• Published 16th Jul 2021
  • 8,738 Views, 2,844 Comments

Welcome to the jungle - Hiver



Page has some problems. Some are large with larger teeth. Some have sharp claws. Some have wings. Most are ponies. Sometimes being an alicorn is simply not worth the perks of the job, no matter how nice.

  • ...
20
 2,844
 8,738

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 65

I pulled my thick and warm cloak tighter around myself in preparation of the door opening. Because we had just docked with the royal airship docking towed in Canterlot and outside the snow was whirling.

Cold outside.

Putting a heating spell over myself, I then smiled at Iron Shine, “I suppose you don’t want a heating spell?”

“No thank you, sir, I’m all good,” She answered cheerfully, the large mare almost seeming to look forward to the idea of icy cold.

I tried not to shudder at that idea before I frowned and looked at her, “Shine, Nocturnis isn’t too hot for you, is it?”

Iron Shine shook her head, “It’s on the warm side, sir, but during the night it’s fine. I have imported some cooling crystals for my bedroom for the day.”

“And you handed over the receipt for those for reimbursement, right?” I asked, “Because that sort of thing is reimbursable.”

“...Not yet, sir.”

“Make sure to do that,” I told her seriously.

“Ready?” Sparks asked as she walked into the room, Sunset trailing behind her while adjusting her own cloak.

I nodded, “Ready,” I agreed before I moved to the side, allowing Moon Glow and her guards to take up positions to file out of the airship.

Moon Glow looked over at me. I pulled my cloak a bit tighter around myself and gave her a nod. She motioned and a guardsmare hit a button, causing the door to open to reveal the ramp already lowered. A honorguard of solar guards were already standing ready outside on each side of the path inside.

Moon Glow and the rest trotted out in formation, peeling off and moving into alternating positions with the solar guards, easily slipping into the open spaces in their formation.

Giving them a few moments to get ready, I glanced back at Sparks and Sunny. Twilight moved up next to me, kissed my cheek before she nodded.

I smiled at her and then started to walk out into the sunlight as she joined up next to me, Sunset moving up on her other side, trailing half a step behind hers.

I had argued that it was dumb to keep to positions like that, but Sunset were adamant that we do it the propper way.

Crossing the distance to the inside, a pair of guards opened the doors to allow us inside. The door had just closed behind us when the attack came.

A pink blur passed my vision and bowled Twilight over. I stumbled and reared up, looking around before I sighed and let my magic fade from my horn when I found that the attacking force consisted of a pink and very bouncy pony followed by three other mares.

“Twilight!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed and hugged the alicorn tightly while pinning her to the ground.

“Pinkie!” Twilight exclaimed before she hugged back, “What are you do-” she started before she spotted the rest.

“We got a message from Princess Luna yesterday,” Rarity explained as Pinkie let Twilight up to sit and hugged her as well, “Inviting us to Canterlot for when you returned.”

“Yeah!” Rainbow exclaimed with a grin and dropped down onto her hooves, landing next to them, “Like we wouldn’t come as soon as we found out.”

“Darn right!” Applejack agreed and hugged the alicorn tightly, pulling Rainbow into the group hug.

Twilight looked towards me and I winked at her.

She sniffed and then hugged them tightly, pressing her face against Pinkie's fluffy mane.

“You did very good, Wingboy,” Sunset whispered into my ear with a smile.

I smiled at her, “Wasn’t all my idea.”

She smiled back and led me over towards the hug. Twilight looked up and hugged Applejack tightly for a moment before slowly letting go, “We need to report to Princess Celestia,” she said and dropped her hooves back to the floor.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll talk to her,” I said with a smile, “Just spend some time with your friends,” before I looked at Sunset, “Why don’t you join them, I can handle Sunshine on my own.”

Sunset whispered, “You are getting so lucky tonight,” into my ear and I did my best not to blush or grin too widely before she moved to give Twilight a kiss on the cheek.

“Are you sure?” Twilight asked me with a small frown, “I really should-”

“Nothing,” I told her firmly, “You have worked so hard for years, just take a week off and have fun. I’ll handle things.”


“But you-”

“Are going to do the same thing as soon as I have discussed the griffons with Celestia,” I said and moved up to touch my horn against hers, “See you two tonight?”

Twilight nodded before she got up and kissed me hard enough that I had to take a step back to avoid sitting down to the cheer from Rainbow Dash, “See you tonight,” she said softly after pulling back.

Nodding, I pulled back, “Have fun,” and then headed towards the exit. A heated carriage was waiting outside and when a guard opened the door to allow me inside, I spotted a pony I wasn’t expecting.

“Grey Velvet,” I said with a smile, “Good to see you again,” I said as I climbed in, Flower Rain quickly following me into the warmth of the carriage, bundled up against the cold in a cloak looking two sized too large for her.

“Welcome back to Canterlot, Prince Page,” the unicorn said with a smile, “I’m to escort you to Princess Celestia. I was told that Princess Twilight wouldn’t be joining us?”

“Not today at least,” I agreed.

Flower Rain scooted a bit closer to the heater in the carriage as it started to move. I fully understood how she felt, even the short trip outside had been chilly, even through cloak and warming spell.

PreviousChapters Next