• Published 26th Jun 2021
  • 2,288 Views, 405 Comments

The Darkness Shard - OliverSparkle

  • ...
2
 405
 2,288

Chapter 42

Princess Celestia was shooting yellow magic grasp beams at Chrysalis as she used her own magic to block the beams and shoot some of her own while the alicorn flew and teleported away to dodge them. Twilight, Spike and Luna continued to watch in fear while trying to call out to Celestia and breaking down her shield.

“Tia, stop!” Cried Luna.

“This is not the way to fix everything!” Twilight shouted.

Spike tried to break the shield with his fists, but it wasn’t any good. Celestia’s magic was far too strong for him to break. “It’s no good! I can’t break it down!”

“It’s okay, Spike. At least you tried,” said Twilight.

Chrysalis shot a dark green beam at Celestia, but she flew under the beam. She glared at the evil bug and shot a very hard beam at Chrysalis which managed to hit her as she yelled before sliding on her side.

Chrysalis moaned as she weakly saw an angry Celestia approaching her with her horn glowing. She gasped in fear before backing up against the wall. She knew what was coming next. Celestia stood near Chrysalis and continued to glare at her as her horn was ready to blast the evil queen to pieces.

“This time, I’m going to finish this…for good.”

Chrysalis covered her face with her hooves while closing her eyes and looking away in great fear. Twilight couldn’t take it anymore and knew she had to stop Celestia before she makes a huge mistake. She used her magic to teleport out of the shield and appear in front of the princess with her wings opened.

“Celestia, STOP!” She shouted.

“Out of my way, Twilight.”

“No. I can’t let you do this.”

“Are you saving her now?”

“No! Even if I want to, at least, try to get her turn good like Starlight tried to last time, I’m not saving her. I’m only stopping you from destroying her. The Celestia I know wouldn’t cross that line.”

“After everything she’s done up until now, you’re going to let her live?” Celestia asked angrily, “She brought too much harm to Equestria and everypony! She made me turn my back on you!”

“I know, and I let out my true feelings about it days ago!” Twilight said crossly, “And yes, I want her gone too. Every day and every night, I can’t stop thinking of everything Chrysalis has done to us all. All the innocent lives she tortured, capturing us, encasing us in cocoons, and not knowing what she would do to us next once her plan was completed. But I can’t destroy her, even if I wanted to. Because if I do that…I’ll be gone forever. I may not be the princess on the throne just yet, but I can still stop you from making a huge mistake! And if I have to banish you to the moon if you do destroy her, then so be it! It isn’t something I want to do, but you will leave me with no other choice! I’m asking you, Princess Celestia, to stand down. Now.”

Celestia’s glare slowly turned into a frown as she looked at Twilight in both sadness and fear. She knew she was right. If she destroyed Chrysalis, she would the Celestia everypony knows and loves anymore, and she would be banished to the moon if she continues to try and destroy the queen.

A tear rolled in her face as her horn stopped glowing. She fell to her knees and continued to look sadly at the purple alicorn.

“You’re…you’re right, Twilight. I can’t do it. Chrysalis may be a threat to Equestria, but destroying her won’t solve or fix everything. And…I can’t lose you if I do it.”

Twilight frowned at her mentor before walking up to her and hugged her around the neck. Celestia rested her head on Twilight’s shoulder.

“Once this is all over, we’ll send her and the others back to the badlands,” said Celestia, “Then we shall never see them again.”

“That’s all I wanted,” said Twilight, “To send them back there, where they can hurt any of us or our friends and family anymore.”

Celestia’s shield faded away allowing Luna and Spike to enter and stand by the two princesses.

Chrysalis worriedly but slowly opened her eyes and saw she was even hurt, not even a single blast burnt on her. She moved her hooves away from her face before seeing three alicorns and a dragon glaring at her. She stood back up and stared confusedly and worriedly at Twilight.

“You stopped her from destroying me? But why? Why did you do that?”

“As much as I want you gone after everything you did, not just to me, but to everypony, I would rather see you back in the badlands or in Tartarus rather than destroy you,” answered Twilight, “That’s the only punishment I want for you.”

Chrysalis slowly smiled before going up to Twilight and bending down to the alicorn’s hooves.

“Oh thank you, Twilight! Thank you so much! That’s all I want from you! To be banished to that place! Your teacher has taught you well! You’re really kind!” Her smile suddenly turned into an evil grin as she stared at Twilight. “But still FOOLISH!”

Chrysalis shot a big blast at the three alicorns and the dragon as they yelled before falling on their sides. They tried to get up, but Chrysalis stopped them by using her changeling slime to pin them to the ground.

“If you think I’m going back there, think again!” She said as she approached Twilight, “I have waited for far too long for my revenge, and to finally build my new changeling army!” She got close to Twilight’s face, “I may not have Starlight Glimmer yet, but at least I can finally have my revenge on you first.” She moved away before lifting her prisoners up. “But in the meantime, there’s a darkness seeker waiting for me to bring some of the enemies to him.” Chrysalis walked out of her hive room while carrying the three ponies and dragon with her.


Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Tom, Maddie, Roxas, Xion and Axel were walking down the hallway searching for Beshte and Ocellus, and for Ardyn or any of his allies.

“I can’t see Beshte or Ocellus or any of Ardyn’s helpers anywhere,” said Tails.

“They’ve got to be around here somewhere,” said Maddie, “Unless they managed to escape and are now trying to find a way out of this place.”

“In which case, we go out and see if they’re there,” said Knuckles.

“I don’t think they would be outside now,” said Axel, “They’re probably still inside trying to find a way to get outside the castle.”

“Ah, now it makes sense,” said Knuckles while Sonic and Tom rolled their eyes in annoyance.

“I just hope Spike is doing okay,” said Xion worriedly, “Especially with Ardyn having dangerous darkness that’s more worst than Xehanort’s.”

“Hey, don’t worry, Xion,” said Axel, “Spike’s a brave dragon, and he’s with his mother and the two princesses. I’m sure he’ll be just fine. Besides, no one messes with Spike. Got it memorized?”

Xion smiled at her friend and gave him a nod for a yes.

“Oh I’m sure she’s got it memorized!” Said a familiar voice, “Even if it’s the last thing she’ll ever remember!”

They suddenly saw Robotnik flying towards them in his egg mobile. He grinned at them all, knowing that his trap for them is gonna work and they don’t even know it.

“Eggman!” Sonic said angrily.

“Hello, hedgehog. Happy to see me again? No?” Robotnik let out a tsk, “Didn’t quite think so. But, at least you brought some of your friends along before I came.”

“And we ain’t happy to see you again either, Doctor Robotnik,” said Roxas crossly.

Robotnik was surprised to hear Roxas say his real name. After being called Eggman for a long time, someone has actually used the name he likes to be called. He smiled with happiness.

“Yes! Finally! Thank you! Almost makes me want to spare your life.”

“Roxas has an extra life?” Knuckles asked, “I didn’t know we have more than just one.”

Tails sighed in annoyance.

“No, he meant letting him go free without hurting him.”

“Well why did he say spare his life instead of that then?”

“Ugh! I just give up. I can’t with him. I just can’t.”

“Is it okay if I stay out of that and just focus on defeating Eggman?” Sonic asked.

“Yep,” answered Tom.

“Oh focus on defeating me all you want,” said Robotnik while grinning, “But you won’t be able to defeat me this time. None of you will. Not when I say…Now, Agent Stone!”

“Stone?” Axel asked confusedly and worriedly.

“Yes, Doctor!”

Agent Stone points his rope launcher at the group and shoots a rope out which quickly tied them up before they could even run or summon the Keyblades. They were now trapped.

“Hey!” They all shouted in unison.

Robotnik leaned over his egg mobile as he looked at the tied up group in surprised. He wasn’t expecting his plan to actually work since most of the time he tried to capture Sonic, he always quickly finds a way to escape before he even has the chance.

“I was not expecting that to actually happen. But, then again, Ardyn did help me upgrade my gadgets and traps. So it doesn’t count.”

Robotnik hovered his egg mobile to where he was above the group. The hatch from beneath the mobile opened and a claw lowered down as it picked up the tied up group. It lifted them up.

“Come, Stone. We’ve got a delivery to do.”

“Yes, Doctor.”

Agent Stone began to make his way to Ardyn’s throne room with Robotnik following behind in his egg mobile and carrying his tied up prisoners.


Doctor Strange, Kion, Rani, Roni and Beshte were walking down the hallway, with poor Ocellus lying on Beshte’s back, as they continued to try and find some of their friends.

Suddenly, they were surrounded by Makucha, Chuluun, Ora and a few shadow wolves as they stood around them in a circle stopping them from going any further.

“Makucha,” growled Kion.

“Hello again, Kion,” said Makucha with an evil grin, “Glad to see you and your friends and family have made here in one piece, just so we can do it.”

Doctor Strange got ready to start fighting them all, but he was attacked by three shadow wolves as they pinned him to the ground making him struggle to break free and get back up again, even without using his magic.

“Doctor Strange!” Roni said worriedly.

Kion tried to run up to Strange to help him, but he was stopped by two shadow wolves that was blocking his way and growling at him.

“I wouldn’t try,” said Makucha, “One move and you’ll have another scar on you.”

“Run, Roni! Run!” Rani said.

Roni did what his mother said and ran off as he went through underneath Chuluun. “Hey!” She shouted while seeing jump over the two shadow wolves and in the distance of the castle.

“Get him!” Chulunn said as she and Ora were about go after him, but was stopped by Makucha.

“No. We’ve been given orders to bring them and everyone else to Ardyn. He wants the cub and colt to come to him. Now bring the prisoners to his throne.”

“Yes, Makucha,” said Chuluun.

Makucha, Chuluun and Ora stood near Kion, Rani, Beshte and Ocellus, to make sure they try anything to escape, as they went on ahead to Ardyn’s throne with the shadow wolves dragging Doctor Strange along by his cape.


Yozora, Queenie, Jacob, Flurry Heart, Tempest Shadow, Amore, Solar Eclipse, Shining Armor, Cadence, Constantine, Vincent, Dumbledore and Credence were walking down in the hallway before they were suddenly ambushed by dark guards.

Yozora summoned his weapons with Queenie, Jacob, Dumbledore and Credence took out their wands ready to fight them followed by Constantine getting his dark gold grasp ready and Tempest charging her broken horn up.

But before they can use any spell on them, they saw Grindelwald entering the scene with his hands behind his back.

“I wouldn’t try,” he said, “Ardyn’s guards are way too strong for any spell you put on them. Even if they were his wolves. So I suggest you lower your weapons, wands, magic and broken spell and follow me, before things starts going worse for you all.”

They really wanted to ignore him and just fight already, but they knew he was right. So they did what he said and lowered their wands with Constantine’s grasp fading away and Tempest’s broken horn calming down followed by Yozora’s weapons disappearing.

“Very good,” said Grindelwald with a small smile, “I knew you would believe me, Dumbledore.” He turned to Queenie and Credence, “And you two. I am so disappointed in both of you. I could have given you exactly what you wanted. And Credence, I helped you. I showed you who you truly are.”

“You used me,” said Credence, “And you lied to me. Yes, I am a Dumbledore. But he wasn’t my brother. His brother, is my father. And you kept that away from me, just so I can just kill your friend.”

“It was the only way to get me to end all Muggles,” said Grindelwald, “I couldn’t let him get in my way. But no matter now, things are now changing. And this time, the war with the Muggles will begin.” He turned round and walked away while saying, “Take them to the throne room, and ignore that other pony. He’ll be joining us soon.”

Flurry gasped as she knew who he meant.

“Olive!” She said worriedly.


Mrs Warlock was trying her best to dodge the attacks Oliver was doing in his ink demon form. He tried punching and kicking her one move at a time, but she kept dodging the attacks by moving one side to another and running off.

However, she was still scared of him.

At last, Oliver managed to make Mrs Warlock trip over by kicking her back hoof which caused her fall on her front and slid a bit.

Mrs Warlock groaned and tried to get back up, but instead, she backed up in fear as she saw the ink demon approaching her. She started to shake. Ink Bendy grabbed her by the hooves and brought her close to his face while growling.

“This could have all been avoided!” He shouted crossly, “None of this would happen if you two just treated me better and didn’t abused me! But if you haven’t had done it, I would never have met my better family and use the Ink Demon for good use rather being a monster!”

“Does that mean we can go free?” Mrs Warlock asked while shaking in fear.

“No! You still need to pay for your actions and all the things you did to me!”

Mrs Warlock got even more scared as she looked away in fear with her eyes closed while saying, “Please, don’t! Don’t kill me! I may have treated you like trash, but please don’t do it! I’ll do anything! Anything!”

Ink Bendy placed Mrs Warlock back to the ground before turning back into Oliver’s normal alicorn self. “You may have almost ruined my life when I was a colt,” he said, “But I would rather see you and Mr Warlock in prison than ending it all. That’s not how to fix things.”

Mrs Warlock smiled in relief, but was still scared, as she hugged Oliver’s forelegs. “Oh thank you!” She said, “Thank you, thank you! That’s all I want as punishment! You’re such a good boy! Your family has taught you well!”

“They have,” he said.

Suddenly, Oliver felt a big whack on the back of his head. He fell unconscious and collapsed to the ground to reveal it was Mr Warlock that whacked him with a pipe. Mrs Warlock grinned evilly at the unconscious alicorn as she finally got back up to her hooves.

“But not quick enough,” she said to him.

Mr Warlock grabbed Oliver’s tail and dragged him to Ardyn’s throne room with Mrs Warlock following behind holding the pipe to make sure he stays unconscious till they get to the throne.


As for the other groups, they were all captured as well.

Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Riku, Mickey and Terra was caught by Ardyn’s guards and The rest of the Lion Guard and the Night Pride with Ventus, Aqua, Newt, Theseus and Tina was surrounded by shadow wolves as they pinned the Lion Guard and the Night Pride members to the ground.

Newt, Theseus and Tina tried to use their wands to fight the wolves, but Cold Wind quickly flew in and grabbed their wands before the wolves jumped on them and pinned them to the ground too.

Riku, Mickey, Terra, Ven and Aqua were about to summon their Keyblades, but Lord Tirek grabbed hold of Ventus and Aqua while Riku, Mickey and Terra were tackled by the guards.

They all struggled to break free, but Tirek and the wolves were too strong for them to handle without their wands and unable to summon their Keyblades as they took them to Ardyn’s throne room.


Somewhere in the far end of the castle, Lightning was running on one side while Roni was running on the other side. They suddenly saw each other and quickly picked up the pace towards each other.

“Lightning, are you okay?! What happened?! Where are the others?!”

“Momma told me get away as far as I could,” answered the colt, “I don’t know where the others are. I’m worried Ardyn might have them all captured.”

“That’s what I’m about worried about too,” said Roni, “Especially after Mom told me to run.”

“I really want to save them, but I can’t,” said Lightning worriedly, “Ardyn’s too scary and Daddy’s with him. And it’s us he wants.”

“And he’s not gonna stop until he has what he wants,” said Roni, “With your grandfather’s darkness and Scar’s anger inside of me, he’s gonna continue hunting us down.”

“And he has something that I didn’t know about him.”

“Huh? And what’s that?”

“Before running off, I saw something inside of Ardyn when he tried to harm us with darkness.”

“What did you see?” Roni asked.

“I saw…a soul. And it belonged, to my grandfather. Ardyn has The Storm King’s soul.”

Roni gasped in surprised. He was shocked to hear about Ardyn has the soul of The Storm King, and no one knew he had it from the start.

“That’s how he was able to give me bad dreams wherever I was, and how Princess Luna was struggling to help me,” said Lightning, “He had my grandfather’s soul. And since his blood runs inside me, he was able to haunt my mind and give me bad dreams whether I’m in Equestria or at the Tree of Life.”

“And with enough darkness like that, he was able to haunt my mind,” added Roni, “Did you see Scar’s soul in him as well?”

“No, only The Storm King’s,” he answered, “But he must have used enough darkness to find you as well and give you bad dreams too before we came.”

“And none of our parents or friends knew about it when he first started haunting us.”

“And with them all captured, there’s no telling what he might do to them before finding us.” Lightning looked away in fear and sadness as a tear rolled down his face.

Roni looked away in sadness as well. But then, something hit him in his mind. Something being a thought. A thought being a way to defeating Ardyn while saving their friends and family, and giving him what he wants. Roni looked at Lightning and said, “We have to go to him.”

“What?!” Lightning looked at the cub in both fear and surprised, “Are you crazy?! That’s going to make things easy for him, even asking him to let our friends and family go!”

“Yes, we do have what he wants,” said Roni, “But there’s one thing he doesn’t know about, and will put an end to his madness when we give him your darkness and Scar’s anger inside me.”

Lightning was confused by what Roni just said.

“And what’s that?”

“I’ll explain on the here. Come on, we’ve go to hurry.”

Lightning and Roni ran towards Ardyn’s throne as fast as their hooves and paws can carry them.

Author's Note:

What could Roni mean by that?

Find out, next year! Because I’m not going to write the next chapter during Christmas break.