• Published 1st Nov 2021
  • 5,044 Views, 106 Comments

The Alternative - MASTERMIND360

  • ...
13
 106
 5,044

Overwhelming

When School day came by Monday, things didn't get any better. In fact, this was the last week before the holiday break.

The Rainbooms were disbanded for good, none of the girls ever wanted to play anymore, when the whole school knew who Anon A Miss was, they were very angry at Apple Bloom and her friends but they knew better than to mess with the same girls who saved their lives twice. Well, they couldn't exactly say the same for Rainbow Dash.

When word also got out of her involvement, the whole school treated her like some kind of monster. After the CMC's confession, they immediately banned her from every activity in the school, and immediately denounced her as captain of the football team. It's not like there will be no events for quite a while no, Friendship Games and the camping trip to Camp Everfree were canceled.

As Rainbow Dash makes her way to her locker, all of her fellow classmates just immediately stop talking and whispered one on another as she passes by. Most of them were giving her stares of fright and others were giving her cold angry stares. Rainbow could swear she heard one of them whisper, "Monster," she tries to ignore them and made it to her locker.

As she opens her locker to get her things for the morning class, she can't help but hear Lyra and Bon-Bon were talking, and they were not pleased with her presence.

"I honestly cannot believe what kind of a person would do such a thing to her own friends," Lyra said in disgust.

"Yeah," Bon Bon agreed, giving Dash an icy glare. "I don't think Sunset Shimmer may go that far, and given everything that's happened, Shimmer actually does change after all. And she seems genuinely hurt about it."

"But can she still be a good person?" Lyra asked her skeptical. "Given everything that happened, I don't know for sure."

"But I'm still not fine with Sunset's decision to keep Rainbow Dash around," Bon Bon said.

"Nor I'm okay with her decision to keep the real Anon A Miss around for what had they done to her," Lyra added. "But they're just little kids anyway, Rainbow Dash should've joined Gilda and her hooligans in prison. But at least Gilda is no longer, I don't think we should be worried.

"Let's just go," Bon Bon said impatiently. "I don't want to waste my time talking about that monster."

The last part hit Rainbow really hard as she struggled not to cry, both girls turned their heads away from the rainbow athlete and proceed with their own thing.

She closed her locker and grabbed her two books and continued to walk into the hallway. As she continued walking, someone purposefully pushed her, knocking her to the ground. Everyone stopped and saw her lying there.

"I wonder who did that?" Silver Spoon mockingly wondered.

"I don't know," Diamond Tiara replied mockingly. "It must be that monster!"

"Monster!"

"Horrible fiend!"

"Monster!"

"If you're so angry to do such a thing to your own friends, I don't want to imagine how you're gonna do to us!"

"Monster!"

"Get out of here, Monster!"

"You're not worthy as team captain, Monster!"

Rainbow Dash covered her ears. To avoid the harsh words given to her, to avoid the harsh treatment she was getting. It was only Monday, and she's getting horrible treatment in the worse possible. Now she gets to feel what Sunset had gone through but even worse than that.

Please stop

I'm not a monster

But people continued to assault her with words as Rainbow started to tear up and keep her ears covered tightly.

Someone help me.....


And a Christman miracle happened a voice shouted, "That's enough!"

Everyone stopped. They knew that voice, so they quickly make way for Sunset Shimmer with Snips and Snails on her side. She looks pissed, she hasn't been happy since Anon A Miss happened. Everyone just stared at her, they knew they pissed her off real good, and if she died, it's all on them. So from that point on, they decided to respect whatever decision she makes in this school.

"I suggest all of you get your rush our asses to classes," Sunset coldly suggested. "Everybody, scram!" Everyone immediately rushes from the hallways and to every classroom they can find.

With the hallways empty except for the 4 of them, Sunset walks towards Rainbow Dash and looks down on her with cold and angry eyes.

Rainbow quickly wipes her eyes and said, "Sunset, th-thank you, I-"

"Shut up," Sunset stopped her, Rainbow flinched at that but she knew she deserved it. "I suggest you get yourself fixed up and get going. I don't have time to deal with you."

And that's just it. She left. Snips and Snails followed suit. Rainbow Dash is all alone.


Rainbow didn't spend the entire day attending classes. Instead, she spent the whole day wallowing in the band room where she and her friends used to play. She doesn't know what to do, sure, Sunset went through this before that's because she and the others were there for her. But the tables had turned, and this time, Sunset is not interested to tolerate her anymore, if she gets her to defend her, she'll only make Sunset irritated even more. She doesn't want that, she doesn't make her even angrier, not after what she did.

Just then, the door slowly opened to reveal her lifelong friend, Fluttershy. She's the first one to enter, and so do the rest of the girls and the CMC. They shut the door and lock it as they went over to their friend, Fluttershy sat next to Rainbow gave her a comforting hug.

"I know what you've been through," Fluttershy said softly. "I'm sorry we're not there to stop it."

"It's okay, shy," Rainbow replied sadly. "Sunset stood up for me. But I don't want her to intervene, because I'll just make her even angrier than last week at the cafeteria."

But then, she begin to cry as she continued, "It's not that it hurts so much," she sobbed. "but it's for what I had done. I wasn't thinking straight, she would've died because of me. And if that happens," her voice begins to crack. "we'll ultimately lose this school and we may be forced to go to separate schools. Away from each other... And our sisters and I, we would've joined Gilda to rot in prison with her..."

The girls embraced her in a hug as Rainbow continued to cry. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle lower their heads in shame, while Scootalo stares sadly at Rainbow Dash. She slowly joined in the group hug, to hug her older mentor, to hug her big sister.

When they let go of Rainbow Dash, she stared at Scootalo with sorrow, Scootalo doesn't know what to say but she owe it to Rainbow for her part as Anon A Miss.

"Rainbow Dash," she begins. "I'm so sorry for everything. Can you forgive me?"

Rainbow shook her head, "No, squirts. I can't. It's bad enough that everyone saw me as a monster, which, I am. And forgiving you will just make me a typical hypocrite. And it makes me more of a horrible person than I already am!" The last part was like a scream and Scootalo recoiled at that, as she also teared up too.

"I'm.... sorry...."

Rainbow sobbed, "Me too... Me too...."

Scootalo lung forward to Rainbow Dash and they embraced each other with a hug as they cried together. The rest of the girls watched sadly, Apple Bloom felt really guilty than the others. She started this, all because she was jealous. Nothing else but jealousy.

Unbeknown to them, Sunset Shimmer was seeing all of this from the door, as much as she was angry at them, she can't help but feel bad about it. But can she truly forgive them? Especially now?


Hey, Twilight

Oh, hey, Sunset. How were things at school

I don't know, everyone felt bad for me and they all decided to respect my wishes and decisions I'll make in this school

And how were the girls? I know you don't want to be with them anymore but at least tell me if they're doing all right?

To be honest, when I saw Rainbow Dash crying her eyes out about her actions, I can't help but feel that for her. Twilight, did I make the right call by refusing to forgive them?

She waited for Twilight to respond, and then...

That depends on the person, and for your case, I'll say that after everything you've been through, you had reached your breaking point, you couldn't take it anymore. So I say you're not ready to forgive, and when you're feeling bad for them, don't be so obliged to forgive just yet. You still need time to recover, and whatever decision you make, I will respect it. But like I told you, don't pay them with a mind for a while if you're uncomfortable, for your own sake and happiness, just focus on your peace and mind. That way, you can recover, and maybe one day, you can speak with them

Alright, I guess that helps. How much time do I need?

Like I just said, it depends on the person. So I can say it's you, whether you decide or not, I'll respect it.

Okay, Twilight, thanks...