• Published 16th Jul 2021
  • 8,741 Views, 2,844 Comments

Welcome to the jungle - Hiver



Page has some problems. Some are large with larger teeth. Some have sharp claws. Some have wings. Most are ponies. Sometimes being an alicorn is simply not worth the perks of the job, no matter how nice.

  • ...
20
 2,844
 8,741

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 46

I opened my eyes and found myself looking into Sunsets green eyes, “Hey.”

“Hey,” she murmured and then stretched, “Time to get up?”

“Think so,” I admitted with a small sigh, “Sun’s up.”

Sunset yawned and rolled onto her stomach, stretching before relaxing again, “What time were the talks continuing?”

“After lunch,” I said and shifted my wings and glanced back, seeing Twilight still deep asleep on the other side of me.

She had still been up by the time I went to bed and so had Sunset. I turned and looked to Sunset, “...When did you two get to bed yesterday?”

“After midnight,” Sunset admitted and scooted close, my wing settling across her back, “Twi has some things for you before the next meeting.”

I nodded and held her closer, touching my horn to hers, “What did you get up to yesterday?”

“Lord Aether was kind enough to arrange a tour of the city and the local guard,” Sunset murmured, “It was interesting. I think Midnight would like to look at their siege weapons.”

“Taking notes?”

“Mhmm,” she agreed and then groaned, pulling away and flicking her ears, shaking her head, “Don’t do that!”

“Do what?” I asked with a smile.

“Making me go to fall back asleep,” Sunset protested and then raised her head with a small yawn before she scooted and jumped off the bed, stretching again, “I’m going for a run.”

“You do that,” I agreed, watching her lazily. Mmm. Watching Sunset stretch was one of my favorite activities.

Sunset hesitated before she smiled and turned to look towards me and the still sleeping purple alicorn, “Actually, we all are.”

“Uhm… what?”


#########


“I blame... you,” Sparks managed to say, breathing hard as she leaned against my side.

“How… is this… my fault?” I managed to answer as I panted for breath.

“Oh come on,” Sunset said, her breathing just slightly heavy as she waited for us to catch up on the path around the large fortress, “I know both of you have run longer before.”

“You gave her the idea!” Sparks protested and then glowered at Sunset, “I was sleeping peacefully! I was having a very nice dream!”

Sunset smiled and moved up to touch her horn to Sparks, “You did want to get back more into shape.”

Sparks glared at her before she sighed and gave her a small kiss before looking at me, “Still blame you.”

I stuck my tongue out at her and then looked at Sunset, “The fact that you’re handling this better than we do without even being an Alicorn is completely unfair.”

We had both pegasi/thestral and earth pony aspects on our side! Sunset being in better shape than both of us as an unicorn was completely unfair.

“I’m the one that doesn't sit around in meetings or in a library all day,” Sunset teased with a small grin, “So? Are we going to keep doing this?”

Sparks groaned, her head against my shoulder for a long moment before she sighed and raised her head, nodding, “...Yes, or something like it,” she said and then looked at me, “We both are.”

“We are,” I gave in after a couple of moments of insistent looks from both of them, “And flying and such too.”

Sunset nodded, satisfied for the moment before she turned away, “Come on, let’s head back. I’m hungry,” before she headed off again at a gallop.

I shared a look with Sparks, “She needs a good tickling.”

“I can provide the feathers,” Twilight agreed, shooting a small glare after the unicorn before she sighed, “Come on,” and then galopped after her. I quickly moved to try to catch up.

The last part was the worst one. A two hundred meter ramp up to the entrance.

By the time we reached the end, I had caught up to Twilight but we were all breathing heavily, all of us intensely sweaty.

“Maybe… baths first…” Sparks gasped softly, slowly trotting in a circle to cool down. I copied her, nodding, “get… revenge… there.”

“D-definitely.”

Sunset nodded in agreement, breathing heavily before she smiled at us, “Good job, you two.”

“Evil unicorn,” I grumbled and stretched my wings.

She grinned, “Damn right,” and moved up between us, giving us each a quick nuzzle, “Come on, let’s get that bath. You two have a meeting in a couple of hours.”

Sparks nodded and we headed inside, “So what are your plans for today?” she asked, looking at Sunset.

Sunny shrugged, “Actually don’t have any yet. But Captain Ragegore did invite me to observe the royal guard training, so I’m thinking that?”

“You’re really getting into that sort of thing, aren’t you?” I asked, “Quite a leap from magical studies with Celestia.”

Sunset flicked one ear in thought before she shook her head, “Actually, not sure it is,” she answered, “I like to think that it’s the same thing, but more on the practical side of things. It’s still theory, often still magic, but it also has an immediate practical effect. Like when I practice with Tempest… it reminds me a bit what actually got me into magic in the first place. That feeling of power when you cast those spells… it’s not something we really do anymore with day to day magic,” she said and looked at Twilight.

Twilight nodded in agreement, “I definitely get what you mean,” she said, “Magical theory is fun, but there is something special with actually casting spells.”

“It’s not just magic either, “Sunset said with a smile, “It’s actually doing things, not just thinking about how to do them. I like it.”

PreviousChapters Next