• Published 19th Jul 2021
  • 1,222 Views, 38 Comments

The Pony of Twilights - PandaisQd

  • ...
 38
 1,222

Pieces.

Author's Note:

I recommend reading the chapter first before seeing the titles of the songs. I need this at the top so you know what is a song and what isn't. Much love~

In the song, written by me, "Death of a Princess" - means the note is held and ** means everypony is singing. It will remain like this format for any future songs.

The shorter song "Betrayals" also written by myself starts and ends at *** aswell.

The Elements of Harmony were in pieces. Nopony knew why this split them up, after everything, every lesson, something they should be together for... broke them. The Pillars also split, much to the surprise of the princesses. Star Swirl felt all the guilt. He was supposed to be a renowned obscure wizard but instead, he royally fucked up.
As he sighed looking through the books and letters from Somnambula, the one who tried to keep in touch with everypony.
***

"All this time we couldn't have been more wrong (more wrong), we ditched our friend who'd helped us for so long (so long) Now we have to make amends for the death of a princess, we must try our best to find a way to make it all okay- get over my unfortunate ruining of the balance of sorcery and harmony-"
Somnambula was writing the last letter to Stygian. She sighed tapping her pencil to her head.

"The death of a princess, has taken its toll, All the mane groups split, out of control. I need to fix it all, I must keep my hope. I need to try and help my friends cope- it's not over yet, despite the death of our dear and beloved Princess-"
Rockhoof was at his original homeland, which had since been restored. Telling stories, but his most recent one sounded more somber.

"Now ponies I have a somber tale, of which the pillars were at fault, we're not flawless, we're work in progress, but this mistake is why we're here to repent. I don't expect forgiveness, the banishment of Stygian, and the death of a princess at our feet- If we had the strength to trust, we would've never had to build Twilight's bust-"
Flash Magnus was on duty as he started to move to his next position.

"The death of a princess is knocking at my door, as a brave loyal knight to the sun, I feel bad for that gore. I was supposed to protect but only brought harm to my country, the fact I'm being let serve her is kinda wonky, but I need to make it up to Equestria, let the patriotism win through, yes! Despite the death of a princess..."

Meadowbrooke was making potions with Cattail and she was singing to him.

"I feel bad Cattail, I'm supposed to be a healer, but instead I listened to an old coot and became a banisher. I need to ignore the pillars, that's now in my past, even though a gut feeling is telling me it won't last- for now, I'll heal everyone I can, make amends for what h- we did, bury hi- our actions causing the death of a princess in the sand-"
Mistmane was at her old village, which was, unfortunately, now just ruins.

"I showed everyone inner beauty and peace, but when it came to it I may have been the ugliest piece. Had to learn the lesson I taught my friend, now it's all gone, end to end, death of a princess. I'm not sure how I'll grow flowers in this mess of a state, I fear we'll soon be brought back together, only for a horrid fate-"
Stygian was rummaging book after book with Sunset at his, Sunset's hometown, just in case Starlight or Cadence missed any.

"After 1000 years of darkness I should be glad to be back, but how can I be when me rejoining this world left someone else in the black. I'd like to blame that old hag Starswirl, but he's not the only one to blame. I was selfish, I wanted fame. But the people I cared about most made me feel shame. I don't know what to do, honestly, I'd rather the shadow had kept me, rather than the death of a princess, causing this disruption of harmony-"
**"The death of a princess- that's on me-"
***
They all sigh, getting back to their lives.


With BigMac still on deliveries and the crusaders all doing farm work to make up for multiple broken curfews, as suggested by Scootaloo's aunts and Sweetie's parents. Applejack and Spike wanted the day off, after last night's emotional rollercoaster all they wanted to do, surprisingly for Ms.Workaholic, is just cuddle and relax on the couch. After all, the two were now "a thing" according to Applebloom.

"So are you sure it was only after I saved you from the Timberwolves~"
Spike was teasing her as he stroked her mane softly in his claws. Applejack rolled her eyes in response as she felt the claws stride through her mane.

"Pfft, please, you were so head over heels for Rarity and so immature I sometimes wanted to buck ya upside the head and knock some sense into you."

"Nah. I'm sure it was my dragonly charm~"
Applejack let out a stifled laugh and took a pillow in her mouth and smacked him with it, causing him to fall off the bed. Her thoughts strew to that first slumber party with Rarity and Twilight.

"Spike I hate to kill our good vibes but have you been doin alraht'?"

"What do you mean, AJ, other than the pillow you bonked me with, I'm fine."
Applejack helped him back up and onto the bed and held him tight.

"Sugarcube, you jus' had Rarity dump ya and-"
Spike held her head as he looked her into her emerald green eyes.

"Yes but even if it was just last night- Now I have you AJ."
Spike gave her a quick kiss on the lips causing her to blush a little.

"I'm glad to have ya too Spike but I'm talking about Twilight... you two were close, brother and sister essentially."
Spike went silent and looked down, he knew Applejack was caring and he was very close with Twilight but he hadn't really... talked about it. He looked back up at the orange earthpony and saw worry.

"It's been not the best..." Spike let out with a sigh. Applejack pulled him into her embrace. Spike felt warm as if she could feel the fire in his belly. Spike looked down at her. She also felt warm, her coat was smooth and had a nice apple scent to it, again, not surprising. Spike smiled at her.

"But it's been better with you~"
Applejack blushed a deep red and nearly let some joy tears escape.

"Spike I'm glad I could make things better for ya."
The two leaned in for a kiss when they heard a voice.

"What in tarnation is going on in here?!"
They turned to see Granny Smith, furious.


Rainbow had to apologize to everypony as per deman- er request of Spitfire. Her outburst had reason but was still uncalled for. She had to especially apologize to Firefly for setting a bad example. Spitfire shoved Rainbow into Firefly

"Since you're dorming with her anyways- why don't you show Firefly to her room, Crash?"

"Sure, Shitfire." Rainbow retorted.
That got a glare from Spitfire and stifled laughs across the room. Spitfire had only whispered it to Dash but everypony could guess what it was, and lots of ponies knew being with her all this time.

"Alright then let's go Firefly-"

"R-right then Ms.Dash"
Rainbow rolled her eyes. This formality stuff. "Please, we're team members now. Call me Rainbow."

"Alright... Miss Da- I mean- Rainbow."

"This way Firefly..."
They flew over to the dorm room and she helped Firefly unpack. Firefly the day before, had gone back home as she needed to grab a few more things and spent one last night there with her family.

"Just remember it's Dorm 20," Rainbow said as she helped hoof some things to Firefly.

"Room 20 got it..."
They were both in silence for a bit. Till Firefly finally spoke up

"Did I... say something wrong yesterday?"
Rainbow froze in place. This was the last thing she wanted to talk about.

"No."
She cringed at how flatly and annoyed that came out.

"Rainbow. You need to tell me if I did anything wrong, so I can fix it. You don't have to hide your feelings from me-"
Rainbow's temper was rising. Why was she such like Twilight? It was ridiculous!

"You. Said. Nothing. Wrong."
Firefly decided not to push her luck but the harshness kind of got to Firefly. If she did nothing wrong, then what was the damn issue?

"Look, if we're going to be dormmates maybe treating me better would be a start."
Firefly shoved the last item of hers in Rainbow's hooves and stormed off.

"Fucking hell..." Rainbow groaned.
This was going swimingly. Rainbow thought to herself as she put away the last of Firefly's goods.


Pinkie Pie, resuming from where she heard that strangers voice, turned to see none other than Cheese Sandwich.

"Pinkie Pie, I hear you're in desperate need of a party."
Pinkie's ears slightly perked up as she turned around to see Cheese, talking in his serious voice but in his normal yellow polo shirt. But instead of a smile, or a normal "serious look" Pinkie saw pure worry from her friend from far.
For the first time in a while, Maud could genuinely hear some emotion in Pinkie's voice.

"What are you doing here, Cheese?"

"Maud told me everything, of course I had heard about Twilights sacrifice... but I didn't know it had affected you this badly..."

"Well I thank ya for stopping by but there's not much you can do to cheer me up..."
She slumped her head back down.

"Not even a party to honor Twilight?"
Pinkie slowly perked up again, a bit confused.

"What do you mean...?"

"Pinkie, I'm a party pony, and sometimes not all parties are for the happiest of tales. I'm more of an event pony nowadays..."
Maud slowly smiled as she saw color go back into Pinkie.

"Parties can be... sad?"

"While not technically parties, some consider them partying for someones life, rather than be sad about it they were happy they were alive."

"That's reeally nice of you Cheese. I think that's what Twilight would've wanted."


Pinkies voice distorts and fades as the frustrated Pony of Twilights looks away from the distorting view of her life.

"No... I want people to remember me fondly but now isn't a time to celebrate a liFE THAT'S NOT LOST!"
Her inner talking slowly faded into crying out.

"They think I'm so gone.... They just have to move on... Stygian didn't die why would I.... then again they can't live thousands of years like m- NO! This is just an excuse for them to not deal with me, they secretly all aren't upset at all!"
***

"They don't care- no they don't give a damn anymore. Call this a quick downfall- but they're all acting as if they need to move on from this call to heed my slowly burning wick-. Betrayals are inevitable, they've basically done it to me. Say it's my choice, sure go ahead, but then why do I need to give an apology-? You'd think more than one would give two shits to try and help me. Betrayals always happen no elements can keep that bound if one is unlinked from the chain, but then shouldn't they try to reconnect and solve that pain-. Betrayals... Are the reason you need to escape and show them all the true power of Twilight.-."
***


Somnambula had received responses from everypony. Most of them were kind but they were all essentially a message to her that they needed to enjoy the life they had now and they needed to move on. Somnambula pondered to herself on this. Was it ok to move on? Do they need to wait like the elements did? Somnambula had an idea and immediately sent new letters to Stygian, Starswirl, and Starlight. In Starswirl's letter he had mentioned the three of them going through spells. If one of them still had the same spell possibly they could get the princess back. She quickly got them into her mail slot, as she did not have a magical fire portal dragon, and just had to wait. Unicorns could easily teleport the message to her, as for pegasi and earth ponies it was typically snail mail, but even then it arrived pretty quickly.


Starlight and Trixie had at this point felt like gone through every book, some sent back by Starswirl and Stygian and Sunburst with highlighted notes on the possibilities of combo spells. But none of those seemed to match what she'd think would work. Especially now that they lack an element bearer.

"I know you didn't have the best relationship with her Trixie, so I thank you for helping me."

"Trixie was a bit of a cocky arrogant bitch to the six and then that damn alicorn amulet, it took over Trixie's mind!"
Starlight put a hoof on Trixie, causing a blush from them both.

"And I say you've more than helped make up for it."


The Pony of Twilights rolled her eyes.

"Bullshonkey."


"I guess, but every now and then Trixie looks back on herself and sometimes wonders what made me so jealous, Twilight was a magician, all Trixie is is a dumb illusionist...."
Starlight held Trixie close to her face

"Hey, I will not hear that slander! Don't talk about yourself that way."
They both realized how close they were and scuttered out of the embrace and went back to put together some possible magic pieces. Everypony missed Twilight together and had different ways of coping, and their minds were left in pieces.