• Published 19th Jul 2021
  • 1,220 Views, 38 Comments

The Pony of Twilights - PandaisQd

  • ...
 38
 1,220

Will

It was late that day, Spike and Applejack had been hard at work with a will to finish despite everything. Spike started slow but eventually got into the hang of it. Spike being hurt the most, ironically, had the most will to go on in fact. Maybe this should’ve been the excuse for Spike to snap, finally to just go back and be a ruthless dragon or just not do anything. No one would question it after a loss that severe.

“And,” Applejack paused to buck the tree, causing the apples to fall suit in the bucket. “That’s it for the trees!”
Spike slumped against the tree in relief, the work was extra hard today for some reason. Applejack relaxed kind of near him.

“Great work t’day Spike, you really kept at it despite the work bein a little bit extra.”
Spike just playfully rolled his eyes, Applejack really didn’t know the difference between a little and a might bit, did she? Spike blushed and just gave her a playful punch on the arm.

“Yea, sure, a “little” Applejack, my legs ache so much I don’t know if dinner and a bubble bath will help.”
Applejack blushed and chuckled, he’d gotten so strong lately, and she’d be lying if she said she hadn’t noticed the muscles he’s grown, a real will to get stronger physically as well, that even kinda hurt.

“Now don’t go punching me loverboy, you know the kinda work it entails~”
Spike couldn’t help but giggle like a foal. Despite all, that’s happened, and the emotions being rough. Some of the best moments have been with Applejack. But he missed Rarity, that beautiful mare he loved, even if she didn’t really recept it...

“Hey Applejack, I know the workload is heavy right now but I’ve been thinking about something...”
Applejack looked at him and blushed, he must be thinking about Rarity, she knows him all too well. She sighed, would she ever get a chance? But acted aloof as to not hurt his feelings.

“We finished work for today so of course we can have dinner now you can discuss whatever ya need with me there.”
Spike sighed, he had to do this now. He needed to. Spike got up and extended a claw to help Applejack up. She took it, and he accidentally pulled her a bit- too close. They quickly split apart blushing like crazy.

"Applejack, really, I need to say this now."
Applejack cringed, she knew what was coming. He wanted to quit or something she was gonna lose her chance, but she didn't want to force it onto Spike, he'd still be in Ponyvi-"

"I'm taking the weekend to go to Manehatten to confess to Rarity."
Applejack froze in place. If she said yes, Spike would probably move out, she'd lose her chance. But she couldn't hurt Spike- so she lied, would overwork herself.... again.

"Alright, that's fine by me, as long as it's jus' fer the weekend."

"Thank you so much, AJ, I promise I'll be back right after the weekend!"


“Hey Coco, I feel really rested now, I think you were right that was just what I needed, and that’s why you’re my best assistant ever.”
Coco blushed, she was so happy to have a boss like Rarity, and an easy job and housing. It was really nice having someone to talk to, she was mostly absorbed in her own work, alone, every day.

"To be fair you slept an entire day-" Coco replied "It's barely 7 am the next da- er Uhm... today"
Rarity stifled a laugh and then blushed, she never stifled- could she like Coco? No. That's too fast, like some cringy fanfiction written by a near 19-year-old colt. Either way, she was straight, right?

"Rarity? You're kinda dazing off-"
Rarity jumped a bit, "Wait did you say, WHOLE DAY?" Rarity scrambled in looking for something, "A stallion by the name of Bolt Quakington had a suit scheduled for delivery 12 hours ago- by god I can't believe I fo-"

Coco but in "Don't worry, had that delivered right on time and finished stitching the last couple of stitches on it for you, I know he's some high-end Crystal Empire client, so I made sure to do it for-"
Coco was rambling on for a bit but Rarity kind of got lost in her eyes, were they always that shimmery?
Rarity had never felt like this sure she knew Spike liked her but that was... weird to her. She's also flirted with many-a-stallion but it never felt like this. But she was... is straight.... right?

"RARITY!"
Rarity jumped, again

"You keep spacing out, you sure you're ok?"
Rarity blushed, she was so pretty, caring, and kind. Generous too albeit...
Coco blushed looking at Rarity, it was kind of off for the likes of her, being so jumpy but it was.... cute.

"So um- Coco now that we don't have much work to be done..."
Coco sighed, she knew Rarity was making up fake work for herself but why the sudden change?

"Why don't we go out to a nice place to celebrate a month's work!"
Rarity blushed, she didn't intend for it to be so loud... She looked to see Coco's eyes sparkling also in a blush.

"I-I'd love to Rarity..."


Location: unknown

A voice "Hello? Anypony?"
The sound of a horn lighting came up to reveal Twilight Sparkle, still alive.

"Is anypony there?!"
Her voice echoed in her own head, it felt like.... an unknown about of time since her sacrifice. She knew what she was getting into, yet why was she calling out for somepony.

"Hmmm, how sad." The darkness called out to her.
The shadows were constantly calling to her, she's been ignoring it. But it keeps getting louder.

"Your so-called friends and even your so-called civilians of your town haven't come to save the Princess of friendship~."

"They haven't come yet, but they will! I know my friends and they"
The darkness metaphorically rolled its eyes at her.

"They'll come to what? save you~" The darkness chuckled, "It's been 31 days, I bet they've given up on searching, you only have so many books in that library to search, and you're all important ponies with duties and lives~"
Twilight kept shaking her head and trying to shake the voice off.

"They'll get to it- I know my friends!"

"Do you, Princess, do you?"
Twilight was caught aback by another retort, that's happened at least once a day after the first week. She needed to stay strong. She had the will.

"I can show you Twilight Sparkle, if you come a little closer~"
Twilight was taken aback.

"You can show me... my friends?"


"Ms. Dash about the clou-"
Rainbow was nodding off during the meeting but mildly paying attention. She was a Wonderbolt and still manager of the weather. She couldn't ditch one for the other that would break her loyalty.

"Ms. Dash"

"Oh uh- sorry Clear Skies... put the clouds east of Everfree and make sure to get the slight wind going with Open Skies and Sunshower"

"Right on Ms. Dash!"
Rainbow sighed, why was she dozing off? This wasn't like her. Dozing off?! She's Rainbow Dash for crying out loud!
Rainbow got up and sighed with a tired glance at the schedule... She still had an hour before she had Wonderbolts work, she needed to have the will to keep trucking on. It's what Twi would want... Her to move on.

"Forget it Dash, she wouldn't want you to sacrifice your life for this, I'll tell the Wonderbolts I can't make it and take today for me"

"..."
Things slowly fade around Rainbow and the background reveals to be the shadowy void encasing her, Twilight slumping a bit in defeat.

"See your most "loyal" compadre has given up on you~"

Twilight stuttered out a response "H-how do I k-know you aren't making up some sort of illusion?"

"Illusion? oh no no Princess~" The emptiness chuckled back at her "I'm just using a spell to show you these things, similar to that potion Zecora gave you... but in modern times."

"You can still use magic here do it for yourself for that "Pink"ie Pie, or maybe Rarity, maybe Starlight~"
Twilight stepped back, everything was somehow getting to her.

"That is unless you're worried you've failed as a teacher, and she's given up~"
Twilight sweat heavily at this, she trusted Starlight, but there was always a worry she might....

"I'll perform the spell for all three of them- I'll show you!"
Twilight used the spell to show Pinkie Pie, almost as grey as her sisters, digging away slowly at rocks. Her mane was deflated.

"Twilight." she hit another rock half heartedly "gone..."
Twilight tried to shake this off- this was Pinkie Pie, she got similar to this when we simply avoided her for a day. She switched over to Rarity...

"Oh Coco, I know you'll love the dessert here darling, it's to die for"

"I've never seen this place before, and the decor is sure new to me, gives a fun festive vibe-"
Twilight smirked a little, Rarity was with Coco probably on a business meeting or friend hangout, this meant nothing!

"Dont get too cocky yet Twilight Flopple"

"Yes, The Tasty Treat has a place in Canterlot but opened up another place here with the popularity it's been getting!"
Coco and Rarity blushed as their hooves brushed each other as the plate of spiced carrot cake was set down. Twilight finally got the gears turning. The shadows gave a chuckle to her as she peiced it out

"Even if they're on a date that doesn't mean-"

Rarity fed Coco a piece of the spiced cake kind of on accident causing them to blush furiously.
Twilight never wanted to hear what she heard next and felt the shadow get closer....

"Coco you've made forgetting things so easy- I can't thank you enough darling"

"Th-thank me? It's been so nice having you here and living with you working with you- I'm normally alone"

"But ever since Twilight sacrificed herself- I haven't been able to-"

"I'll never know what that's like, we all miss her bu-"
Rarity knew this was a tough situation for others to talk about- nopony wanted to seem insensitive. She so much appreciated her, for somepony else, this may seem fast, but she's known Coco a while. Only living together for a month may seem to be too little, but this was the happiest either of them had been in quite a while. Twilight just stared down. Rainbow was drowning herself in work and, while she'd never want her mentality to be affected, but just trying to..... forget it and move on? Rarity also wanted to... forget. Then there was Pinkie... who looked practically dead.

"N-no..."
She saw Applejack in a constant state of overworking, anxiety, and a blushing mess, Spike packing bags and nervously preparing himself for... something about Rarity she presumed, Fluttershy shutting herself in. That left one pony she knew she could rely on. Starlight Glimmer. Twilight cast the spell, using all of her will to see her studying. But in the crystal castle she saw half the books read on the floor, and Trixie just sleeping. All fine and dandy sure, but right next to her was... Trixie. Albeit, it looked friendly, rather than anything... raunchy. Twilight didn't know why this bugged her.

"B-but- that's like a weeks work for me- and Starlight is-"
The shadows smiled as Twilight finally fell to the ground, defeated. The shadow smirked as it had her off guard, and went right in. Twilight was taken aback and tried to fight it.

"N-no... I still have to have faith"

"Not even if I can help you out of the portal~?"

"Y-you c-an do that?" Twilight looked up, smoke filling up her eyes.
The shadow took this opportunity to overtake Twilight.

"N-no...."
The shadows around her turned a magenta and purple color as Twilight screamed in agony

"EYAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
The shadows finished as Twilight fell to the ground, inside the darkness, which was now a pinkish color as the smoke came out her eyes.

"No longer am I the Pony of Shadows but the Pony of Twilights... I will enact my revenge on those who have left me!"
Twilight slumped as it came out of her head, she really believed it this time, her friends were separated, and the one that was working on it was taking an apparent great and powerful friendship cuddle.

"Some thing friendship turned out being..."
Twilight had lost her will.

Author's Note:

It may seem like things are moving too fast for certain characters.
But I think
Spike would be the one bold enough to take a weekend just to ask Rarity out
Rarity would want to get into a relationship quickly just based on how she first, she may be doubting her sexuality, but more on that in a later chapter.
With how Twilight has been with emotions, even in the series finale, I feel like would get emotionally quickly, thus allowing the smoke to overtake her.