• Published 19th Jul 2021
  • 1,221 Views, 38 Comments

The Pony of Twilights - PandaisQd

  • ...
 38
 1,221

Connect

Author's Note:

Fillagers and Coltagers are essentially teenagers
Shoutouts to the Dash Academy and my somewhat warped hopes that it'll return.

"Spike, could we talk about one more thing real quick-like?"
Applejack knew that this may be stupid in her tired, and weak state, but she knew that since she'd just let Spike carry her on his back like that, she had nothing less to lose.

"Yeah, sure what is it Applejack?"
Applejack blushed and looked down, took a deep breath, and looked up as thunder sounded and rain started to fall on them.

"I like you Spike."
Spike cocked his head to the side, confused.

"I like you too? We've been friends for years AJ-"
Applejack blushed out of love and anger, why did he have to be so god damn annoyingly adorable?!

"You dumbass, I LIKE you like you!"
Applejack said this a bit too loudly as Spike stared at her, rain was pouring on them at this point. Spike was about to respond when Applejack cut him off.

"Yer probably gon' ask how long, and it's been since the timberwolf incident Spike. You saved my life and despite it being cliche, it made me giddy like a little filly..."
Spike blushed and thought back on that day, he'd been so clumsy...

"But I couldn't say anything, because you were so in love with Rarity and I didn't wanna ruin the chance that one day she might treat you right, that one day she might get with you. I couldn't be the mare to ruin your happiness..."
Spike was stunned, he kept thinking about after Rarity his thoughts kept going back to... Applejack. Applejack was crying so hard on the inside, she couldn't let herself cry, not now while she felt so weak in front of Spike.

"It's driven me nuts... but I love you, Spike, I know ya just got rejected- or sumn why else would ya be h-"
Spike cut her off. "She's already got somepony..."

"Oh- Spike- I'm so sorry, she's probably with some stallion which hurt you more than ever and here my dumb ass is confessin to ya when it probably just rubs salt in th-"

"She got with a mare..." Spike said at a breaking point, "and it's fine AJ you've been holding this back for"

"It's not fine I'm bein selfish- and hold on a cotton pickin minute- a mare?"

"Yeah... kinda felt led on.."

"Oh damn it, Spike, I gone and made it worse..."
Applejack's face sulked and Spike blushed and looked down. Applejack was happy Rarity found herself, but she was constantly leading Spike on, she felt bad for making Spike worse and bad that Rarity found herself late in the game and didn't expect Spike there. It was all a mess and she felt she was making it worse.

"Don't worry that was my reaction too..."
The rain was pouring down but it didn't really even exist to the two.

"So, Spike, I understand that ya don' feel the same way and if it's too awkward you don't have to liv-"

"Applejack."
Applejack blushed and looked up at him, he may be on all fours now but he'd certainly gotten taller as well as slightly wider.

"Sugarcube I-"

"Let me finish, AJ."
They both blushed as they stared at each other in the rain.

"Ever since I found out Rarity was with Coco..."

"Her fashion friend that Rarity and I helped fix up the theatre revival?"

"Yeah, with her... I've constantly been thinking about the acres, Ponyville...., and you."
Applejacks eyes widened as she blushed even deeper.

"I think... what I'm saying is... despite everything you've been there for me. Since the beginning... it's been you and Twilight. Twilight's like a sister to me, and you-"
Applejack was really struggling against the tears now and both of them were blushing like crazy.

"Spike I-"

"What I'm trying to say... is... I love you too."
Applejack blushing and smiling like crazy. This was definitely worth the wait.

"Oh, Spike~"
Applejack couldn't hold back all the passion anymore. She was blushing like crazy, and she grabbed Spike gently by the neck and pulled him down for a kiss. Spike's eyes shot open but slowly shut and his claw found a way to her mane as he lowered himself to her height a bit more. Applejack's passion was unrelenting. This was at least four years of waiting, and it was worth it. Spike could feel the passion too and embraced it, her lips tasted of apples, but that's not really a surprise. The rain started pouring heavily, but they didn't care. It was just them in the kiss, they could let it hold as long as they wan-

"Oh-" "Mah-" "Luna-" Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo chimed in that order as they approached the farmhouse.
Applejack and Spike quickly released from the kiss and blushed and looked away from each other.

Applebloom smirked and approached the two "Well, hope we ain't interrupting anything sis~?"
Applejack gave her an annoyed glance. Out of all the times, she didn't try to break the 10:30 curfew, it had to be tonight? She always tried to break curfew!

"Applebloom." Applejack said, her teeth gritted, "Ah thought you'd try to break curfew again, what're ya doing here quarter of an hour early?"

"I was gonna get some snacks with the crusaders before I walked em home but it seems we walked in on some tea~ instead."
Applejack looked less than pleased as Sweetie Belle, with her own shit-eating grin on her face walked towards them.

"I thought you were going to Manehatten to ask out my sister~"
Spike gave her a glare that made her back down. "She has somepony else."

"Now Applebloom Buttercup Apple if ya don't mind could ya walk your friends home?" Applejack said with a clearly pissed off tone.
Now it was Scootaloo's turn to chime in. "But we were gonna have a snack here-"
Spike rolled his eyes. "Go have it at Sweetie's place then."

"But-" they all chimed in unison.
Applejack responded in an aggravated monotonous tone. "Take them home. Now."

The crusaders walked away downtrodden but then when they thought they couldn't hear them, they giggled and started running.

"Fillagers am I right Spi-"
Applejack blushed as Spike held her against the barn wall for another kiss and put his lips against hers and she immediately went into it. This connection they had what else could it be but love anymore, they both sunk into bliss and they had never been happier. They eventually after what felt like a second to them but was probably just a couple of minutes to everyone else, released and went inside to cuddle on her bed until they fell asleep.


Earlier that Morning

"Alright team, we have a meeting right now so let's get ready for it!" Spitfire shouted across the Wonderbolts grounds.

Rainbow, Thunderlane, Blossomforth, Fleetfoot, Soarin, Blaze, Silver Zoom, Surprise, Rapid Fire, High Winds, Rapid Fire, and Spitfire herself piled in the meeting room.

"Now first things first- we will have to do weather patrol for Ponyville later tonight as informed to me by Ms. Dash, as her team is picking up for the Crystal Empire as their team is busy with the Crystaling, correct?"

"Yes, Maam."

"Alright first things first, Blaze here has an announcement."

"Yes Maam, I've been in the Wonderbolts as long as Spitfire but I'm also older and time is taking its toll on me, and I have a wife at home, and we want to adopt and she has a job that makes more money so-"
Spitfire rolled her eyes "Yes I make more money dummy, now get on with it."
Blaze blushed furiously and stammered as they sat down.

"Now, we have a new member who was top of the reserve, a junior varsity stormball player, and was a lead pony at the Wonderbolts Academy, please welcome our newest recruit!"
Rainbow took a look at the new mare that walked in and immediately was staring her down. A sleek pink-toned mare with a short blue mane and tail and two blue glittery lightning bolts for her cutie mark. There was something about this mare that Rainbow didn't like and she didn't know why.

"Please state your name, newbie."

"Firefly Donner, Maam, it's a pleasure to meet you all, this has been my dream since Cloudsdale Flight Academy."

Blossomforth gave Rainbow a playful nudge "Hey isn't that the one you got kicked out o-"
Rainbow gave her a quick glare and she quit while she was ahead.

"I hope we all can be good friends and I can't believe I'm finally here. With all that I've imagined, the reality of this is sure to make this-"
Rainbow had heard this before. It's very similar to what Twilight said that night so before Rainbow said something she'd regret she excused herself causing a worrisome look from Surprise and Blossomforth who quickly followed her out."

"Did I say something wrong?"
Nobody had an answer for her and Spitfire just resumed the meeting.


"Dash, wait!" Surprise said barreling after her.

"What is it Surprise." Rainbow looked back at her, tears in her eyes.

"You know we became closer after I replaced Misty Fly after she retired, we know what's going on." Blossomforth said looking worrisome for her friend.

Rainbow had become close with Blossomforth and Surprise bunking with them at Wonderbolts on overnight stays or performances. Flare was their other cabinmate, but she just retired.

"What she said reminded you of-" Blossomforth was cut off.

"It didn't remind me of anything, Blossomforth!"
They were all taken aback by this. But Rainbow chimed in with a loud yet quiet

"Sorry for yelling... but please give me some time alone."
They watched as Rainbow flew to the dorms sighed and went back to the meeting.

"I'm worried for her, Surprise..."

"Me too, Blossom, me too..."


Fluttershy was in her cabin when Discord popped up with the apples, right around the time of Rainbow bailing on the meeting.

"I got you those apples Fluttershy."
She slowly got up from the couch as Angel hopped off of her.

"Thanks, Discord."

"No problem and I need to talk to you about something."

"After I feed the animals we can tal-"

"Fluttershy I think I like you like you."

"Wh-" he cut her off.

"But I know you can't feel the same way as your door doesn't swing towards me does it Flutters..."

"... It can swing both ways Discord, but it doesn't swing towards you... where did this stem from-"
Discord let out a heavy sigh.

"I've been hiding this for years and after a talk with a friend I knew I needed to tell you otherwise in the future I'd be hurting not only myself... but you."
Fluttershy was taken aback, she knew she had a good connection with Discord but never saw this in him.

"Thanks... for telling me Discord, if you ever need to just talk as a friend I'm not leaving here anytime soon."
Fluttershy laughed for the first time in a month. Discord smiled and went into the kitchen to put away the apples along with a few other groceries.


Stygian sighed as he studied the books throughout the Crystal Library. Of course, there wasn't much on the pony of shadows, as it was passed off as a ghost story, and even made appearances in old shows like Red Sorena, and lot's of times it was metaphorical.

"Hey Stygian, how's the categorizing the scrolls been holding you up?"
Stygian flinched as Sunburst walked into the room, he hadn't gotten many done today before reveling into possible books on The Pony of Shadows, he couldn't find a connection.

"The scrolls have been confusing..."

"Well you did well yesterday, I'm sure you'll fully catch on soon."
Stygian sighed and tried to get back into scrolls as Sunburst walked out.


The Pony of Twilights continued to walk around in the void, each plan or any remote idea she had she gained bigger, at this point, it was hard to recognize Twilight's shape, you could probably pick up on it if they were a close friend. But Twilight didn't have those anymore, they had their own lives... without her. She thought her connection with them was strong, but it all shattered like glass in an instance This thought caused the "Twilight" around Twilight to expand around her. She was barely recognizable as the Twilight deep inside screamed and pinkish smoked poured out of her eyes.

"I will see you all again, mark my words."