• Published 1st Nov 2021
  • 5,044 Views, 106 Comments

The Alternative - MASTERMIND360

  • ...
13
 106
 5,044

Medication

Not long after Rainbow's last meeting with Sunset that day. Not after 15 minutes since she left, Sunset is starting to lose her head. By the time Snips and Snails returned with the snacks, they find half of the living trashed (saved for the T.V and the gaming console) they immediately find Sunset in her room, thrashing some things like she did the other day where Twilight check up on her.

They tried to hold her down to get her to stop, but Sunset was too much of despair to get a hold of. When she breaks free of them, Sunset knocked herself out by banging her head to the bathroom mirror, passing out.

They quickly call for an ambulance whilst informing Principal Celestia and her sister, Luna (Since Sunset can also trust them) the bad news, so the two principals rushed to the Hospital for Sunset.

A few hours later, when Sunset woke up and found herself in a coma, with a large gauze on her forehead, a bandage on her right hand, Snips and Snails told her about what happened and how she acted, she doesn't know what came over her, not since Rainbow appeared in her apartment door. After learning the history between Sunset, Rainbow, and the Rainbooms, the doctor analyzes Sunset's condition, and then she immediately confirmed Sunset was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Shocked by the revelation of Sunset's condition, Celestia immediately asked the doctor what they can do. The doctor says it can be treatable, so Sunset must take some meds to help her at ease every single day. The sight of Rainbow Dash is what caused her PTSD to break, Snips and Snails also confirmed something like this happened to her not long after the trial, the doctor says it's the first sign of PTSD that needs to be seriously treated.


Twilight, I think I've been messed up...

Why? What happen?!

Well... you see... I didn't realize it but I got PTSD. It's pretty bad...

What, how?

Well, you saw how I acted that other day when you are checking up on me?

Oh, yes, I remember that. It's because you were reminded of the girls, right?

Yes, well, Rainbow Dash happened to arrive on my doorstep, and... I guess that she's the sole reason that my disorder breaks since she's the one who organizes the ambush on me...

Well, since she's guilty of what she did, I highly doubt that she would want to harm you in some way. I'm pretty sure it's for something else

Yes, she told me about how Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootalo had been going through since their confession. They felt so awful and Rainbow couldn't stand it, that's she begged me for forgiveness towards Apple Bloom and her friends since they are the ones who started. I don't know, Twilight, I can't help but I actually hate them for starting that shit, to begin with... I haven't felt this hate since the Fall Formal

It's okay, Princess Luna said that it's okay to express your emotions, if it's hate, then she's confident that it will eventually die down in the future. I hope you can't hate them forever.

I don't know how long I'll be feeling this hatred to those three but I guess it's best to stay well away from them if I know what's good for me

That you should. So what's going to happen to you?

Oh, I'll be fine. The Doctor says I have to take some meds every day to help me at bay, if I don't then, I might as well go crazy again

I wouldn't say you're fine, Sunset. Given how serious PTSD was and it needs to be treated seriously. Promise me to keep me posted every day so I will know how you're feeling

Promise, and don't worry about me, I'll be staying in the hospital for the night. And I'm still tired... I gotta get sleep

Sleep well, Sunset. You need it.


3 months later....

"Twilight, have you seen my meds?! Where are my meds?!" Sunset frantically removed every piece of clothing in the closet, looking for her meds.

The nerd frantically look around the living room, "I'm looking! I'm looking!" she said rapidly.

"This can't be happening!" Sunset exclaimed as she removed the pillows and the blankets off of her bed, "If I can't find them and take them today, I will go nuts!"

The two girls were having a sleepover of their own when Twilight decided to keep her company for the night. And when they woke up this morning, Sunset can't seem to find her meds, this caused her to panic and she abruptly woke Twilight up to help her search for her medication. Twilight, being a smart scientist and a new student of CHS, knows how those meds were important for Sunset so she immediately agreed to help.

They've been looking for 10 minutes and still no, Sunset is about to get worse off she doesn't take them now. Twilight's expression changed from panic to determination

"Then we must race against time to find your precious medication," Twilight declared, she picked something from her backpack and pull out a high-tech invention or something. It looks like a tracker of some sort. "Come here, Sunset, let's use this."

Sunset immediately went to the living to Twilight, who activates the tracker and it let out a bright green beam and it shined to Sunset's face, she covers her eyes upon the beam shining on her eyes.

"Twilight turned that thing off!" she yelled whilst covering her eyes.

"Oops, sorry!" Twilight says as she immediately turns it off.

Sunset rubbed her eyes and glare at her, "What is that for?!"

"I'm sorry, Sunset!" Twilight replied. "It's a tracker! It could help us find your meds!"

Sunset takes a few deep breaths to calm down and said, "Look, maybe we don't need the tracker. My apartment is not that big but every second counts, Twilight. If I can't take them soon, I'll go crazy!"

Twilight turns off her tracker and puts it back in her backpack, "Okay, let's keep searching."

Just then, Sunset's journal just glowed on the couch, causing it to drop some small pills. Sunset immediately recognized these small objects.

"My pills!" she exclaimed, quickly picking them off of the ground. "Twilight, get me a glass of water!"

"Uhm," Twilight says uncertainly. "Are you sure you still want them? I mean, they fell on the ground, and the ground is dirty and..."

"I don't care!" Sunset told her. "I don't have time!"

Twilight yelped and quickly went to the kitchen and hurried back with a glass of water. Sunset gently took the glass and she swallowed her pills with the water. When she's done drinking, she sighs in relief. She doesn't have to go crazy again. She looked up to Twilight with an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry that I yelled at you, Twilight..." Sunset says genuinely

Twilight smiles softly at her, "It's okay. We know what happens if you don't take them in time."

Sunset smiled back and nodded, "Yep," she turned to her journal. Princess Twilight must have called her. "Do you have a minute? It's your equestrian counterpart."

Twilight nodded, "Sure! I'll just get our stuff ready for school!"

Twilight hurried back to the room to get the school supplies, leaving Sunset to have a morning chat with Princess Twilight over the book.

Author's Note:

I'm very sorry if this feels rushed to you, I know. But I have to make this quick, I've been busy lately...

Then again, I hoped you enjoyed this story! :twilightsmile: