• Published 1st Nov 2021
  • 5,044 Views, 106 Comments

The Alternative - MASTERMIND360

  • ...
13
 106
 5,044

Friends of My Own...

Sunset jolted awake, she was panting and sweating. She look around and see that she was having a nightmare. Ever since Anon A Miss, Sunset has been receiving nightmares, although, these nightmares happened rarely since Twilight enrolled from Crystal Prep to CHS.

She yanks her blanket aside and sees the black bandage sealing tightly on her right knee, that injury she received from Indigo a week ago was still fresh, and it was still taking a long time for her knee to heal. In fact, she's not the only person in her bedroom, Twilight Sparkle startled awake as well after Sunset does, Sunset's sudden awake must have disturbed her peaceful slumber. She was sleeping on her own sleeping mattress. She gazes up to Sunset half tired but worry as well.

"Sunset, are you okay?" Twilight asked her as she stands and sits next to her, Spike yawned and he jumps on her bed as well.

"Yeah, you look a little spook," Spike added. A week after Twilight's time in CHS and getting to know Sunset, Spike got blasted by some equestrian magic despite Twilight calling off her investigations, the girls don't see this as the problem considering the fact that the school already had talking dog before.

Sunset deeply sighs, knowing she can't hide this from them much longer, so she vented. And needless to say, both Twilight and Spike were saddened.

"Oh, Sunset," Twilight said sadly, "I'm so sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry," Sunset told her, "these nightmares happened often since..." she becomes hesitant when she was about to say it, "since... last holidays, however though, when you came around, those nightmares became rare but I still have them..."

"Anon A Miss hits you really hard," Twilight said, and then she realized what she just said, "Wait! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that!"

"Don't worry about it," Sunset replied, "Now, let's drop this topic and be ready for school."

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about?" Twilight asked her concern. But Sunset doesn't need to reply to her, and instead just gives her an annoyed look, telling her no for an answer, "Oh, okay, if you say. But first, we need to check your knee first," she moves herself a little and tries to get a better look at Sunset's bandaged knee, "Do you experienced some cramps last week since you're being treated in the hospital?"

Sunset shook her head, "No," she answered, "Although, it's a matter of time for that to happen and that will hurt as hell."

"Have you taken your injections by your doctor every once and a while?" Twilight questioned.

Sunset grimaced at the memories of visiting the hospital every day just to get her injections to reduce the symptoms of her injured knee. At least it's not as bad as getting injured by Indigo in the first place.

"Yeah," Sunset shuddered, "But I don't want to talk about that."

"Hey, it's a start," Twilight told her, "The doctor said you need it."

"Sure," Sunset replied sarcastically, "Adding with my meds to help ease my PTSD."

Twilight sighs and stood up, "We still have time for school but I'm gonna need some time to treat your knee with an ice pack. I'll be right back."

Just as Twilight left Sunset's bedroom, the journal glows, Princess Twilight must be active enough to talk to her. It was at the study table, Spike leaps off the bed catches the journal with his mouth, and brings it back to Sunset, she grabs the journal

Morning, Twilight

Morning, Sunset. How are you? How's your knee? Still, hurts?

It's getting better so far, although I'll possibly experience cramps and that will be real bad. But, your human counterpart was looking after me.

That's a relief to hear. I'm glad that you met my counterpart, so aside from Snips and Snails, to look after you.

I've been looking after her since the day she showed up at CHS.

And now she does the same to you when you're hurt. Does it hurt pretty bad since... you know... last week?

Sunset shivered, Yes, it does. You know, Twilight, gives me the nerves when you have to ask that.

Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to, I'm just so worried about you. Most of the time, I wished things could've been different if had been with you when the incident happened, maybe we can solve it together before it gets any worse, and you would've been in your happy place by now.

Sunset sighs annoyed, Stop saying that, Twilight. You know what they say, it is what it is. I learned that since I'm having trouble moving on from the Fall Formal. And now I'm still having trouble moving on from Anon A Miss and it still hurts a lot.

Yes, I know. But you at least have some friends, right?

Your counterpart, Snips and Snails, Principal Celestia, and Vice Principal Luna. Speaking of friends, I have another nightmare again.

Again? Is it about your former friends?

I wouldn't want to tell you even though you knew, I didn't have the energy to tell it to your counterpart. I'd be a hypocrite if I did.

Oh, okay, I understand. But I knew it was a nightmare about your former friends. Have you thought about them sometimes?

Well, the only time I interact with Rainbow Dash is when the school board decided to bring back the football team, and then we have a game against Crystal Prep, well, you know how that turned out. And 2 days ago, I bumped into Rarity and she has... a problem with a stalker and I thought maybe I should help? Anyway, did help her but we're still not friends.

You did? That's great! Even though you're not friends anymore, it's still nice to help them in need!

Even though they never did when that damn incident happened...

Just then, Sci-Twi comes back with the ice pack, "Sunset, I got the ice pack," she told her.

Twilight, I have to go. I wish we can talk more but we can always talk later. Bye.

Bye Sunset! And be careful out there!

Sunset closes the book and sets it aside just as her Twilight sits next to her, "That's my pony counterpart?" she asked. "What did she say?"

"As usual, she's checking up on me," Sunset answered, and then she thought about what her friend asked her earlier, "And Twilight," she said, "About my nightmare, well, it's about my former friends."

Twilight frowned, "I figured you'd say that, considering what you told me the other day when we're getting to know each other. I take it that you're having troubles from moving up, right?"

Sunset nodded, "Yes, but I knew I have to rely on Princess Twilight since she knows Friendship is not always easy, but it's always worth fighting for. And the only friends I got is you," she turned pets Spike, "Spike, both Snips and Snails, and Principal Celestia."

Twilight smiled sadly, "That's great to hear but what about your former friends?"

Sunset sighs, "Honestly, I'm still traumatized by them, and I want nothing to do with them, especially one of them who causes my disorder to break. But..." she paused, very reluctant of what she has to say, "ever since I helped Rarity with that stalker two days ago, not only it's a good thing that I still want to help her, but this feeling I got from helping her... one of my ex-best friends whom I nearly died because of them, was starting to get more... complicated?"

Twilight sits next to her, "How complicated?"

"I don't know," Sunset shook her head, "It was either hate, sadness, or... guilt?" she placed her hands on her face in desperation, "I don't really know, Twilight."

Twilight moves closer to her and embraces her in a hug, Sunset resting her head on Twilight's chest.

"Maybe it was not either of those three emotions you thought you have," Twilight claimed, stroking her hair, "Maybe it's something else besides that or close to that?"

Sunset lays down her hands and looks up to her in despair, "Do I look like I have an answer to you?"

Twilight shook her head in defeat, "I suppose not," she answered, and then let her friend go, "Anyway, I need to treat your knee before we're heading off to school. I just need to gently take this off of your knee."

So Twilight gently removes the black bandage protecting her injured spot, and then she placed the ice pack down. Sunset winced and cried a little over how cold it was, but she knew it was worth it. She'd rather have this than get injections every day.

After minutes passed, Twilight takes the ice pack off of Sunset's leg, "There," she finished, "That should do. You want me to walk you to the bathroom for a shower?"

"No thanks," Sunset replied, "I already had my shower last night before you show up in front of my doorstep."

"Really? I did too before I left and come to you," Twilight said, and then she gently puts the bandage back on. "There, I made sure it's tight enough to protect your knee. But are you sure you don't need a stick to walk?"

"I don't need it, I'm sure," Sunset answered confidentially.

"Well, if it's hurting, let me know, okay?" Twilight told her, Sunset nodded in reply. "Good, let's get to school for breakfast."

So she helps Sunset up and be ready for school, they decided to take the bus to school. Sunset may not have an answer to what she might have to say to her former friends, nor she's ready to face them if she decided to. But for now, it's time to hang out with the friends she got at this point.