemon! DNA Digivolve to… Shakkoumon!”

The group then rushed in to help against Lillithmon and MetalPhantomon. Despite being outnumbered, the two were more than a challenge for them. As she deflected an attack from Leo, Lillithmon grabbed Paildramon and leaned towards him.

“Hi there, Tall, tough, and handsome.”

“I bet you say that to all the DNA Digimon.” Paidramon joked.

Lillithmon smirked. “RAZOR NAILS!” She then slashed at Paildramon, knocking him away. Cody jumped in and deflected another attack with his swords. After a struggle, Lillithmon flung one of his kodachis to the side and it slid next to Mimi.

“Booyakasha!” Before Lillithmon could grab Cody, Mikey jumped in and whacked her on the shoulder. Frustrated, she whacked Mikey away.

Meanwhile, Donnie blocked MetalPhantomon’s scythe with his staff while Shakkoumon flies up.

“KACHINA BOMBS!” he fired at MetalPhantomon, who recoiled from the hit.

“GRAVE SCREAM!” he then hollered towards the tall Digimon as the soundwaves knocked him down.

Suddenly, MetalPhantomon was tackled by Rocksteady. The two struggled before the Digimon flipped him over. Then, Bebop danced in firing a couple lasers followed by Silphymon firing as well. “STATIC FORCE!”

Raph then jumped in and fought MetalPhantomon. He was quickly flipped over as well while Leo joined in to fight. As the rest of the group fought the Gem Knights, Shine Boy and Sunset noticing the other group struggling with the two Digimon.

“Those guys are so strong!” Shine Boy noticed.

“Indeed. And if mutagen can do that, imagine if they do make an army!” Sunset feared as she knocked out a Gem Knight.

Then a Gem Knight went flying as Keno hurried to the two. “Hey anyone see Josh?”

“Yeah I don’t see Infermon anywhere.” Twilight spoke up.

“Oh no!” Everyone looked to see Fluttershy pointing to Josh and Infermon heading towards MetalPhantomon.

“What is that idiot doing?” Night Shine yelled.

“Josh NO! come back!” Sora called.

Josh stepped up to Metalphantomon with an angry looking his face. "YOU! " He shouted. This caught his attention. When Metalphantomon caught sight of Josh and Infermon, he stared back with pure hatred. Josh pointed to Metalphantomon. "WHY CANT YOU JUST LEAVE ME AND MY FRIENDS ALONE!" he yelled, confusing everyone. "I blew you up! Why couldn't you just be reborn good!?"

"Didn't anyone tell you? Digimon get reconfigured. and thanks to the mutagen I’m back stronger than ever!" MetalPhantomon growled.

Josh growled. "This time, you won't hurt anyone else!"

Infermon jumped towards him. "SPIDER SHOOTER!"

“SOUL PREDATOR!” MetalPhantomon used his scythe to counter the attack. He then grinned. "Just as reckless as our last encounter."

As he continued to fight. Izzy heard everything. “If MetalPhantomon remembers Josh…”

“Then his stories were true.” Tai whispered in shock.

“Still think he’s not part of the team?” Night Shine huffed as he backhand a Gem Knight.

Metalphantomon grinned and faced Josh. "At least I'm not a failure!"

Josh scowled. "I beat you last time! How does that make me a failure?"

"I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about your so-called team and you."

This caused Josh to freeze. "What do you mean?" He asked, a slight trembling in his voice.

MetalPhantomon continued. “Did they exactly welcome you with open arms? Not really. They’re worried because your Digimon had did something horrible to them. No matter how much good you do to prove yourself, they will always fear you because of Infermons past! Especially Tai!”

At that moment, Mikey rushed in and hit the Digimon away. He then rushed to Josh.

“Don’t listen to him, Josh!” But before he could coax his friend, Lillithmon blasted him from the back, sending him flying.

“MIKEY/MICHELANGELO!” Everyone cried.

Mikey fell to the ground, reverting from his armor and back to normal. Lillithmon smirked before she was tackled by Sylphimon and Raph. MetalPhantomon chuckled as he stood up.

“You see? Are they gonna like you now that you got their friend hurt?”

Josh started to tear up, before shaking his head. "It's true, Tai doesn't accept me, but the others do! Shouldn't that account for something?!"

“Really? And who do they believe more? The one they know more? Or someone they just met?” Rocksteady was next to ram MetalPhantomon when he grabbed his scythe and slashed the rhino away, causing him to power down as well.

“Rock!” Gasped Bebop.

Josh gripped his fists. "you're wrong.....they know me enough. And I won't let you hurt them!" Infermon then tucked his limbs into his body and barreled straight at Metalphantomon, crashing into him like an indestructible missile.

Unfortunately, MetalPhantomon struggled with holding Infermon down. As he held him, MetalPhantomon began glowing.

“Did I struck a nerve?” He teased before tossing Infermon aside.

“Something’s happening to MetalPhantomon, yo!” Casey pointed out.

Lillithmon chuckled to herself. “So you were holding out.”

Lewej turned to Ripley. “Looks like you were right about MetalPhantomon.”

“I had a feeling when Mortar showed me his readings. Guess he had more power than I knew.”

Metalphantomon glew bright. "Your greatest failure, Joshua, is that you failed to convince the leader of the digidestined that you were their ally! And it will always be that way! METALPHANTOMON DIGIVOLVE TO......REAPERMON!"

When the glowing stopped, MetalPhantomon was gone. In his place was a humanoid robotic figure with a skull head with one arm being the scythe blade.

Angered, Raph flew towards him.

“Raph! No!” Leo called.

“I got him, Leo! He’s all mine!” Raph then punched Reapermon only to notice him ineffective. “What the-?” Raph continued punching him rapidly. When he stopped, he saw Reapermon still ineffective. “Oh sewer apples.”

Reapermon then grabbed Raph and began to push him down. “Time to crack some Shell!”

“Hold on Raph!” Donnie cried as he Sylphimon flew in.

“Let him go, Bonehead!” Sylphimon declared. But before either one could hit him, Reapermon pointed his finger at the two.

“BONE DUSTER!” Then, a big bonfire hit the two, causing them to be sent flying. As they fell to the ground, Donnie powered down while Sylphimon separated back to Gatomon and Hawkmon.

Reapermon then slammed Raph to the ground. As he was sent bounced, Reapermon slashed his scythe at him. “GRIM SLASHER!” Raph slid to the ground. When he stopped, he powered down.

Leo rushed in. “This definitely unexpected. Oh man!”

Paildramon and Bebop flew past him and fired at Reapermon.

“DESPERADO BLASTERS!” Paildramon shouted as he fired. Bebop danced around firing lasers.

“KACHINA BOMBS!” Shakoumon fired his attack as well. When the dust settled, to their shock, their attacks had no effect. Reapermon smirked then began twirling around. “FLAME CYCLONE!” As he spun, a fire tornado formed, sending the three flying. When stopped spinning, Paildramon fell and reverted to Veemon and Wormmon.

“That…..all….you got?” Groaned Bebop before he fell over powering down as well.

Lillithmon then landed next to Reapermon. “Hey! Save some for me!” She chuckled. “EMPRESS EMBLAZE!” She fire a huge blast at Shakkoumon and Leo, causing Leo to power down and Shakkoumon separated to Patamon and Armadillomon.

“Leo!” Twilight gasped.

Reapermon cackled. "You digidestined are ALL failures! You cannot defeat us!"

Suddenly, explosions had surrounded Reapermon and Lillithmon. As they were distracted, Davis jumped in and whacked Reapermon with his tribaton. Followed by Yolei whacking Lillithmon with her chain, Cody with his blade, Ken with his tonfas, and T.K. with his staff.

Davis spoke up. “We’re more than Digidestined.”

“We’re Ninja!” The two looked to see Kari and Starlight fire arrows at them, causing them to recoil.

As they fought, everyone else was helping the mutants up. Shine Boy hurried to Josh, who sat in remorse.

“C'mon, Josh! We gotta go.”

Josh shook his sadness a little to listen. "Yeah. We need to regroup. I can tell you how to beat Reapermon."

Leomon hurried over. “We better move! Davis and the others won’t last long!”

Josh nodded. "Infermon! Get the CMC to safety!"

Infermon saluted. "Got it!"

Davis whacked Reapermon with his tribaton before he was whacked by the Digimon.

“That hurt.” He groaned.

Cody struggled to get up just as Lillithmon prepared to strike him.

“Cody!” Gasped Yolei as Ken helped her up.

“RAZOR NAILS!” Just before her attack hit him, Mimi jumped in and slashed her with Cody’s missing kodachi blade. Lillithmon screamed as she held her face. She looked at her hand to see blood on it. “MY FACE!”

“C’mon Cody.” Mimi hurried and get Cody to safety. As she helped Mikey, Shinigami saw what Mimi did and smiled.

Ripley then began to notice the team was retreating and growled. “Rrr! Stop them!”

Lilithmon screamed. "My beautiful, flawless face! That witch will pay!" She took off after them.

"Mimi! Cody! Duck!"

Before Lillithmon could grab the two Digidestined, they ducked while she was hit by a flying baton. she looked to see the baton caught by Shine Girl who let Mimi and Cody pass by her.

"Unless you want your face to get even out, back off!" she warned.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Lillithmon glared.

Then, as if answering her question, she was jump kicked by Karai and landed on her back.

"Have someone show you why." Shine Girl joked as the two high fived.

"That won't stop her for long." Karai stated as they hurried away.

Lillithmon growled as she picked herself up. just then, Reapermon ran up to her.

"They're sagacious, I'll give them that."

"More like annoying." Lillithmon huffed.

Soon, they were almost back to the Primary Village. Elecmon waved to them.

"Hurry! get to the perimeter!" he cried.

Josh ushered Infermon and the CMC inside the perimeter, then looked back to Reapermon. He gained a stoic look on his face. "I have to stop him. Only I can." He then jumped on Infermon's back and pointed to the two mega-level digimon. "LET'S END THIS NOW!" he and Infermon then charged towards the two, despite the others telling him to come back.

“What is he doing?” Joe gasped.

“I’m going after him!” Shine Boy spoke up.

“What?!” Everyone gasped.

“But you used too much Shine Power in the Dark Ocean! You need time to recharge!” Warned Gamer.

“I have other methods! You guys get the turtles, Bebop, and Rocksteady back to recuperate! Josh might get killed trying to prove himself and I won’t let that happen!” Before anyone could argue more, Shine Boy hurried off.

Joe turned to Night Shine. “That’s got to be the second bravest guy I’ve ever met.”

“Pfft. At least you’re not related to him.” Night Shine huffed as he started to head back towards the fight.

“You make that sound like it’s a bad thing.” Karai teased.

Josh and Infermon stormed up to Reapermon. "This will end just like last time, Reapermon! Infermon! You know what to do!"

Infermon nodded and the digivice glowed a brilliant light. "INFERMON DIGIVOLVE TO.......DIABOROMON!"

“Is that…?” Applebloom pointed to Infermon who was now a grey creature wearing black armor, a helmet with two horns, and long arms.

Izzy nodded. “Yep. Diaboromon.”

“Well, at least he’s fighting on our side, right?” Sora figured.

April felt a vibe as she felt her head. “That’s the good news at least.”

“What’s the bad, April?” Sunset asked.

“It’s Josh! He’s not thinking straight! And Reapermon is manipulating him to take advantage!”

Everyone looked at Tai, who had a look of regret on his face. “And it’s all my fault.”

Quickly, he hurried towards the fight.

“Tai! Wait!” Matt called.

Leo was waking up when Tai zipped by, snagging one his katanas.

“Tai! Stop!” He cried.

“Wait for me!” Agumon scurried right behind him.

Josh jumped off Diaboromon's back and started twirling his nunchuks. " We beat you once before, Reapermon! This will be no different!"

Reapermon smirked. “And what makes you so sure you’ll be accepted now that Diaboromon has shown himself?”

Both he and Diaboromon froze, then gained furious looks non their faces. Josh screamed in anger and jumped at him, smacking his face with his nunchuks, while Diaboromon bashed him in the chest with his extending arms. "CABLE CRUSHER!"

“GRIM SLASHER!” Reapermon used his blade to block Diaboromons hand.

Lillithmon then snuck up behind Josh. “It looks like you’ve reached your limit!” She laughed. “RAZOR CLAW!”

She was blocked by a machete. She hissed as Night Shine began pushing you back. “Don’t think you’ve forgotten what I owe for cheap shot me earlier, Witch!”

“You sure that’s all you came back for?” Lillithmon winked.

Night Shine just stuck his tongue out in disgust. “You’re gross!”

Suddenly, something rocketed towards Reapermon who caught it before it exploded, causing Diaboromon’s hand to slam him down. Shine Boy stood up with his CDA staff and hurried to Josh. “Josh! You alright?”

Josh shook his head “Physically, yes. Emotionally.... I feel like tearing that evil reaper apart!!"

Shine Boy put his hand on Josh’s shoulder. “Cmon everyone is heading back to Primary Village. We need to recuperate.”

Josh shook his head. "Even if we get to the primary village, we will just bring them to our doorstep! All those baby digimon might get hurt! We have to stop them!"

“Elecmon told us to. I think he’s got something planned. He wouldn’t endanger the baby Digimon if he didn’t plan something.”

Josh sighed, then nodded in defeat. "Okay. Diaboromon, retreat!"

Diaboromon picked him up and headed towards the primary village.

Night Shine and Shine Boy were about to head back when-

SLASH!

They turn back to see Tai blocking Reapermon's attack with Leo's katana and Agumon watching his back.

"Get to the village! I'll hold them off!"

"For the love of-!"

"Luke! C'mon!" Shine Boy spoke to his brother.

As he struggled, Reapermon spoke to Tai. "Are you certain we are the enemy? You just let one of your enemies escape."

Realizing he's talking about Josh, Tai grunted. "I'm not falling for that! I admit I was wrong to accuse Josh and his partner! not anymore!"

Suddenly, the katana began to glow as Tai's crest of Courage appeared on his chest. Agumon then began to glow as well.

"Agumon! Warp Digivolve to.... WarGreymon!"

Sure enough, WarGreymon did appear right by Tai.

"What is this?" Reapermon wide eyed.

Taking this opprotunity, Tai jump kicked the bad Digimon down. Lillithmon tried to attack WarGreymon only to be flipped on top of Reapermon.

"WarGreymon! Now's our chance!" Tai cried.

"I'm right behind you!" WarGreymon hurried behind. As they hurried, Tai's crest vanished and WarGreymon returned as Agumon.

"Quit goofing off and GET THEM!" Ripley shouted as Reapermon and Lillithmon struggled to get up.

"Get off me!" Reapermon growled.

"Stop touching me!" Lillithmon argued.

Soon, they were able to get up and gave chase.

"Hurry!" Rainbow shouted as she helped pull Shine Boy in while Night Shine jumped in the perimeter.

"Tai!" Matt and Sora reached out and pulled Tai and Agumon in.

"So now what?" Night Shine asked.

"Now it's my turn!" shouted a small nimble voice.

"Here they come!" gasped Fluttershy.

Everyone stood ready as Reapermon and Lillithmon ran up towards them. But just they were about to reach them, they were suddenly slammed into a giant barrier. As they tried to break the barrier, a small pink creature with wings carrying a spear flew up towards them.

"Sorry! This is a no Evil Digimon zone! Nope nope!" he teased.

Seeing their enemies out of reach, Ripley growled. "RRrr! Stupids! Call them back!" he ordered Gladitron.

Gladitron nodded before calling to the two Digimon. "Return to base, you two!"

Hearing this, Lillithmon and Reapermon headed back.

"Yeah! You better run!" Pinkie blew a raspberry.

Everyone took a deep breath in relief while the mutants were laid down to rest. Sora pointed to the pink creature. "Everyone. This is our friend Piximon. He is a very wise Digimon who helped us in the past."

"So, You are the Ninjas and Rainbooms Gennai told me about. Any friends of the Digidestined is a friend of mine. Yup yup!"

Elecmon then spoke up. "Gennai sent him to put up a barrier around Primary Village to protect the baby Digimon and you can all still stay here for rest."

Fluttershy hugged Piximon. "Thank you so much for coming to help us."

"My pleasure. Yup yup!"

Izzy then turned to Tai. "Tai, how did you get Agumon to digivolve to WarGreymon?"

Tai pondered as he handed Leo his sword back. "I'm not sure. It was like when I held Reapermon off, my crest suddenly appeared and then when we escape, it was gone."

"Sounds familiar." T.K. said as Kari nodded.

Davis then spoke up. "I don't get it! Even after that Spirit Quest, we still lost!"

"Did we do something wrong?" Cody asked.

"It was nothing you guys did. Those two just caught us off guard." April assured.

"Even our Digi Armor failed against them." Raph grumbled.

Piximon flew up. "Nothing wrong. Nope Nope! Just need one piece of the puzzle to be complete. I can help. Yup yup!"

"We'll need it." Leo nodded.

"For sure." Bebop added.

Tai then took a deep breath and walked towards Josh, who was leaning on a tree as Keramon looked at him with concern. "Josh, I-"

Josh held up his hand. "You don't need to apologize, Tai. I understand how you felt. You were suspicious of me and Keramon. But you were right about one thing.... I'm not ready to be part of the team. "

This caused everyone to gasp in horror.

Josh continued. "We fought Reapermon before. We had to digivolve to the mega level to stop him. But this time it wasn't enough!.... We... We're not strong enough."

Keramon bowed his head in shame. "He's right. We failed."

Josh turned around. "But I will make this right. I'm temporarily leaving the team. But I promise to return strong enough to help. You. Please, don't try to stop us. We need to do this."

Keramon nodded. "We really do."

“Josh, you don’t really have to leave!” Pleaded Sora.

“It’s…. It’s something we have to do!” Josh struggled to hide his tears as he ran away with Keramon right behind him.

Matt walked up to Sora. “Let him go. This is something he has to do alone. I should know.”

“Everything Reapermon told him really hurt him mentally. All we can do is hope that he calms his mind.” April hoped.

Tai looked towards where Josh left in regret. He had finally understood Josh and Keramon, but now the damage was done.

To be Continued

Author's Note:

Will Josh overcome his depression and help the team? Will they defeat Reapermon and Lillithmon? Find out next time!

Sorry for the wait. Ezio1-3 helped out a lot in this chapter. I changed the title from Josh's Fallout to Josh's Failed attempt because it didn't really feel like a fallout to me. Still works.

-The part where MetalPhantomon and Lillithmon entered was based on the first battle with Tokka and Rahzar in TMNT 2 The Secret of the Ooze.

-the part with Ogremon and Leomon counting how many Gem Knights they beat was inspired by a scene from Lord of the Rings The Return of the King.

- The dialogue where Tai grills Josh was based on a scene from Beast Machines. Special thanks to Cyan Tank for the recommendation.

- The part where Agumon becomes WarGreymon was inspired by the part in the 2017 Power Rangers movie when Billy somehow morphed before they mastered their powers.

And I thinks that's it.

Special thanks to Ezio1-3 for his help in this.

Next time: Regret, Recuperation, and Restoration