• Published 26th Jun 2021
  • 2,288 Views, 405 Comments

The Darkness Shard - OliverSparkle

  • ...
2
 405
 2,288

Chapter 40

Outside Ardyn’s castle, which is like a few miles away, a green light flashed as it faded to reveal Shadow and everyone else. Kion, Rani, Baliyo and Nirmala’s cheeks were puffed, but they were struggling a bit to try and hold it like that till they can stop.

Shadow placed his emerald away before saying, “Okay, we’re here, and no one can see us. You can let them out now.”

“Finally!” Mumbled Rani.

Kion, Rani, Baliyo and Nirmala all spat out the young six and Roni. The children all groaned while slowly getting up before wiping the mouth wet on them. The two lions and lionesses all coughed after having the children inside their mouths during the teleportation.

“Ew!” Sandbar said while wiping the wet off his mane.

“Are you kids okay?” Rani asked politely.

“Think so,” answered Gallus as he brush the wet off his tail.

After cleaning her tail, Smolder said, “We are so not doing that again.”

“Agreed,” said Yona.

“And what did you have, Uncle Baliyo?” Roni asked, “Your breath really stinks.”

“Oh come on, kid. My breath doesn’t smell that bad.” Baliyo suddenly caught a smell of his breath as he cringed before holding his nose, “No, never mind. It does smell bad.”

“So what’s the plan?” Knuckles asked, “How do we get in?”

“The secret entrance is just round that corner,” answered Shadow, “However, it will take us only to the inside of the main hall, meaning we will need to be prepared in case they’re ready for us.”

“You got it!” Donald saluted.

“And it’s best you keep the boys close to you as possible. There’s no telling what they might pull on us to get them.”

“We’re on it!” Silverstream said.

“Roni, stay close to us as possible, okay?” Rani said softly to her son, “You can hide under me for protection if you want to.”

“Okay,” said Roni.

The little cub went underneath his mother while Silverstream gently placed Lightning on her back as she hid him underneath her mane so he can hide and be safe.

“Don’t worry, little cutie,” said the pink hippogriff softly, “You’ll be safe.”

“Right, follow me,” said Shadow as he led the heroes to where the secret entrance was that Ardyn doesn’t even know about.


Back in Chrysalis’s hive room, Beshte and Ocellus were twitching while opening and closing their eyes inside the cocoons. They were in there for seven minutes after Chrysalis left, and poor Ocellus was feeling more weak than ever.

However, due to Beshte being the heaviest animal in the Circle of Life, the slime holding his cocoon was slowly starting to lose hold. It suddenly snapped and the cocoon fell down as it cracked open freeing the hippo. Beshte slowly got up, as bits of Changeling slime was still on his hair, muzzle and back.

Beshte groaned before saying, “Oh, my head. What happened?” He then saw the broken cocoon he was just in. “Was I just in that?” He saw the slime on his muzzle, showing that he was in it. Beshte shook the slime off him as he said, “That queen is so gross.”

Beshte suddenly saw Ocellus in her cocoon still as he gasped in shock.

“Ocellus! Hold on, I’ll get you down!”

Beshte used his belly to bump against the wall to make the cocoon fall and cracked open on the ground to free the changeling. Ocellus groaned in weak pain as she tried to get up, but it wasn’t any good. The draining from Chrysalis has made her so weak to even move a single hoof. She collapsed and laid on her front.

Beshte rushed over to Ocellus’s aid.

“Ocellus, are you okay?”

Ocellus groaned once more before looking at the hippo weakly.

“I’m…so…weak. I can’t, move.”

Beshte sadly looked at the poor changeling before saying, “I’ve got to get you out of here.”

Just then, they both a buzzing sound and an evil cackle from Chrysalis coming from the far distance outside the room. “She’s coming back,” said Ocellus in a worried and weak tone. She knew she was after more love from her.

Beshte can tell Chrysalis was coming back for more, and he wasn’t gonna let her have it. He bent down to Ocellus and whispered to her, “Okay, don’t make any sound. Hide inside my mouth if you want to live.”

Ocellus weakly looked at the hippo before saying, “I’ll do anything to get out of here right now.”

“Okay, hold on.” Beshte slowly opened his mouth and carefully picked Ocellus up with it. He gently pulled her to where she was now laying on his tongue as he closes his mouth.

Once the changeling was nice and safe in his mouth, he quickly left the hive room before Chrysalis could come back in time and without accidentally swallowing Ocellus. He wasn’t sure how long he could hold her, but he still needed to get her away from the queen.

By the time Beshte was out of the room, which he took the doorway that was the left, Chrysalis came out of the doorway, that was on the right, as she was humming while dancing a bit.

“Oh I can’t wait to have my revenge,” she sang, “I may not have an army, but soon I’ll have a new one. It’ll be stronger than the old one. And I’ll be queen onc…”

Chrysalis gasped in shock and surprised as she saw two cocoons all broken on the ground. She can tell that her prisoners have escaped.

“No no no no no NO!” She flew over to the broken cocoons. “They’ve escaped! But how?! Ugh! Why does this always happen?! I can’t let them escape! I need that Changeling!”

Chrysalis angrily flew out of the right side doorway in search for the hippo and changeling. However, she didn’t think to go through the doorway on the left instead of going through the one on the right.


Inside the hallway of Ardyn’s castle, that was a big rock, that was covering an open hole between the wall and the floor, as dust and tiny rocks started to fall. It was then revealed to be Shadow who was doing it as his hand reached out from inside the tunnel. He quietly and carefully moved the boulder to one side making an open.

Riku and Mickey came out first, with their Keyblades, and searched for any guards, wolves or villains around waiting for them to arrive.

After doubling checking the area, they gave each other a nod as their Keyblades magically disappeared. Riku motioned with his hand to everyone as a signal saying the coast is clear. Everyone came out of the tunnel one by one, with Lightning still hiding behind Silverstream’s mane and Roni hiding underneath Rani. Shadow and Knuckles worked together to push the boulder back to hide the secret tunnel.

“All right, what’s the next step of the plan?” Asked Jacob.

“The next step is to find our missing friends,” answered Doctor Strange, “Then find Ardyn and his followers, put an end to his doing and put everything right so we can all go home.”

“Right,” said Rainbow, “But how do we find them all in here? Ardyn sure has a big castle, and Chrysalis could be holding Beshte and Ocellus anywhere.”

“I suggest that we split up into groups and we take down his followers separately,” suggest Celestia, “Me, Twilight, Spike, Luna, Doctor Strange, Kion, Rani and Roni will go find Beshte and Ocellus while the rest you take a guardian and a wizard or witch and stop the other villains before we deal with Ardyn. But make sure Lightning Twister is safe.”

They all gave Celestia a nod in response.

“And Cosmos,” continued Celestia, “If Cold Wind or any of Ardyn’s followers dare try to take Lightning away, use a lot of chaos on them as you can.”

“As you wish, princess,” saluted Cosmos.

“All right, let’s do this,” said Twilight, “It’s time to put an end to this nightmare once and for all.”

“Wait,” said Knuckles, “Before we split up, there’s something I need to do first.”

Knuckles went over to Discord and punched him very hard in the stomach. Discord groaned in pain while hugging his hurtful stomach as he fell to his knees. This caused Smolder and Lightning to chuckle a bit.

“Okay, now I’m ready.”

With that said, the heroes went into six different groups and went in separated ways.

Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Riku, Mickey and Terra was group one.

Fluttershy, Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, Capper, Sunburst, the young six, Cosmos, Sora, Donald and Goofy was group two.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Tom, Maddie, Roxas, Xion and Axel was group three.

The rest of the Lion Guard and the Night Pride, Ventus, Aqua, Newt, Theseus and Tina was group four.

Yozora, Queenie, Jacob, Oliver, Flurry Heart, Tempest Shadow, Amore, Solar Eclipse, Shining Armor, Cadence, Constantine, Vincent, Dumbledore and Credence was group five.

Discord, still feeling pain in his stomach, was were the second group so both Cosmos and Fluttershy can keep an close eye on him in case he tries to do anything stupid.


Twilight, Spike, Celestia, Luna, Doctor Strange, Kion and Rani were walking down the hallway, with Roni hiding underneath his father, while trying to find Beshte and Ocellus before they can deal with Ardyn. But so far, they couldn’t find them.

“I feel like we’ve going in circles or been going down this path forever,” said Spike, “And I’m starting to feel more worried about Beshte and Ocellus. I hope they’re okay.”

“Don’t worry, Spike,” said Twilight calmly, “I’m sure they’re okay. We just have be calm and hope they have already escaped Chrysalis.”

“Twilight’s right,” said Kion, “And knowing Beshte, he always find a way to escape, even to save a friend.”

“I agree,” said Luna, “As soon as we find them, we’ll know that they are safe.”

“Wait, I see something up ahead,” said Rani.

They all stopped and looked forward as they saw a big shadow coming up on the wall from the distance. None of them know what or who it could be.

“Spike, get underneath me,” whispered Twilight as Spike did what he was told and hid underneath his mother while hugging her hoof.

The shadow came closer and bigger as it suddenly went down till it became a shape of a hippo. There they saw Beshte coming out of the distance, showing that it was just him and no one else. Kion, Rani and Roni were so happy to see that their friend was okay. However, they didn’t noticed the puffy cheeks on the hippo.

“Beshte!” Kion said happily.

Kion, Rani and Roni all ran up to Beshte as Spike came out from beneath Twilight and smiled at the hippo. The two lions and lioness hugged Beshte.

“We were so worried about you,” said Roni as they broke the hug.

“We’re glad you’re okay,” said Kion.

Twilight suddenly realised that someone wasn’t with Beshte. “Wait, where’s Ocellus? Is she okay?”

“Don’t worry, Twilight,” mumbled Beshte, “She’s safe.”

Everyone was confused to what Beshte said and why was he talking like that.

“Uh, sorry, what did you say?” Rani asked confusedly.

“Hold on,” mumbled Beshte again. He then spat out Ocellus before coughing after having her in his mouth for who knows how long. “I said, don’t worry, she’s safe. I had to keep her away from Chrysalis, so I hid her in my mouth. Thank Mufasa I didn’t swallowed her.”

Ocellus groaned as Twilight quickly went over and checked on the changeling. She can tell she was feeling weak and unable to move by herself. She looked at the hippo and asked, “What happened to her?”

“Chrysalis drained the love from her. She said she needed it to build a new changeling army. Not sure how, but it looked like she drained almost all of her love.”

Celestia carefully held Ocellus in her hooves and looked at her poor weak body. She got angry and said, “This, is definitely Chrysalis’s doing!” She gently placed the changeling back on the ground. “Just you wait till I get her! Wait until I get my hooves around her disgusting bug style neck! I’ll…!”

“Sister, calm down! I know you’re angry at what Chrysalis did, but you must calm yourself. Otherwise, you’ll end up like how I let my anger get a hold of me.”

Celestia let out a calm sigh.

“You’re right, Luna. I’m sorry. I just, can’t help but get furious whenever Chrysalis does something to our friends and family.” She looked at poor Ocellus. “And what she did to our little changeling, is the last straw.” She looked at Kion. “Kion, you and your friends and family take Ocellus and find the others. Doctor Strange, go with them. Twilight, Luna, Spike, come with me.”

“Where are we going?” Spike asked.

Celestia glared at the path where Chrysalis’s hive room is while saying, “To finish what I should have done, a long time ago.”