• Published 1st Nov 2021
  • 5,044 Views, 106 Comments

The Alternative - MASTERMIND360

  • ...
13
 106
 5,044

Begging

Author's Note:

Probably inspired by one of the scenes in another story, Sunset Among Shadows

Saturday had come, and Sunset couldn't help but relax. It was quite a horrid week so to speak, despite everyone now knowing the truth, but she doesn't want to think about it for a while and tries to keep her mind clear about recent events.

She's got a blueberry jam sandwich and a hot chocolate for breakfast. Snips and Snails were out for a bit but they promised they will be back soon, they just need to get some things at the store.

It was a good Saturday.

At this rate, she would finally relax and get peace of mind. She can just forget about her problems, concerns, homework, and other things that can get her stressed out. Life is too good for a time like this.

Just as she smiles, cherishing this peaceful moment, someone is knocking on the door. Snips and Snails must have returned with the snacks. She stood up from her couch and went to the door, when she opens the door, instead of the two boys she's been waiting for, it was someone she least expected to show.

Her smile turned upside down.

Rainbow Dash stood before her. The moment she met the rainbow haired's presence, Sunset's eyes immediately turned from peaceful to eyes of not of hate, but of anger and resentment. Rainbow uncharacteristic flinched at that, but she must see this through. Her nervousness reaches a new height but she constantly tells herself why she has to do this.

Twilight did tell her to focus on herself for her own sake but she didn't tell her what to do when the girls are bothering her

After a long bit of silence, Sunset broke the ice, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kick your ass out of my apartment?" She demanded in a cold, venom tone.

"Uh-Uh," Rainbow stammered. "Y-You s-see Sunset, I-I just want to say-"

"Save it," Sunset replied coldly. "I know what you're going to say, but I can't forgive you yet. Well, if you excuse me, I might as well head back inside." But as she closes the door, Rainbow quickly holds the door wide open with her might.

"Wait, Sunset!" Rainbow stopped her. "That's not just what I'm here for! It's something else!"

Sunset sighs in frustration, "Fine," she finally said, "Wait in the living room. I'll be making hot chocolate."

2 minutes later, Rainbow is sitting by the couch with the hot chocolate in her hands. She slowly sips some to warm her throat for the winter, Sunset is sitting by a soft armchair, a cup of hot chocolate in her hands as well. She stares coldly at Rainbow Dash as she takes a few sips of the hot chocolate.

"Well," Sunset started, she's getting impatient. "Spill it!"

Rainbow gulped as she gazes up from the cup to the fiery-haired girl, she started to get nervous again but the hot chocolate helped ease her nerves for a bit.

"Well," she started to explain. "Thanks for the hot chocolate Sunset," she meekly smiled at her.

Sunset narrowed her eyes, "That's it?"

Rainbow immediately shook her head, "No, it's just," Rainbow stopped herself and sighs, and then she continued. "It's hard to explain but you see.... about that day...."

Sunset narrowed her eyes hardly at Rainbow as she knows what she's talking about.

"I' wasn't thinking straight," Rainbow said, as she sip her hot chocolate. "I... I thought you were hurting everyone again... and I had to do something," she couldn't hold her tears anymore as she continued. "But I swear! I never expect them to go that far! I only expect them to beat you up a little, I thought you might have called someone to pick up...."

"Hiring 30 people to beat me up isn't considered too far?" Sunset questioned her, her voice is sounding angry.

Rainbow weakly shook her head, "No," she replied, sobbing. "I didn't think clearly. I-"

"No, you don't, you want to hurt me," Sunset interrupted her. "In fact, if it weren't for Anon A Miss, I wouldn't have seen it myself of what your truly capable of when you're angry."

Rainbow felt hurt by that, but she's right, in a way, "I suppose you can say," she replied as her tears fell on her cheeks. "Whatever I said about that other, may not excuse me of what I did to you," she put down her chocolate to the table and said, "Sunset, after everything that happened, I understand if you never forgive us. Even if you didn't do that for a year, or even longer than that, I don't deserve your forgiveness. You can hate us all if you want, it's fine, it's understandable. But Sunset, don't hate our sisters forever."

Sunset raised an eyebrow. "What about them?"

Rainbow sniffed, "I mean, they're the ones who start it all," Rainbow reminded her. "And we're so stupid enough to fell for it. You can despise us, but please, Sunset," she looked at Sunset into the eyes as she begged her. "Please don't hate them forever, they're just little kids."

"Little kids who made a terrible decision that should've been resolved in a civilized manner," Sunset finished, she can see the tears and sadness in Rainbow's eyes, it reminded her of herself when she's begging everyone when they all believed she was Anon A Miss. But should she care?

"Yeah, but their own actions hit them even harder than ours hit all of us," Rainbow cried as she knelt on her knees and looked up to Sunset, begging her former friend, begging the person whom she almost killed. "I called Applejack last night, asking her what's up, she said it's pretty bad because Apple Bloom was carrying apples while the blizzard grew strong."

When she told that to Sunset makes she froze in shock, last night there actually was a blizzard going on, at least she's got a roof over her head. But the thought of the little girl who started Anon A Miss carrying apples back to the house with the blizzard growing strong, she can't help but feel symphony for the girl who destroyed her, but she must not show it on the outside. She just stayed still.

"Applejack also told me that Rarity called," Rainbow continued as she wiped her tears. "She says that Sweetie Belle has been crying all week over what she did, she even refused to eat her food. What's even worse, she keeps having nightmares of what would happen if she joined Gilda and her associates in prison, that she would get beaten up, gang-raped, or even worse! Rarity had to wake up every night whenever her little screams, and to ease her discomfort!"

Sunset continued to listen to her, as much as she's angry at Rainbow and the girls for her misery. She can't help but feel terrible for them. Did she actually make the right call to be separated from them?

"What about Scootalo?" She asked Rainbow quietly, but the athlete heard her.

Rainbow sniffed again, "She..." she hesitantly explained. "She hasn't been herself lately. Not after how I exploded at her last week when we found out she's part of Anon A Miss. She's scared of me, despite that she tried to apologize to me a few days ago, I can see the fear in her eyes. Even when we hugged, I can even feel the fear she have of me. I wanted to forgive her, Sunset. But...." she stopped as more tears fell from her eyes again. "I can't. Not it's because I am mad at her, no, it's because it would make a typical hypocrite if I give her a chance and I couldn't give you one when you needed it. It makes me more of a horrible excuse of a friend than I already am..."

Sunset watched her sorrowly as Rainbow continued to cry. And this is exactly why she decided to spare Dash and the CMC from going to prison with Gilda. Sure, letting their guilt eat them alive is bad, but getting expelled, ending up in prison, and like what Sweetie Belle's nightmares said, the possibly getting killed, gang-raped, or even worse while sharing the cell with Gilda is even worse. She watched her former friend crying, she doesn't know what to make out of this. Yes, she's still angry but after hearing of what they've been through this week, Sunset wasn't sure what to do or say about this.

After one minute, she finally spoke, "Rainbow Dash," Sunset spoke, Rainbow looked up to see her instead of anger and resentment, more like remorse. "I don't.... know... what to say about this... I honestly don't know but I'm feeling really bad right now..."

Rainbow stood up, she places her hand on her shoulder and said, "You don't need to say anything else," she said as she wipes her tears. "It's okay if you hate us and never want anything to do with us again, unless if there was a problem with magic, but if you're ready, please forgive our sisters. They're really sorry...."

Sunset wiped some of her tears off of her eyes, "Let's... just finished with our hot chocolate, and then you can go."

Rainbow nodded, "Yeah, maybe we do that."

So after they finished their hot chocolate, Rainbow took off but not before giving one last look at Sunset with sad eyes. Sunset is no longer in her view when she closes the door, Rainbow lowered her head in shame as walks away. Back to her home.

Sunset sat back in her armchair and think again about Apple Bloom and her friends. They made a mistake, and they regretted it. She wished she could forgive them but she couldn't bring herself to, and she's not even ready to forgive her former friends yet. It's just too soon. She just needs time, that's all. She needs to think about it until she finally decides....