• Published 1st Nov 2021
  • 5,044 Views, 106 Comments

The Alternative - MASTERMIND360

  • ...
13
 106
 5,044

Twilight

With the Friendship Games cancelled the following month after the holiday, Twilight Sparkle, the top student of Crystal Prep, decided to find some alternatives to study strange sources at Canterlot High.

And that's when she decided she has to leave Crystal Prep and transfer to CHS. It was hard at first, but despite being the best in her school, Twilight eventually give in to the desire of wanting to continue studying in a new school, a better one, unlike Crystal Prep and its very competitive and mean students, with the help of Cadance, she finally convinced Principal Cinch so she very reluctantly let Twilight transfer.

And when she first came to CHS, it was pretty different as she expected, but she didn't expect every student to be a little sad over something. But what's strange is that when she makes her presence known, people stop talking as if they are dead in their tracks and begin to whisper, she could swear she heard them whispering, "That's Twilight?" "Why is she here?" "Is she's going to punish all of us for what we did to Sunset"?

But Twilight choose to ignore the whispers, at least it's not something hostile like her former classmates in Crystal Prep, but the students in CHS were rather surprised, they seem guilty, and a little scared of her. But for what?

But that doesn't matter, what matters is that she must study the strange power sources in this school. If she could only just get a sample from the source, maybe she can finally analyze what it is.

Word got out to the whole school that Twilight has returned, but she looks slightly different, especially the glasses and the ponytail. Snips and Snails begin to investigate, starting with asking every student who sees how completely different Twilight was and how she acts so different as if this is her first day in school. And to see her investigating something like she's looking for something unusual. The two boys were beginning to have a bad feeling about this so they report everything back to Sunset.

Sunset took a little bit of time to comprehend what they reported to her, and that is when she finally realizes that this world's Twilight Sparkle has enrolled on Canterlot. And they also say she's a scientist, if she's a scientist, it'd be a bad idea for her to try and study magic. So she quickly runs around the school for Twilight, and she finally found herself looking for magic outside on the football field.

Sunset catches up with her, and with the school day ended, it was time to tell her everything, from the bottom to the top. they settled in Sugarcube Corner, so Sunset begin explaining everything to human Twilight, starting from who she is, where she comes from, where magic comes from, her equestrian counterpart, and everything that had happened with magic last year. Sunset also demonstrated some of her magic to Twilight just in case she doesn't believe her, and she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

After 10 minutes, Sci Twi now understands the dangers of magic, and where Sunset and her pony counterpart came from. She also realized that studying magic she doesn't understand will create even more problems they can't afford to deal with. So Twilight ultimately calls off her investigations but decided to continue with her studies in her new school. Sunset happily agreed to help her way around her new school. But since she's so focused on Human Twilight, she didn't notice the Rainbooms sitting at the other side of the cafe, and they heard the full story, and they do want to befriend this Twilight but they were not sure about Sunset in the way.

When the Rainbooms suddenly crossed paths with her the next day in school, Twilight immediately confirmed that they also shared the magic with Sunset, based on what Sunset told her. The girls introduced themselves to her, for a proper introduction, but then Sunset also came by and see the girls talking with Twilight. The Rainbooms' smile fell when they see her, Twilight can't help but feel like there was some tension going on between them, but Sunset immediately reassured her it's fine, she can hang out with them if she wanted to, but Sunset's not joining with them.

So, a month has passed since Twilight enrolled at CHS, and she never felt this much happier. Her new classmates were so nice to her, but it's not because they met her pony counterpart, but it's because they learned something about Friendship her pony counterpart had taught them. But as much as she enjoys studying at her new school, and making new friends, there is one thing that bothered her.

Whenever she joined Sunset to hang out, the Rainbooms immediately stopped and told her it's okay, they'll just carry on with their own business. And when she hangs out with the Rainbooms, Sunset refused to join and told her it's okay, she's gotta go and help Snips and Snails. She must know what's up, even they refused to tell her, she will find out one way or another.

"Hey, Sunset," Twilight spoke to her. "Do you have time?" She's now wearing new clothes, (The choice of clothing she wears in the EG series)

"Sure," Sunset replied, neatly placing her books back into her locker She. "Let's talk outside the building." She's also wearing her orange shirt with her cutie mark logo, a black leather vest, a dark purple miniskirt, and new boots.

So they went outside of the building and sat down by the Canterlot Statue. Twilight needed to know what is up with Sunset and the Rainbooms, so she asked, "What is up with you and the Rainbooms? Every time I hung out with them, you won't join us, and when I hang out with you, they won't even join us as long as you were around? Sunset, is there something you haven't told me?"

Sunset frowned. Of course, this day would come, she didn't tell Twilight about Anon A Miss because she was still new to her school at the time. But since Twilight asked her this question, she knew she can't hide it anymore, so she must tell her the truth.

So, she hesitantly explains to her, about Anon A Miss, about Rainbow and Gilda, and Apple Bloom and her friends being the masterminds behind that account, and needless to say, Twilight was horrified.

"Oh my god..." she said, her eyes widening. "Sunset... I' can't believe it.... they.... they..."

"I get it, Twilight," Sunset interrupted her. "I am alive, and before you say it, it's pretty bad."

"Yes, it seems," Twilight replied but she's still shocked. "But I'm still horrified of what Gilda and her cronies did to you! Especially how Rainbow Dash sold you out like that!"

Sunset sighs, "Yes, even though I can't forgive them, I know they felt horrible about the whole thing. That is exactly why I chose to spare her and the CMC from sharing a prison cell with Gilda. Listen, Twilight, Vice Principal Luna told me before that there is no such thing as perfection, people make mistakes, Rainbow Dash just got caught up with her anger, Gilda and her goons don't seem to deserve redemption if there's so willing to beat the shit out of Apple Bloom if I give them a chance to walk away, I already told you about the whole She-Demon thing, remember?"

Twilight nodded, "Yes, but still! It's horrible!" She exclaimed. "Especially when the holidays were around the corner!"

"Yes, I know," Sunset told her. "Look, Twilight, it's all in the past and I tried to move on from it, the girls were doing the same. And please, don't make them out as bad people, especially Rainbow Dash, they really want to own up to their mistake. Apple Bloom and her friends were getting the worst punishments than I got in the past."

"Oh, I don't intend to, Sunset," Twilight said. "I'm just shocked, that's all. And like you just said, there is no such thing as perfection. And come to think of it, I would've made things worse by studying magic that it turns into chaos at the end, and you and the girls can't afford to deal with it. But I'm glad you stopped me that day we met."

Sunset smiled, "I'm glad too that I stopped another magic chaos from happening," she said. "Although, there is still more magic problem to deal with."

"I know," Twilight replied. "I'll try and help in any way I can." She hopes she can because Sunset and the Rainbooms might need her the most. "So, anyway, how were things with you and the girls?"

Sunset's smile fell again and sighs, "That's what your pony counterpart told me the other day?" she frowned. "No, I still don't forgive them. And believe me, I wanted to but it hurts too much. And whenever I see them, I get bad memories of how they treated me, especially how Rainbow sold me out," she looks down as she continues. "But I know they realized they messed up big time, I just need time and space. Away from them...."

Twilight lays a comforting hand on her shoulder, "How much time do you need?"

Sunset looked up to her, "It's been nearly a month since that cold, cold night..." she said quietly. "And I'm still very hurt about it. I don't know but I do need plenty of time. And this is also exactly why they were so friendly and caring than they are in the past. They genuinely grew wiser from the experience, and, I'm still in the process of healing. But Twilight, don't think we're forcing you to choose either them or me, no, the girls were not like that. I'm not like that anymore. You can always make friends with everyone in this school if it makes you even happier."

"Ever since Anon A Miss, I lost all my love for Friendship," she continued. "And I don't want you to lose that, too. The Rainbooms already lost me as a friend, and they don't want to lose you too as a friend. It's fine if you want to hang out with them or me from time to time, but just don't bring me closer to them when I'm not ready."

Twilight nodded, "I understand, Sunset," she said. "You helped me so much since the day I came to this school, so now, as a friend, I must do the same."

Sunset smiles again, "Glad to hear it, so, you need a lab partner?" She winked.

Twilight smirks, "Of course I do! Let's go, there's so much we can learn more about science together!"

Sunset chuckled as she and Twilight stood up and went on their way to Twilight's house. She may lose a lot of love for Friendship, but that doesn't make her descend into the old cruel person she once was.