• Published 1st Nov 2021
  • 5,044 Views, 106 Comments

The Alternative - MASTERMIND360

  • ...
13
 106
 5,044

Courting Hearing

Twilight, are you there?

Sunset?! Oh Celestia, are you okay?! How did it go?!

I'm fine, apart from the bruises, I should be okay. And about Gilda and her assembled team? They were arrested, I was about to give them a chance but the police won't allow that, because it's the law, I have no control for that decision

But what about Rainbow Dash and Appleboom and her friends?

They're fine, my only decision is to spare them from going to a jail cell. And thinking about it, I don't think Gilda and her accomplices deserved redemption, I've seen it in their eyes, they can't be redeemed I'm afraid. Not even a big rainbow blast on them will change that

I see. So what's going now?

Tomorrow, we all be at the supreme court, they're going to answer everything they had done to me that night, and shortly after the police had taken them away, Applebloom and her friends confessed to the whole school, not only that they also give the word of Gilda and her group and what they did, especially Rainbow Dash's involvement. Needless to say, not only they were guilty, but they were all horrified for what I had been through and they gave me a lot of space.

So I've heard. What about you and the girls?

Doesn't seem obvious to you? I'm done with them, they're not the true friends I thought they were. I would have died because of them! I would be forever gone from this world because they left me when I needed them the most! And what about family, huh? Where's my family, Twilight? No, it doesn't matter, because I never have a family to begin with. Just some parole officers who happened to be in the same school as me, nothing more, and nothing less

I understand why you're being that way, and quite frankly, I'm also angry at them too. But I just hoped that one day, you can forgive them

I pretty much doubt that. So, how were those Amulets? Are there ready?

Yes, but don't try to change the subject. What time is the court hearing tomorrow?

Around 9 in the morning, but I'd rather get it done quickly

Wait for me I want to go too. I want to hear what they have to say, and when they're done, I'll have a word with the girls, after that, I'll come with you to the Dazzlings to give them the Amulets. I know you said I don't need to talk to the girls, but I have to, this is something I should've done when that whole mess happened

After a moment of silence, Sunset responded.

Fine, but you better not be late. You don't want to miss a thing

I won't, I will be there as soon as I can


It was 9:00 in the morning, at the Canterlot Supreme Court. Today is going to be a big day, where Gilda and her gang are going to face some justice. Rainbow Dash and the CMC were lucky not to go down with them, who knows what Gilda and the others will do to them. Applebloom and her friends owed Sunset so much for sparing them, and for all that pain they caused her, Rainbow Dash owed her with her life for nearly getting her killed, and for abandoning her but she doesn't know what to do.


The room was filled with police officers, judges, parents of Gilda and her gang, the mane 5's parents, the school faculty, the 5 girls and the CMC, Princess Twilight, and Sunset Shimmer. The judge was Harrington Grey, he was a middle-aged man, he wore a black suit with a white shirt underneath and a red tie. He looked down on everyone presented in the trial, he seems strict but he plays by the rules.

"Now," Judge Harrington spoke first. "Let's not waste any more time and let's get this over with. I call for Police Commissioner Swift Order, to come here on the stand."

Swift Order obeyed and took the stand, "Yes your honor,"

Harrington nodded, "Kindly explain to me what the situation is all about?"

"Yes your honor," Swift Order begins to explain. "It is come to my attention that there's this cyberbully called Anon A Miss, and this user has been spreading the secrets of the students of Canterlot High. And that young lady with the red hair," he pointed at Sunset. "Sunset Shimmer was partially blamed to be the mastermind of the account while the reality is that she's innocent. She was abused, tormented, and suffered for the last two weeks, it seems that Anon A Miss tries to destroy her by framing her."

"Framing one another is a cheap move," Harrington commented.

"Yes, indeed," Swift Order agreed and then he continued, "What's worse, the five girls who she thought were her friends also believed she's behind it all, and they threw her away to the wolves. One of them, a girl named Rainbow Dash, got caught up with her anger when one of her secrets got out on Mystable, Gilda came to her and they plotted to have Miss Shimmer beat up, what Miss Dash didn't know is that Gilda and her gang went too far, they ambushed Sunset in the school gym, kidnapped her, and took her to an abandoned factory, leaving her there to die. But like a miracle, these two young brave boys, Snips and Snails came for her and they saved her life." He pointed at Snips and Snails who just waved at them.

"How brave they are," Harrington remarked. "So, do you finally figured out who Anon A Miss really is?"

"Yes, but you're not going to believe it, your honor," Swift Order answered. "The culprits are three little girls, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootalo."

Harrington sighs in disappointment, "This is going to be a long day, okay, thank you, Commissioner, I suggest you return to your seat and I call for Applebloom to take the stand."

Swift Order nodded and walk back to his seat as Applebloom takes the stand.

"Applebloom, If I just heard Commissioner Swift Order correctly, you and your friends are responsible for the chaos at CHS, correct?"

Applebloom gulped but she answered, "Y-ya, ah am...."

"Kindly explain your motivation behind all of this and what do you had to gain ruining Sunset Shimmer's life?"

"It's because....." Appleboom spoke hesitantly as she started to sob. "It's because I was so jealous that my older sister, Applejack, always took her time with Sunset. Not only that, but Sunset was once a bully before," she continued as tears spilled from her eyes. "I never believed her turning over a new leaf, I always thought all of that was a ruse so she can get closer to Applejack, and I thought creating Anon A Miss and framing her may stop her from attempting to hurt her and everyone else but in the end, I was wrong!" She cried at the last part. "Ah was so dang wrong! I'm so sorry Sunset, yah' don't deserve this!!"

She cried harder than the whole court can hear it, everyone including Judge Harrington was disappointed in her, he'd hate himself to throw these girls away to jail, only thanks to Sunset's request of sparing them from going down with Gilda and her gang.

"That's not all your honor!" Sweetie Belle called out, suddenly standing up from her seat, tears are also spilling from her eyes. "I stole Sunset's phone when she was asleep with Rarity and the others during their sleepover, I also wanted to get back at her but in the end, I became a bully myself and I did worse than Sunset had done."

"Same here, your honor," Scootalo added. "Rainbow Dash always took her time with Sunset instead of me, but in the end, it's very cruel and selfish for us to do such a horrible thing," she turned to Sunset, who has been staring at her with no emotion. "We're so sorry, Sunset, you don't have to forgive us right away, but we're sorry," she then broke down crying.

Harrington stared sadly at them for a brief moment but retained his strict demeanor, "Then I suggest Applebloom returned to her seat, and may I call Sunset Shimmer to take the stand."

Applebloom, still crying heads back to her seat while Sunset stood up and took the stand next to the judge.

"Now, Miss Shimmer, I must say I feel bad for you," Harrington told her softly. "If you tell me about the whole mess from your perspective, I will see to it that the ones who wronged you may be sent to prison."

"As long as you spared the three girls and Rainbow Dash, your honor, I'm willingly obliged," Sunset said and she begin to explain and look down on everyone, beginning to listen to her. "I admit, I was once a bad person, a bully, but I had a friend who made me see things clearly," she turned to Twilight and smiled. "And she entrusted those 5 girls over there to teach me about friendship and helped me become a better person. Over the last few months I spent with them, my heart began to change, I began to turn into a much nicer person, and it's all because of them. And my friendship with them grew stronger to the point that I viewed them as a family."

The word 'family' struck them with guilt, they were supposed to be her friends, her family, and yet, they didn't treat her like one when Anon A Miss rises up.

Sunset's smile faltered and was replaced with a frown, "But all of that was just a big waste of time. When Anon A Miss happened, they immediately assumed it was me!" She started to sob as tears begin to spill from her eyes. "They left me! They threw me away! They left me to face the hatred of the school alone! And what's worse... one of them, Rainbow Dash, plotted a revenge scheme against me and she let Gilda and her gang took care of it. I was beaten up so badly, they kidnapped me, and took me to the abandoned factory, and left me to die. If it weren't for Snips and Snails to save me, I would've had died. If I died at that factory, the last thing I'll remember is the girls, and they're not my family."

Rainbow Dash and her friends just lowered their heads in shame as Sunset continued to cry, Twilight cried too and she looked at the girls in disappointment, she is going to have a long talk with them after this.

Harrington hand out a tissue from the tissue box and give it to Sunset, "Here, take this," he offered her the tissue."

"Thank you, your honor," Sunset accepted the tissue and blow her nose, she grabbed another one and wipe her tears away with it. "That's all I wanted to say, may I return to my seat?"

Judge Harrington Grey nodded, "Yes, you may,"

Sunset quickly returned to her seat. Twilight couldn't take her gaze off of her and she is also glaring murderously at Gilda and the others who nearly killed Sunset that night.

"Rainbow Dash, may I call you to take the stand?" Harrington announced.

Rainbow Dash, without hesitation, stood up from her seat and took the stand next to the judge.

"So, tell me, Miss Dash, is it true that you and your friends believed that Miss Shimmer is going back to her misdeeds and you wanted revenge on her, right?"

Rainbow nodded. "Y-yes, your honor,"

"Then, kindly explained to me what do you had to gain to have Miss Shimmer beaten up like that?"

"It's because....." she begins to explain as she is about to sob. "It's because I thought she was hurting everyone again! Not only did I get her beaten up, but I also took it far by giving Gilda her address, where she eats, her usual class schedule, and how often she uses the toilet, but I swear to you your honor, I had no idea they went that far!" She lowers her head in shame. "But that doesn't excuse me for what I had done, I'm so sorry Sunset. Forgive me."

She begin to cry, the whole courtroom watched her cry. Needless to say, her parents are very disappointed in her, Sunset was also disappointed in her but she turned her gaze away from the rainbow-haired girl, Gilda and her gang just showed no sympathy. Typical for them.

"I believe that's all we needed to hear from you, Miss Dash," Harrington told her strictly. "Now, go back to your seat."

Rainbow Dash obeyed and returned to her seat. She no doubt be seen as some sort of monster who would do that to her own friends when she's angry, everyone will never look at her the same way again. Her friends, well, they're not gonna forgive her for her involvement but they brought it all this to themselves. They did this to Sunset, and things were never going to be the same again.

The next one is Gilda, and afterward, it's Lightning Dust and everyone else involved in that night. It took about an hour and a half to get all stories and facts from their perspectives, Snips and Snails also told the same story but from their perspectives as well, and so does Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna, everyone listened closely from their side of the story and needless to say, they were ashamed of what they did to Sunset, all of their parents were also ashamed of what they did while others remarked of how brave and noble the two boys were when they rescued Sunset. Judge Harrington listened carefully to everything they told their side of the story.

After a while, everything is now crystal to the judge, and he was about to make a verdict.

"Your honor, do you have a verdict?" one of the lawyers for Gilda asked him.

"Yes, I have," Judge Harrington said. "Gilda, Lightning Dust, and everyone who ambushed her that night, I declared you all guilty for attempted murder, kidnapping and trespassing, and also gang violence. All of you will be spending 5 years in Juvenile Prison, for Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootalo, for your intentions to ruin Sunset Shimmer's life, you three are on house arrest. It will be lifted by your next school year and for Rainbow Dash, you're going to have serious therapy to treat your anger issues, and I suggested your parole officer to line you up with a job he can find for you. I declared that this case is closed." He banged his hammer, signaling them all the case is closed.

"Let's take 'em away boys," Swift Order announced as he and his men took Gilda and the gang away while all of their parents watched in desperation, and some of them were breaking down crying, wondering what they did wrong in raising them. Sunset also watched them being taken away, her expression doesn't hint anything at what she's feeling now. Just nothing.

As they all left and took them to the police station, Sunset left the supreme court first, followed by Snips and Snails, Twilight tries to follow them as well, and the Rainbooms, with a little bit of hesitation, followed suit as well. They knew damn well that they're gonna have with Twilight sooner.

Author's Note:

I hoped you enjoyed this, sorry I didn't get Gilda, her gang, the Principals, and Snips and Snails to tell their side of the story directly and detailed like I did with the other characters but I needed to get this done fast. Sorry, but I tried my best.