• Published 26th Jun 2021
  • 2,288 Views, 405 Comments

The Darkness Shard - OliverSparkle

  • ...
2
 405
 2,288

Chapter 8

In the hallway of the Canterlot castle, the young seven were heading towards the kitchen with Lightning laying on Silverstream’s back.

The poor colt was getting a little hungry, even while getting some more sleep, so Sandbar and the others decided to grab a bite to eat before Lightning continues to get more rest with his friends helping him sleep well.

While laying on Silverstream’s back, Lightning couldn’t help but feel more scared of the nightmares he just had. He quietly whimpered as he buried his face in the back of the hippogriff’s neck with her mane covering his head.

Smolder noticed this and gently patted her boyfriend’s mane while saying, “Now now, Braveheart. Everything will be okay. We’re gonna help you get through this, I promise.”

Lightning slowly moved his head from Silverstream’s neck and mane to sadly look at the orange dragon.

“I just wish Sora was here,” he said sadly, “He could help with stopping the nightmares.”

“Us too, kid,” said Gallus while flying in mid-air, “Us too.”

Suddenly, a strange voice from the distance stopped the young seven in their tracks.

“My word. Your friendship with the Keyblade bearer really is strong, no matter where he is now.”

The young seven looked around to find where that voice came from, until they saw a dark corridor appearing near in front of them. It then disappeared to reveal a black coat figure with his hood on.

“But unfortunately, leaving here on your own to another world you’ve never been to before is not an opinion, Lightning Twister,” he said before moving his hand out to him, “I’ll take you to see Sora.”

Lightning said nothing and hugged Silverstream’s mane in fear but also knowing he could be bad news. The mysterious figure placed his hand while asking, “You don’t want that?”

“I do wanna see him!” Lightning said bravely but still scared, “More than anything. But…not with you around.” Gallus and Smolder placed their fists up ready to fight the mysterious figure.

“If I was a nice person, I would respect you and leave you be,” said the figure, “Except…I’m not a nice person!”

The mysterious figure disappeared in a flash making the young seven look around for him, but couldn’t see him anywhere in the hallway.

“Where mysterious person go?!” Yona asked.

“Right here.” The mysterious figure appeared in front of Silverstream, making the seven jump in shock, as he grabbed Lightning by the mane and picked him up from Silverstream’s back.

Lightning screamed in fear.

“N-No! Help me!” He cried in fear.

“Hey, put him down!” Said Gallus angrily before he and Smolder flew towards the figure to save their friend.

But the mysterious figure swung his left arm to the left making strong wind blow as it made the griffin and dragon fly backwards and smack against the wall. Lightning gasped in shock.

The mysterious figure turned to Sandbar, Yona, Ocellus and Silverstream before placed his left hand forward making strong wind blow again and made the four fly backwards and fell to the ground.

“All too easy,” the mysterious figure said before pulling the colt close to him as he was struggling to break free from his hand, but it wasn’t any good since he was too strong for him like his father was.

“Let me go!” Cried Lightning while hitting the figure’s arm.

The mysterious figure heard footsteps running towards him from the distance. He turned to see Sora, Donald and Goofy running angrily towards him as they stopped near him and summoned the Keyblade, staff and shield with Sora saying, “You heard him! Let him go!”

“Sora!” Lightning said happily. He was so happy to see Sora again.

“Well, so the story is true then,” said the figure, “You are the Keyblade’s chosen one.”

“Did you not hear me?! I said, let him go! Now!”

The mysterious figure did what Sora said and let the colt go, but let him fell to the floor. Luckily, Smolder quickly got back up again, flew towards the figure and caught her boyfriend before he could hit the floor and hurt himself.

“I’ve got you, sweetheart!” Smolder said while flying towards Sora with the other five running up towards them.

“You guys okay?” Asked Sora.

“Yeah, we’re okay,” answered Sandbar happily.

“Yona happy to see Sora and friends again!”

“Awww…Donald happy to see Yona and her friends too!” Donald said happily with Sora, Goofy and the young seven smiling at the wizard.

Sora turned back to glare at the mysterious figure while saying, “We hear someone else has got a beef with Lightning Twister and Equestria!” He turned to the young seven, “Get Lightning away from here as possible. If it’s really him that guy wants, he’ll stop at nothing till he has him.”

The young six gave Sora a nod in understood before running off to hide somewhere while Smolder held tight to Lightning as he had his hooves around Smolder’s neck and his face buried in her chest.

Sora pointed his Keyblade at the mysterious figure, with Donald and Goofy stood in battle mode, while they glared at the hooded guy.

“All right, we want answers from you!” Said Sora angrily, “Who are you and what do you want?”

The mysterious figure stayed quiet for a few seconds before answering, “That I would like to announce when the time is right.”

“And what time would that be?” Sora asked crossly.

“You’ll see,” he replied, “But what I want…what I really want, is have what Lightning has had back when The Storm King returned. The darkness within him, and to also rule everything with all the darkness I can ever want.”

“The darkness of The Storm King!” Donald said in shock.

“Ah yes, he knows exactly what I mean by that.”

“Well you’re not getting it!” Said Sora crossly, “He’s not The Storm Pony anymore, nor is he part of The Storm King’s blood! As long as the magic of friendship and our love is strong within him, the darkness can never come out of him or return into him!”

“That’s what you really think,” the mysterious figure said, “But when the time comes, the darkness will rise within him again. And he will be like me when I am able to control that darkness.”

“Is that why you’re giving him the nightmares he’s starting to have?!” Sora asked.

“Let’s say it’s my way of getting him to release the darkness that he locked away long ago and refuse to let it back into his heart.”

“Well, we won’t let that happen!” Said Sora angrily, “No matter how many nightmares you gave him or how many darkness allies you send, we’ll be there for him and to protect him! He will never be like you!”

The mysterious figure chuckled a bit. “We shall see.”

A dark corridor appeared behind the mysterious figure as he walked back into it.

“Stop!” Sora shouted before charging towards him. But it was too late, the dark corridor disappeared with the mysterious figure as Sora jumped and swung his Keyblade to where the figure was once standing.

Sora turned behind to see he missed and was too late. Donald and Goofy walked up to Sora as the Keyblade, staff and shield disappeared.

“He’s gone!” Said Donald.

“Yeah, with no name or how many more nightmares he’s gonna give Lightning until he has unleashed the darkness in his heart,” said Sora.

“Garsh, and we didn’t even get to see who was under the hood,” added Goofy.

“But we do know he’s not from either of the two Organizations we faced,” said Sora.

“Huh?” Donald stared in confusion.

“That voice,” explained Sora, “It wasn’t the same as Xehanort’s, or any other Nobody or darkness seeker we faced before I made the ultimate sacrifice.”

Donald and Goofy looked at each other and started to understand what Sora meant by that.

“Oh that’s right!” Goofy said, “And after we defeated both of the Organizations, they turned back whole again, back to their original time, and back into Xehanort before he passed on after his defeat.”

“So this new mysterious guy is definitely a newbie,” said Donald.

“But the question is, who is he?” Sora asked with his arms crossed, “And how did he know about Lightning and Equestria?”

Donald and Goofy tried to think as well, but they couldn’t think how that new figure knew about Equestria and Lightning Twister. There must be a way he figured it out and the real reason he’s doing all of this.

Their thoughts were shown cut off when they saw the young seven walking up towards them with Lightning being held by Smolder still.

“You lot okay?” Asked Donald.

“Yeah, we’re okay,” answered Ocellus politely, “We wanted to see if you were okay too.”

“Yeah, no worries,” said Sora kindly.

“Who was that?” Asked Lightning worriedly.

Sora bent down to Smolder’s level and looked at the scared colt while saying, “We’re not sure yet, Lightning. But we will figure out who he is and stop him. I promise.” He started to slowly stroke Lightning’s mane with Smolder gently rubbing his back.

Just then, a flash light appeared behind them as they turned before the light disappeared to reveal Discord.

“I thought I felt a familiar magic from somewhere,” he said proudly, “Sora! So good to see you again, it’s been so long. And I see you brought some friends along this time. When did you get here?”

Sora stared crossly and annoyed at the lord of chaos before saying, “About six minutes ago, actually. But I didn’t expect you to show up, especially after what you did during my first time here!”

“Had a feeling something like this might happen,” said Sandbar in annoyance.

“You know him?” Goofy asked.

Sora turned back to his friends, but in a calm look, before answering, “Yeah, Discord is what he calls himself the lord of chaos. And from what I heard from my first visit, he’s been causing trouble ever since he was “reformed”. And do you remember what I said when I explained my story about Young Xehanort in Equestria?”

Donald and Goofy nodded their heads in response.

“Well…” Sora angrily points at Discord, “HE’S the reason how he got into Equestria and spread darkness everywhere.”

“WHAT?!” Donald said in a shock look on his face, Goofy had the same shock look on his face too, before they stared angrily at Discord.

“Oh please don’t tell me you’re still mad at me too,” said Discord in an annoyed tone with his arms crossed.

“Well of course I’m still mad at you,” said Sora crossly, “You nearly doomed Equestria with darkness, and brought in a seeker that doesn’t even know this world!”

“And nearly made us lose Sora after he saved Kairi!” Donald shouted angrily.

“And put an innocent little pony in grave danger!” Goofy said angrily.

“I was only trying to help Twilight and Oliver see they’re ready for the princess and captain role!” Discord argued, “Plus that colt was taking Fluttershy away from me!”

“No, he wasn’t!” Said Donald, “Fluttershy adopted him as her child! He would never try to take Fluttershy away from her friends! He just wanted a family that loves him! And it was her choice to adopt him, and she was happy with the choice she’s made!”

“And it’s not up to you to decide who can be a part of Fluttershy’s life and family or not!” Sora added, “That’s not what friends do!”

“Yeah! Friends trust, support and respect others’ choices!” Donald said.

“Not treat them like their choice to make is yours!” Added Goofy.

“But how will they know they are ready for the next step?” Asked Discord.

“By supporting them!” Shouted Donald as he stomped his foot to the floor, “That’s how they know they are ready for the next steps without feeling worried all the time!”

Discord let out a “hmph” before saying, “Like that’s gonna help anyway.” He then snapped his eagle fingers and disappeared in a flash light.

“What’s his problem?” Asked Donald in an annoyed tone.

“Not happy with things going his way I expect,” Sora replied.

“Why is he here?” Lightning asked, “I thought he was banished.”

“Well…” began Sandbar while trying to put it into words that won’t make Lightning worried or more upset, “Discord appeared after we placed you in bed for some extra sleep, and he wanted to return to Equestria.”

“And she said he can?”

“I’m afraid so, kid,” replied Gallus, “She didn’t want to deal with his drama queen words while the nightmares are still haunting you.”

“But she did warn him that if he upsets you again while sorting out the nightmares, he’ll be going straight back to his world and to never return unless Celestia said he can,” said Ocellus.

“So you just leave the Discord problem to us if he does start bothering or upsetting you, okay?” Smolder said softly.

Lightning was now worried that Discord might treat him like he’s not a in the Friendship circle or part of Fluttershy’s family, call him hurtful names and scare him, but he decided to try and not worry too much about him. So he slowly nodded his head at his boyfriend while saying, “Okay.”

“Good boy,” said Silverstream softly while gently patting Lightning’s head.

“So where are you lot heading anyways?” Sora asked.

“Poor pony got hungry so Yona and friends were gonna get some snacks,” answered Yona.

“Gawrsh, now that you mention it, I’m getting kind of hungry myself,” said Goofy.

“Me too,” Donald added as he rubbed his belly.

“I suppose we could go for a little snack,” said Sora before looking at the young seven, “Mind if we join you?”

“Sure,” answered Ocellus politely, “The more, the merrier.”

With that being said, the young seven made their way towards the kitchen with Sora, Donald and Goofy tagging along. But none of them noticed that Discord was spying on them through one of the castle windows while glaring at them as he flew away from the window.

“Hmph!” He said angrily to himself, “Should have gotten a better welcoming than that. And yet, they’re still mad at me! I deserve some respect after what I have done anyway!” Discord crossed his arms, “I suppose I have find someone of my kind that help me get back their trust.”

Discord suddenly let out of gasp as he just thought of something. He grinned while saying, “And I believe there is something that’s also a draconequus. She could help show I deserve the respect after my plans to help Oliver and Twilight.”

Discord snapped his fingers and disappeared in a flash of light.