• Published 19th Jul 2021
  • 1,225 Views, 38 Comments

The Pony of Twilights - PandaisQd

  • ...
 38
 1,225

Pure

Author's Note:

Yeah - blatant TW first death warning. Viewer discretion is advised.
TW 2 mentions of suicide

It wasn't that long after Applebloom was born. An order to a swampy little town was sent and BrightMac was on the job.

"You sure you'll be alright, hon? it's a long journey, and-"

"I've taken the route once before, I'll be fine Buttercup."


BrightMac made his way along the route and eventually came across a rather hot area of the swamp.

"It sure is hot around here... It wasn't this hot last time..."
An unknown voice shot from somewhere Bright couldn't see.

"That's because last time you were here, we weren't"
Bright stopped in his steps. BrightMac always brought basic survival supplies with him, he grabbed out a rope.

"Who's there?"

"Who... Who... Who...?"
Each came from a different voice, causing Bright to back up a bit.

"Show yourself, I don't want any trouble, I just came to deliver pies..."

"Pie....? "Quiet, we don't eat pies...." "That'ssss right..."
A chimera popped out from the wilderness and caused Bright to stumble back.

"Wh-what are you-?!"

"Hungry...." The goat head said

"No, you idiot, we're a Chimera" replied the tigress head.

"Will you two ssssshut up, for oncccceee don't fucking argueeee." The snake tail shot out.

"If you're hungry... I could give up some pies?"

"We don't want pies..." The tigress head chuckled.
But before she could finish her sentence, Bright had booked it past them.

"Ohhhh, why do you have to monologue, I hate it when they run!" The goat head shouted.

"Sssshut up, just get him!"
The chimera was able to cut Bright off...
The empty cart and BrightMac's corpse were found three days later.


Cheerilee went silent. BigMac was fighting away the tears.

"BigMac..."

"My job is dangerous... Or- it can be, I don't want to have kids... only to have them lose me."

"How did your mother-"

"She didn't take it well... She continued on for about a year then... Granny discovered that she'd taken her own life."

"BigMac... I understand, I'm sorry for being insensitive."

"Cheers, you couldn't have known."

"If you're ready to leave the farm and move in with me... to start a family... then I think we're both ready."
The two nestled not noticing a shadowy figure dart by the school.


"Rarity, we have another order from Bolt Quakington, he loved your last arrangements!"

"That's... good to hear honey."
Coco walked up to Rarity and nuzzled her.

"I'm sure he just needs time to cool down, it's only been a couple of days."

"I know, it's just that - why did I always flirt in front of him when I knew he liked me..."

"We can't take back past mistakes, Rares, but we can improve ourselves and move on."

"... I suppose you're right, let's get to work on Bolt's orders!"

"I wonder why Bolt needs this unique shape..." Coco questioned.

"Darling, everyone knows he's a pony, his pictures are everywhere, but his shape is a mystery because of all his equipment. If this is it, then who am I to judge, ponies come in all shapes and sizes."

"Guess you're right dear."
But they didn't notice a shadowy figure dash by.


Discord wandered the streets thinking back to Applejack's and his own requited love stories... well, at the time, Applejack and Spike weren't as sneaky as they'd like to think.

"So, your thing for Fluttershy... when did it start?
Discord had to ponder that question for a bit. When did his friendship turn into thoughts of sweeping her off her feet and landing a tango kiss come to mind?

"If I'm being honest, Applejack, I'm not sure when that all came to light, it was gradual... but I know I'm out of her league, and her door swung at Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship herself."

"I don't think I was the same way," Applejack chuckled, "Right after Spike had saved my life, wooooh' were, was I smitten."

"Pfft... a former villain in love with the element of kindness herself..."

"Along with a stubborn farmpony in love with a smitten for another dragon."
They paused for a bit, just walking and talking before Applejack resumed the conversation.

"Guess we gotta move on though, don't we... they got their own love to give and it isn't for us..."

"I suppose you're right Applejack maybe it's time to -


"Woah there friend, maybe watch where you're going."
Discord looked up to see an earth pony, a dusty tan color, brown hooves, and a mane that was a dustier brown with some green stripes.

"Sorry...."

"I'm a she, I get that a lot, so no need to worry, Discord."

"Sorry, ma'am... I've just been lost in thought."
Discord thought about asking her how she knew who he was but that's a little frivolous ain't it, he was the former lord of Chaos after all.

"Don't worry, I'm sure we've all been there, Discord, hey... mind if we stop and get a little lunch, my treat."

"Oh... Ma'am I wouldn't want to trouble you."

"Psh, nah', it's fine. We can talk and you can get all of that stuff off your mind."
They started to walk to the cafe, sat down, ordered, and got their drinks. While they waited, the mysterious earth pony and Discord talked.

"So you have a crush on Fluttershy... Who has a crush on Twilight Sparkle, the PRINCESS of Friendship, who's dead..."
Discord nodded solemnly. The mysterious mare nodded her head sympathetically.

"Love can be a tricky bastard, especially if someone they love just passed, truly my condolences for the princess by the way."
They talked more about their situation and eventually, their food arrived.

"So, Discord, anything else going on?"

"Well, I was bunking with Fluttershy, as she took the death poorly and was just helping her out... But she grew concerned that I wasn't making new friends and kicked me out and told me to make some new friends..."

"Seems a bit harsh, doesn't it?"
The mare took a bite of her sandwich and a sip of her drink before continuing.

"I mean you were there taking care of her when she was unwell and she just booted you?"

"In all fairness, I'd been bunking there before and I assume she was just worried that I'd fade away if I'm not chaotic enough... and just... pure."
Discord snapped and some of his hay fries flew into his mouth. Just then, the waiter came back with the check as the mare let out a giggle at Discord's trick.

"Oh that's right, thank's for the meal, new friend." Discord paused, "If that's alright?"

"That's plenty fine, I sure enjoyed it, Discord."

"Oh, I never got your name, Ma'am"
The mare smiled as she pulled the bits out of her mane.

"The name's Tera Quakington."